ProGro Partners Employee Reviews

My time at ProGro
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, UTMay 21, 2019
Lack of management. Lack of training. Loved working outside with the flowers. Upper management would put their work onto lower management with no guidance.
Do not work for Cheryl at Mulberry Walmart
"Waterer" but really merchandising for WalMart (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 19, 2019
Staff was friendly and easy to get along with, but the passive-aggressive nature of the supervisor creates an uncomfortable and tense dictatorship. Planted pots have been thrown, having to water plants in freezing weather, and smiles one moment but fire breathing down your neck the next. ProGro is the least professional company I have ever worked for. You've been warned.
Pros
free sandwiches, nice co-workers
Cons
poor management, poor treatment from supervisor, unfair conditions, not worth it
No concerns for employees
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NE]May 16, 2019
I absolutely loved the job and work I did for this company. Its great if you like being outdoors. No issues or bumps until I was wrongfully terminated. This company doesn't care about their employees or their health and well being.
Pros
Working outdoors
Cons
Employer who dont care about the employees working for them
Great job for teenagers
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  IdahoMay 16, 2019
EXTREMELY poor management, no training at all overwhelmed by shipments management very rude and unprofessional would belittle me in front of all Walmart associates and customers
Pros
You work with beautiful flower outside
Cons
No breaks, did not offer water or sun protection no traing other than to watch manager low pay
Poor management, can’t make up there mind on how they want things done , distric mangers bad mouth you and throw plants at you in front of customers
Merchandiser / Lead / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 9, 2019
District managers have a terrible attitude . They get rid of you like your a piece of trash. You have to keep reminding them to pay you for gas mileage tear on your car for long drives, no training , lack of help , cant make up on what they want work wise .
Pros
Working out doors
Cons
Pay, distri managers
Family owned
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Springville, UTMarch 19, 2019
Family owned comes with family problems. Communication is lacking to say the least. Many situations you are set up to fail. Problem solving consists of throwing up their arms and simply telling you nothing can be done..
Enjoyable independent work
Lead Merchandiaser (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTMarch 5, 2019
Independent direction and guided layouts to follow. Simple instructions, price points and creating displays and arrangements of merchandise.very nice management and simple method to clock in and reliability of work and hours is good. Reliable hours and for days off.
Pros
Working outside, self sufficient work, part time
Cons
Working outside, seasonal
Great People
Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COOctober 7, 2018
I loved working with the Olson's Family, they are good honest people. I left them for family, personal, and heath reasons (allergies).
Just before I left I had a 3 year old and new baby, my wife needed more help at home than I could give working so many hours.
I was allergic to a good amount of the plants so I was sick for a good part of the year. Towards the end allergy medicines did nothing.
Things did get better at the end of the busy season.
The people and team are great and family oriented.
The hardest part of the job was how many hours I had to work during the busy seasons.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
work a lot during busy seasons.
Fast paced and productive.
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 10, 2018
Fun and productive job. Good company to work for and gain knowledge and experience in merchandising. Although position is seasonal, i would work for company again.
Company has no creditability
Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 23, 2018
I worked two season for this company the first season I made $13.00 per hour. The end of the season I was promised a management position for next year and making more money. The second season I made $12.00 per hour and no career advancement.
flexible, fun job in the sun
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 5, 2017
I LOVED working as a vendor within the home depots and walmarts. i worked with the nicest people and the job was very straight forward, no extra stuff to worry about. you do your job and go home.
Pros
flexible
Cons
seasonal
Productive, enjoyable workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COOctober 5, 2017
Hours were flexible, did not interfere with my personal life, manager was very understanding about anything that came up outside of work. Manager always jumped in to help out when needed, and was always available if any employee had an issue to discuss, work related or not. The health and safety of the employee was always a priority when working any orders.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Seasonal Job
A community, flexible and willing to support their employees.
Supervising Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 25, 2017
I really enjoyed Pro Gro, the company looks out for their employees. They are creating a real presence with their clients and work hard to provide excellent service.
Hard work in the hot sun
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Salem, UTMay 2, 2017
An alright summer job for students. Seems to be too much work for one person at my particular location. And it's frustrating dealing with the incompetence of some retailers.
Terrible supervisors!
Garden Center Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTApril 6, 2017
I absolutely loved the work I did for this company. Its great if you like being outdoors. No issues or bumps until I was wrongfully terminated. If phil hunt is your supervisor you might as well quit now, freedom of speech is a right.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
No notice of trucks, no respect for rights.
it was a fun and educational job
company representative. (Former Employee) –  Heber City WalmartMarch 16, 2015
It was a fun place to work, I enjoyed working with both the plants and the people. I learned how to help people realize what they wanted from what they were describing, how to do multiple tasks at once and how to listen to the customer and remain calm even if they were angry and upset. I loved watering the plants and taking care of them, but the hardest part would be to water everything in an efficient manner.
Pros
I made my own schedule
Cons
I honestly can't think of any besides I often got sunburns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ProGro Partners. Our community is ready to answer.