Progressive Business Publications Employee Reviews

Progressive business publications in Boardman Ohio
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  boardman ohio 44512September 17, 2019
Progressive business hires felons drug addicts alcoholics not a safe working environment. brings animals in workplace young kids sleep under table if you don't have a babysitter.not told when your hired what people she is hiring and when you questioned manager about being safe her response was oh there harmless. You can't make this stuff up. If you don't make there quota or are smart enough to leave early so your sph does not go down your okay. Really is a very unusual place to work
Pros
hours great no weekends or holidays no drug testing
Cons
if you like mental games and hope no one overdoses or hurts you
Unnecessarily stressful environment
Sales Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJune 26, 2019
This company has a very high turnover rate. My boss hired many college interns (paid interns) for the summer. Almost everyone was fired for not meeting their quota. We all sat in fear hoping none of us would get fired. I loved the people who I worked with, but it doesn't make up for the unnecessary stress.
Very productive fun workplace. Great opportunities for advancement.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 23, 2019
I was promoted to morning sales manager after 5 weeks of on call inside sales. We were expected to make 5 hours worth of calls daily and try to target the appropriate target for our marketing. Training and incentives made this not only possible but easily attainable.
Pros
Great commeraderie, fun workplace, everybody treated equally
Cons
The music was a rock music that was good to work to but they changed it to a moody hiphop that was hard to sell to.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Meadville, PAApril 28, 2019
I actually thought it was a cool environment to work in. Upbeat and hip. I kindof thought it was more a job for the younger people to cut their teeth on. I thought I was doing well and felt like a real Seller but I didn't like the constant coaching or that the past management had partners team up to make sales because they offered no guarentee that they would pay for the sale bonuses on top of their payrate so it was hard to really compete for them. Ive worked in mechanical and electrical before and though I appreciated the equipment it the headphones and seats we sat in couldn't have been regulation and when I complained about my back they told me I could stand up and sell. I didn't like feeling like I was bothering the people I was trying to sell to. It was hard to tell when to stop calling or giving them a second effort after they said no was tough.I lasted a month it was a tough job.
Pros
Great location if Meadville wasnt so worried about upbeat people in the downtown mall.
Cons
The chairs or trying to get off the phone at breaktime
Productive and fun working environment
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAApril 15, 2019
Productive and fun working environment strong management always getting the job done good people good working schedule and good money if you keep your sph up
The workplace was very unprofessional.
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAApril 10, 2019
Law and labor had to come in and questioned all the workers, because we were not getting any lunch breaks. Also they had been under review with. them.
Pros
Flexible, convenient to get to work
Cons
Unpleasant managers, no lunch breaks
Negative option billing
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMarch 21, 2019
Shady business practices. When you have to change your name as often as they do (better buys for business, progressive business publications, pbp, the center for education and employment law, America future systems...)something is definitely wrong. Negative option billing. You spend all day trying to scam people into subscribing to newsletters they want no part of, and if they do they have to cancel the service if they don't want it. This job is one giant cliche, down to all the quotes managers like to send out as memos to all of the employees every five minutes. Everyone who works there dislikes it, but are either a) too old or b) can't get another job. They use the same script for every project, simply switching out titles and "advantages" of their service. Finally after they have gotten your personal info they speed through this section knowing most likely you are listening:
"You'll receive the first issue in 3 weeks, the next one 2 weeks later. Right along with that there will be an invoice for the year (yes they are billing you for something you did not ask for). The cost for the year is (insane amount of money here). If you choose not to continue just give us a call at the 1-800 number in the newsletter (customer service is nearly impossible to get ahold of) or write cancel on the invoice and there is no further obligation. Ok?"
Now this person has kept you on the phone for 6 minutes minimum, didn't engage you in conversation and hopes that you let the whole thing go in one ear and out the other. It's shady, there is no other word for it. Trust me, unless you want
  more... to sell your soul on a daily basis DONT WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE!!!  less
Pros
Really? Not a single one
Cold Calling Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMarch 10, 2019
Don't expect to succeed here. You lie to the customers, and even though word gets out that the company is a scan, you still get penalized if you can't "sell" enough of their publications.
Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 27, 2019
PBP Is the best place I've ever worked. Obtained lots or experience. My direct Supervisor was very helpful and informative upon training and didn't micro manage me once I was fully trained.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Low base pay
Good work/life balance
Lead Generation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAJanuary 17, 2019
I have been working part time as a Lead Generation Specialist for a few months. The job is fast paced an competitive, but co workers are super friendly and everyone wants you to succeeded. The job provides great flexibility so you can work around other obligations. Management is helpful and wants you to succeed.
Pros
Good work life balance, fast paced, competitive
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Run: don't walk
Editor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJanuary 13, 2019
Stressful climate. No collaboration. Everyone is in their cubbyholes - you can hear a pin drop. Comradery is discouraged. Old business model. Antiquated management run by a true Scrooge.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NJJanuary 12, 2019
Training wasn't bad, trying to get the executives to stay on the phone long enough to get through the script, was a little challenging. Having the opportunity to take inbound interview calls helped my confidence with the company.
Pros
Half hour lunch break, no business casual dress code
Cons
Pay wasn't great unless you got commission, sometimes it was hard to hit your goals.
Slow paced
New Business Development (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 11, 2018
Slow paced environment without adequate sales leadership or training for the digital ad sales. Very philanthropic organization. Also, good work/life balance.
Run down office, traditional managers, low pay and bad benefits
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 29, 2018
Run down office, traditional managers, low pay and bad benefits. Don't waste your time. Constantly closing remote offices and reopening them just to save a little in rent money. They run telemarketing branches and pay the employees next to nothing, while promising them higher pay if they reach a sales quota for the day, that's unachievable. They also have very very old technology and using DOS and tape recorders for their phone system.
Progressive Business Publications
Lead Phone sales (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PASeptember 19, 2018
PBP was a very positive company to work for. Also you were able to ;pick your own schedule for the amount of hours worked vs the amount of hours related to your goals.
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PASeptember 18, 2018
Great place to work I love my hours no weekends or holidays and I make decent money ,I would and have recommended employment to friends.The other employees I work with are very friendly and helpful and always looking out for each other.
Fast paced & fun/ flexible schedule
Manager II (Current Employee) –  Boardman OhioSeptember 11, 2018
I absolutely love coming to work every day. We treat everyone like we’ve known them for years. It’s always positive which makes the work & day go fast. The job itself is not hard at all and there’s always someone willing to help if need be.
Pros
Schedule/relaxed
Love this place.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 11, 2018
Ive worked here just under a year. And moved to management. The environment is laid back and comfortable. Would definatly recommend pbp to a friend. They have very flexible hours.
Fun place to work where it feels like family
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PASeptember 10, 2018
I love working here. The managers are fun, friendly, and very understanding that family/home life is important! It’s a relaxed atmosphere with no dress code. Your hours are flexible and there’s no weekends or major holidays. Some people may say there’s no room for advancement, but there is! Where you go in the company depends on how much work ethic you have. If you’re performing at minimum standards, then you won’t move up. If you push yourself and want to do well, there’s room for moving up the totem pole, but you have to earn it. Overall, I love the office where I work and have no plans on leaving any time soon.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, friendly environment
Cons
Pay could be higher
Flexible schedule
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PASeptember 10, 2018
I hated working at progressive Business Publications. Management was very unprofessional. It was hard to maintain number of sales to stay hired on and they have a very high turn over rate.
Pros
Flexible schedule