Progressive Employee Review

claims
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Schiller ParkDecember 17, 2013
A typical day- Claim comes in you have two hours to contact all parties involved to get facts of case. You are responsible for complete file ownership. You may also have to go to body shops to right estimates, or send customers to service center for vehicle repairs.

What you Learn- How to estimate property damage, investigation skills, file creation as well as negotiation.

Management- Is somewhat of a mixed bag. When i started out i had a very inexperienced team leader who basically said the words i have no idea almost as a mantra. In a lot of ways i feel like it slowed my growth, because she could never help me through any challenging situations. but once i moved to a different manager i finally started to grow somewhat and prosper. However, there was not a lot of diversity within management and it showed when it came time for promotions. In my 5 years there through different departments and even programs and training's i did in different states i met absolutely 2 minority people in any form of management or decision making position.

Co-workers- Usually you worked in such close proximity and that it was sort of an family atmosphere. we worked together well and there was often a comfortable environment.

Other Progressive Employee Reviews

Great people, great culture, that's about it.
Blended Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2018
This is a great company to work for in terms of culture. The offices are brightly lit and have artwork hanging on the walls. It is generally much more vibrant than other contact centers where I've worked. They strike a good work/life balance by guaranteeing time off approval as long as you've got the time accrued. They also offer work from home which is great. Unfortunately, the pay is average at best and the workflow is repetitive and relentless. The whole 3 years I worked for Progressive I always felt like call volumes were completely out of hand and we were always understaffed. It is mentally exhausting to be swamped all day every day making 36k a year.
Pros
Great environment, work from home opportunities.
Cons
Understaffed with underpaid workers.
Good work environment. Good compensation
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Progressive. We had flexible work hours, remote work granted, good training programs and helpful management.

The atmosphere was normally relaxed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight