Progressive Health Care Centers Employee Reviews

Learning Experience
RN (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CANovember 5, 2018
I have been employed part time at this facility for over 10 years. I was hired as a new graduate LVN and was given the opportunity to learn so much here. I was able to attend school as well as work and they were always flexible with my schedule. Like any job it can get hectic at times depending on the patients needs, but all in all I have had a great experience and have learned so much. We are currently under New Management and I see the heart this company has for its employees.
Pros
Flexible with schedules
Cons
Short lunches
Fast-paced, fun and sometimes stressful
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CANovember 4, 2018
I have been working at Heritage Gardens Healthcare & Rehabilitation for a couple of months. The pay is competitive and the management is supportive. The work is interesting and I feel challenged as an RN here. I am excited about the future of this company and I am happy to be on this team!
Pros
$1 lunches, great co-workers
Cons
building needs update
Worst company
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CANovember 1, 2018
Compensation was great but it comes with consequences. I have never worked for such an unprofessional facility, that truly doesn't care about their employees or their patients. The lack of diversity in their Norwalk, Ca facility Villa Elena was insane. I felt that I was hired on a whim, because of it.
Although because I was from a different race I was talked about, ridiculed, shown no empathy, or given any help when I asked. I cried everyday after work, I just could never understand why they were all so mean. I was even talked about in partially in English predominately in Tagalog. I remember a few words and had my Filipino friend translate it.
I spoke to my direct supervisor and well he brushed it under the rug say that he already told me that he doesn't deal with drama. Though it didn't stop him from telling everyone which made everyday worse for me.
Pros
Hourly Pay
Cons
Everything single thing, especially management DON and DSD, lack of diversity
Do not apply
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hayward,CASeptember 7, 2018
Parkview Stinks, DOJ is in the facility everyday... management sucks & most of all if you not filipino DO NOT WORK HERE.You get dumped with work that not in your job description & when asking for assistance no ones there to help.They Only care about Medicare patients causes the benefits are the most. Multiple investigations going on throughout the Facility ... 1 bring for abuse against the Resident.
October 31, 2018

Looking closer at this review I see that you are talking about Parkview on Tampa Ave in Hayward. We are not affiliated with that SNF.
Our facility is located in California and we take great pride in caring for our residents as well as our employees. If you are ever in the area please stop by. :)

September 10, 2018

I am so sorry you had a bad experience. Please contact Human Resources so we can discuss your experience further. Although no employer is perfect, Progressive Health Care Centers really cares about their employee's and we are always looking for ways to improve.

Better than most other places i've worked!
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAAugust 30, 2018
Friendly and nice people to work with. Never a dull moment! Love the resident's and meeting new friends. There is always something new to learn. I also love that you are not limited here. There is room for growth and always somewhere I am needed.
Pros
Great place to learn!
Cons
Short lunches
Overall work experience at this facility is wonderful.
Unit Charge Nurse/ Treatment Nurse/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 30, 2018
I have learned multiple skills at Parkview, including from basic nursing skills to dealing with the most difficult patients. The most hardest part about this job is dealing with the difficult patients but at the end of the day when you see these patients smile, is the most enjoyable gift. The employees here are very friendly and willing to help you if you need.
former employee
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  MontanaJanuary 15, 2018
just another LTC trying to make money off of medicaid. ALWAYS short staffed, refused to use agency nurses, and let people no call no show, then show up for their next shift and work. Then, we won't talk about the cut throat, long term nurses that had been there for 10+yrs.
October 31, 2018

I am terribly sorry for your experience in Montana.
Our facility is located in Loma Linda, California and we don't own any facilities out of state.
If you ever move to California come look us up and we will definately take care of you! :)

horrible management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTOctober 4, 2017
Loving and hard working CNAs, overworked, no help from nurses at all, and the management is horrible. Very kind, hardworking CNAs that pull together and get it done for the residents!
Pros
good hardworking CNAS
Cons
Managment

That sounds awful!
However, you must be talking about the facility located in Billings, MT. We do not own that company.
Our facility is located in the beautiful city of Loma Linda, California.
Very nice and peaceful community.
You should come work for us instead! :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive Health Care Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8