Progressive Employee Reviews

Fun and interactive
Quality Assurance Ananlyst III (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Hts, OHSeptember 24, 2018
I worked very hard at Progressive. The comp was good and the benefits. I had a lot of opportunity for advancement which I did take advantage of. Good company to work for.
Pros
work from home
Cons
too many long hours with overseas clients
Commerical Auto
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHSeptember 24, 2018
It was a very busy position, we answered anywhere from 80-100 calls per day. I learned the commercial auto policies and how to order mvr's, forward insurance policies and driving records to different states, take payment over the phone and send receipts of payment to different states. Management was very supportive of their staff, we were not allowed to be talked to or disrespected in any type of way from agents, policy holders or the state. The hardest part of the position was helping a policy holder get their policy reinstated so their vehicle(s) or fleet of trucks would not be shut down by the state, it took time to get it done and sometimes the policy holder did not understand or agree with the process which we would have to explain and keep them posted on the progress. The enjoyable part were the lunches, gift cards and gain-sharing we would receive every year based on the company overall productivity.
Pros
Gain-sharing
Cons
Call volume
Great Environment, with good values.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 22, 2018
Progressive was great company to work for and exhibits great values, with a relaxed management style that was all inclusive. However the career advancement path was disappointing and included hurdles of which one had no control over. Their "Guidelines" Intranet research system was fundamentally difficult to navigate and use. This is very important as this is the main system used to provide information to policy holders. I feel as this systems navigation can be well improved upon
Pros
Cafeteria, break rooms, gym, employee accommodations
Cons
Short breaks, ergonomic stress, limited ability to assist policy holders
Challenging, yet rewarding
CLAIMS GENERALIST ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNSeptember 22, 2018
Every day is a different day and you feel like you are always learning something new. Everyone I work with is helpful and knowledgeable. All or most managers started out at the beginning/entry level, so they understand their employees and always provide great feedback. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of all your work. You're going to get new claims, many calls, work old claims, and very few slow/light days. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to come to a resolution for our customers.
Pros
Experience is rewarding
Cons
Time sensitivity
Competitive and Stressful
PIP Claims Rep (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 21, 2018
Stressful environment,
Great training and License opportunities
Management available, open door policies
Very competitive
Lots of Paperwork
Fun events
Pros
Activities
Cons
cut throat
Great culture
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 21, 2018
My personal manager was very combative with her team and made the day very stressful. While the company has an open door policy, myself and other members of my team bringing this issue to HR and upper management fell upon deaf ears.
Good Work Environment.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  wisconsinSeptember 20, 2018
Productive and fast pace work environment. Good leadership and company that cares about its employees. Good benefits. Enjoy working with all team members. Many opportunities for advancement.
stressful
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 20, 2018
There are too many activities to explain here, but it is extremely stressful. If you do not exceed immediately you will never get promoted.
Management is horrible. They say their goals are behavior based, when in reality it is all a numbers game. If you are not consistently meeting their metrics you will be threatened on a constantly basis of possible termination.
The culture is horrible. Everyone I worked with was great however, the company favors individuals who succeed immediately and will promote them ASAP the average employee is constantly in fear of termination. Management acts like they care but they do not. Everything is about the end of the year gainshare (end of the year bonus). If you aren't meeting your metrics they loose a percentage of their gainshare and constantly will remind you of it.
The hardest part of the job is meeting the company demands. You wear so many hats, its impossible to keep up. I worked 12 hour days ( on salary) for 7-8 months and got nowhere.
The nice part of the job is the pay however, health, dental in vision, is poor. Their company match is good.
Billing & Invoicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2018
Progressive Life Center is an awesome place to work.... I have enjoyed the learning opportunities that have presented itself, also I am excited about the opportunity the youth have to make a difference in their lives and someone else's!!
Pros
Benefits, paid holidays, trainings etc
Cons
Lack of advancement, Contract negotiated each new fiscal year
It was a good workplace
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2018
This was a company of Home Health care I know it has the same name of other company of insurance. However, they have the same name in common but type of work is very different. therefore, Progressive Home Health Care job was the type of job that emphasis in a plan of care. If you follow all the instructions given by the nurse everything is gonna be fine.
Pros
You can choose whether if you want to stay in the given case or not.
Cons
You have to be very patient in case you dont find a good case.
Full time job required decision making and active problem resolution to reach a accurate liability decisions and creating a great customer experiance
Clams Generalist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLSeptember 19, 2018
- Come in and check email/voicemails
- Handle new claims for the day
- Follow up on claims from previous days to bring them to resolution
- Manage customer service calls and meet expectations
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
work life balance and unorganized managment
SENIOR CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  Riverview flSeptember 18, 2018
Nice culture heavy workload, no work life balance incentives, management was horrible and very unapproachable-I would recommend for a person who is goal oriented
Pros
Cons
Heavy workload
Progressive
Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 18, 2018
Cafe
Benefits
Time off
Relaxed goals
Time between calls
Great management
Great pay
Lots of incentives
Employee referrals
Gym
Bonuses
Very fun and learning place to grow
Contractor-IT (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2018
Loved the customer relation to the IT department that I tried to establish while I was there to make them feel better about computers and not to be so frustrated with the IT staffing
Pros
Ability to work with a lot of diversity
Cons
traffic going home Route 8
Work hard and feel productive
Insurance Adjuster - Medical Claims (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2018
You have to be driven and directed, but it is an excellent place to work. I had one terrible manager who treated me unfairly, but he was replaced and otherwise, I was supported by 4 other managers of exceptional caliber. I was very happy in my time there and would be very happy to return to work for Progressive.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Cons
The work can be overwhelming
Great place to work!
National salvage unit (Current Employee) –  Mayfield heightsSeptember 17, 2018
I recommend progressive to anyone who is determined to work hard and move up. Start at the bottom and hard work will pay off! The work environment there is unlike any other place I have ever worked. People truly enjoy their job and it shows. It’s a very relaxed environment but busy. The perks the company offers is amazing and your spouse will also get to enjoy the perks as well. They have their own health center which have amazing doctors who take time to listen and help you unlike normal primary doctors. The vacation time is also amazing as you can build up as much as you want and use it. I would recommend getting your foot in Th door with a lower job and working your way up to gain experience and knowledge because there is so much to learn in the insurance world. If you don’t like your position there is sooo many other departments you can move to to help make a difference in the company without having to find a new job.
Pros
Pay, vacation time, building perks, team mates, great supervisors, health center, perks for your spouse
Cons
parking
Great company with fitness center
Claims Loss Reporting Rep (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village OhioSeptember 17, 2018
Progressive was a great company with great benefits. The company generously gave employee bonuses every year. The company CEO at the time of my employment was a very nice man . I had the opportunity to meet him.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
working in claims call center during hurricane season
Great compensation and benefits
Managed Repair Representative (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 17, 2018
Management needs support and training, overall good company to work for. Need to encourage more open communication with staff. Management did practice intimidation.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of management training
Don't work here
Requirements Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 17, 2018
Don't work here unless you are desperate. I was hired for a particular position, but told to work in another. When someone else at corporate was available, they laid me off and had them take over the work.
Productive and great work place
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  6300 Wilson Mills Rd Mayfield, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Progressive is a great company to work for. I loved the positive environment and helpful staff. The ever changing guidelines I used as a daily tool was the hardest part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight