Professional Physical Therapy Culture reviews

Not as great as they make it sound.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 13, 2019
This company is all about the profit, visits, reviews, surveys, etc. They will work you to the ground with very little pay. Aides and receptionists are cross-trained to do each other's jobs but what ends up happening is they will understaff their offices and expect an aide or receptionist to do both jobs for the same pay. Aides are only hired as part-time so that the company does not have to offer them benefits but will use them as receptionists and have them work outside of their scope of practice, at least in the state of NJ. Most offices only have one receptionist who is in charge of everything admin related. There is no supervisor or manager on site that can help if you have a question or if there is an issue. They have to be reached via email, IM, or phone. It's pretty sad because the Clinical directors, who are in charge of the clinic, will just dump everything on the receptionist because half the time they don't know what to do outside of clinical work. All of this for $12/hour for a receptionist or less if you are an aide.

There is low morale within this company and work culture is nonexistent. Even therapists have complained about how much stress they are under because they expect that therapists jam pack their schedules and see as many patients as possible to maximize their profits. They will sacrifice good patient care for profit. Bonuses for therapists are based on how many visits they see.

Therapists are CONSTANTLY being moved from office to office. They will tell you one thing when hired but will move you around to different offices as they see fit and will
  more... change your schedule whenever they feel like it.

In all honesty, I would stay away from this company, it's just not worth it. But at least the benefits are somewhat decent.
Best job I've ever had
Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 9, 2019
My experience with Professional Physical Therapy (Auth Dept.) was great. The management team really worked with everyone daily to ensure productivity. The atmosphere in the building was peaceful and relaxed.
If not for my own personal reasons, I would have definitely continued to work there.
Pros
Great atmosphere, Management was helpful
Cons
Changed lunch to half an hour
A fun place to work with great employees and great patients
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2019
A typical day would include reviewing PT's schedules to plan out the day, making sure all PT's were comfortable treating any difficult cases, and making sure there were no insurance/billing issues, or patient complaints/inquiries.

The culture was keeping everything fun and lighthearted and keeping everything about the patient. That is really what makes everything the most enjoyable part of the job - helping other people.

The hardest part of the job was knowing and realizing that it's okay to ask for help when you need it. Even the best managers struggle on their best days, and asking for help is in no way a sign of weakness, it is a sign that you are a team player, and you will get through the day with your team together.
Independent position
Full-Time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAJune 28, 2019
This position is a highly independent receptionist/office manager job. Typical 9-5 hours with 40 hours allowed, pay is competitive for this area. Wish I could have stayed at this location.
Friendly and Caring Enviroment
Intern (Current Employee) –  River Edge, NJMay 29, 2019
I loved interning here! My mentor was very friendly and tried to teach me about everything as much as possible, and everyone who works there truly cares about their patients.
Productive and exciting place to work
Exercise technician (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MANovember 17, 2018
Company culture here is excellent, the patients that you treat and work with on a daily basis here are great, a typical day requires that you aide the physical therapists and physical therapist assistants with patient care and clinic management of items/supplies/laundry, definitely a place I recommend to work at.
fast paced fun work place
Physical Therapist Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 25, 2018
gym environment with patients working out and stretching. its very active environment with no time to sit with constant moving. you will learn the basic physiological movements and exercises.
productive and learned many new things.
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NY 11023February 10, 2018
I was always busy. it was a quick-pasted job. learned many new medical vocabulary. The workers and manager at the company were always so nice and patient.
Great Place To Work
Data Entry/File Clerk (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJDecember 11, 2017
Great Environment with awesome people to work with everyone is very friendly and understanding. Management is so down to earth he does not give you a hard time at all.
Productive and kind work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2017
I worked at a few locations and they were all very productive, well organized and friendly work environments. The managers were helpful with any questions or concerns, and were very well with training. The most enjoyable part was being able to interact and help with patients.
Getting there
INSURANCE AUTHORIZATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Authorization SpecialistDecember 2, 2017
Loved what I do, management was off a bit but good place to get your feet through the door. Great people to work with and awesome parties. Great place to learn as well- just took a toll on me.
Excellent Place to Work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYAugust 31, 2017
I've had a great experience working for Professional Physical Therapy. I have been mentored by many members of management which has allowed me to improve my patient care and leadership skills. I would recommend this job to any of my friends. Excellent atmosphere. Top notch management. Great place to work.
Company Motto - Work Hard, Play Hard
Physical Therapist, Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2017
If you are a new physical therapist and want to devote a few years to your job and gaining experience, this is the place for you. If you prefer one on one treatments and want to have a healthy work/life balance, then this place is not for you. There are a lot of opportunities in this company if you go to their events and are competitive. It can be a great place to learn and grow as a physical therapist. It also taught me a lot about teamwork within the orthopedic PT world, but I prefer more time with each patient.
Pros
Free events and Continuing education, excellent benefits
Cons
Poor work/life balance, very competitive, expecting you to see 15-20 patients per day
Family style working environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Merrick, NYJuly 1, 2017
Everyone is so friendly and I have become close with my team. The most important thing was efficient teamwork. There is definitely room for advancement within the company.
Pros
Free office lunch for staff meetings and health care
Cons
rude customers
Efficient
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
Very busy a typical day comprises of 8 patients. Treating patients is great but with documentation and other healthcare politics it can become a difficult.
Pros
In the village
Cons
No time to explore the village
very busy place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Whitestone, NY 11357May 3, 2017
very busy location . always something to do . the most i enjoyed was helping out the patients . the work you do everyday doesn't add up with how much you are making which is a downer because its a great place just company inst good with their employees
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
dont pay enough
Productive work environment
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day at work includes getting patients through their prescribed workouts. I have learned all of the exercises included on their charts and how to administer them. The workplace environment is fun and enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing your patients recover.
fast past excellent staff
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYJanuary 25, 2017
No real job description, employees did everything.
Management was lazy.
Fun environment to work in, the therapist where passonate about their work.
Hardest part of the job was not
Pros
cross training
Cons
salary
Nice
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 25, 2016
Nice Company.m i love the way they have it organized and spacious. alot of work but its possible to keep it i love it here
we have so many location and so many checks to deposit.
Productive and fun place to work
Physical Therapists Aide (Former Employee) –  14 Wall StNovember 11, 2015
its a fun place to work in. you have the opportunity to learn so much and meet new people every day. Working there has helped prepared me to work effeciently anywhere else.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
standing most of the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Professional Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight