Progressive
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Progressive:

Progressive Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA7 reviews
Progressive's work culture is an interesting one that helps breed productivity. Managers and supervisors are understanding and helpful and are open to helping you grow as an employee and as an individual.
I had a great start but was shuffled around from manager to manager. This was not to my benefit because they all required different things. IIt was a very political environment when it is time for promotion. mgmt pretends to listen but they fail to ensure that change lasts....
Pros
Salary for the role is higher than most insurance carriers
Cons
benefits changes were not to our benefit, very greedy company
Progressive is a great company. However being a Claims Adjuster just makes you really rethink applying to the job in the first place. The workflow is very overwhelming and the expectations and requirements are excessive.
Progressive is a great company to work for. A typical day for me consist of claim investigation. I have learned that accidents can be very complex and attention to detail is always necessary. The work place culture is friendly. The most difficult part of the job is telling an insured their car is considered to be a total loss. The most enjoyable part of the job is pleasing the customers.
Driving around the county, not chained to a desk. Great fellow workers and support. Learned how to plan my day, so as to save time. Hardest part of the job was settling injury claims. My favorite part was handling physical damage to vehicle and writing estimates.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very busy after snowstorms.
A typical work day consists of multi-tasking and incorporating outstanding customer service skills with administrative duties.

I have learned during my time with the company how to work efficiently, quickly, and accurately.

My coworkers and I have a great relationship; we always work together as a team.

The hardest part of my job would be the lack of consistency with receiving positive feedback.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with the customers. I truly love to give customer service with a standard of excellence, being able to smile and make their day better is the best form of motivation.
Cons
micro-management
Constant interaction with customer via email, phone, and face to face.