Productive Resources Employee Reviews

Great place to start.
MECHANICAL DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, IAApril 17, 2018
It's a great place for entry level designers or even engineers. They have a lot of opportunities on-site with large companies, and potential to land a permanent spot within those companies. Working in the design center is also a rewarding job, but less opportunity there. Also a good company for someone that has been out of the field for a while and wanting to work back into it.
Pros
Very relaxed atmosphere, great people
Cons
Weak benefits
Good job with a paycheck
Product Validation and Verification Engineer (Current Employee) –  Silvis, IllinoisJanuary 16, 2018
They pay well, but all benefits are optional. They were very up-front about all of that and it is a good relationship for the near term. I just needed something with the full boat of benefits.
Pros
Good pay, honest recruiter, good experience
Cons
No benefits unless you want to pay for them
This was a very exciting place to work
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2018
The owner, business leaders, supervisors and workers were all cheerful and fun to work with every day. Each technical writer kept track of their own time to complete each job within the expected guidelines. The work was fast paced, highly technical and very interesting. We were writing technical manuals related to turbine engine operation & maintenance for Rolls-Royce.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling that you were working in a family environment.
Pros
Very well managed / friendly workforce
Cons
Contracts were completed and I was no longer needed
No advancement
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 16, 2017
Productive Resources excels in placing resources with on site clients. Those clients and the experience gained are invaluable.

There is little interaction with management. Benefits are poor with everything being negotiated. For example if you want vacation its taken out of your hourly rate. I question the accuracy of other reviews since Productive Resources did not offer paid holidays, your PTO is used. PTO is accrued yearly, so year two or even year five you start over on the accrual process. One percent raises tend to occur bi-yearly, raises are not something to expect.

The on-site resources get very little support from management. There are very few advancement opportunities in the company.
Pros
Experience, wages
Cons
Benefits, management
Staff was very helpful
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 15, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Company was very accommodating. They even helped in finding me a place to live when I relocated from Wisconsin.
Pros
Cons
No cons
Great team to work with!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 10, 2016
As a young Mechanical Engineer, I desired experiences and travelling to be a part of my career. I went to PR for all my contracting needs and found satisfaction in each position they were able to offer. Towards the middle of my career, I decided to settle for a longer term direct-hire role and they worked around the clock until they found the perfect match. They are highly dedicated and always willing to go to bat for their employees.
Pros
Personable, Accommodating
Cons
Healthcare
Productive workplace with daily goals to meet.
Drafter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2015
Work would include checking emails, getting onto the web links that tracked work and communicating about tasks needing to be complete. Using NX 7.5 and Team Center to complete jobs along with other systems. Many times you work closely with colleagues to complete deadlines and insure quality. There are many chances to brainstorm and problem solve in this workplace. We have many changes in what needs done and how to do it most effectively.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Not very personal
Great place to work and grow a career
Purchasing Agent/ Human Resource Internship (Former Employee) –  Columbus,INAugust 15, 2012
I truly loved my experience at PR. Great company for anyone getting started with their career. Wish I never left.
Pros
great family friendly culture
Engineering outsource Company
AutoCAD Draftperson/Designer (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisNovember 16, 2011
Great Clients, A company coming back from the economic dowfall.
Great future for current employes, and managment.
Pros
great location, good management, great company policies
Cons
depends on clients software

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Productive Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4