Professional Transportation, Inc. Employee Reviews

Job that you need another job to survive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2019
The best thing about this job is meeting the railroad crews. Driving isn't bad. Vans aren't maintained very well. Pay isn't good. They are very vague on how you get paid. Your co-workers are nice but you don't get to see much of them. If you plan on paying all your bills with this job, you better go elsewhere because that won't happen.
Pros
Meeting nice people
Cons
Pay not enough to survive.
Terrible morale
Lead Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 18, 2019
so little compensation, for so much responsibility! Driving around railroad workers making 5-6 thousand a month and you can't pay your rent!!! PTI= PITIFUL TRANSPORTATION INC.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Having to go to work there
Good job to have while looking elsewhere
Van driver (Former Employee) –  Burnside , kyJanuary 16, 2019
Manager was a veteran driver so he understood how the company ran, I felt that I was treated fairly, if I did something wrong I was held accountable, speeding is a very big no go . crews were always friendly and most co workers would try and help each other out when possible.
Pros
Good times that last forever
Cons
Low pay, little to few time for family being full time
fast paced job
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 28, 2018
Job was ok just wish they would be more flexible with schedule, and paid holidays and vacation. Managers were good and dispatch was helpful. good job overall
Bad company to work for
Van driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 21, 2018
I can't depend on this job to secure my cost of living.
My expenses for this month
My rent is $600
My car insurance is $98
Electric bill is $120
Water bill is : $80
Without my other part time job I won't be able to pay anything.
I won't pay them on time while I'm working for this company.
They don't pay you per hour.
You only get paid when you start driving the crew to their destination. They don't give free medical insurance or benefits.
The worst company to work for ever.
Pay is the lowest in Alabama for van drivers.
I'm only there for a job history after that I'm leaving.
It should be a volunteer job only.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Puke !
Driver (Former Employee) –  Etowah, TNDecember 16, 2018
You only get paid mileage when railroad workers are in your vehicle.
Not paid for driving empty. That is if you get paid at all. You do not get paid to be on call. You are better off working for a taxi company.
Absolutely Horrible place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaDecember 3, 2018
Just the worst management I have ever had the displeasure to serve under. No communication at all and very nearly impossible to get any documents or information you require.
Pros
vehicle suplied
Cons
pretty much everything else
Poor management
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 24, 2018
Lack of communication, favoritisms with certain drivers. No local office to report. Poor dispatching to drivers. Don’t keep up with maintenance on vehicles for the safer of drivers and members.
Pros
They supplied vehicle/gas
Cons
Don’t care about their drivers
Transporting
Driver (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 12, 2018
Good, very respect railroad crew. Travel to various locations to locations along the railroads. Very low keyed environment. Good updates on driving education
It’s a good place to work it’s nices coworker and u really don’t have to do any walking
Access a ride (Former Employee) –  Jamaica nyNovember 4, 2018
Make sure to have snacks with u because you will be in a seat all day and dress Appropriate always be professional and stay focus on the work because work have to be done on time
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Lunch breaks
This job sucks!! Poor management!! If u don’t take trips, branch manager calls or texts cussing at you!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burnside, kyOctober 23, 2018
I would never recommend this job to anyone. Especially the Branch in BURNSIDE, KY!! No home time, and they make you drive way past hours of service! If you didn’t take calls when dispatch calls you for a trip, the branch manager texts cussing you out. I worked 30 days straight without a day off!!
Pros
Definitely no pros
Cons
Poor poor management, pay sucks. I drove almost 2000 miles and only made 400 dollars.
Overall the company is run horribly and has been since they took over. The pay is always messed up and management is terrible.
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAOctober 5, 2018
The pay is horrible for what you do. There are no benefits as stated. Management is downright horrible and doesn't care. You have pay problems all the time. Management lies to new drivers especially over the road ones stating you get paid for all the time your on the board over the road even if you don't have trips when in reality you don't. They will tell you anything to get you on board with them hence why they have such a high turnover rate because once new employees find out the truth from existing ones they quit and I don't blame them. Worse company I ever worked for! Period!!
