ProHEALTH Medical Management Employee Reviews

2.4
Ratings breakdown
it a good place to start
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYAugust 10, 2018
Prohealth is a good place to start working and to learn and get experience. They have many locations and many good services. They have every good doctors
Pros
No room to grow
Management is not the best!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYAugust 8, 2018
If you are looking for a great work environment, look somewhere else! ProHEALTH does not care for their employees and the managers act so nonchalant and don’t even help out with any problems. The pay is not the best for the amount of work they expect you to do. I am glad to be leaving this company for a better opportunity.
ProHealth is the worst
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2018
I have the same review as others- they have a terrible management team from office all the way to top in corporate. Too many chiefs - severely short staffed in every category except doctors. No one cares at ProHealth management. Doctors are good but staff cannot be maintained because of terrible working conditions.
Pros
401k planbit it’s not matching
Delusional Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 11, 2018
This place is all about hierarchy. Administration and management are unable to maintain any level of confidentiality about employee complaints. They boast about benefits, and the collaborative workplace culture. There is no match for the 401k, departments blame each other when there is an issue and management will make snide comments in front of your coworkers if you dare tell them you have a problem with something.
I was so stressed out when I worked there and others who have left have told me the same.
horrible work enviroment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYJuly 2, 2018
The manager was very rude and has no respect for employees. She makes the work environment very hostile and puts more stress on everyone in the office. I would not recommend working there.
Discriminating, Teastful, Deceitful treatment and favoritism...
Not important (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2018
Do yourself a favor and please don't waste your time. ProHealth expects way to much from their staff, with "NO" room for growth which they discuss with you at your interview. ProHealth has no type of incentives, there is always more work with absolutely impartial management. Please don't believe it when you hear that this is a great place to work. Those are maybe the ones that had the better opportunities given out then the rest. If you are a mom or a college student don't take the job, the company is not going to work it out with you. The hours that are given in the days worked are not going to give you no life and time, so please think about it before you make that sudden move. The benefits sucks and are extremely expensive, you don't get a real vacation only PTO time off and by the time you reach that PTO time you are really to quit. The staff of course is amazing and the doctors are hard workers and work with you at any given point. These poor doctors don't show their stress sometimes and sometimes they do because the work can be super intense. I have an even better one for you. They try to make you quit your job so they don't have the responsibility of paying you unemployment (disgraceful). The list goes on and on at ProHealth... So we are just warning you and nothing more.. This place is losing a lot of great people including their physicians, to bad for them.
Pros
Great staff and physicians
Cons
Disorganzied, low pay, no benefits, poor management
Unfair treatment and favoritism
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYMay 8, 2018
The doctors don't give you time to learn their way. They don't know how to treat their staff. They talk badly about patients. They call you out on simple mistakes in-front of the patient and make you feel stupid. They are extremely nit-picky. It's clear that they have favorites even if their favorite employees do way less work than you do. The staff is very clicky and talks about each other. I have never worked at a more stressful/unfair job than this one. Im so glad I don't work for ProHealth anymore. Knowing what I do now, I would never have taken this job in the first place.
Pros
no pros
Cons
The doctors belittle their staff. Very clicky employees. Horrible environment to work.
Very bad place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 27, 2018
The place made me Physically sick. The People I worked with were scum, Worst job I ever had by far. Unorganized Management . Very clicky staff, Unrealistic Management. It is cheaper NOT TO HAVE INSURANCE ,Than to take there's. I could go on forever,
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, No paid sick days, the worst healthcare package i have ever seen.
Love my job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYApril 17, 2018
friendly and professional environment
excellent training program for new staff and for ongoing personal and professional development. Pay and benefits are good.
Pros
Pay
Cons
benefits are expensive
Not good
Office (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
I was accused of things I did not do by a nasty coworker. After months of it my boss finally looked into it and realized this person was lying and had done it to others before me. The others quit because of her. There is poor oversight and it is a clique environment. I was really disappointed.
Stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYApril 6, 2018
Stressful environment- out of sight out of mind. leadership does not care about the effects of decisions

promises not kept

communication lacking
Worst place I've worked
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2018
Management was disgusting extremely rude. You will absoultely receive no help from management and they speak to you as if you lack common sense. Pro health has some of the most nastiest patients .I worked there for only a short time and immediately knew I made a huge mistake. People receive low raises I'm talking a few cents yes a few cents!.staff are over worked and receive no recognition . You will constantly be told that your doing something wrong however. Not only do you only receive a 30 minute break but they insult you by having you clock out .Management will make you feel extremely uncomfortable due to their lack of team work. The list goes on and on here with this company. Pro health lacks professionalism please do not be fooled looks are very deciving.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Short unpaid breaks, lack of training, rude management, no support from mamgement
A bankrupt company that will give you raise once in 4 years
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYFebruary 13, 2018
I have worked here for 4 years and got a raise only once. I was told our department was in debt all the time. Turnover rate is significant. The benefits are OK but not the best.
Pros
Cons
disorganized, low pay
Horrible Company to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2018
Worst place to work in. Management was horrible, zero organization, zero communication, never took your ideas to help the flow of the office to better it. There was to much favoritism and unfair. Never got any good benefits from this place just headaches. Worked for an office for 4 years before ProHealth took over and only got a dollar raise. It was pathetic working for a company like theirs.
Pros
Nothing good to say about it
Cons
Poor Communication and lack of organization
Worse place ever with cut throat management
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJanuary 31, 2018
I'd rather collect unemployment before working at that craphole..Management are pure evil!!evil doers in healthcare..Be ware.Low pay,horrible benefits!!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Their con artists
Blizzard days
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJanuary 4, 2018
ProHealth expects employees to be at work during snow storms. They do not care about the safety of their staff. It’s all about the money for them. The office is always short staffed. A lot of the staff is very disinterested because ProHealth has no incentives. More work and minimal raises. I received $.19 cents. Yes, that is pennies not dollars. This is not a culture I recommend. ProHealth never makes you feel good about yourself. Never have time for a lunch break because there is never any coverage for your position
Pros
Cons
Low wages, expensive health insurance when our parent company is OptumRX a part of United Health Insurance.
Great place work!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYDecember 2, 2017
Working at ProHEALTH has provided me so many opportunities for learning and development. Being a working mom, I need work life balance, and that is just what I have. It’s face paced, but it is also very collaborative. We are always sharing ideas and working together to find better wats to do what we do. Love working here!
Cut throat
Posting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 17, 2017
Over all I gained experience in posting however, this company was very quick to hire people with no medical experience and then left them go after a few weeks. The supervisor of the billing department was not helpful at all. Attitude during one on one meetings & always finding something to write people up. I would defiantly NOT recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
cant leave your seat
I love working at ProHEALTH
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYOctober 23, 2017
ProHEALTH is a growing company with employees all over NYC and Long Island. I love the team I work with and my job is very rewarding. Where else can you work with people you care about and help people at the same time!
They do not give you a chance to learn their way of doing things
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 12, 2017
They should really give you a chance to learn their procedures. Management is very lazy and you must learn things on your own. Other employees talk about others including management and very clicky.
Pros
I can't think of anything good to say about this company
Cons
The management is very lazy