Professional Performance Development Group Employee Reviews

Its the benefits that are bad.
Certified Nursing Assistant & Mental Health Tech (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2017
I would not be looking to go anywhere if it were not for the benefits. Upper management changed us from Etna gold to United Health Care. Our deductible went from 750.00 dollars a year to 5,000.00 dollars a year. And we had no say in this at all. Rumor had it that Etna was going to raise rates by 15%. My self and others would have rather paid the 15 percent raise. A typical day at work when working in psych was usually a good day. Now that i am a house sitter that has changed. It can be exhausting some days and others is so very boring. The best part of it all is helping the patients, i get a lot out of helping others.
Pros
The pay.
Cons
Short breaks, and healthcare
Great place to work but management suck
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLSeptember 12, 2018
Working as a contractor with PPDG for US Army reserve. great place to work, because the Job is not that hard, but not enough training, constant changes all the time. Salary cannot be compare to life cost of living.
Contract For Government Services
Mammography Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2014
Overall a productive company to work for. Benefits are included with the job. This job is contracted out which is the only downside because you may not know from year to year whether the job will be available.
Working with the military you will get a diverse group of people to work with and cultures. Management changes frequently because it is a military based facility.
The harderst part of the job is not having an immediate receptionist to handle my administrative duties.
The most enjoyable would be working with a wide variety of cultures.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Only tech, hard to get time off
Wonderful Employer
Event Center Manager (Current Employee) –  San AntonioJuly 17, 2013
I have had the privilege of working for Professional Performance Development for over 7 years. During my time here, I have come to really enjoy the working environment. My co-workers are very pleasant and I report directly to the CEO. I receive adequate direction (not micromanaged whatsoever) and am given the flexibility to accommodate my clients to the best of my ability, while staying within the parameters of company policies and procedures.

I really believe in the mission of the company and that they are looking out for the best interest of their employees. My compensation, benefits and PTO are great and even beyond that, the work-life balance is fantastic. Although advancement opportunities for my position are minimal, they still foster my development with a variety of continuing education classes, workshops and training seminars.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am able to make a difference in people’s lives and I wouldn’t be able to do that with just any employer. Professional Performance is greatly motivated to do right by their employees and share in the fruits of their prosperity.
Pros
Pto, benefits, work enviornment
Don't work here if you have a disability
Specialist (Former Employee) –  San AntonioFebruary 4, 2014
Told the company that I had a disability and would need some accommodation. I was harassed by the President of the company and was fired two days later by Fed Ex.

They can't seem to keep employees. The person hired the same week I was there also left.
Pros
Non
Cons
Management, pay and benefits
This was a very enjoyable & fun place to work place
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXJanuary 14, 2018
A typical day at work I would multi task whether it be screening patient's, returning patient's phone calls, filling out paper work for your assigned provider, getting afternoon procedure clinic ready or helping out the RN in the Treatment room. I learned how to manage my time efficiently, sharpen my customer service skills & learned all the different joint injection procedures. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the patients, providers & the rest of the staff.
Horrible
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2018
Be careful with this company. You can work for them for years but if you get sick or have a disability they will terminate you. They feel no remorse for the time and effort you put forth to do your job.
Pros
Cons
Bad HR dept
unethical
health promotions (Former Employee) –  IdahoDecember 29, 2016
The position at Mt Home AFB is actually 52 miles from Boise (the base sits 11 miles from the edge of Mt Home, Idaho). I should know because I live in Boise and have made the commute for over 10 years.

Recently PPDG was awarded my contract and offered to cut my salary by 25%. When I counter offered, they flatly stated that the offer was all they were prepared to compensate. As a result, I am seeking new opportunities.

After speaking with some other contractors on base, this seems to be PPDG's modus operandi. They under bid and cut salary, which is not a good model for pt continuity of care.

I don't recommend this company to anyone, as they are unethical and don't seem to care about their employees. They likely see all employees as replaceable and believe they can find someone else for cheaper.

Comment – January 2, 2017

In addition, it appears as if PPDG is "scrubbing" these reviews. In other words, not all of these reviews are genuine. Notice how polar the reviews are; for example, they are either rated very high or very low. My best guess is that some of these reviews come from current employees of PPDG that work in their recruiting department. And the lower reviews are from past employees that weren't treated very well.

Poor VP
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2018
Derogatory to employees, rude, unprofessional.

The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving every day. In my time there I saw 13 people leave. The 3 other people that started with me all left within the first 30 days.
Great company!!
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2013
Professional Performance Development Group (PPDG) is a great company to work for! I am a returning employee, during my tenure at PPDG I have been given great opportunities for advancement and growth in my career. I have had the opportunity to work in a great "team" environment where my opinioned is valued. I have always been made to feel that I am an important part of the company mission. This is more than a company to work for, it is more like a family.
Terrific company to work for
Accounting Dept. (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2013
Joining Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. has been one of the best decisions of my life! The company has given me the tools and support I needed to develop in my career. I am so blessed because I have the opportunity to work with experienced and talented people that I call friends. Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. takes care of their employees and I am proud to work for this company.
Pros
Great company, work environment & co-workers
PPDG - A great place to work!
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2014
PPDG is a great place to work! There are numerous opportunities for advancement and the company truly believes in Continuous Process Improvement. Professional Development of staff members is also a priority to the company as well which I find very important.
Pros
Collaborative Teamwork, Professional Development
Cons
None.
Looked forward to each new day as it was different everyday.
Chiropractor Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoy my job as chiropractor assistant as it gave me a different learning experience with co-workers, doctors, military members and most of all patients. Every day was as different as the day before and the next day. Never knowing what would have in store for me. My responsibilities would vary very seldom, but for the majority of the time they remained a consistency. As rotation would take place with the Chiropractor doctors and acupuncture technician we learn to still be a team among the three chiropractor technicians. We worked together in helping each other out even if it was not asked. We knew what was needed for each doctor even though we were not covering for that particular Chiropractor doctor or acupuncture technician. We communicate very well when it came time to having to cover for lunch or having to step out or even being short handed for a day. Being short handed would probably be the most difficult part of this job only because we knew what needed to be done and wanted to get it all done at once.
Pros
The pros about this position would have to be slow days.
Cons
Some of the cons could be having to take PTO on a mandatory basis.
Good communication
mental health technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2017
They had wonderful communication, what they needed from me was always clear and they gave me time to complete what they needed. There was job security to a certain point, and they made sure I was happy with the job and placement.
Pros
Caring staff, good pay
Cons
Short contract term
Self motivated individual, looking for a position where my strengths in working
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Great Lakes Naval Base IllinoisNovember 6, 2012
Front Desk Coordinator
This position is in the Immunizations Department. In this position I am responsible for the processing of on average 800 recruits per day in receiving proper immunizations. I also support the enlisted staff with blood draws, and giving immunizations. Under my direction, I ensure the processes of the clinic are met. Data entry of all labs and ordering of medications. Work on any discrepancies and complete daily check off lists. This is a Federal Government contracted position and Security clearance of Secret was obtained.
Pros
customer service
Cons
distant from home
If you like to be micromanaged by management who is living in the dark ages, this is the place to go.
HR Specialist you are actually a tele recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX Corporate OfficeMay 22, 2013
If you like being squashed like sardines in an 8x8 cube (two people per cube) backed up to other cubes, people talking like you work in a telemarketing facility, and being constantly told the wrong information because departments and people can't communicate, being literally monitored like junior high kids, and working with technology that is outdated and dysfunctional then this is the place for you! Let's not even talk about how you are required to staff three people for one job and are told to be dishonest if they ask when the contract ends. Did I mention the benefits and pay were the worst I have ever seen in 20 years of working? I got out of there as fast as I could. If you are a recent college graduate or if this is your first job you may think all companies run this unprofessionally, they don't, if you are thinking of working there, don't, move on, and for those of you that remember the old 80's management philosophy they still have the old "There is no I in team" poster up, lol, wow, I keep waiting for the Back to the Future car to show up in the parking lot that you are never allowed to park in (at least once or twice a week you have to park on the street for some event they do upstairs). Oh but to make their top down, micromanaging management more appealing you get donuts on Fridays....yippee...these guys won't get a clue so do yourself a favor and keep looking....I guess I am not the only one during my several week stay I learned that the majority of the HR department hadn't been there a year, the HRA walked off the job, the other one quit, who knows what happened  more... to the HR manager her slot was open and while I was there the Business Operations Manager walked off the job....nice place, I enjoyed seeing it in my rearview mirror. But the BEST part was being accused of lying when I was out sick...during a so called retention conversation(their attempt at keeping me when I gave notice was a joke, they couldn't even do that right). I kept waiting for "Punked" to come out and tell me this was all a joke.....my only regret is knowing there are some good coworkers there who have families that can't get out, I lucked out and found a great new job my advice to them, afternoon interviews...there is a better place to work than this.  less
Pros
Donuts...
Cons
Micromanaging, dysfunctional (arrogant) top down managerial style
Supervisory
Social Work Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Missouri USAFebruary 18, 2014
Great agency and population served. Worked a director for groups as well as providing some additional individual caseload management when needed.
Pros
Mission of the Agency
Cons
Budget limits
Good Place to work for!
Psychiatric Technician at Naval Hospital Pensacola (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 2, 2015
The only problem I had working for PPDG was Job Security. It was a contract position and they had not control over length of the job.
A typical day at work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VASeptember 25, 2012
A typical day at work for me would be to arrive at work at 0645 to start my shift at 0700. Calling back my patients and triaging themand engaging in conversations abou their day weekend and children if they have any. Around luch time my co workers are coming around taking luch orders and we sit down and eat lunch together. An ideal work space for me would be a family atmosphere, drama free work space.
Great employers
LVN-contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXJune 18, 2013
The management was so eager to make your job and family involvement priority number one great employer.