Production Resource Group AG Employee Reviews

work hard play hard
Driver/Operator/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILOctober 17, 2019
learned a lot thanks to all the good people that were willing to show me new things work environment great very laidback but when its crunch time everyone works together and pulls thur .. i miss the VER family
Job sucks, but benefits were good.
Video Technician (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 12, 2019
Management was poor, but the benefits were good. I felt that I was set up to fail. Most of the employees there are pretty lazy and do not care for your progress.
Accounts Receivable Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2019
great place to work except for long hours however it is very rewarding. You will learn do much from working there and the industry is amazing. the grow
They have phased out all of there development and tech
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 19, 2019
My entire department was disbanded. Some of my co-workers formed their own company and now fulfill the tech needs for PRG as a contract company. All of the tech services we performed for customers are no longer supported or promoted. Only if a customer insists on the services does PRG contract with former employees to meet the need.
do not recommend
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 10, 2019
management is very unprofessional. I got yelled at many times and overworked. I do not recommend it for any clerical job type. The pay is also very low
Pros
free lunch once in a while
Cons
bad management
Great place.
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2019
It was a great experience and the people there were so nice and helpful in anything I needed. There were great team builders and just overall a great atmosphere. The job wasn’t stressful and I would definitely recommend working here.
Coworkers are great, zero chance for upward movement within company
Intercom Technician (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 21, 2019
PRG provides a solid Monday to Friday, 8:00-4:30 work schedule that you can count on and will never change unless you elect to do overtime or try to get gigs outside of the shop. Your coworkers around you are very knowledgeable and experienced and will usually be available provide assistance when needed. Interacting with the sales staff can be hit or miss. Some are willing to work with you and are understanding of the limitations of working in the shop, whereas some only look at their inventory screens and make decisions based on the numbers they see without interacting with the technicians. There is absolutely no room to be "promoted" and you must instead hope that you do a good enough job and take on enough responsibilities that the higher-ups deem you worthy of a raise that's higher than the paltry percentage you get based on the union's negotiated four year contract. This is a place where you can have stable work, but you won't be paid much for it (despite the fantastic benefits offered) and you certainly won't be moving anywhere other than potentially different departments within the company (with no pay raise to go with it).
Productive and fun environment to work in
Audio and Lighting cable department head (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJune 27, 2019
it was an educational experience.. I liked working there.
it was a little demanding physically. depending on which department one worked in. friendly people. very smart and worked together.
Pros
free lunches on holidays. cookouts. strong team/educated
Cons
Not great pay
Productive and helpful environment
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2019
Most days consisted with the first task of the day being an overview of the basics of what needed to be done that day. Then reviewing what was already taken care of the day before and if anything needed fixing. Everyone was always very helpful in anything that might have been forgotten. There would be meetings of where everyone was at and what help would be needed from other groups.
Pros
company lunches, event opportunities
Cons
no real opportunity for overtime
Great Job
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYMay 11, 2019
I have not yet been employed with PRG for more than 6 months, but so far I could not ask for a better place. I feel at home and everyone is super friendly and helpful. Compared to where I came from, this is heavenly. There’s a ton of work to do, but it’s actually a pleasure to do it. I honestly cannot explain it, but it’s like you enjoy the people so you enjoy the work. Just a fun place to be.
Pros
Monthly pizza
Cons
None so far
Ok
Lens Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 11, 2019
PRG actually bought the company that I worked for and the little time I worked as under PRG was not a good experience .
They immediately started laying off people about 300, they cut off beneficts and made the place so insecure.
They make easy very hard
Manager Project (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 11, 2019
This company is so vast and so poorly ran that it makes it virtually impossible for me to do my job correctly. Once the VER merger happened we lost a considerable amount of workforce and then another group left due to not wanting to be part of the new regime. Moral is very low and the work load is sometimes completely unrealistic for a 12 hour workday.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Their entire way of doing business is not meant to sustain, Looking for another job out of fear that they will not be around in 2 years.
Solid company to work for
Technical Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMarch 20, 2019
I felt supported at all times while working for PRG. My goals were clear and obtainable. Everyone at my depot was passionate about what they do. All other employees had a cooperative attitude and were happy to educate me in the areas of the industry I was not familiar with
Pros
Stabel employment in and industry that does not tend to be stable
Cons
Corporate feeling...difficult to stand out.
Company doesn't take care of its employees
Night Shift Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2019
At PRG, it doesn't matter how knowledgeable you are or how hard you have worked for them. They don't respect the hard work and knowledge you have dedicated to them. I was the most experienced and knowledgeable person in my department and on my shift. When the company merged with VER they let me go. They found out I was doing concert shows outside of my work hours with PRG and they nit picked to see how they could let me go.
Incredibly stressful and unrewarding.
Subrental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILOctober 3, 2018
The lack of fiscal responsibility is unbareable. I will say however, the people you would work with are some of the best I have know. They are always there to pick you up and make sure things are alright. If things aren't going right they surprise you with donuts. Unfortunately, I believe the company believes the donuts are in lieu of employees getting any sort of raise or significant compensation.
Pros
Donuts
Cons
No raises
A great working atmosphere
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
Ability to learn and grow within company. Went through a period of bad senior management hires, but eventually did get back on track. Would highly recommend an opportunity to work for them.
Entertainment industry provides challenges
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2018
Entertainment industry products provide good engineering challenges.

Research and development activities appear to be in decline

Nice casual work environment requiring hands on lab work in addition to design and development activities.
Pros
small work environment
Cons
communication
A good place to work
Vice President, Global IT Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYJuly 12, 2018
PRG is a very interesting place to work. It has a large base of dedicated, talented people creating exciting, industry-leading solutions for the entertainment industry.
Great Company
Freelance A/V Technician (Current Employee) –  Different LocationsJune 18, 2018
Great Company to work for. I Freelanced for some of there events as an A/V Tech with PRG - Load in, assemble, disassemble, and load out A/V equipment for Corporate Events, Meetings and Conferences at Hotel Ballrooms and Convention Centers.
Standard Fare, But Management Could Bear To Listen
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2018
I was a paid intern at PRG and in the end working at the warehouse just was not what I was looking for in a career. That being said, I bare them no ill will personally, and my low ratings for pay and compensation are because of what I learned from conversations with my coworkers there. In short, temps should expect to stay temps for 3 years before they become official employees and in that time they should not expect pay raises or benefits. I also hear the pay raises after that are less than ideal, but you could also argue that is the story everywhere. What I did notice was the lack of communication between the front of the house employees and the warehouse employees, as the warehouse manager never really took into account the warehouse employees side of the story nor communicate that side to the front of the house employees and would just reiterate the same things the front of the house employees told him. It got to the point that I would rather have skipped the morning meetings and head to the warehouse early to get to work if I could have.
Pros
Nice breakroom with a free coffee machine, generous lunch breaks
Cons
low starting pay, communication between management and employees is lacking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Production Resource Group AG. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight