Progress Residential Employee Reviews

Good Pay and Benefits, but no room for advancement.
Yardi Help Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for Progress Residential. Their management is great, the pay is good as well as the benefits. The only issue I had was growth. There was no where for me to go. I was stuck in the same job.
Pros
Relaxed working environment, pay, benefits and work life balance were good.
Cons
No room for growth within the company.
Meh...it was decent.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 27, 2018
I spent almost three years there. Learned a lot....I’ll give them that. But the work environment is extremely high school. Workplace gossip, unprofessionalism amongst the staff, but more importantly management is fake. They will lie dead in your face about how well they think you’re doing, how you’re an asset to the team all while planning to fire you. Good thing I quit before they could do so. There is very limited room for growth. The company has this fantastic habit of hiring externally for positions. Hiring people who know absolutely nothing about the job instead of promoting people who have been there for awhile into higher positions. And some of the managers who work there are 100% clueless as to how to do their jobs. Asking for help and training and looking like very poor leaders.
Don’t expect a long career here. This is a stepping stone, a mere training environment... a pastime until you find something a lot better!
Pros
They feed you a lot, decent money, good benefits
Cons
Extremely Poor management, unprofessional workmates
Great Office Environment
Resident Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 28, 2018
Progress Residential is a great place to work. It is very family oriented and management really care about their employees. A typical day at work always begins with "Good morning" from Management. I learned that hard work pays off, and management recognizes that. The workplace culture is diverse and inviting. The hardest part of the job is communication is not very effective through out the company, everyone is not always on the same page. The most enjoyable part of the job is everyone is like family.
Pros
Values their employees opinions
Cons
Need to communicate more effectively
great place to work with your own time management
Make Ready Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2018
My day starts at going through 100's of emails and the contacting GC's for updates on all homes under construction. Then will make way to one of the new homes that need scoped so we can purchase
the new home. Scopes are then uploaded for everyone to review
and make any changes before sending to the GC. I manage my own time for the day and week. the hardest part of the job is finding enough Gc to cover all the jobs. i have 35 jobs currently running with 5 different GC's. The pest part of my job is meeting and talking to new clients.
Pros
time management left up to you
Cons
salary not that good for the position
Productive fun office to work for.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 23, 2018
I have had a great time working at Progress. The people I work with are great team oriented, fun environment. Alot of opportunity for advancement, training to move forward with your career goals.
The worse
VENDOR (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 30, 2018
The worse experience poor management
Management don't know how to work with people
Management don't know anything about the business
Management don't care about anyone than them
Cons
I dont recommend working there. To much turn over........
HOA (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 30, 2018
Management was horrible. No experience in the field of work they are in. Treat employees bad. They let some employee get away with things that are not right and others have it where you cant say anything.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management
Horrible Leadership
Service Coordinator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2018
Overall the company is good. Where they fail at and it seems to be only in the Service Department- is the leadership. Management was never held accountable for anything. If you speak out or ask questions be prepared for retaliation. I plan to talk to EEOC about things I experienced at Progress.
Fast paced and ever changing
Make Ready Painter (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 15, 2018
Progress at times expects unrealistic timeframes to fulfill project tasks with only one person working on the project at a time. Short comings in communication and expectations.
Pros
Off weekends
Cons
Unrealistic timeframes and mediocre salary
Excessive stress created by management, High employee turnover in local office and corporate
Make Ready Tech (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJanuary 17, 2018
Management does not want to take any responsibility for the issues that plaque the company. They always pass the buck to the lower employees. No chance for advancement
They promote a extensive training program but that just does not happen. The yearly raises are poor. No sick time, you need to take your vacation time when your sick.
Great first admin job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 14, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Progress Residential. I had a great team and a wonderful manager. I did feel like it was in a constant growing period during my time there so communication between staff was challenging at times.
Decent Company
Management (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 7, 2018
Company is in a growth swing which is exciting however due to growth the right people are not in place and policies are not still in development or continuously changing.
Pros
Benefits and pay are good
Cons
Management team could use some training
Great company
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 2, 2018
Progress is an excellent organization that takes care of its employees. Training is ongoing, and input is listened to. It's a cool office and there is always room to be promoted.
they dont care about there workers
Make ready Painter/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 12, 2018
there a lot of back stabbing in between the management.
they only do what good for them not the employee as they say in there various meetings. it used to be a great company from what i been told . Various decades ago.
Pros
hours were given
Cons
cant trust management
Renewal Specialist
Renewal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2018
Local position was eliminated and there was no position available. Lease renewals were too high in order to maintain occupancy levels, and renew the leases. I learned that I am not a cubicle employee. I enjoyed my coworkers.
If you do not work fast enough they will make sure you know about it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 27, 2018
Clicks there. Act fake to impress managers during training process. Do not personally care about you as an employee. If yiu dont meet quota immeditely you will hear about it. They make you watch videos to show you how high their work ethic is practiced there but some of the people themselves gossip constantly and really don't try and hide it. It's fake as ever.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Fake people
Overworked
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 10, 2018
There were 3 employees on my team handling maintenance for over 2500 homes in the area. I learned to improve my multi tasking skills because there is a lot you have to remember. Because this was a new company there were a lot of things that were not provided for us to properly perform our duties. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team. We worked very well together.
Pros
my team
Cons
management
Good start, not long term
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, ArizonaJuly 22, 2015
Jobs Work/Life Balance - Depends on your department & the market you're assigned. If you work in Acquisitions or Construction in a large market, then expect to work long hours.

Compensation/Benefits - Pay is low compared to industry average . Benefits are good.

Job Security/Advancement - Since they acquired Haven there have been a lot of top Managers released and several mid-low level employees have resigned. Advancement is difficult and most Managers are hired from the outside, not within.

Management - Directives constantly change and Department Managers frequently make directives without notifying other Departments. Basically, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing which creates chaos and frustration amongst employees.

Job Culture - Business Casual, kind of a tense environment because there's a lot of pressure to meet changing goals.
Progress management is always breathing down your neck and is never satisfied, major lack of communication, and make you take hour's of classes but
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2018
Terrible work experience, corporate makes you take hours of classes on harrassement, How to treat people, How to conduct yourself with employees and tenants, but no one practices these policies
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Poor management
Good company with great potential.
HR Department (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 16, 2016
Progress Residential is a great new company experiencing rapid expansion. The upper management is great and as far as I've seen always pushing for employees to reach new levels of growth. Most are also open to new ideas and ways of working. As an employee, I feel my great work and opinions are valued and recognized.

The salary and benefits are at a very competitive level. This is a great place to work for anyone who is a go-getter and wants to be apart of something refreshing, new and growing at an exceptional rate.
Pros
Fun people, unlimited room for career growth, town halls, free lunch and snacks at random!
Cons
Still working out a few kinks. Totally understandable for a new company experiencing fast growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progress Residential. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8