Professional Research Consultants, Inc

Professional Research Consultants, Inc Employee Reviews

Professional Research Consultants, Inc insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Relaxing Place to Work

Featured review

Professional Research Consultants, Inc selected this as a representative review
Never in my life would I have figured I would enjoy being on the phone talking to people,but here I am. The best thing about this job is that you aren't selling anything ever. The management is great. Very personable for a job you are doing by yourself. When you get reviews they go over them with you. There is always a smiling face and they truly care about there employees here. They have a motto that family first and are really willing to work with any situation if you let them know in advance.

Pros

Friendly

February 20, 2020
Thank you, I do believe you made us blush! We strive for a workplace that is excellent, valuing each and every person. We truly appreciate your kind words and will continue our efforts in maintaining a flexible friendly environment.

Best people ever

I've held many jobs in my life but PRC is by far the best for the interpersonal environment. ALL of the managers and supervisors were kind, encouraging and friendly.I only gave it 4 stars because I feel their pay is too low, especially for part-time.I was treated fairly there but once Covid-19 numbers went down the work they do is mind numbingly boring. I finally left to try to get a job doing the Contact Tracing I signed up for at PRC.

Pros

Flexible schedules.

Cons

Intolerant leave policy.⁰

September 21, 2021
We appreciate our team very much. As well as our supportive and kind environment. Thank you for your review!

Flexible side job

Hired as a contact tracer and liked what I was doing then got transferred to do patient surveys which I hated because I didn't like to be in a position where people think I am a scammer and the job was very repetitive which got boring.

Pros

Remote, benefits, training was great, Flexible part time hours

Cons

Repetitive, lots of hang ups, not much job opportunities for part time, some of the survey questions

September 21, 2021
Thank you for your review. PRC strives for excellence in healthcare via high-quality research.

Save yourself some time and avoid this Toxic company

When i started working for this company I was hired as a "Contact Tracer" everything was perfect until they switched position without any notice to make dreadful phone surveys. These surveys ask very intimate questions which i myself would not even answer ! You can make over 300 calls per day & it is still not enough for them "Not meeting expectations". they will try to blame your internet connection when it is their own softwares causing the problems in which they will never admit. Management will give you a different answer for questions you might have. So these people had the audacity to say there is "No connection" anymore in which i requested for HR to personally contact to have a talk regarding my job position, HR will contact you with a private phone number which it was very suspicious and did not have a good feeling about it, they decide there is not another area for me to be assigned, i asked for an email to have proof to keep in record of the conversation we had regarding my job status and they quickly said everything we discussed will be only through phone only, no emails ! . Later on i find out i was supposedly "FIRED" for a "NO CALL NO SHOW" when it was them stating they didn't have any position to be assigned. So my advice, is to save yourself some time & find a better company who would appreciate you.

Pros

Cons

No breaks, Software Issues, ungrateful and lying management

September 21, 2021
Thank you for leaving your feedback about Professional Research Consultants.

Great part time working opportunity with work schedule flexibility.

In the 4 years I have worked at PRC, due to COVID concerns, we moved from a doing telephone interviews on site, to primarily working remotely. In dealing with Nebraska winter weather, this was a God send. The atmosphere on site is supportive, and it carried over to working remotely. As I waited till late Fall last year to transition to working at home, the kinks had been worked out and the transition was fairly easy. Especially as the company provided a laptop, headset, mouse and related equipment. With my years of telephone interviewing, working from home runs fairly smoothly. In a typical day I set up my worksite, review my emails a./nd plug into the system to make my calls.

Pros

Choice or full or part time employment. Work schedule flexibility.

Cons

I think working remotely would be challenging to person new to this type of work.

September 21, 2021
Thank you for your 5-star review! The last year and a half sure has brought on some changes, hasn’t it. We were excited to remain flexible and keep our team together, furthering our reach for excellence in healthcare. Thank you for your contribution to our passion!

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Good place to work for but don’t have much sympathy for parents who can’t afford childcare

I loved the work environment, the pay, the ability to switch shifts if needed, the pto, pretty much everything about the job except the fact that they had little to no sympathy that I had just had my baby and was unable to take maternity leave because it was unpaid so I continued to work. But with a baby comes distraction, obviously, especially when you don’t have help at home. It cause my productivity to lower by 30%, They did give me a single warning but despite that I was able to make progress and was 10-20% away from my productivity goals it was enough for them to fire me in the middle of my shift. There is no job security with this company unfortunately because they really don’t have sympathy for those with living conditions that make it a bit difficult for them.

Pros

Pay, pto, paid holiday, great hours

Cons

No sympathy for different living situations of parents

September 21, 2021
We appreciate the time you took to leave a review about Professional Research Consultants.

Management at PRC is a Nightmare

Honestly, I did not have high expectations of PRC. The interview "process" basically affirmed that they were only looking for warm bodies to fill seats (either remotely or on-site). This was further reinforced by the low pay and what little interaction there was with the other new hires during training.The company's culture seemed to be about average. It was a "dynamic" and "exciting" work environment that delivered on neither, but in the usual ways that a cubicle farm does (except we were working remotely at this point.You are regularly assigned new products to hawk; you are not given any choice, any increase in pay, or any increase in status. And it's not just a new product along the same lines as what you were doing. I (and most everyone else) was pulled into making cold calls for PRC despite being hired to do Contact Tracing. The "customers" are beyond awful, if you can ever get them on the phone that is. And despite spending all day on the phones I was regularly blamed for failing to meet satisfactory work standards - more on that later though.Training (after initial training) is terrible. You are given CBTs to watch and then turned loose with new software and a new interface. You receive zero support from management or anyone. I had some issue where my phone kept hanging up on customers - not my fault - that nobody told me about until it had happened enough times to counsel me over it. I was not given any help to fix it, just blamed and "demoted" back to contact tracing, which I didn't fight because that was what I wanted anyways.Management was abysmal. -

Pros

Literally anyone with a pulse and the ability to read can do this job

Cons

Everything else about PRC, the mind numbing nature of the work

September 21, 2021
Thank you for leaving your review about Professional Research Consultants.

Bilingual interviewer

Flexible if you are part time. Easy make up days and call off procedure. You’re calling people who went to the dr and asking questions about how it went. It’s tedious and repetitive. Management kinda sucks. Little to no room for advancement and within the last year their benefits have gotten worse. Ok for a second job

Pros

Flexible for part time

Cons

Pay, benefits

September 21, 2021
Thank you for submitting a review about Professional Research Consultants.

Be prepared to make more than 100 calls a day.

I started with this company doing contact tracing then ended up doing patient surveys. Training was ok and was pretty much timed according to their guidelines. Just like everything else you do there everything is timed. They expect you to work like a robot and only give yourself 5 min breaks every hour. There’s no “lunch break” and you constantly get monitored. Management seems nice and understanding but at the end of the day they pretty much make you feel like you’re in the wrong all the time. There’s no consideration for mental health here. Respondents pretty much treat you however they want and all management says it’s just part of the job. They pretty much want you to beg for surveys. This job is ok for extra cash but I wouldn’t expect a career out of it. I’d rather go work at my local grocery store where I can deal with less verbal abuse and get paid more.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

No breaks, not enough pay, not enough time to learn new material

September 21, 2021
Thank you for the time you took to submit a review about your PRC experience.

Most people are fine due to the lack of interpersonal interactions besides the call, but the job is incredibly mind-numbing

I asked them if they could change my name on the company portal (I am trans) or at least to not put my deadname up on the 'Hall of Fame' when I get complimented by a person I called and one of my supervisors told me that the former would be "a waste of time" but they would write a note for the latter. It still showed up semi-regularly. Besides that, the supervisors are fine: they mostly leave you alone. I worked there in 2019, and you got a 5-min break for every hour worked, so there is very little interaction that actually occurs between you and your coworkers. You don't make really make friends at this workplace in this position, you just get people yelling at you over the phone for cold calling them.

Pros

training was decent

Cons

lonely workplace, job is mind-numbingly boring

June 16, 2021
Thank you for the time you took to leave a review. We strive for excellence and, as such, we review all entries for constructive feedback and action items.

Jobs at Professional Research Consultants, Inc

See more jobs

Dont work here

Hired to do contact tracing, but all you end up doing is hospital surveys. During training you will have no support, or direction. Told to "review materials" when offered very few calls to make and not given details on how many surveys to complete or calls to make, but then told you don't make quota because they don't have hrs for you. These are cold calls and you get hung up on, swore at and told to "get a real job" " go kill yourself" and the supervisors think this is funny and all part of the job. They have no respect for mental health or any other disabilities. They are constantly having service issues and let the employees think it is their systems even though several will be having the same connection issues at the same time. Constantly being trained on different surveys with no pay increase or opportunity to advance. You are not asked , just given 5 or 6 different survey types to do all with different guidelines. You get told AFTER doing things wrong on survey for several times. No help while training for them.

Pros

A lot of downtime during training and during contact tracing

Cons

No support, direction, or respect

June 16, 2021
Thank you very much for your review. We strive for excellence and, as such, we review all entries for constructive feedback and action items.

A decent place to work.

Remote: I needed this job bc my family was social distancing. I was initially hired to do COVID tracing, but it turned into doing surveys. I didn't mind. There was one trainer who confused things in training and was kind of flippant, but I have never had contact with him again. Aside from that, they're really good at helping you understand what is going on. They check in on you frequently so you don't feel like you're floating alone. They do reviews of your work, which is helpful. Basically, clock in on time, do your work, don't go MIA, and clock out on time. However, don't expect to feel like you accomplished something at the end of the day. I kind of feel like an expendable cog in a wheel. I need extra money right now. This is good for that.

