Progressive Employee Reviews

Progressive Life
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Less stressful job I had in my life! I love it! Opportunities to move up are fast and easy. Very friendly staff and treat you like a person and not just a robot.
Pros
Take lunches when you want.
Overall Experience
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monument, COJanuary 19, 2018
This company was amazing to work for in 2011 when I first started here. By time I left in 2014 it was a completely different story, all they cared about was the bottom line. Be prepared to hit all of your numbers or you will be warned and eventually terminated. I decided to leave because they were taking away all of the flexible schedules and implementing schedules based on your job performance. I was missing time due to an Auto accident so I assumed and was basically told I would get a shift I didn't want. With two young kids and Dr. appointments that just wasn't feasible. As time went on I asked more people how they felt about the workplace. I learned many of them were on meds to cope with the stress. I put my 2 weeks in and couldn't be happier.
Pros
Lunch in house, Great benifits
Cons
Mandatory overtime, Management, First call resolution, clicks
Glad this is over with
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 19, 2018
It was a typical call center environment. You have people burnout. You have reps that won't get a raise due to attendance issues that are over a year old. You have impersonal dealings as you are just a number. There were so many people that were not getting yearly reviews and raises.
Stressful
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 19, 2018
Call volume is outrageous. No break in between calls to take a breath or drink some water. Advancement is difficult in my opinion. Whatever you do, do not get stuck in sales, it is what I refer to as the "bottom feeders of Progressive". Underpaid, under appreciated and over worked, in my opinion. High stress job. However, the Communication is constant and the Benefits are great.
Great Company to work for
Claims Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJanuary 18, 2018
I will continue to try to get this job back, best job I ever had. Flexible schedule, supportive staff and management. Great pay and amazing medical, dental & vision.
Progressive Claims Adjuster
Supervisor- Claims (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 17, 2018
This was a great work environment that required a high level of multi-tasking and flexibility. I only left the company to pursue parenthood. My team was excellent and I enjoyed the complexity of the position and my coworkers.
good place to work
Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 17, 2018
relocated to co to work for them and was with them over a year. enjoyed the facility and perks. didn't feel as if I was being compensated enough for the amount of work that is required, especially when other companies that require similar metrics pay more.
Mixed Experience- Good Company
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Good company with a solid culture. Significantly more opportunities at larger offices and the large hubs. Career advancement significantly impact by the engagement of upper level leaders. Very few opportunities outside of the 1st level of management as the company does a re-organization every 3-4 years.
Pros
Bonus, Time off availability
Cons
Career is in the hands of direct manager for good or bad
team atmosphere and lots of kudos to staff
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2018
This is a call center and very much a team effort. Lots of support from management and supervisors. Always looking at the best in everyone as the phone calls could be stressful.
Pros
great management support
Cons
boring job, answering calls all day in a call center
Long Hours
Claims Generalist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2018
The company keeps growing but they are not adding the personal to keep up with the demand. Instead management keeps asking more of their associates that are already working long hours.
Good if getting yelled at doesn't bother you
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJanuary 15, 2018
Great company, terrible customers. Only recommended for people who can let getting yelled at go as soon as it happens. Company does their best to mitigate this and support employees.
Pros
Amazing art collection on display throughout building, great benefits, very pro - employee
Cons
High stress, new hires can't change their schedule for the first 6 months
Great company overall
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 14, 2018
Customers are amazing, a couple of escalations but hardly any company errors, usually it's grown adults trying to blame others for their mistakes. Open door policy is great. Management isn't much helpful. You'll never get an accurate answer, you'll have to go through dozens of other people to get your question answered. I wish they offered more schedule flexibility for students but if you're looking for a job that will just cover your bills, this one's it.
Pros
Pto, Gym, Benefits
Cons
Management, Long hours
Great employer
Claims Specialist Intermediate (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJanuary 14, 2018
Lots of growth and many advancement opportunities. Wonderful company culture. Diversity is encouraged and celebrated. Very high paced environment with constant change to stay competitive.
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2018
Great place to work has good benefits and lots of room for advancement. They have really good training and you never have to feel like you don't know what you are doing because the managers and coaches are very helpful. You always get feedback on how your work performance is. Overall Progressive is a nice place to work.
productive and very good work enviroment
Customer service / Sales (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 12, 2018
a typical day at Progressive was dealing with customer issues and taking payments, the management team was very supportive, I was able to learn in an enriching environment and friendly people. would recommend this company to everyone that has the opportunity to join them.
Pros
work out center, wellness center, cafe
Cons
healthcare was expensive
Would not recomened
ACCOUNT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 12, 2018
Very cult like . A very leveraging and manipulative working style. Did not treat their agents with a partnership. Very heavy handed. Would not recommend as a good place to work.
Good job for a person that can dedicate 10 hours a day to it.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 11, 2018
High call volume both inbound and outbound, most people often work during lunch breaks, after hours and on weekends due to amount of overlapping job functions.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Higher than normal expectations to juggle multiple duties
The Most enjoyable part of the job
Special Lines Consultant (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 11, 2018
The company offered a great yearly bonus, came right before Christmas. The company also rewarded top performers through out the entire year. You could earn extra pay based on your performance.
An Amazing Place to Work!
Claims Contact/Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2018
On a typical day at work, I routinely took information related to automobile claims, then routed the information to a local claims office to be assigned to an adjuster. It was sometimes stressful, especially during periods of high call volume, but I generally found it to be relaxed.

Management was generally easygoing and supportive. They presented feedback tactfully, and your errors were looked at as opportunities for improvement. They even took the opportunity to help you develop your skills, and encouraged you to apply for more challenging roles.

The workplace culture was overwhelmingly positive. I really enjoyed interacting with my coworkers. Also, the company has a lot of art they display in their offices. It was almost like working in an art museum! The call centers in which I worked also had at least one cafeteria where you could get a very good meal and chat with your colleagues.

The hardest part of the job was having to tell customers you couldn't answer their questions, or talking with someone who had lost a family member in an accident. The most enjoyable part was walking around and looking at the art while I was on a break.
Pros
Good management, pleasant work environment, great benefits!
Cons
Frequent changes to procedures which were usually soon reversed
Fun place to work
Inbound Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 10, 2018
It was a great place to work. I was a passenger in a car accident which caused health problems. I did not qualify for FMLA. Inbound sales was not that hard due to the training was excellent.
Pros
Great people work here
Cons
FMLA had to wait for 1 full year before I could qualify

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.