Professional Transportation, Inc.

• Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Stressed

On call 24/7 ... had to be available all the time. No set down town. Could not plan outings with family. Could get call in at anytime . Drivers, and other managers were friendly, and somewhat helpful

Pros

You have a job

Cons

No down time

Find something better.

Horrible pay, no guarantee of hours, on call, benefits and management are terrible. Sleep is wrecked, health is declining. It's believed people come here to die.

Pros

You can say you have a job.

Cons

Too many to list.

Low pay

12 hour on call shifts. No on call pay. When you do not have a trip you are not being paid. Slow days you can make as little as $25 a day. Busy days or good trips, you can make between 100-150.

Pros

No physical labor

Cons

No benefits, lousy pay

Communication sucks!!! I’m seeking a different job

After 7 days, I didnt get a final call from the management that I was going 2start working 4the company. I ws told I would get a phone call after the 2nd in person training had occurred. Cleaning supplies, gloves and paperwork were provided but no communication on when & if I were to be starting. Time to look for a different job….

Pros

Friendly training staff

Cons

Zero communication

The pay process

First they use this dumb app called “Paycom”Then they tax you as a Maryland resident that works in Delaware (yes, the state) but you never work in Delaware everThen the pay rate switches each pay and your overtime pay isn’t time and a half like usual. It’s half of whatever your pay rate was the two weeks you worked. I highly recommend you NOT work here unless you don’t care and just want to do something

Pros

Extremely laid back job

Cons

Pay sucks tremendously

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Best things were the employees & shift supervisors, Worst things were Stress of not having enough vehicles, drivers & time to do job correctly!

The employees and shift supervisors in our dispatch department and other inner office departments that we worked with were great people who were fun and easy to work with. The job of dispatcher is interesting and most of our drivers and railroad customers were courteous and helpful to work with but the job is very fast paced! There are a lot of times that you don't have enough vans and drivers to get to a pick up on time! A lot of these calls are given with not enough lead time to make it possible to have an on time pick-up! If you work here be ready for massive amounts of last minute overtime(when someone on the next shift calls in or doesn't show up!)Also this a 24/7 365 days a year job! They do not shut down for any holidays or inclement weather at all!

Pros

The employees that you work with, Occasionally management would order pizza for each shift, On holidays employees were allowed to have pot luck type meals for each shift!

Cons

Short breaks, stress, hectic fast pace, hundreds of calls per shift, not enough supplies and time to do the job correctly!

Flexibility

Great company when I worked for them but need to be more inclusive in the hiring Process. GIVE EVERYBODY from ALL walked of Life a chance including those with criminal récords (DEPENDING ON CRIME COMITTED)

Pros

Flexibilty, Travel, Vehicle

Cons

Salary, more contract work needed

Helping other to make appointed time schedules

Delivery conductors and Engineers to differen train siding pick up conductors and engineers drop off at company location driver passenger relationship grow strong

Pros

working with the railroad workers

Cons

meeting new people daily

I did have some really awesome drivers working for me

PTI did not care for its employees or management. Pay was below standards, barely minimum wage. Thankless job. PTI upper management expected, no demanded drivers to workers more than legally allowed to. They didn't care if a driver just came off of a 12 hour shift, if you were needed, they expected you to drive. No matter how tired you were.

Cons

Exhausting, little pay, poorly kept equipment, cheap software program for tracking trips.

Extremely bad nanagenent

They have extremely bad nanagenent and short change enployees on pay. The tell you to contact corporate and dont give you a number to call or go to the payroll website. They fail to tell you that local office doesnt have your user id or password and fail to tell you where to obtain the ibformation.

Pros

Move on to a different job posting

Cons

You have to beg for your pay.

Worst Company On the Planet To Work For

TERRIBLE company in every way possible. Lousy pay, for one thing. They invade your life and stay there. If your phone is on, they expect you to answer it 24/7. They claim to be safety conscious, but that pertains to the RR crews you carry. They have cameras in every vehicle. If you hit a bump too hard, that thing goes off. If they see something you're either doing or not doing they think isn't right, you'll either be fired or kicked off the job for a period of time. People are numbers to PTI. They couldn't care less about you.Job starts at LESS than 10 lousy bucks an hour. My advice? Unless you're hard up and starving to death, find something different.If you DO start this job, be looking for something better every chance you get.

Pros

RR crews are generally good people, though there are exceptions.

Cons

Everything. Pay, hours, the company itself.

Great if you have no life

This is a good job if you have no life, require little sleep and don't need a real paycheck. You're on call 16 hours a day. You're not getting paid during that time unless you're on a trip. They'll call you incessantly on your day off. They ignore DOT rules and will try to force you to work past your drive time.

Pros

Travel

Cons

Low pay, no free time

It sucks

No one does their job right. They don't keep enough drivers to make it really worth it. The pay sucks. It's not worth the effort. You can put in effort, but they don't take that into consideration.

Traveling, interaction with the railroad customers.

My time at PTI was alright, the only things was that they tried to over work me , meaning they didn't care if I had been up and driving for 12 hours, they still wanted me to drive more. I always was speaking to personnel about my check. They will lie to keep you from receiving your unemployment.

Pros

Driving, getting to see the States

Cons

The pay......they need to pay more.

Horrible, terrible working experience!

Management is horrible. They yell and use profanity at their employees. The job is hard enough because of the “on-call” schedule yet the management just loved to call and bother you during your time of rest. Just rude and unprofessional is a way to sum up the way you get treated by management.

The bad

The pay is not good... The can are not in good condition..... This is a company that don’t care about their employees..... And some of the railroad works isn’t nice.....

Pros

No mic manger

Cons

Driving is relaxing

Ok for a starter job...

It's good if your looking for a first job, retired and looking for something to do, enjoy trains... But pay sucks, as do hours... And your only paid by trip, not for the 12hr shift your expected to be on call for...

Pros

Lots of downtime, fan of trains? TRAINS!, and entertaining people

Cons

Bad pay, sucky hours, and management sucks...

Worst company ever

They will screw you out of money every chance they get (mileage, wait time, vacation). Management lies and will avoid you when you have a problem. Avoid this company. The only nice thing about the job was driving the clients (railroaders). Made some great friendships.

Pros

The railroaders

Cons

Everything else

It was sad to see a manager so unaware and without skills needed to do her job. She was so vulnerable to liars that were too busy covering up their own actions by being deceptive about others. People were actually still in gas and being deceptive and yet the people that were actually trying to do a good job and felt an obligation to do so were misconstrued and never appreciated for their level of integrity a commitment to the job.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Poor management

Everyone starts by calling in to dispatch

Being on the drivers board for 8 hours and not making a dime. You do not make any money unless dispatch sends you a trip. You have to be ready for the phone call, but you cannot do anything else while you sit and wait for an assignment.

Pros

You get to relax in your vehicle

Cons

You make no money

If you have options hard pass.

This job will suck all the joy & life out of you to the point of volcanic anger. They will literally work you to the point of exhaustion & demand more. And not only does the pay bite so do the minimal benefits offered. As soon as I can find another job I'm quitting. And the disrespect and hatefulness from management is astounding.

Pros

It's a job.

Cons

24/7 schedule, unsafe, low pay, nasty vehichles, disrespectful, too much to list.

Common questions about Professional Transportation, Inc.

Answered by current and former employees at Professional Transportation, Inc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Professional Transportation, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5

Compare Professional Transportation, Inc. with

• Professional Transportation, Inc.