Professional Sports Publications Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
Psp
Advertisement Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 26, 2018
Great place start a career and develop skills that help you on a daily basis. Its a typical inside sales job that makes you work hard and make sales. A lot of phone calls
Good for recent grads
Advertising Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 27, 2018
Good place to get your feet wet in sales however, I would not recommend staying long. It's scripted sales so there is no way for you to think on your own which is what other sales companies will want.
Great Place to Work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2018
I have worked at Professional Sports Publications for over 2 years now. In my entire time with PSP, I have never been treated with anything but the utmost respect and encouragement from my bosses both in my local branch, as well as upper management in corporate.
PSP is a great place to work, but it's not for those who aren't ready to work hard. It's highly competitive, and for those who are ready to get after it each day, there are plenty of opportunities to advance and hit various bonuses throughout the year.
Whether you're just getting out of college, or you are looking to switch careers to an exciting, fast-paced job where you have an opportunity to earn more money, the more work you put in, PSP is a fantastic option for you.
Pros
Opportunity to hit Monthly Bonuses, Don't take work home with you, Fun work environment
Great job to learn sales and business
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2018
Good job to start career. Cannot mind putting in a lot of cold calls, generating your own leads. Overall great place to learn about sales and get your foot in the industry.
Great workplace with a competitive environment
Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2017
PSP is a great start up sales environment for anybody looking to start and grow with a career in sales. It is highly competitive gives great motivation for young college graduates looking to find out if they have what it takes to thrive in a somewhat cutthroat sales environment. I would recommend it to anyone looking to get their start in the sales industry.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Little to no advancement long term. Capped ceilings financially. Schedule flexibility
Terrible management
DBA (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 9, 2017
This is a slow paced environment , with no possibilities to grow and discrimination towards non-Jewish workers. Self initiative is suppressed and management being ridiculously unreasonable.
College sweatshop
Advertising Sales Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2017
This place is awful. They will hire kids right out of college and blind them with a high salary. This is a sales position YET YOU NEVER RECEIVE ANY COMMISSION. You are cold calling from 8am-5pm non stop - about 250 calls a day, reading the same script. Theya re scamming companies so badly. NO NOT WORK THERE.
Wasn't what I expected
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2017
The job wasn't what I expected. I expected to be on the phone all day but wasn't expected to be arguing on the phone with secretaries all day. You're basically a glorified telemarketer. The management of the offices were great and really friendly and helpful but it was not what I expected.
Pros
hour lunch, get benefits after 30 days, decent pay
Cons
no job security
Terrible Place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
Management is always down your back listening to calls and really belittles you if you do not stick to their script. Pay is good but that is absolutely the only things good about it. Script is outdated and you are basically scamming people convincing them that administrators look at this publication and are actually impressed. All lies. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY
Psp
Ad Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 31, 2017
I loved Professional Sports Publications. I wish I did not have to leave, regardless I am ready to sail ship. I watched too many people struggle, quit, or get fired. I hope that my future endeavors can be as fun as PSP was but I hope the lows are as low.
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
Bad Enivornment, Popularity Contest, Cliques
outgoing sales
Customer Service (Ad Sales Director) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 3, 2017
cold calling businesses to advertising with publications...advanced to mid management, a lot of phone sales, some emailing.....the more you put into this job the more you would get out of it
Pros
good hours
Cons
no room for advancement
Competitive work environment.
Ad Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2017
Great company to learn invaluable skills necessary to drive your sales career forward. Easy to work with other people and good culture. You really get close with your colleagues and you can tell that it is a family run company.
High commission possibilities, bad management
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PADecember 12, 2016
Working with Professional Sports Publications was a bitter sweet experience. The company itself prides itself on selling printed ad space in sports game day programs which can be a tough sell because a lot of advertising has gone digital at this point.

Pros- Great co-workers, very strong training program, great sales training.

Cons- High turnover, inconsistent standards set by management.
Terrible place to work
Advertising Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2016
Bunch of egomaniacs. This place is terrible and management is a joke. The only good thing about this job is the compensation, but the benefits are a joke. They get rid of one person a month so there is no job security and no room for advancement.
Pros
Experience
Official response from Professional Sports Publications
July 19, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience at PSP. This is certainly not the norm. The overwhelming feedback we receive from our employees is that PSP is an exciting, fun place to work where you are very well taken care of. We take great pride in creating a welcoming and exciting environment for our employees and hate to hear you did not get that experience here. Your feedback is helpful and much appreciated.

Good place to make money if you can last
Advertising Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 2, 2016
Typical day consists of making between 180 to 250 calls towards clients that work with universities and professional sports franchises. Sell them for advertising spots in game day and yearbook programs.

Management is great but a little hands off some times.

Co-workers are all amazing people, very friendly and young atmosphere.

Hardest part is closing a sale, any salesperson will tell you this.

Enjoyable part is the hours and the outside work culture in the office.
Pros
Hour break for lunch
Cons
Benefits limited, extremely high turnover. Lead distribution not equal for workers.
Great atmosphere and place to start a career in sales.
Senior National Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2016
If you are fresh out of college and have a desire to be in sales this is the place for you to build a career around. Management takes a keen eye to care for your needs to help you grow and flourish. The only thing I've seen hold people back is their own lack of desire to be great at the craft. The learning curve is different for everyone but the effort sets people apart. The environment is second to none, that is if you enjoy company paid happy hours, sales incentives, sales trips, company outings to local sporting events. This job is 100% all about making the most of a great opportunity and running with it.
Manager of Ad Operations (Current Employee) –  Elmont, NYApril 7, 2016
Valuable knowledge of both internal and external communication with the company and job itself. Not much else needs to be said here...
Negative atmosphere and environment
Manager of Ad Operations (Current Employee) –  Elmont, NYMarch 24, 2016
In the 15+ years I have worked for my company, the environment has become almost toxic. The only reasons I have some sanity left is because I was fortunate enough to be able to move from New York to Arizona and work out of our office in Scottsdale. The New York environment has become toxic. I'm grateful to be employed and earn a decent living, but I have been very unhappy for quite some time.
Pros
Insurance coverage (not the greatest, but it's there)
Cons
Manager and management
Horrible
IT Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2016
Place needs a lot of work. I'm glad I don't work there anymore. With most other jobs I would miss it some when leaving. Not this place. Cheers to everyone who got out. I have heard people who are training sales reps yell at them if they think they're doing something wrong. One time I saw a sales rep make a sale, then the trainer still snapped at him and said 'why couldn't you make this a bigger sale?'. I won't mention names, but some of the management there is very cocky and impatient. Place doesn't recycle too.

Bottom line, this company is too sales oriented. It's good to be focused on sales, obviously but this company is focused on it so much it makes the place not enjoyable.
Pros
some communication
Cons
Rude culture, poor management
the truth
escapee (Former Employee) –  Elmont, NYJanuary 5, 2016
These guys are inappropriate language. They hire 8/10 at a clip, burn your butt in training with a person who NEVER made a cold call in his life.They listen to every call and allege as you approach the closing call it is one of their prexsisting rep accounts. They put new staff separate from their team who rarely if ever cold call.
Pros
they have heat in room
Cons
With no spots marked you think I should move my car like I offended some one ?