Professional Benefit Administrators Employee Reviews

Supportive and well run workplace
Vice President of Administration and Sales (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FL USADecember 19, 2015
My office working career started at PBA and allowed me the opportunity to learn their company processes while attaining my Bachelors Degree. Over the years I had many mentors in each aspect of the company that prepared me for each advancement. The most important thing I learned was the importance of people, both clients and employees. When we provide the encouragement to succeed in their given role and reward for the best results, everyone wins. I was part of management and enjoyed it all the way until I left for Dunedin, NZ with my wife early December 2015. The entire team and client base was great and the feeling of extended family was strong. This gave the ability to be honest and guide, while avoiding harsh criticisms that tend to set people back more than provide advancement. The hardest part of the job was if an employee or client didn't understand a process and were confused on the direction. By working from the basics and building up, I was able to get them to understand what needed to be done. The most enjoyable part was when the employee or client gave a heartfelt thank you for helping them, and it happened often. You see, when you truly enjoy what you do to make money, you never go to work. My goal is to create that feeling wherever I go and to guide clients and employees to find the best way to provide the best good or service, in the most efficient way and have a great time doing it.
Pros
Incredible support
Cons
Frequent territory reorganization
Nice peaceful place to work. Owners were very involved with employees.
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  ILDecember 10, 2014
A typical day at work would include processing medical, dental, vision and secondary claims including Medicare and answering calls as back up when customer service reps were on lunch/breaks. I constantly learned claims information as it would constantly change and update. The manager was there at all times for support. The hardest part of the job, I can't really think of anything. The most enjoyable part of the job was the lack of stress.
Pros
Good company to work for owned by good people. Good pay and benefits.
Cons
No cons that I can think of
A nice office building
Third Party Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, IllinoisAugust 2, 2014
Starting in the mailroom, I quickly moved up the ladder to Data Entry...then was told I could not become a Claims Adjuster.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Dead end
Overview of the company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 10, 2014
Excellent working environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. I enjoy helping clients understand their medical benefits and understand why they owe the amount on their medical bills. I enjoy working with the other customer service representatives. The hardest part of my job is telling someone a large dollar claim will not be paid due to either an exclusion of the plan or that charges due to an illegal act are not covered.
Pros
Company is extremely supportive of all employees.
Cons
No advancement offered in the company.
Great Atmosphere
Medical Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILNovember 4, 2013
Great place to work for. One of the best ive worked for. Family oriented close nit work place. great business for customers also. PBA makes all its customers feel like they are pat of the family.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
No easy route to Oak Brook
Fun family type of environment
Claims Auditor (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 10, 2013
A typical day at PBA is smooth no stress easy laid back family type of environment. I learned at lot at PBA such as how to process health insurance claims, audit claims, and professionalism. Management there is awesome great very understanding. Co-workers are like family. Very kind polite and happy. Hardest part of PBA is nothing. The company try its best to make it comfortable for there employees. The most enjoyable part of PBA is company outing to bowling, BBQ, picnics, christmas parties, and how very often they treat there employees to lunch, dinner, and surprises us with nice gifts for doing a great job.
Pros
Free lunches and gifts
Cons
Pay rate is extremely low
Good Company to work for
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 22, 2012
I started out in Data Entry dept and was advanced to claims adjuster. With this company if your a hard worker you were rewarded. I learned so much when I was here. Management treated you fairly. Co workers were one of the best bunch around. I can say learning what plans paid at what and pre existing laws for some clients. Always learning and it was casual dress you could wear jeans and gym shoes, shorts. I was a fool for leaving a good company.
Pros
company outings. bowling, great bunch of people.
Cons
health insurance was not that good.