Pros

Management is very nice, and helpful. Allows for a good work home life balance.

Cons

Extremely low pay, no incentive to complete a survey because they don't pay you for them, they benefit from completed surveyes and not the employee, if someone hangs up on me I couldn't care less.

June 16, 2021
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your thoughts and will ensure we keep a strong focus on being a part of the team, a team that contributes to excellence in healthcare.

Everyone I speak with in the company is very nice and sounds like they love their job!

I would encourage anyone to apply to work here! This is the first job that allows me to train and work on my own without having someone looking over my shoulder. Yet, if I need assistance at any time, I can get it within a moment’s notice! Everyone I have had the honor of meeting, at this company, is very professional!

Pros

As long as you communicate with management about needing time off, they work with you.

June 16, 2021
5-star review, thank you! We place a lot of importance on our people and maintaining a casual, fun, professional atmosphere.

Good work life balance and very understanding management

You’re just doing different types of surveys all day over the phone nothing else. The people who answer are rude and always think you’re selling something so if you have a lot of patience and can handle very rude people then this job is for you. Lots of unnecessary surveys to do, complete a lot of training for the unnecessary surveys, and have to maintain a high number of surveys every day. They track every single call you make and know if you’re lacking in surveys. Part time employees have to work weekends. Covid-19 contact tracer position was amazing just did not like that was forced to do surveys after only being a contact tracer for a couple of weeks. Management is great and understanding but can take a while to answer emails. They do weekly/monthly check ins to see how you’re doing on surveys. Have to read off a script verbatim and can’t go off script for the surveys or you will be in trouble. If you have to miss a day of work you are required to make those hours up another day, you cannot just call in and miss those hours of work. Get paid every two weeks. Very boring but very easy job that requires lots of patience.

Pros

Many over time chances available. Paid holidays. Easy schedule.

Cons

Short breaks. Required to make missed hours up.

Working Remotely

Working remotely is just about the only good part of this job. Management will switch you between jobs frequently it's like whip-lash. They'll want you to work on helplines or contact tracing and then once the numbers die down, they switch you on to cold calling patients to ask about their "satisfaction" with their doctors visits. Often times, people are reluctant to talk to you and there's a big push from management to get unrealistic number of completed interviews in a short period of time. The pay is subpar for the amount of pressure they put employees through. They don't care about individual employees and their well-being, employees are essentially a number to them.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Pay rates, unstable job tasks

June 16, 2021
Thank you for your review. We strive for excellence and, as such, we review all entries for constructive feedback and action items.

Good for part time, gets boring fast

Started out fine but got boring very quickly. I never felt like I knew any of my coworkers because the work was so independent; the only time I really spoke one on one with anyone was with the supervisors, tech support, or later on when I took on a training position. Every shift is almost the exact same, so be ready for a pretty strict routine. There is the possibility to move up in the ranks and get raises if you work hard and are good at your job!

Pros

work from home

Cons

repetitive

June 16, 2021
Thank you for leaving a review of your experience with Professional Research Consultants.

productive and supportive company

Working here, I feel like I have the support from everyone that works there, supervisors are down to earth and supportive on every aspect. whoever you ask if you have a question or problem, they are fast to respond in a friendly and compassionate way. this a family owned company and I think because of that they understand that we have families and a life. they are very comprehensive. and fair.

Pros

remote work available, benefits, supportive and flexible

Cons

repetitive work

Flexibility

Flexible hours, can make up missed time.. good benefits, great understandable leads, helpful staff and very kind always. Accrued vacation time and PTO

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Connection issues

June 16, 2021
Thank you kindly for your 5-star review of your experience with Professional Research Consultants!

Good place to work. I enjoy working from home. I like that I can make my own hours. The staff is always helpful and caring. If your looking for a great company to work from home.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Hours

Enjoyed the work, but felt expendable

Really flexible job and I enjoyed what I did but got laid off all of a sudden unexpectedly with no warning and was under the assumption at the beginning of my job that if my role slowly diminished I would be transitioned into a different role in the company so my job would be secure. Unfortunately that was exactly opposite of what happened

Pros

Flexible schedule, work from home

Cons

Security of my position

April 19, 2021
Thank you for submitting feedback. We appreciate the time you took to complete it.

Good company, flexible schedule

Working from home for PRC has been a positive experience so far! The pay seems fair. You are allowed to make your own schedule whether that be full time or part time. PTO and benefits are great too! I could see room for advancement in the future.

Pros

Flexible schedule, Pto

Cons

Not much feedback or support from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Professional Research Consultants, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight