Project Chesapeake

Project Chesapeake Employee Reviews

Project Chesapeake insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction

Nice place to start

This was my first LGPC position. The pay was nice for an LGPC and management tries to meet your needs but you have to speak up. The clients are challenging but great.

This was probably one of the best companies I have ever worked for! The only reason I was let go is because of something that I did. They did not want me to go and said that once I handle that situation I can absolutely come back. Now obviously they could not hold the position I was in but when I go back I may end up with a better position. The owners were so nice and helpful! I started out at a new inpatient facility and since it was their first one (all the facilities they have had up to that point were all outpatient) I had to walk through the learning process for everyone. The bumpy road of opening a new facility. The owners were very hands on and always willing to help if you opened your mouth and let them know that you needed help. The company is like a big family and they include new employees right away. At least they did for me. I loved working there. They were so flexible and understanding of the needs of their employees when it comes to scheduling and really everything. At Christmas time I walked into work at the Annapolis outpatient office that I had recently transferred to and their was a Nintendo switch sitting on my desk from "Santa " for my son. I cried. The day I had to leave we all cried.

Pros

Family atmosphere

Great mental health therapist job for LMSW/LGPC

I am fortunate to have grown immensely as a clinician in my time with Project Chesapeake. I value creativity, flexibility, and innovation, and working for Project Chesapeake allowed me to implement my values as a clinician. I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to use my energy and life force in a way that allowed me to make a positive impact on my clients. I would recommend Project Chesapeake to any LGPC/LMSW who is creative, innovative, driven, and motivated to work as a therapist.

Dream Job!

I've been at Project Chesapeake for almost a year now. It is by far the best job I've ever had in 12 years of being a professional! The Partners have built an amazing company and, having worked for other competitors in the field, this is BY FAR the best run Substance Use company in the state! Employees are treated fairly, are compensated well, and are appreciated immensely for their work. The company has core values that they actively live by every day - Respect, Passion, Integrity, Appreciation, and Unity. The company runs seamlessly and has conquered being able to continue to provide elite services during a global pandemic. If you are looking for a job in the addictions field, I highly recommend only considering Project Chesapeake.

Pros

Great management, superb culture, masters of telehealth

Cons

None!

Fun and fast.

I've been with the company just shy of 4 years. During those 4 years the company has been there for me when it mattered doing what they could to accommodate me or my obstacles.

Pros

Positive work environment

Cons

Bi weekly pay

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

PRP Program not sustainable as full time work.

Working at project chesapeake in PRP definitely gave me a lot of experience that helped me get a full time job in a similar field. Unfortunately the way the pay works is absolutely awful; it requires at least one other job.

Owners aren’t great

Owners aren’t great but my manager in my office was amazing and did everything she could to help me progress. Owners had a lot of problems with downsizing and couldn’t work out a right solution.

Awful

I'm writing this for those who are choosing to apply here, thinking oh what a great opportunity..... Stay as far away as possible. If you aren't in their clique, they could care less about you. This company has no culture. You are expected to do things that aren't described to you in your applying to job or interview process that management doesn't want to do themselves. You have no sick time, just PTO time that is technically accrued. You are micromanaged every single day and don't expect a thank you ever because "that is part of your job". I could go on and on, but just apply elsewhere, they will screw you over. Only good thing about this job is the hours and the occasional seeing client's lives turn around. Addiction shouldn't be used for profit.

Better than begging on the street?

Extracting maximum value from the clients in job #1. Management is pretty absent. You will never get even a perfunctory "Good job!" but you will be micromanaged with snide remarks if you miss a chance to bill for something. If you neither need nor want a manager, it's an ok place. Just ignore the snide remarks and total failure at basic employee retention skills, do good work with the clients, and when they lay you off, just box up your desk and never look back.

Profit driven, questionable ethical practices.

Company is extremely for profit driven. Questionable ethical practices. Company recommendations for treatment is heavily influenced by the department of parole & probation.

Pros

Quick employment start dates - often out of desperation, salary compensation on the lower end for similar positions at other organizations..

Cons

Limited PTO - combination of sick and vacation leave

work enviroment

The environment gives an open door policy to learn and advance. With better guidance I believe that the position could be a good step for any counselor who is in the beginning stages of their career.

