PROFESSIONAL SERVICES GROUP Employee Reviews

Great opportunity
Supervised visitation worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 7, 2019
Requires every weekend would be much better if you had option of every other weekend. Too many cancellations of visits and no compensation for cancelled visits.
Work Schedules
Supervised Visitation Worker (PT) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 21, 2019
PSG was very good about flex scheduling you could work as many hours as they needed you. The had a diverse staff that accommodated you. They really know how to match the customers with the right employee.
Fast Paced
Supervised Visitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 4, 2019
I enjoy a fast paced environment. The manager stands behind the worker. Communication is ok not the greatest but it is always improving. A good company that has employees always willing to answer questions.
Pros
Wonderful management
Cons
Every other weekend is busy
Filler position
Supervised Visitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 28, 2018
If you would enjoy a job that just brings in extra money, this is the job for you. I enjoyed it for many years however with school it became a lot. I would work there again
Pros
travel paid mileage
Cons
horrible clients
Great experience for grads
Supervised Visitation Worker (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WINovember 27, 2018
I loved the flexibility working here. I got to travel extensively as I did most visits in the home and community. This was a plus as I had just moved to Milwaukee and needed to get to know its resources. I learned a lot about the child welfare/CPS field. You get to make your own schedule. I got to work with a few other workers who became lifelong friends. It gave me a foot in the door to my social work career.
Pros
Flexible, full caseload
Cons
No benefits 37.5 hours max
Profesional Services Group
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 12, 2018
Good place for learning experiences. Management needs a lot of work. Fast paced environment. Employees are helpful and welcoming. Overall an okay place to work.
Cons outweigh the pros
In-home therapist (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIAugust 17, 2018
The workload and all it involves requires more than the 40 hours allotted for the work week. It is expected that the work be completed without overtime unless given permission and the salary is not commensurate with the amount of work required. Supervision- criticisms come easy, compliments are few and far between, even when going the extra mile.
Cons
Very large workload, must be completed weekly, and overtime needs approval. The caseload and all it entails is not commensurate with the pay.
Cultural bias
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 28, 2018
If you are looking for a job right out of college, then this is the place for you. Pay is not as good, but you will get experience working with individuals with serve emotional disabilities. Management is horrible, they don't know how to talk to their coworkers, cultural bias, makes rules as they go, has favorites, and picks. Management is not very approachable and very condescending. Management are colonizers and very unprofessional. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
able to help adolescents
Cons
unprofessional supervisors
Great agency to work for if it is your first opportunity after graduating college
KINSHIP CARE ASSESSOR (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 8, 2018
This company is great of a person who is a recent graduate and who wants experience in the human services field. The pay isn't great, but the comrardary is great.
Pros
good family and team oriented agency
Cons
Pay, safety
Great place to start out
Parent Mentor (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 6, 2018
PSG will take you fresh out of college with no experience. They will help you learn the skills so that you can become the case manager you want to be. They taught me some very good safety skills to watch out for when in homes alone with clients that a lot of employers have never shown me. I am greatful for the training I received there.
Pros
Trained me right out of college
Cons
Starting pay was low when I was there
It was a temporary position a part of NJ State Unemployment Services.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJJune 2, 2018
It was a good group and we all helped each other to obtain permanent positions. The support was excellent and good to have while I was unemployed.
It was a great group and I enjoyed my time being there while looking for employment.
Pros
It was good prepartion for finding a new position.
Cons
No cons
Productive Workplace
Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIMay 24, 2018
This is a great place to work due to the support of supervisors and colleagues. Their is flexibility in schedules to accommodate clients and therapists needs,
No Support
Supervised Visitation Worker (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIMay 21, 2018
All of the supervisors are part time so remembering who you need to call on what day makes finding appropriate support challenging. There's no real communication among your peers unless theres more than two children at a visit. Paid travel time is often questioned by billing which can be frustrating. The job is flexible though but if a case is removed from your load, it takes a long time to get a new case, if you ever get one at all. There are always visits to pick up but if you like consistency, then this job is not for you.
Pros
flexible schedule, travel time compensation
Cons
lack of support, no real peer interaction
Enjoyed the work, culture, environment and work life balance was good
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2018
Everything was good, best co-workers.
Management was very considerate
The work/life balance was good for me, they allowed me to work
one day per week from home.
Compensation was according to market salary.
It was temporary job and still I worked more than 2 years at same place.
Environment and Company culture suited me well, I have no complaints about.
Location was good, places to eat around and commute was not too bad.
Once in a while hit too much traffic in the tunnel, but no other issues.
Cons
company is not longer in business
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2018
company is not longer in business. The contract that I was overseeing was terminated due to client not wanting to continue
using the company to oversee their operations.
good part time job
Supervised Visitation Worker (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIFebruary 5, 2018
Very flexible hours where you can work as much or as little as you need. Best as a part time job if you work elsewhere full time. Working with families in a difficult situation can be sobering.
People throw each other under the bus
undisclosed (Former Employee) –  southeastern wiJanuary 29, 2018
No matter how hard you work there, someone is going to be out to get you. The pay stinks for how much work you have to do; not recommended. The higher-ups are also completely oblivious to what goes on on a day-to-day basis inside the offices.
A typical day
SUPERVISED VISITATION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 22, 2018
I would contact the foster parents to arrange the pick of their child. i would also contact the biological parents to confirrm whether or not they would be available to visit with their child(ren). Maintain a working relationship with the care coordinators the details of the supervised visits.
Pros
Flexibility
Busy
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 29, 2017
Each case is different. Sometimes transporting a client is involved, sometimes it is not. Good environment, friendly work atmosphere. Parking is provided on-site. Lot's of communication via email or phone calls by supervisors. Sometimes clients cancel cases last minute.
Pros
Consistent work flow
Cons
Last minute cancellations by clients
good experience with youth
Case worker (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 18, 2017
I enjoy working here. I get to experience a different world from the youth I worked with. Visting them is always a please and the discussion we have is always touching.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PROFESSIONAL SERVICES GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.