Professional Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Professional workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
I must professional PT was a very easy going job. the company and staff were great .Only problem is their payrate. I learned to verify health insurance but the micro managing was horrible
Underpaid and over worked
Administrative Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 2, 2018
I worked at this company for a little over a year, I did my job as well as my managers job. I worked overtime almost everyday in order to make ends meet. Management and some staff were very unprofessional and cutthroat it was an uncomfortable enviornemtn
Pros
overtime, sick time vacation time and PTO were all separate which was very helpful.
Cons
over worked. long hours
Be careful to believe what upper management " promises"
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2018
Upper management is condescending and treats staff like naughty children if the numbers are not what is expected. No regard for work life balance and it is expected that you many extra hours without pay.
In addition, upper management often promised advancement when in fact there is no where to advance to!
Current cuts in support staff causes the clinical staff to have to step in to perform administrative tasks that takes you away from what is important or is supposed to be important: patient care
Pros
Educational opportunities
Cons
Many!: low salaries, upper management bait and switch tactics : long work hours without breaks to eat.
Overworked and Underpaid
PT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2018
Most often the clinical directors aren't even the clinical directors because they are controlled by the regional directors. A lot of the clinical directors lack experience of being a clinical director. They only care about numbers, restrict aide hours, restrict front desk hours, so it puts more of a burden on the PT. Expect you to go to events that you would have to travel far to get to. They even make some employees pay at company events. Not a great company to work for.
Cons
patient overload, little compensation
Easily one of the worst places I've worked
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  NJJune 20, 2018
I'm not sure if I can blame professional. It seems like the entire healthcare industry is moving to some terrible place (it's all about quantity and not quality, despite what upper management preaches).
Stay away from this company
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 15, 2018
Miserable place to work
Management preaches customer service and patient experience yet cuts support staff and are all about the bottom line
Management treats you like children with condescending and obnoxious emails that they think are motivating
Overworked and Underpaid
Big Brother is always watching
Cannot trust anyone
A friendly environment with a helpful work staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYJune 6, 2018
I interned at Professional Physical Therapy for about a month and a half. I would go in a few times a week for 3 or 4 days of the week. I would help the patients with their exercises and with using the equipment. I made them hot and cold packs and then I would clean the station they were using when they left. I loved the staff and the closeness they had with their patients. I became friends with some of the patients and with the staff so it was difficult to leave them to go back to school.
Fulfilling Job
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merrick, NYJune 3, 2018
Overall, Professional Physical Therapy was a good and fulfilling job where I got to help patients heal, recover and get better from injuries by stretching and aiding them in their therapy, however it just wasn't the job for me.
Pros
Nice Patients
Cons
No Breaks
Good job for learning and working with different patients.
Medical Receptionist / Aide (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 29, 2018
I learned a lot at this job and was my first job in physical therapy as a technician working with different patients, modalities, exercises, and front desk help. Sadly, unable to get benefits and no raise for four years.
Pros
Good learning opportunity
Cons
Low pay, low hours, no benefits
Great place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Township of Randolph, NJMay 27, 2018
The people there were so nice and they all helped me really grasp what a Physical therapist has to do in order to be successful in their field. Also they were very helpful with everything
Family Oriented Company with Down side of Low Wages
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nassau County, NYApril 19, 2018
Family oriented environment, with extensive room for promotion. Expectation to make work priority on and off job, with little compensation. Upper management is often less organized than lower management, and a lot is expected of lower management. Worth it to work here if you do not have much of a social life and are looking to make new friends and be apart of a team environment.
If you are looking to make a salary which is standard for your position in current times, I would not recommend working here. There is constant promise that if you work hard enough you will make a large amount of money, however it comes at a cost.
Lavish and over the top company parties, however it does not make up for the low salary employees are given.
Pros
free lunches, family like environment, lavish parties, room for advancement
Cons
Low wages, expensive health insurance, high amounts of stress, expectation to cover at other locations, many power hungry employees
"Run forest Run"
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 11, 2018
Worked for this company for 3 years. When i say worked i mean work. Once they see you have potential they will use and take advantage of you. You will work atleast 3 peoples titles in one with no extra pay. Promises of promotion but no promotion. They use that to keep you around. Theyre very inconsiderate about time off and no regards for family emergencies . I would tell anybody to run if they call you for an interview.
Pros
Great and fun co workers, Enjoyed taking care of the patients.
Cons
anything extra that you do for them. Worse company ever be warned.
Good place to start
Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYMarch 28, 2018
Decent place to start working but with the low salary and ever growing company that is trying to maintain a mom and pop feel the amount of work you end up doing is no the same work you are hired for.
Healthy work environment
Physical therapist aide (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 15, 2018
I really enjoy working with the people that are there. They are really helpful and they don't make work stressful even when it's really busy. The patients are also great to work with.
Pros
Employees
I didnt like it.
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 3, 2018
the people you work with made work that much harder. I didnt fit in with their "click" so I worked harder to do tasks that wouldve been easier with a better crew.
run away from this company, do not make them money
physical therapist (Current Employee) –  Midtown New York, NYFebruary 26, 2018
run away from this company as an employee and as a patient, they DO NOT have aides to help physical therapists 60% of the time and when they do they are completely incompetent. They have faith in their system of turning over employees until someone sticks with the absurdly low salary.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no lunch break as a physical therapist, shove food in your mouth in between sentences.
productive and learned many new things.
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NY 11023February 10, 2018
I was always busy. it was a quick-pasted job. learned many new medical vocabulary. The workers and manager at the company were always so nice and patient.
Fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Whitestone, NYFebruary 5, 2018
I've been with the company for 17 years. Professional has always been good to me. Fun place to work. You're offered great benefits, pto, and fun employee outings. I've learned a lot working for such a driven company. It's a lot to do so come prepared to work. But with Professional PT you work hard and play hard.
Pros
Paid lunches and you're offered a paid day off to volunteer once a year
Cons
Relocated to Melville
PT aide
Physical Therapist Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
good place to work, really big company. It is a good place to work for because it is a big company and will work for them if I was in Physical Therapy. I met a lot of wonderful people
Not Worth It
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2018
I have been working with Professional Physical Therapy for a little over a year and it is not as Professional as the company's name.
The only reason I have stayed with the company for as long as I have is because of the few great people I work with at my location that makes the day a little easier and because it hasn't been easy finding another job in general. The company as a whole does not care about the well being of their staff. Every location is understaffed and overworked.
The front desk at every location is constantly disrespected by the patients and told by the higher ups to "Deal with it and grow thicker skin. Just tolerate the patients belittling you and make sure to tolerate it with a genuine smile" At some locations the therapists are also disrespectful to the front desk.
The therapists are pressured to see 20 or more patients in a 6-7 hour time span. Majority of the patients do not get the one on one time that they deserve due to the therapist having to juggle multiple patients at once. It's about quantity and not quality.
The facilities are constantly compared to a factory due to the high volume of people. Management has a heart attack when a certain amount of patients cancel their appointments. They will send out threatening emails stating "Your location will be written up if people continue to cancel." The company only cares about numbers and which location sees the most patients and not how many patients are successfully treated.
The staff is constantly being shifted around from location to location without being asked if it is okay or how their commute
  more... will be to work. There are many new locations opening up but not enough staff because it is a revolving door; people are constantly leaving due to the sweat shop conditions ( Low pay and overworked)  less
Pros
Free lunch at staff meetings and health benefits.
Cons
low pay, overworked, inconsistent, unprofessional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Professional Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight