Progressive Employee Reviews

Found 2,073 reviews matching the search See all 2,102 reviews
Job was way too stressful
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLNovember 12, 2018
A usual day would have incoming calls with customers angry about having their insurance increased or cancelled. Job was very stressful as many customers expected free insurance.
Pros
Good Starting Pay
Cons
Poor Training nad Poor Management
Productive place to work
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSNovember 11, 2018
Great place to work and good way to build relationships with people. Learned a lot of ways to operate insurance and help others. The most enjoyable part of the job is to hear the customer's excitement once they revive their policy.
Pros
compensation
Cons
no advancement
Very incompetent management
INSURANCE AGENT/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Colorado springsNovember 10, 2018
We were lied to from day one. My recruiter told me that everyone one starts at the same pay, I didn't find out till later that wasn't true and that I could have negotiated my pay, when I brought this to their attention they told me too late. They told us they don't micro manage and that were adults and will be treated as such, that was a lie. They micro manage every second of your day, we're there for 9 hours and get 1 10 minute bathroom break (it takes half, that time just to get to the bathroom). There is no paid sick time, you are forced to use your hard earned vacation time and even then you only earn 5 hours every 2 weeks. The coaches are insanely worthless, all they do is repeat the same thing every session. The managers have no clue what's going on at all, they would rather fire an employee rather than give them proper training. They push 6 months worth of training on you in a few weeks, most of which will never be used.
Pros
Semi good pay
Cons
Horribly ran and managed
Fast paced
Central Claims Rep/Glass Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHNovember 9, 2018
The workplace culture is challenging and demanding. There is a constant pressure to meet constant changing efficiency criteria. I learned how to consistently excel and what to pursue in terms of workplace environment with future career choices.
Progressive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLNovember 9, 2018
Very Laid Back and friendly environment, Great Benefits and good people. The wages are not that great for living but it is a nice and comfortable place to work
big
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 8, 2018
Huge company with big company problems. Held several positions within the company and worked out of state for a while. Learned a lot about auto insurance that has come in handy
High volume,competitive,team work
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 8, 2018
They are customer service oriented. Expectations to succeed is very high. You were rewarded at the end of year with bonus. The coworkers are fun and great to work with.
Pros
Comfortable dress code, good benefits, taught you to strive to be your best.
Cons
High stress
Excellent Company to work for
Release and Deploy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 8, 2018
Progressive was a great company to work for. Management supported a great work environment. They followed ITIL and always strived to do the best that they could.
They pushed you to learn. They offer a big training center that is Progressive, not some other company. I would still work there if they were ready for a full time, remote, IT person, but at the time, they were not ready for one. I moved back home for family. Other than that, I cannot recommend Progressive enough.
Pros
Benefits, work environment, great co-workers, the atmosphere, the companies support and training.
Cons
N/a
Wouldn't recommend this place for employment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 7, 2018
While this place did provide training to its employees, it seemed as if they mainly catered to people that were bilingual. The supervisors definitely were helpful but overall not my best place of employment.
Fast paced and always changing
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHNovember 6, 2018
It really depends on the field you go into at progressive. In the sales, there are many people going for the next role and be prepared for change every day.
Good company
Claims General Internist (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYNovember 5, 2018
cares about you as a person. job can be stressful at times but if you work hard and follow the process you will be just fine. need to get all your days work in before you leave for the day.
Fast paced and busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHNovember 5, 2018
Progressive is a great company. However, the burnout can happen quickly. If you don’t enjoy being on the phone all day. CSR is the wrong position for you.
Pros
Rallies and benefits
Cons
Metric system
Very Tough place to work.
CLAIMS PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLNovember 5, 2018
Worked there for almost a year, I got sick and they fired me. I found out i had a Heart Problem and had a ton of doctors appointments and physical therapy. They said they Could not accommodate my days off i needed to go to appointments so they let me go. Very lazy management as well. You can be 200 calls deep with people on hold and not a single manager will sign on and take some calls. Very hard to want to work hard when your drowning in calls and you look over at your managers all having fun and joking and not caring at all about the business (this was not a one time thing). Should be lead by example and its not.
Pros
Okay Pay
Cons
Long hours, Management is not good.
Progressive made me feel progressive, until they fired me.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 3, 2018
I LOVED the company and was released based on their assessment of my attendance. Five years I spent with Progressive, praising their humanity and progressive philosophy. I would purchase Progressive apparel for my mother and other family. In July, they placed me on an attendance warning. The warning indicated two more tiers before termination, if my attendance did not improve. The points do not role off until one year has passed. My termination was the last week of October, because they discovered a report following my July warning that allowed them to increase my attendance points. I used too much vacation hours for parts of my shift and the setback went unnoticed. By the time, my manager noticed, I had another occurrence, instead of giving me my second warning or even a final warning, they chose just to add four points to my attendance and fire me. My metrics were good and few people would embrace the Progressive culture like me. People with less enthusiasm for the well being of the company and its clients fired me.
Pros
Great culture, fair pay.
Cons
Prog managers do not and have never, taken calls. They are unaware.
a typical day for a CSM
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 2, 2018
Call volume is high, but calls are relatively easy to handle and there is no metric for length of calls. Great resources for finding answers to customer issues. Flexible breaks and lunches controlled by employee. Relaxed work environment.
Great atmosphere
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHNovember 2, 2018
Progressive is what you make it. The company culture is amazing and like no other. One of the best jobs I've ever had, and thr opportunity to grow is unbelievable. People really work as a team and want you to win at whatever you want to do within the company and life in general.
Pros
flexible
Cons
competitive
Progressive
SALES & SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 1, 2018
The best place to be. Love Progressive. They empower you, show you respect, life work balance is extremely important, they give you all the tools necessary to be successful.
Pros
They truly care for their employees
Environment
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXNovember 1, 2018
People were very friendly, lots of hours, people help a lot there were a few things that made me quit the low salary and there were sometimes that the supervisor wanted to help in another route
It was a long time ago I worked with Progrssive
Auto Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 31, 2018
My experience with Progressive was excellent. Solid training, good place to work, fun people. But, it was a very long time ago when I worked. Don't really know much right now how they are to work for.
Good place to begin a career in IT
IT Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 31, 2018
Progressive was a great place for me to launch into a career that I now enjoy. Unfortunately, however, they miss out on quality talent by requiring a bachelors. In order to prove that I was someone that could be promoted, I had to go to another company and move up the ranks. That was the only thing that I didn't like about Progressive. the people and culture was very nice to be in when I was there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.1InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight