Progressive Recruitment Employee Reviews

Progressive: A Last Resort To Employment
Watchstander (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2018
Progressive Recruitment...Progressive Global Energy...whatever you may call it. A company whose ideology is that people are (and should be) interchangeable widgets and that if the correct procedures are in place, anyone can do the job. A quality company is about supporting it's employees. High quality people do high quality work.

It's about time this company starts paying their employees a livable wage in Houston, Texas (the fourth largest city in the United States).
Ten dollars an hour is not a livable wage. As the industry gains momentum, employees will inevitably leave at the first opportunity because Progressive fails to keep up with industry demands. I fear for the assets and contractors that rely on Progressive to provide quality candidates when they fail to pay their employees a livable wage.

Low morale and complacency will eventually lead to failure.

The hours are week-on/week-off 2:30AM-2:30PM. A dangerous time for employees to commute as bar patrons flood the roadways.

Whether you're a company or a contractor, I'd recommend avoiding Progressive.
Pros
Intelligent and responsive work colleagues.
Cons
Unlivable wage, corporate bullying during wage inquiries, zero room for advancement.
helpful staff
Project HSE Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gulf Of MexicoOctober 27, 2018
Good place to work , staff very helpful unfortunately worked one project with them . Don't have anything for me since Dec 2015 . Hope business picks up
Pros
good help when you needed
Cons
not enough work for me
Not helpful when needed
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77010September 28, 2018
When I started we where having some major communication problems. They tried to brush it off on the company I was going to work for but I think they could have done much better.
After I started work I was told that if there was any problems it was there job to help me find another position. Do to some accounting errors with the company I was working with many people where let go because they lost a lot of business. Going off of what I was told I let them know and now I wait.
I have stopped receiving call backs and don't get any response to my emails so I guess they have decided not to help me.
Pros
Seem like good people
Cons
Poor Communication to the poit you just give up
Just a Job
Designer/Drafter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 9, 2018
Progressive is a contract staffing agency. Staff is friendly and seem helpful but are somewhat unorganized. They are not fully forthcoming with information or just don't have all the facts when asking about contracts or job placement. Once your contract is in effect and you are working everything does flow smoothly. Communication is hit and miss as you can't leave voicemails for urgent issues. Progressive does seem to be a good place to work for once you get past some hurdles at the beginning of each contract.
Pros
Pay, Placements at Good Co's.
Cons
Contract Issues, High Insurance Costs, Communication
Poor Management
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2018
potential to advance quickly. Poor Management and bad leadership
long hours but if you put the work in you will be rewarded
low salaries but good incentive trips
productive
Offshore Safety Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2018
I was working as a safety consultant hired by global energy offshore . I was not involve in the office I was on a vessel as contractor to EMAS offshore who were using Progressive Global Energy
Pros
good money
Cons
short project
Takes care of contractor consultants
Senior Field HSSE Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 2, 2017
When I have a questions I always get an answer right away or the problem is resolved. Great solid company to work for. The company has gone above and beyond to assist/correct any issues regarding pay.
No communication
Safety tech (Former Employee) –  Runge, TXFebruary 7, 2016
I would not recommend them to any other Safety Person these people work you till you get laid off then they don't know you any more they lie and give you the run around. Recruiters sitting on jobs and not working a person the recruiter will call other people you was working with and will offer them a job knowing they are already working.
Pros
None to talk about
Cons
Bad communicators
Old School Recruitment
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Management has an incredibly old-school approach to recruitment.
People are micro-managed, encouraged to manipulate clients, and are belittled for having low call times.

The company has not found it's way into the 21st century yet.
They are the only downtown employer I know of that does not pay for parking. People are reprimanded for leaving a minute before 12:00 for lunch or for coming in a minute after 1:00 from lunch. They refuse to update outdated computer systems which affect productivity (ex: they haven't updated from Word 2002).

The pay is 30k for new recruiters, and even though they insist that commission will allow you to double your take home, it's just not true. There are a very small handful of people in the office who make the majority of the money, and they have their market corned off. Everyone else makes peanuts because they are limited by the market they work.

It's just not worth your time.
Conscientious Employees
safety specialist (Former Employee) –  Tx.December 17, 2015
Explaining safety to audits to employees, how to explain safety aspects to employees, management was great to work for, co-workers were good to work with, traveling, was meeting people.
Pros
Understanding their employees.
Cons
Not being able to contact them on phone.
Great company to work for
FIELD HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIROMENTAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Kenedy, TXNovember 22, 2015
I worked independently in the field environment but the management team was always available when needed. Very friendly and supportive staff .
Great people to work with
Drilling HSSE Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 27, 2015
I was very happy working for PGE and would recommend this group to anyone. Due to the slow down I am laid off but would gladly go back to work for them.
Great Company to work for without any problems
HSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ingleside, TXOctober 4, 2015
I've worked for several companies and this one has exceeded all my expectations. Great staff and great work ethics, No question goes un answered.
Pros
Great Team work
Cons
Termination of contract
Good to work for.
Environmental Solutions Supervisor (Current Employee) –  United KingdomSeptember 29, 2015
They are a recruitment company used by many overseas companies now days. They always pay on time and have really good management. They are also quick to respond to any questions that I have sent via email.
Good place to start in offshore logistics
Offshore Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxJuly 2, 2015
Progressive has lots of job openings and opportunities to get started in the oil field. They have lots of jobs overseas as well.
Great way to rate companies.
HSE/Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work at EMAS Marine Base consisted of safety meetings, audits, safety over site of employees, and permit writing of all work on site.
Pros
Great employees to work with.
Cons
Not enough support from management with safety reoccuring safety issues.
Good administrative support
HSE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2015
All the staff at Progressive were kind courteous and friendly. Any time I had any type of issues there was always someone available to handle my affairs.
Progressive Global
assist the engineer (Former Employee) –  Houton, TXNovember 13, 2014
Worked on PHDWin adding well information. This was my first time working in PHDWin and found it user friendly. I put together a PowerPoint presentation for a management meeting. Added production information in an Excel spreadsheet. Maintained production Excel spreadsheet for all wells.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Contract ended
Supportive with many hours to work
BOP Inspector and Surveyor (Current Employee) –  NOV PCGFebruary 25, 2014
Worked as BOP inspector. Third party witness. Learned about all aspects of the oil and gas service industry. Please see my resume for more information.
Pros
payed drive time and milage
Cons
unpredictable schedule
Never Pay on time or right amount
Production Technician, Oxy (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJanuary 20, 2014
constantly had to call to correct pay amount. Their system is intentionally complicated to hide their errors which are always in their favor.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
hard to keep track of pay