Professional Performance Development Group Employee Reviews

Horrible
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2018
Be careful with this company. You can work for them for years but if you get sick or have a disability they will terminate you. They feel no remorse for the time and effort you put forth to do your job.
Pros
Cons
Bad HR dept
Poor VP
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2018
Derogatory to employees, rude, unprofessional.

The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving every day. In my time there I saw 13 people leave. The 3 other people that started with me all left within the first 30 days.
This was a very enjoyable & fun place to work place
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXJanuary 14, 2018
A typical day at work I would multi task whether it be screening patient's, returning patient's phone calls, filling out paper work for your assigned provider, getting afternoon procedure clinic ready or helping out the RN in the Treatment room. I learned how to manage my time efficiently, sharpen my customer service skills & learned all the different joint injection procedures. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the patients, providers & the rest of the staff.
Its the benefits that are bad.
Certified Nursing Assistant & Mental Health Tech (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2017
I would not be looking to go anywhere if it were not for the benefits. Upper management changed us from Etna gold to United Health Care. Our deductible went from 750.00 dollars a year to 5,000.00 dollars a year. And we had no say in this at all. Rumor had it that Etna was going to raise rates by 15%. My self and others would have rather paid the 15 percent raise. A typical day at work when working in psych was usually a good day. Now that i am a house sitter that has changed. It can be exhausting some days and others is so very boring. The best part of it all is helping the patients, i get a lot out of helping others.
Pros
The pay.
Cons
Short breaks, and healthcare
Looked forward to each new day as it was different everyday.
Chiropractor Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoy my job as chiropractor assistant as it gave me a different learning experience with co-workers, doctors, military members and most of all patients. Every day was as different as the day before and the next day. Never knowing what would have in store for me. My responsibilities would vary very seldom, but for the majority of the time they remained a consistency. As rotation would take place with the Chiropractor doctors and acupuncture technician we learn to still be a team among the three chiropractor technicians. We worked together in helping each other out even if it was not asked. We knew what was needed for each doctor even though we were not covering for that particular Chiropractor doctor or acupuncture technician. We communicate very well when it came time to having to cover for lunch or having to step out or even being short handed for a day. Being short handed would probably be the most difficult part of this job only because we knew what needed to be done and wanted to get it all done at once.
Pros
The pros about this position would have to be slow days.
Cons
Some of the cons could be having to take PTO on a mandatory basis.
Good communication
mental health technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2017
They had wonderful communication, what they needed from me was always clear and they gave me time to complete what they needed. There was job security to a certain point, and they made sure I was happy with the job and placement.
Pros
Caring staff, good pay
Cons
Short contract term
unethical
health promotions (Former Employee) –  IdahoDecember 29, 2016
The position at Mt Home AFB is actually 52 miles from Boise (the base sits 11 miles from the edge of Mt Home, Idaho). I should know because I live in Boise and have made the commute for over 10 years.

Recently PPDG was awarded my contract and offered to cut my salary by 25%. When I counter offered, they flatly stated that the offer was all they were prepared to compensate. As a result, I am seeking new opportunities.

After speaking with some other contractors on base, this seems to be PPDG's modus operandi. They under bid and cut salary, which is not a good model for pt continuity of care.

I don't recommend this company to anyone, as they are unethical and don't seem to care about their employees. They likely see all employees as replaceable and believe they can find someone else for cheaper.

Comment – January 2, 2017

In addition, it appears as if PPDG is "scrubbing" these reviews. In other words, not all of these reviews are genuine. Notice how polar the reviews are; for example, they are either rated very high or very low. My best guess is that some of these reviews come from current employees of PPDG that work in their recruiting department. And the lower reviews are from past employees that weren't treated very well.

productive company
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Working for PPDG was a good opportunity for a recently discharged veteran to get a job on a military base as a civilian to continue to serve
Great place to work.
Full-time 40 (Current Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXDecember 8, 2015
I love working where I do, PPDG is a wonderful company that allows you to grow in your field. They do not MICRO manage. The main office team is helpful and quick to respond.
Lvn
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE, SAMMC (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasSeptember 4, 2015
I worked as a contract nurse for PPDG on a Medical- Surgical Unit. My experience with this company was overall a good one, although HR staff changes often and their communication is not the greatest. My time at SAMMC was wonderful. I enjoyed most of my shifts and I know that I handled my job professionally with compassionate care.
Cna
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work and I learned a lot while I was employed there. Just had to move on to bigger and better things.
Bottom Line
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Naval Health ClinicJune 20, 2015
Things change constantly. Pay rate gets dropped or you are enrolled in IRA plan you don't want but have no choice in. No one gives you real answers. Everyone is Spanish speaking so the language barrier is a negative element. Also very unempathetic to employees needs or feelings. They have no clue how things work where you are but want to try to manage you as if they know what's going on.
Pros
Cons
Pay not equitable to your location and is based off locality pay in Texas
Room for Advancement
Director of Contract Operations (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2015
After six months as the Contract Compliance Officer, I was promoted to Director of Contract Operations. My position was deleted as a result of downsizing of the company.
Expectations
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  78240April 25, 2015
I enjoyed the government aspect being retired military myself. Expectations were sometimes unrealistic but I obviously goals must be met.
Pros
Being around retired military
Cons
Goals were tough at times
Good Place to work for!
Psychiatric Technician at Naval Hospital Pensacola (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 2, 2015
The only problem I had working for PPDG was Job Security. It was a contract position and they had not control over length of the job.
PPDG - A great place to work!
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2014
PPDG is a great place to work! There are numerous opportunities for advancement and the company truly believes in Continuous Process Improvement. Professional Development of staff members is also a priority to the company as well which I find very important.
Pros
Collaborative Teamwork, Professional Development
Cons
None.
wonderful !!
Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Direct patient care in a clinical setting at a military facility.
Pros
income and federal holidays
Cons
military
Staffing agency for US government
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes IllinoisApril 18, 2014
beware of new policies/ changes to existing policies. they tend to effect their staff negitavle.
Wow!
Staffing Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2014
This company is excellent all around. Great place to work in an enviroment that is going to use all of a nurses skills whether in a hospital or clinic setting.
Contract For Government Services
Mammography Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2014
Overall a productive company to work for. Benefits are included with the job. This job is contracted out which is the only downside because you may not know from year to year whether the job will be available.
Working with the military you will get a diverse group of people to work with and cultures. Management changes frequently because it is a military based facility.
The harderst part of the job is not having an immediate receptionist to handle my administrative duties.
The most enjoyable would be working with a wide variety of cultures.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Only tech, hard to get time off