Progressive Recruitment

Working at Progressive Recruitment: 32 Reviews

United States32 reviews

goodcompanytimeworkworkingprogressivegreatmanagement

Management doesn't hear needs od employees

Was a great place to work until i requested they submit me for another position in my home state allowing me to spend more time with my wife and kids. But because they didn't want to give my contract to another recruiter, they refused to allow m to to apply for that contract

Pros

Good pay, plenty of overtime

Cons

Management is only worried about their own agendas

Poor management and poor communication

The company I was contracted to was great. If I had any questions with Progressive Global they never knew the answer and would have to call me back (a week later I would have to call them again). To get Progressive Global to respond to an email is like pulling teeth. For the vacation time they say their going off the company you are contracting for which is not the case. You get 1 week of vacation which includes sick days and holidays because you don't get paid holidays. Benefits are terribile! $800 per pay check for a family. Overall communication is terrible. They make you believe that your contract is a contract to hire when it's not. The pay is the only positive thing I can say about my position I had.

Progressive Recruitment insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Un professional unorganized

Screwed out of perdiem ,travel time, flights, no communication, poor managment , short paychecks frequently, no pto poor benifits,overall worst contract company to work for.

Pros

Work truck

Cons

Bad managment

Fun place to work, flexible environment, high earning potential

I've worked with Progressive Recruitment for almost 3 years and have seen the company evolve into remote working. The company provides full technology to work remote, flexible working hours for work/life balance and a very high earning potential.

Oh yes that will be good.

Actually they pay good and offer opportunity to grow in that field, but i really want to work in an area where i can come back to mine family everyday.

Sharing my experience

The choices of work locations the time home is going to be the same no matter where your at unless it’s a position in your home town they work to get you best pay scale and work to get you the best benefits some jobs have the ability to become permanent

Pros

Ability to get support

Cons

Away from home

Fast Pace

I worked rotational work in North Dakota. It was great pay and high energy. PGE was a great company to work for and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Great Job

Wonderful Place To Work While Learning Great Leadership Skills While Working With Amazing Companies In The Field Away From My Family. Always Willing To Help You Out.

Cool place

Fun place to work for. Definitely great to work if a new graduate and a good introduction to the corp lifestyle. Fun training program, both challenging and tough

productive and great workplace

As a third party contractor for progressive global energy , the work and hourly pay was amazing , i was at the Schlumberger facility in Denton Texas and they treated us fair and impartial .

Pros

amazing communication skills

Cons

zero health care as a third party contractor

Good

Good experience while working as a contract employee and good staff to work with and overall it was a very good experience. It was a very positive experience.

temp job

good group of people to work for. this was only a temp job to get me stay where I was at until a job opened up where I was at. I would recommend progressive to anyone.

Pros

steady job

Progressive: A Last Resort To Employment

Progressive Recruitment...Progressive Global Energy...whatever you may call it. A company whose ideology is that people are (and should be) interchangeable widgets and that if the correct procedures are in place, anyone can do the job. A quality company is about supporting it's employees. High quality people do high quality work. It's about time this company starts paying their employees a livable wage in Houston, Texas (the fourth largest city in the United States). Ten dollars an hour is not a livable wage. As the industry gains momentum, employees will inevitably leave at the first opportunity because Progressive fails to keep up with industry demands. I fear for the assets and contractors that rely on Progressive to provide quality candidates when they fail to pay their employees a livable wage. Low morale and complacency will eventually lead to failure. The hours are week-on/week-off 2:30AM-2:30PM. A dangerous time for employees to commute as bar patrons flood the roadways. Whether you're a company or a contractor, I'd recommend avoiding Progressive.

Pros

Intelligent and responsive work colleagues.

Cons

Unlivable wage, corporate bullying during wage inquiries, zero room for advancement.

helpful staff

Good place to work , staff very helpful unfortunately worked one project with them . Don't have anything for me since Dec 2015 . Hope business picks up

Pros

good help when you needed

Cons

not enough work for me

Not helpful when needed

When I started we where having some major communication problems. They tried to brush it off on the company I was going to work for but I think they could have done much better. After I started work I was told that if there was any problems it was there job to help me find another position. Do to some accounting errors with the company I was working with many people where let go because they lost a lot of business. Going off of what I was told I let them know and now I wait. I have stopped receiving call backs and don't get any response to my emails so I guess they have decided not to help me.

Pros

Seem like good people

Cons

Poor Communication to the poit you just give up

Just a Job

Progressive is a contract staffing agency. Staff is friendly and seem helpful but are somewhat unorganized. They are not fully forthcoming with information or just don't have all the facts when asking about contracts or job placement. Once your contract is in effect and you are working everything does flow smoothly. Communication is hit and miss as you can't leave voicemails for urgent issues. Progressive does seem to be a good place to work for once you get past some hurdles at the beginning of each contract.

Pros

Pay, Placements at Good Co's.

Cons

Contract Issues, High Insurance Costs, Communication

Poor Management

potential to advance quickly. Poor Management and bad leadership long hours but if you put the work in you will be rewarded low salaries but good incentive trips

productive

I was working as a safety consultant hired by global energy offshore . I was not involve in the office I was on a vessel as contractor to EMAS offshore who were using Progressive Global Energy

Pros

good money

Cons

short project

Takes care of contractor consultants

When I have a questions I always get an answer right away or the problem is resolved. Great solid company to work for. The company has gone above and beyond to assist/correct any issues regarding pay.

No communication

I would not recommend them to any other Safety Person these people work you till you get laid off then they don't know you any more they lie and give you the run around. Recruiters sitting on jobs and not working a person the recruiter will call other people you was working with and will offer them a job knowing they are already working.

Pros

None to talk about

Cons

Bad communicators

Old School Recruitment

Management has an incredibly old-school approach to recruitment. People are micro-managed, encouraged to manipulate clients, and are belittled for having low call times. The company has not found it's way into the 21st century yet. They are the only downtown employer I know of that does not pay for parking. People are reprimanded for leaving a minute before 12:00 for lunch or for coming in a minute after 1:00 from lunch. They refuse to update outdated computer systems which affect productivity (ex: they haven't updated from Word 2002). The pay is 30k for new recruiters, and even though they insist that commission will allow you to double your take home, it's just not true. There are a very small handful of people in the office who make the majority of the money, and they have their market corned off. Everyone else makes peanuts because they are limited by the market they work. It's just not worth your time.

Common questions about Progressive Recruitment

Answered by current and former employees at Progressive Recruitment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.5
InHerSight Score
4.3Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
4.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight