Progress Residential
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Progress Residential Employee Reviews

United States122 reviews
Your daily plans change the moment you walk into the office.. Future departmental planning is futile. Extremely reactive environment rather than pro-active mgmt. style. Expect serious micro-mgmt. if you end up in the wrong regional office - with a serious CYA attitude (copy all e-mails to yourself and keep in a CYA file for future reference). Company has potential to be awesome - great vision for the future - but poor execution at the regional levels. No doubt super mgmt. in some branches - each is different. (as is typical with large companies).

Corporate mgmt. trying to do the right thing - regional mgmt. might differ in their perspective of corporate needs/wants.

New hire training is/was non-existent.... watch some videos and you're "trained" on corporate and regional systems/processes/operations. Luckily, I had the knowledge to be able to perform my job responsibilities within 7 days of hire - with no further training on corporate requirements.

I was hired to report to corporate - and loved my position/responsibilities. After Covid 19 - department was dissolved and I began to report to regional office in a different position. Incredible micro-mgmt. ( to the point of manager re-writing my e-mails for me, editing my team agendas, questioning my "attaboys" to my team mates, questioning my daily mileage reports in the field, demanding "her way" of filtering reports for weekly updates).

Position was eliminated 8 weeks later - though by week 10, I would have resigned anyway.
They put the wrong people in positions they are not qualified to do. No clear direction and no one can make decisions. Shouldn’t take 10 steps to get something completed. I have witnessed this with my coworkers that do a great job and are qualified but it seems the more skills you have your a threat to upper management and leasing.
Pros
None now, used to be fun outings
Cons
Lack of direction from upper management, No support at all, Just run you ragged and exhausted, Fear of losing job and coworkers felt the same
Ok place to work, but you'll never get ahead unless you're an a kisser or white. Managers don't care about anything else but themselves and never reachable
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Pay
I finally found the best company for my career. Great benefits. Flexible work environment. Many advancement opportunities. I loved this company, my coworkers and my position. Unfortunately, the Covid-19 situation caused the company to make difficult changes to survive this time. I hope that opportunities re-emerge in the near future and I am considered for rehire.
I like that we have team environment and we all work together to reach our goals. We receive acknowledgement for our goals being met. I like that I am pretty much my own boss, and I am trusted to do my job.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Enjoyed working for this company good atmosphere very employee driven good benefits innovative and diverse workforce management is good recommend this company as a good work environment
Loyalty basically means nothing and there's no such thing as confidentiality. HR is a joke. Upper management has favorites in the office and will make it clear that you can easily be replaced. Toxic work environment at it's finest
Pros
Pay and benefits are good
Cons
Upper management is severely racist and plays favorites. Toxic work environment
Great company to work for. company has great benefits and team members are very nice. Always room for advancement from within plenty of room for advancement
I have had great experience with the company overall. great management and leadership throughout entire company. I could say I have lear9a lot and achieved from Progress Residential
I liked working with Progress Residential. Great Company - new in their industry but strong values and great goals. Excellent place to work. I would work there again.
All fellow employees I had met were friendly and excited about their role in the business. Was also very impressed with the call center, they truly care about helping the Residents when they call in maintenance items.
1 Standards here are constantly changed which makes hard to be efficient and confusing.
2 Management has no idea about field operations which causes lots of problems in day to day operations.

3 Culture is very cut throat, lots of finger pointing and deception.
Without getting too personal, the company really need more effective leaders as opposed to bosses with titles that went to their heads, basic structure, adequate department team leadership, direct relative training per job description and onsite HR Management. A lot of things went on during my tenure that lead to my ultimate decision to depart from the company. Very unnecessary drama that should have been resolved from the first incident.
This business is a Private Equity management structure. You can learn a lot in terms of complex risk management but don't expect to have a good work life balance.

I recommend a short term commitment then take valuable experience to a company with a more established--proven business model.
I have grown tremendously in the past 4 years with Progress. Great work environment with great leaders. Tremendous staff/employees. Strong work ethic.
Successful company, but needs better management and team training throughout company. Learned what needs to be done to be truly successful in this work environment
Bad management. Manager treathen my job in a public meeting twice. They continue to hire bad managers which in turn creates a hostile environment. The varmint is so hostile that people have gone to the Eeoc.
Look forward to serving customers on a daily basis. Promising with continued growth for internal employees, if provided. There hurdles to get over within any company and here is the same.
The company is growing and moving fast. They take care of all of their employees. They are easy to talk speak and work with. Progress is a family friendly company!
Depends on what department you work in but i can tell you now you will be told your work is appreciated but they will show you differently with their actions. I felt overworked and underpaid for what is expected of you. AC department and customer care is highly unappreciated.
Don’t waste your time applying. Upper management doesn’t care about their employees. They will lie straight to your face about promotions and raises. Co-workers are two faced, will gossip, and stab you in the back.
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progress Residential. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8