Progressive

Claims Adjuster715 reviews
United States715 reviews

Found 715 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,215 reviews
gainshareclaimadjusterworkloadmetricinsurancebalancecenter

A bit of a find out as you go along

training was great! but once you got into the work life its on you and your fellow training buddies to update each other on things that we werent told in training. The pay is decent and I have no issue being able tomake it to any event outside of work! extremely flexible hours.

Great place to work and grow your career. Benefits are great and a good sense of community within the organization. Would definitely recommend to anyone interested in starting off in insurance

Progressive insights

Based on 2,495 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Meh

Stressful. Not enough Adjusters got work load. Able to manage your own time, but very demanding career. No real work life balance. Overall it was a no for me.

Productive and Fun workepalce

Everyone is free to be themselves. They don't really care what you were or how you do your hair and they want to make sure that everyone is comfortable to do their job. I think that they really try to make sure they are inclusive with everything that they do.

This job is just terrible

It feels like you’re working at a call center, phone rings all day. Customers demand to speak to a supervisor if you don’t return their call within five minutes. Supervisors will tell you how to do things a certain way and then turn around and tell you that way is wrong and act like it’s your fault. You have to deal with angry customers that don’t understand how insurance works and also have no idea what their policy limits are. There is generous paid time off, but they are not understanding if you have to take off because you’re sick or other issues come up, and your claims will pile up. Supervisors can call out of work whenever they want and it’s okay. They make you do things that are not in your job description. Company is super woke, so if you don’t agree with their ideology and don’t take part in their groups you will have a harder time getting promoted. There is also too much micromanaging, if you make one mistake you’re looked at as a bad employee. This was one of the worst jobs that I ever had, the pay and benefits are good but it’s not worth it. There is always a daunting amount of work and you’ll never feel like you’re ahead.

Pros

Benefits, bonuses

Cons

Management, workload

Efficiency is key

Great place to work overall. You need to be highly efficient in order to exceed in the job or you’ll swim in your work. Don’t be overly detailed on your claims but detailed enough to state how each accident happened. I gave it up thinking about the wrong things in life but it truly is a great company to work for with the right leadership.

Stressful

They treat you so small here. Put everything on you, suppose to be a teamwork environment but they treat you like your dumb. The training part i really thought i wants on the team environment but once I was done with training every man for themselves

Overworked, stressful, pay is too low

Training was not good at all. You're assigned 3-4 claims per day. We handle total loss, rentals, denials etc. We have to do detective work also tracking down customers and googling numbers, the work is repetitive. I literally have 10 titles in one position and the pay is not enough for the work I do. They definitely could use a better structure on claim handling and a team to assist the adjusters so we don't have so much work. I never feel complete after a day of work and its really stressful. Supervisors are always busy so they're never available to assist. Worse job I've ever had but I have to hang in there until I find better.

Political

Very political here so don't question anything about your job or manager. If you question anything you will be labeled and blocked from promotions. Work load is unsustainable. They are greedy and spend a lot of money on marketing while they hire the bare minimum of claims reps to keep up with demand. HR is extremely phony and does not help you with any concerns. Super ego's in upper management

Very Demanding

Workload is ridiculous. No one can tell you the amount or time it takes to run a claim . Even management is logged in late which shows they’re overwhelmed . The lay seems good at surface but when you work so much barely make minimum wage

Pros

401k, bonus pay

Cons

Workload

Great Teammates- Hard work

Great teammates… very demanding … heavy workload for the compensation.They need to have a reduced workload… weekends I am constantly thinking about what I’m going to be walking into on Monday…

The Burnout is Real

Like many others, I am stressed out, exhausted, and feeling the intense burn out. The workload has increased drastically. Management knows this, but offers no added benefit or relief. Remote is nice, and pay is fair. But this job just isn't worth the incredible amount of stresss, especially when the job duties keep drastically increasing while pay remains stagnant. I have to be doing close to 50% more work than I was pre-pandemic.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Terrible healthcare, unmanageable work volume

Burnt out

Completely burnt out !!! Claim load is ridiculous.. on top of the million and one other metrics you have to reach … and let’s not forget being micro managed .. no over time to catch up on work .. so it piles up .. and for the amount of work definitely should b paid more

Family

In the beginning it is hard. You have to learn a whole new concept (Insurance). This is not part of everyday life. There is a great investment into your training. After you go through a few claims you get the hang of it. Management is very helpful and patient. They genuinely want you to succeed. It is not an easy job and it is not for everyone, but this is a fair and great place to work!

High pressure low reward.

The best part of Progressive is the people. They really do hire the best. However, especially in the claims world, the “business need” always exceeds the job description we signed on the dotted line for, for an agreed upon salary. I was told in interview I would only see 6 claims a day. If I got more than that for a day, I would get less claims the next day. They gave me 14 on a Monday and 12 the following day. This was common place in the nearly 3 years I worked for them. I was salary and working from home so, I was working 12 hours a day for 45k. I ask about the capped 6 claims a day, and was told to be more flexible, be a team player, and the business need requires me to take more claims. They did not pay me more though. So I went to a company that respected personal time, a 40 hour work week, and paid me much better.

Pros

The people. The days off.

Cons

Low compensation for the job, company does not have boundaries and will work you to death.

Good pay, okay hours

I have worked at Progressive for a year now. In two different positions, first i was a claims generalist and now i’m a bodily injury adjustor. The pay is really well for what we do, the hours are normally 8-5 or 9-6 some people worth kids work 7-4. They don’t care as long as you’re there 8 hours to work. The workload isn’t bad, but you gotta keep up with it. If you slack off 3-4 days it’s gonna catch up with you. The advancement in the company is amazing and they’re always encouraging you to move forward and on. The training is hard the first 3-4 months and understanding it all can be hard but once you’re there 6-9 months you get it and it becomes pretty easy. The benefits are nice, the PTO is really nice and you get yearly reviews with a pay increase and a bonus around the beginning of the year. Honestly I would recommend working here if you don’t know what you wanna do and just wanna make some good money.

No work life balance

In order to complete the workload and chase the ridiculous metrics you need to consistently work more than 45 hours per week. It is to stressful to take any time off as you work just piles up.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Workload is unrealistic

Great Company

Can be very fast paced but, the team members and company are really awesome and strive to help each other out. This position is salary and can take a lot of your time and you stay busy for the entire day.

Unbelievable hard

Just out of training, working 60, 70 hours a week and still can’t keep up. I stay late, come in early an work through vacation. If I still can’t get it done, the system is broken.

Great culture but claim overload

Love the idea of being a Claims Adjuster but find it very difficult to investigate or work claims properly due to the overload or work find myself to be extremely stressed feel like will end up in bed rest if I do this for even 2 years. Not sure if it’s worth it. Hopefully it gets better and easier.

It’s a job

High work load, unrealistic metric driven, stressful, low pay. High turn over. Generous time off. Benefits are high cost to member and network selection isn’t wonderful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Progressive.
Powered byComparably

Compare Progressive with

Career recommendations for Claims Adjuster

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Progressive