Professional Transportation, Inc. Employee Reviews

1.8
Ratings breakdown
Fun & interesting work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2018
It was an high demand job that was good for the moment picking up railroad workers & driving the open road was relaxing & enjoyable perfect job for a single person.
Pros
Working freely with nobody on your back
Cons
The pay didn't match the amount of driving that was required
Time consuming/ Pay Sucks
Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 30, 2018
Very time consuming being that you are on call. Though you may drive a lot of hrs in a day, the pay will not be worth all the time you've driven. For so little pay, they have too many rules and regulations. Branch manager is hardly ever around to get in touch with. Other drivers are nosey. Crews are nice. A union so I don't know the pros and cons to that. With the number of hrs driven a day, you should at least get discounted hotel rooms at select hotels. My main complaint is the PAY. Truckers in school at least make .25/ mile. Good for retirees.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Pay
Poor place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Altoona, WIJune 12, 2018
Terrible company to work for have no loyalty to long term drivers with no incidents looking to always fire someone can’t keep good drivers.
Has a very high turnover rate. Drivers are quitting faster then they can hire them.
The dispatch people are rude and uptight.
The train crews are okay. Some are uptight but not all.
Lack of benefits.
Pros
Sit and catch up on reading
Cons
Poor pay, lack of benefits, don't get paid for waiting for trains
Don't do it unless retired and bored
Driver (Current Employee) –  Rochelle, ILMay 28, 2018
The only people I can see who would like to work here are retirees who have nothing to do all day. The pay is terrible and the hours suck. Some days in 12 hour shift you'll have 1 run. You are expected to be within 30 mins of a van at anytime during shift but are only paid when on a run.
Low pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYMay 13, 2018
It sucks. No work. Had weeks I never made a single trips. Had vehicles that always had issues all the time. Most of trips happened during the day. Tried to get a day time shift, but boss never gave it to me as promised
Cons
No work
worst management ever
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 29, 2018
Don't let the name fool you. Nothing professional about it. Horrible work place. They hire safe house people knowing that they don't have to pay them well because they need the job.
Pros
Cons
all
about what I do
Driver (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDMarch 5, 2018
I love my job I work overnights with the guys that is working on the railroad when they need me to come on whatever end of the yard i go and assist them i have learned some much about what the do with the cards they are working on eachnight its alot to learn and it is a fun job and i love what i do and just helping them when they need me.
nothing
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Erwin, TNFebruary 17, 2018
probably worse job I have ever worked in my whole life. If is wasn't for the railroad people I drove or the fact that I really enjoyed driving, I would not have stayed
Slave drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 13, 2018
Expected to be at there beckoning call work only when called never know when you get a call could get one right after each job or could be a few days with out a call pay was always screwed up could never plan anything
enjoyable
Driver (Current Employee) –  Gary, INJanuary 25, 2018
I like to drive, so I enjoy going to areas that are new. The railroad worker are great and make the drive pleasant. The hardest part for me that I can't drive at night, so the short days throughout the winter made it hard for me to make the money I could make. Otherwise, I love the job.
Pros
Perfect for people who love to drive, great supplemental income, easy
Cons
Short days in winter, have to work a year to get paid time off and vacation
Easy Job
Transportaioon Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 22, 2018
I worked Monday thru Friday from ten pm till 6 am, and Sunday night from six pm till six am. I would work in the yard and transport railroad crews from their train to the office or other needed locations.
Pros
Easy job as a van driver.
Cons
Constant harassment from management. No promotion from night shift.
It was a bad experience.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 21, 2018
Our pay was based on how many runs we had and the distance we drove, just like a taxi. We would have twelve hours shifts where we had to be on call in a vehicle until they changed it to on call from home. At the time I worked there, we changed from dedicated vehicles to first come first serve, and had no work life balance at all. The pay was never guaranteed, and at times I made less than $800 in a month. I have steered many people away from them, even though I've heard they've made changes.
Horribly managed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYJanuary 10, 2018
Worked here for 6 months, they fired a very capable manager because she ran an efficient operation. They interviewed me to replace her and made it known that they expected less efficiency then the last manager, oh and offered half the salary.
Pros
Railroaders treat you like trash
Cons
Management treats you like trash
Railroaders were the only positive.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 3, 2018
Terrible company was fired in September for popping out a fog light. It was nothing but problems from the start. Highly unfortunate because the railroad crews were awesome!
Pros
The crews
Cons
Management unsafe vehicles
Very horrible will drop you in a heart beat.
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 12, 2017
Terriblecompany to work for have no loyalty to long term drivers with no incidents looking to always fire someone can’t keep good drivers. Has a very hi turnover rate. Drivers are quitting faster then they can hire them
Pros
Na
Cons
Will fire in a heart beat and very low paychecks.
Dead end job
Revenue Analyst (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 11, 2017
The job descriptions are misleading. The interview is misleading. The pay is depressing. Their main software was written by a high school student and is very user unfriendly with numerous errors. They expect more and more from you without compensation. They force you to sit in meetings telling how great they are doing while you are wondering how you can pay your rent because they certainly don't share the profits. The raises they take such pride in consists of .10¢ per hour each year. They will dangle a carrot in front of you just to make an excuse and pull it away. There is no integrity in their policies. A lot of smart and good people treated like peons. I would only recommend this place as a last resort.
Pros
Better than nothing
Cons
Too numerous to list
Don't
Driver (Former Employee) –  MontanaDecember 11, 2017
Worst place ever to work.....you have no life, and can be called at anytime to go who knows where. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone anywhere...unemployment is better
Pros
Cons
On call
Worst Place Ever
Revenue Specialist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 27, 2017
This place is so unorganized and most days you will have to work over to cover someone else. People quit left and right, so with the high turnover rate and being short staffed, it was awful. I haven't had a day off since June and I finally quit at the end of October. They punish their good workers. We are promised 4 raises within the 1st year of employment (it's in our contract we signed when we were hired on. I still have mine!) And they have not given a raise in over 3 years. Ridiculous. Lies after lies after lies to try to keep people. And that's why they leave. Do NOT get tangled up with this place and the awful management!
Cons
Unorganized, no raises, low wages, awful management, rude employees, short staff, very high turnover rate
Long Day's with split shifts.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 18, 2017
Shifts are 12-16 hours with breaks between runs. Good job if you like driving.
You get to see a lot of different places, and wildlife.
You're always learning.
Pros
Your office is your car
Cons
Sometimes little or no work.
great way to start
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTNovember 14, 2017
great way to start. Wanted employment that would allow me to grow with the company without high levels of stress and back breaking work. Wanted a place to belong and it seems that PTI can do that for me.
Pros
meeting new people gaining trust
Cons
unknown work hours