PROFESSIONAL CASE MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very poor company- look elsewhere for employment
Case Manager/ RN (Former Employee) –  IowaJune 30, 2018
No raises, ever. Poor management. They play the game to get department of labor to pay them. You are expected to lie and make up symptoms so the client looks sicker than they really are.
I did love the clients & their families that I had however .
Working as a CM, the paperwork is horrific! Anytime you are dealing with the government, paperwork has to have the T’s crossed and I’s dotted just right.
The majority of the staff (RN’s) have little experience, scary!!
Pros
Very greatful nice clients
Cons
The company and their upper management
this is a very self satisfactory position with an excellent company.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2018
A typical work day is to provide one on one care to the elderly in end stage life process. It is a job that provides a feeling of self satisfaction knowing that you can give one on one care with someone that is no longer able to live at home alone safely. With me being there as well as the many other nurses that provide care the clients are able to live in the comfort of their own home in their end life process. It is also wonderful to meet and make accquaintence with family members who appreciate us so much.
Pros
being able to focus on one persons needs
Cons
feeling the sadness of loss after being so close with the clients.
Horrible local and upper management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNApril 10, 2018
Scheduling is a joke. Rules apply to some but not all. Patient care is not the number one priority, the $ is. They play favorites. It's a good job for a while, a short while.
Pros
Pay is good if you can get hours
Cons
"We don't guarantee full-time hours..." is their motto
Uncertain future
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2018
I was brought on for a two-month project that should have taken much longer. Management constrained the objectives to a very narrow window that was not in keeping with the change management challenges ahead.
Pros
Very good services delivered to their clients, people who had been subjected to negative effects of radioactive bombardment, such as nuclear weapon workers and uranium miners.
Cons
Poor enterprise-wide view of the effects of dramatic change.
Support Coordinator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMarch 4, 2018
Working with this company was a very good time for me I enjoyed working with people with DD/MR, and also staff were very cooperative and out going. I enjoyed working with others.
Pros
helpful and smart people
Cons
extra duty is part of the job, it is at time over working but as a Support Coordinator it is our job to ensure health and safety
Great company to work for, IF they'll actually let you work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 2, 2018
This company is taking in millions of dollars a year thanks to the department of labor (hence the higher paid wages), yet they offer no benefits, no PTO, nothing. They send out the same generic "thanks" email from time to time or a free calender around the holidays, but that's the most gratification you'll see from the company. The company could care less about its employees. We are all just a name on a paycheck to them. During the hiring process, you are filled with promises and lies. And when its all said and done, they will tell you they are a Per Diem company-that you're not guaranteed hours or a paycheck. The money is good if you can actually work to make it, but not worth the frustration in dealing with staffing. I never missed a single shift with my client. After his passing, I have now found myself pretty much jobless. Every shift I have volunteered to work has either gotten no response from the so called staffing coordinators or I'm told I can have the shift just to be told an hour later, oh no someone else already got that shift. I have been more than loyal to this company, but they have really proven how little I as an employee mean to them.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No guarantee that you will be worked, No Benefits, incompetent schedulers, rude staffing personnel
Poor management in Denver
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  LaFollette, TNMarch 1, 2018
The salary is excellent compared to other home health companies in area. There seems to be no benefits of being along time employee with a good work history and ethic. Meaning they have favorites and give nursing shifts to their favorites. They don't care if you had a permanent shift for awhile and client passes on and you are now unemployed. You are put on a waiting list with other nurses and hope they pick you....doesn't matter at all about seniority! Hardly ever respond back to email! Also when they send out email for call off shifts or shifts available for the week for the most part you are not notified if you didn't get the shift. It would be nice if they had a system in place to let you know within timely manner that day so if you didn't get shift you could try to find work somewhere else for the week. They just keep you hangin....not good feeling! Very very unhappy with this company how they manage their long distance employees that have been with them for along time. It just doesn't matter!
Pros
Nice hourly wage
Cons
Not reliable income or steady work. Case managers in Denver not very friendly.
A lot of down time on night shift.
LPN (Current Employee) –  TNJanuary 23, 2018
Great place to work but no benefits like paid sick time or vacation time. But no one has gotten a raise in the 8 years I have worked for them. While on duty you are the only one in charge. If you need someone in an emergency you call the on call charge Nurse.
CNA at Professional Case Management
NURSING ASSISTANT CERTIFIED (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJanuary 23, 2018
Relaxed environment depending on patient, I learned how to communicate well with co-workers. Management is easy going while maintaining professional boundaries. I enjoyed helping the patient have a better quality of life.
ADL's medication administration, going with pt to Dr apt.'s
Staff Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 10, 2017
Doing a full assessment every shift with SOAP notes every 3 hours during shift, helping with ADL's, ensuring quality life is maintained in the home setting.
Pros
Knowing you make a difference
Cons
when doing home care there is not defining break
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2017
Good days working. could of learned more. Management was easy to get along with.Culture was differant. Hardest part was the miles. but the most was the patients.
Pros
Pay
Cons
no breacks
3 year Former Employee
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNNovember 27, 2017
Worse company I’ve ever worked for. Told me I wasn’t allowed to request off for holidays (even though I requested off 2 months in advance) said that I would have to find my own coverage or get marks against you and call off. $6 more dollars on the hour for holidays, who wants to work that? Then no insurance, pto, sick time, raises or vacation pay? Cheap sorry company. They care more about the money than their clients. Not to mention there Management blows with the wind. One day they will state this is a rule for this employee but turn their head on the next day with a different employee. Save yourself space on your resume, this company is a sorry joke.
Pros
Absolutely none, nada, zip, zero
Cons
Bad management, bad company to work for, no recognition, no pay, no insurance. Awful
Good place to work and short commute
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 26, 2017
It is a fulfilling place to work. The work is important and the team members are terrific. You are expected to make many outbound phone calls. Pay is in line with work.
Pros
Wonderful team members
Cons
Really are none
Great place- need benefits!
RN (Current Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 17, 2017
Great mission to take care of people and former workers. I like the ability to be flexible and I really like the clients. They also have a travel program.
Not really impressed
Home Health Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  New MexicoOctober 31, 2017
Poor Management, no benefits, will keep you until you get close to getting insurance then let you go. Seems to be they are interested in the money not the patient.
Good place to work for.
Registered Nurse-Full time (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMOctober 26, 2017
The job provided a comfortable place to work It was flexible with the type of assignment you worked. Their assignments were in client's homes and we were responsible for the well-being of the client. I enjoyed being able to spend one on one time with my client and his family members. The hardest part and the most rewarding part was being on my own. Their case managers were helpful and knowledgeable.
The only thing I was dissatisfied with is that they did not provide good benefits. There was no paid time off and for the seven years I worked for the company I did not get any raises although all my evaluations were excellent.
Pros
Ability to work one on one with client as much was desired by the client, families and yourself.
Cons
No paid time off or raises
Amazing Company
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  TXOctober 19, 2017
I never do reviews, so this is big.
Amazing company to work with. Management is always happy to help. My co-workers are great as well.

Tx area....
Pros
Wage, environment, management, location
Cons
None!!
You can have it your way
LPN (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 13, 2017
Good place to work, flexible hours and management is helpful. There are enough assignments but one may have to be willing to travel for the hours. The pay is satisfactory for the area and maybe a bit higher.
Pros
Flexibility, good pay, training updates
Cons
Hours can be unrealiable, long distance traveling
Relaxed place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOSeptember 12, 2017
Love my job relaxed work environment 12 hour shift 3 days per week perfect. Great company to work for. Great pay client was very easy to work with great job
Not a bad place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNSeptember 11, 2017
PCM has its cons, as does any job, but overall I enjoy working here. Most of the CM's I've come across are very nice and staffing is pleasant as well. Sometimes it can be a pain to get in contact with staffing, especially if your relief is a no call no show, but they do try their hardest to find a replacement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PROFESSIONAL CASE MANAGEMENT. Our community is ready to answer.