Progressive

United States4,153 reviews

Found 4,153 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,207 reviews
gainshareclaimadjusterworkloadmetricinsurancebalancecenter

Friendly atmosphere

Progressive's work culture is an interesting one that helps breed productivity. Managers and supervisors are understanding and helpful and are open to helping you grow as an employee and as an individual.

Great company but still a call center

So far Progressive as a company is great, 12 weeks of training and everybody is so kind, welcoming, and happy to help you and share their experience working there. Pay went up as an adjustment to everything else going up in price which is good and working from home also is like a plus with accumulated PTO every pay period. But do keep in mind, this is still sales and a call center, easy yet you’re on phones all day and it might not be the best fit for you and every call is essentially different and the same.

Progressive insights

Based on 2,488 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Meh

Stressful. Not enough Adjusters got work load. Able to manage your own time, but very demanding career. No real work life balance. Overall it was a no for me.

Interesting place to work

It’s not a bad place, just what you would expect at a call center. Super high call volume, only 5 seconds between calls, maybe 10 seconds on a good day. The pay is decent for the work that you do. It’s easy to get along with everyone. you earn 6 hrs of pto each paycheck which is nice. Training is 12 weeks for services and they do their best to train you enough for your call taking weeks. Coaches do a great job at coaching you. And moving up in the company is also something they want to see you do

Amazing work environment

Progressive is a great company! They treat their employees and their customers good. Pay is great. Plenty of room for pay increases. Lots of PTO and schedule flexibility.

Bad pay. Good time off system

Not the best pay. Good time off. Need more pto. Only care about metrics and numbers. Hire from within. Better pay needed. Better training and follow up training

Amazing company

They truly care about their employees and want everyone to succeed. Great people, benefits and opportunities for advancement within the company after a year of employment

Don't be fooled

In the beginning they are super sweet, they tell you about how much of a family environment Progressive is and how inclusive they are. They do everything to give you the feels, but you quickly learn how fake it all is. There is so much being thrown at you during training that it is impossible to remember a fraction of it. Your first 6 months on the phones are a struggle every day, constantly being beaten down by the systems, the resources and the customers. They claim they don't look at metrics, but then you are being called out if you spend 1 second too long in a certain phone mode. They claim they do not micromanage you, but you are always under a microscope. Any personal resource you need is never available, they only time you see them is when you are being reprimanded. The pay is very low for what you are doing and what you are expected to know. Medical benefits are expensive and a joke. Need to go for a virtual doctor visit? $100 minimum for that visit, medication is extremely high. Work life balance is really non existent. Don't be fooled by all the warm and fuzzies they give you in the beginning!!!!!

Great company

Progressive really is a great company to work for. Wish they would've had more room to advance to a different role. Felt stuck in my position, which I grew to dispise.

Productive and Fun workepalce

Everyone is free to be themselves. They don't really care what you were or how you do your hair and they want to make sure that everyone is comfortable to do their job. I think that they really try to make sure they are inclusive with everything that they do.

This job is just terrible

It feels like you’re working at a call center, phone rings all day. Customers demand to speak to a supervisor if you don’t return their call within five minutes. Supervisors will tell you how to do things a certain way and then turn around and tell you that way is wrong and act like it’s your fault. You have to deal with angry customers that don’t understand how insurance works and also have no idea what their policy limits are. There is generous paid time off, but they are not understanding if you have to take off because you’re sick or other issues come up, and your claims will pile up. Supervisors can call out of work whenever they want and it’s okay. They make you do things that are not in your job description. Company is super woke, so if you don’t agree with their ideology and don’t take part in their groups you will have a harder time getting promoted. There is also too much micromanaging, if you make one mistake you’re looked at as a bad employee. This was one of the worst jobs that I ever had, the pay and benefits are good but it’s not worth it. There is always a daunting amount of work and you’ll never feel like you’re ahead.

Pros

Benefits, bonuses

Cons

Management, workload

INCREDIBLE Training !

I've thoroughly ENJOYED my training experience so far. I am completely impressed with the company so far. I'm LOVING it!! The training supervisor is AMAZING!

Efficiency is key

Great place to work overall. You need to be highly efficient in order to exceed in the job or you’ll swim in your work. Don’t be overly detailed on your claims but detailed enough to state how each accident happened. I gave it up thinking about the wrong things in life but it truly is a great company to work for with the right leadership.

Best job I’ve ever had

I feel lucky to go to work every day! I have never had a job that was genuinely enjoyable every day. I have been there for a year and I have not had even one stressful experience.

Great place to work!

Great, laid back and fast paced place to work. The leadership is consistently available and cares about your success. This is a place that you can grow in.

Stressful

They treat you so small here. Put everything on you, suppose to be a teamwork environment but they treat you like your dumb. The training part i really thought i wants on the team environment but once I was done with training every man for themselves

You get adequate training, the pay was decent, and the company participates in profit sharing.the calls are inbound so you don’t have to worry about cold calling. You also have the ability to work from home. They have support 24 hrs a day if need help with quoting a customer. Overall great place to work

Must have Time Management skills to succeed in role

You will receive 8-10 new accidents daily and are expected to make make contact one day 1. You are also expected to answer the phone every time it rings and return voicemails within 24hours and all phone metrics are monitored.If you are in this role try to promote out as quickly as possible. The claims you are assigned stay with you even after they are closed and paid, for example if there's a repair issue months after the claim is closed you will be the point of contact again. Surveys determine your raise along with how quickly you work. The supervisors will mircomanage you.

Very good place to work

I’m enjoying my time at progressive. Training is extensive, it lasted about 5 months. They paid for my training and licensing. Working from home is a nice perk. Only real issue is I have young children and the hours make it difficult for a home work balance. Pay is not commission based

Great training; implement it and work with your manager and you will succeed

Great, supportive company that loves its employees. It may be beneficial starting out to begin an hour early and check voicemails or emails to get familiar with that pace of work. Call parties, obtain what you need for coverage and liability, and work to take care of each file fairly within 10-days and your set.

Flexible days off but calls are stressful

You basically answer calls all day long with some being 2 or more hours! You are pretty much verbally abused by uneducated Agents and insureds. You can’t get in touch with a supervisor when you need them. In training they will tell you it’s all sunshine and unicorns, and you are sadly let down by how undertrained you were and how you are left to feel thrown to the wolves.

Common questions about Progressive

Answered by current and former employees at Progressive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.9Personal Development
4.4Career Opportunities
4.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Progressive with

• Progressive
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?