Professional Transportation, Inc. Employee Reviews

Transporting
Driver (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 12, 2018
Good, very respect railroad crew. Travel to various locations to locations along the railroads. Very low keyed environment. Good updates on driving education
It’s a good place to work it’s nices coworker and u really don’t have to do any walking
Access a ride (Former Employee) –  Jamaica nyNovember 4, 2018
Make sure to have snacks with u because you will be in a seat all day and dress Appropriate always be professional and stay focus on the work because work have to be done on time
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Lunch breaks
Overall the company is run horribly and has been since they took over. The pay is always messed up and management is terrible.
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAOctober 5, 2018
The pay is horrible for what you do. There are no benefits as stated. Management is downright horrible and doesn't care. You have pay problems all the time. Management lies to new drivers especially over the road ones stating you get paid for all the time your on the board over the road even if you don't have trips when in reality you don't. They will tell you anything to get you on board with them hence why they have such a high turnover rate because once new employees find out the truth from existing ones they quit and I don't blame them. Worse company I ever worked for! Period!!
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Management, pay, work environment, no benefits as stated, issues with every little thing
Not a bad place
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phippsburg, COOctober 3, 2018
If you're single or childless this is not a bad job to have. But you will work countless hours at all times of the day/night, so be prepared to have no personal life.
Low pay, not enough work, the list can go on!
Driver (Current Employee) –  OREGONSeptember 23, 2018
Unless you are bored and retired, I do NOT recommend this job. If you are taking a crew and just dropping them off somewhere, you get paid for mileage only! Which is SIGNIFICANTLY low. Management is low paid also, so they'll steal runs from you. You can go weeks without a run or paycheck. You're expected to be on call for 12 hours, with no pay, and no guarantee for a trip.
Pros
Railroad crews at least treat you like a human being.
Cons
Very low pay, poor management, theft of trips
Awful
Driver (Current Employee) –  Rochelle, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Bad management.. horrible hours. Poor pay, especially for all expected. Would not recommend to anyone. It doesn't matter how good one is at the job, the company will run you down into complete poverty with NO LIFE.
Pros
A few quiet driving hours.
Cons
Bad pay. Horrible management. No life. Vehicles not properly maintained.
Easy place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTSeptember 5, 2018
I work as a driver. The railroad crew are awesome and treat us really good. If I leave, this will be the hardest part about leaving. I will really miss all the guys I drive. The bad part about this job is we are very under paid for what we do...driving all hours of the night and sometimes in very dangerous conditions. I have had to drive in very bad snowstorms with ice on the roads in the middle of the night. I will not miss this! We are hardly paid above minimum wage. Also driving all hours of the night is really bad unless you are able to stay awake like that and sleep in the daytime. Another bad part is you are on call for 12 hours a day. You never know when you are going to work, where you are going or for how long. This can be bad if you get called towards the end of your shift for a 12 hour assist or a long drive somewhere. Management is not the best. They need professionals that know what they are doing but they keep hiring these ammatures that are as lost as some of the drivers. They hire way too many people and it makes trips very limited.
Pros
Easy going job, decent crew to work with.
Cons
Low pay, bad management, bad driving conditions at times.
Fun & interesting work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2018
It was an high demand job that was good for the moment picking up railroad workers & driving the open road was relaxing & enjoyable perfect job for a single person.
Pros
Working freely with nobody on your back
Cons
The pay didn't match the amount of driving that was required
Not a great place to work!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Altoona, WIJuly 29, 2018
Poor wages, poor management, vehicles may look nice but run poorly, still owe us back wages. Manager was a joke, could care less if trips were covered, manager stole time and money from the company by falsifying records, would cheat drivers out of trips and hours submitted to.be paid.
Pros
Railroad Crews Fun to chat with.
Cons
Poor wages, junk vehicles, too many to list
Time consuming/ Pay Sucks
Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 30, 2018
Very time consuming being that you are on call. Though you may drive a lot of hrs in a day, the pay will not be worth all the time you've driven. For so little pay, they have too many rules and regulations. Branch manager is hardly ever around to get in touch with. Other drivers are nosey. Crews are nice. A union so I don't know the pros and cons to that. With the number of hrs driven a day, you should at least get discounted hotel rooms at select hotels. My main complaint is the PAY. Truckers in school at least make .25/ mile. Good for retirees.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Pay
Poor place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Altoona, WIJune 12, 2018
Terrible company to work for have no loyalty to long term drivers with no incidents looking to always fire someone can’t keep good drivers.
Has a very high turnover rate. Drivers are quitting faster then they can hire them.
The dispatch people are rude and uptight.
The train crews are okay. Some are uptight but not all.
Lack of benefits.
Pros
Sit and catch up on reading
Cons
Poor pay, lack of benefits, don't get paid for waiting for trains
Don't do it unless retired and bored
Driver (Current Employee) –  Rochelle, ILMay 28, 2018
The only people I can see who would like to work here are retirees who have nothing to do all day. The pay is terrible and the hours suck. Some days in 12 hour shift you'll have 1 run. You are expected to be within 30 mins of a van at anytime during shift but are only paid when on a run.
Low pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYMay 13, 2018
It sucks. No work. Had weeks I never made a single trips. Had vehicles that always had issues all the time. Most of trips happened during the day. Tried to get a day time shift, but boss never gave it to me as promised
Cons
No work
worst management ever
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 29, 2018
Don't let the name fool you. Nothing professional about it. Horrible work place. They hire safe house people knowing that they don't have to pay them well because they need the job.
Pros
Cons
all
about what I do
Driver (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDMarch 5, 2018
I love my job I work overnights with the guys that is working on the railroad when they need me to come on whatever end of the yard i go and assist them i have learned some much about what the do with the cards they are working on eachnight its alot to learn and it is a fun job and i love what i do and just helping them when they need me.
nothing
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Erwin, TNFebruary 17, 2018
probably worse job I have ever worked in my whole life. If is wasn't for the railroad people I drove or the fact that I really enjoyed driving, I would not have stayed
Slave drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 13, 2018
Expected to be at there beckoning call work only when called never know when you get a call could get one right after each job or could be a few days with out a call pay was always screwed up could never plan anything
enjoyable
Driver (Current Employee) –  Gary, INJanuary 25, 2018
I like to drive, so I enjoy going to areas that are new. The railroad worker are great and make the drive pleasant. The hardest part for me that I can't drive at night, so the short days throughout the winter made it hard for me to make the money I could make. Otherwise, I love the job.
Pros
Perfect for people who love to drive, great supplemental income, easy
Cons
Short days in winter, have to work a year to get paid time off and vacation
Easy Job
Transportaioon Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 22, 2018
I worked Monday thru Friday from ten pm till 6 am, and Sunday night from six pm till six am. I would work in the yard and transport railroad crews from their train to the office or other needed locations.
Pros
Easy job as a van driver.
Cons
Constant harassment from management. No promotion from night shift.
It was a bad experience.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 21, 2018
Our pay was based on how many runs we had and the distance we drove, just like a taxi. We would have twelve hours shifts where we had to be on call in a vehicle until they changed it to on call from home. At the time I worked there, we changed from dedicated vehicles to first come first serve, and had no work life balance at all. The pay was never guaranteed, and at times I made less than $800 in a month. I have steered many people away from them, even though I've heard they've made changes.