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Management, pay, work environment, no benefits as stated, issues with every little thing
Not a bad place
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phippsburg, COOctober 3, 2018
If you're single or childless this is not a bad job to have. But you will work countless hours at all times of the day/night, so be prepared to have no personal life.
Low pay, not enough work, the list can go on!
Driver (Current Employee) –  OREGONSeptember 23, 2018
Unless you are bored and retired, I do NOT recommend this job. If you are taking a crew and just dropping them off somewhere, you get paid for mileage only! Which is SIGNIFICANTLY low. Management is low paid also, so they'll steal runs from you. You can go weeks without a run or paycheck. You're expected to be on call for 12 hours, with no pay, and no guarantee for a trip.
Pros
Railroad crews at least treat you like a human being.
Cons
Very low pay, poor management, theft of trips
Awful
Driver (Current Employee) –  Rochelle, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Bad management.. horrible hours. Poor pay, especially for all expected. Would not recommend to anyone. It doesn't matter how good one is at the job, the company will run you down into complete poverty with NO LIFE.
Pros
A few quiet driving hours.
Cons
Bad pay. Horrible management. No life. Vehicles not properly maintained.
Easy place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTSeptember 5, 2018
I work as a driver. The railroad crew are awesome and treat us really good. If I leave, this will be the hardest part about leaving. I will really miss all the guys I drive. The bad part about this job is we are very under paid for what we do...driving all hours of the night and sometimes in very dangerous conditions. I have had to drive in very bad snowstorms with ice on the roads in the middle of the night. I will not miss this! We are hardly paid above minimum wage. Also driving all hours of the night is really bad unless you are able to stay awake like that and sleep in the daytime. Another bad part is you are on call for 12 hours a day. You never know when you are going to work, where you are going or for how long. This can be bad if you get called towards the end of your shift for a 12 hour assist or a long drive somewhere. Management is not the best. They need professionals that know what they are doing but they keep hiring these ammatures that are as lost as some of the drivers. They hire way too many people and it makes trips very limited.
Pros
Easy going job, decent crew to work with.
Cons
Low pay, bad management, bad driving conditions at times.
Fun & interesting work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2018
It was an high demand job that was good for the moment picking up railroad workers & driving the open road was relaxing & enjoyable perfect job for a single person.
Pros
Working freely with nobody on your back
Cons
The pay didn't match the amount of driving that was required
Not a great place to work!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Altoona, WIJuly 29, 2018
Poor wages, poor management, vehicles may look nice but run poorly, still owe us back wages. Manager was a joke, could care less if trips were covered, manager stole time and money from the company by falsifying records, would cheat drivers out of trips and hours submitted to.be paid.
Pros
Railroad Crews Fun to chat with.
Cons
Poor wages, junk vehicles, too many to list
Time consuming/ Pay Sucks
Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 30, 2018
Very time consuming being that you are on call. Though you may drive a lot of hrs in a day, the pay will not be worth all the time you've driven. For so little pay, they have too many rules and regulations. Branch manager is hardly ever around to get in touch with. Other drivers are nosey. Crews are nice. A union so I don't know the pros and cons to that. With the number of hrs driven a day, you should at least get discounted hotel rooms at select hotels. My main complaint is the PAY. Truckers in school at least make .25/ mile. Good for retirees.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Pay
Poor place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Altoona, WIJune 12, 2018
Terrible company to work for have no loyalty to long term drivers with no incidents looking to always fire someone can’t keep good drivers.
Has a very high turnover rate. Drivers are quitting faster then they can hire them.
The dispatch people are rude and uptight.
The train crews are okay. Some are uptight but not all.
Lack of benefits.
Pros
Sit and catch up on reading
Cons
Poor pay, lack of benefits, don't get paid for waiting for trains