Didn’t work here long

Didn’t work here long but was a pleasant place of work to gain addictions counseling experience. The staff and management were very helpful and willing to accommodate my part time schedule.

A professional and rewarding place to work

This is easily the best job i've ever had. My schedule is flexible, corporate is VERY understanding, my coworkers are great and the job is extremely rewarding. The company portrays an image of helping communities and individuals struggling with Mental Health or Substance Use issues, and they have always done exactly that. Employees are never given more than they can handle. The company is open to suggestions and employees are compensated well. When a new employee is hired the training manager is sent out to train them. The training manager is patient, willing to help and always available when needed. Since the clientele is mostly made up of those who are under the supervision of parole and probation, employees will provide them with regular check in phone calls to ensure they meet their program requirements and aide them in a successful completion of the program. They go above and beyond for their clients. They provide transportation to those who are struggling and offer one on one counseling. Schedules are managed by the frost desk staff in each office and requests to leave early or take days off are always granted by upper management. Requests to take time to finish daily tasks in between a normal caseload such as completing group notes and client treatment plans are also always granted. Employees who do their job well are recognized and if you need help there is always someone there to lend a hand. If you come to work and do your best to complete your tasks you will have absolutely no issues here.

Rewarding work environment

I have been an employee with Project Chesapeake for a little over three years. I started with the company as an admin and am currently in my 3rd promotion. I am a part of the company’s success as a whole and upper management reiterates this to me on a daily basis. I value my work ethic and strongly believe that it says a lot about a persons character. My work ethic never goes unrewarded. At Project Chesapeake, we deal with clientele who are not too happy about being in treatment. Most of our population comes to our agency because we are their last chance before incarceration. But when you see the haze disappear from their eyes and the light start to shine, that’s what makes every moment worth it. It’s not hard to succeed in this company. Upper management likes to promote from within and has even created positions for certain employee’s. The workload is no different than the workload would be at any other place of employment. My supervisors are flexible when it comes to needing time off and are always understanding. We have 9 locations that operate on the same level of functioning. We have multiple success stories and our clients always want to include us in said success. I couldn’t ask for better employers and couldn’t work for a better company. My heart is full everyday knowing that we are making a difference in the lives of people who once thought they didn’t have a chance.

Fast Paced, well paying workplace with opportunity for Advancement.

A typical day at work involved entering into the office, checking my email and checking with the office manager to learn of any important or urgent issues that need be resolved prior to the start of my day. My day consisted of managing a mental health caseload including mental health individual sessions and mental health assessments. My day also consisted of running outpatient substance abuse groups at multiple hours throughout the day. My day consisted of doing substance abuse assessments and determining the appropriate level of care recommendations. As needed, my day required my to complete inpatient referral requests for clients urgently needing inpatient substance abuse treatment. My schedule is managed by the office manager so frequent communication is necessary. My role as Program Coordinator is dependent on having a great office manager. The office manager handled all of the insurance verifications, creating my schedule, and assisting the clients in completing self screening assessments and intake information. This information was uploaded into the client's chart prior to meeting with a client for the first time. When doing an initial assessment, all I needed to do was review the information uploaded electronically and begin the assessment. As Program Coordinator, I was part of a treatment team. I regularly reviewed and signed treatment plans, client requested letters and urinalysis authorizations. This was done when I had down time. The company has great use of technology which allowed me to view the results of clients urinalyses, treatment plan due dates, estimated -

Pros

Great Compensation, Upward Mobility Opportunities, Ability to Cross Train in Multiple Departments, Nice Office Space, Easy to Use Social Work/Addictions Software, Company uses up to date and emerging technology, Many issues resolved remotely at the Corporate level.

Cons

Fast Paced work environment, Leadership role must be forward thinking and fast learning.

unfortunate

unfortunately had great potential to do well within treatment community as well as with their employees. Instead became money driven at the expense of treatment and ethics. As well as "in crowd" surpassed quality of services and credibility. No ability to identify and demonstrate evidence based treatment and outcomes. Another treatment center facility with open doors, with little to no monitoring by state insurance and accreditation which is just bought vs. earned and maintained. Individuals in position in which they do not have credentials or experience to be in but driving the ship. I was advised "laid off" but really fired without explanation.

Only worried about money - not clients

Management wants to project an image that they can not support. The expectations of employees are unrealistic and employees aren't compensated for the workload they have. If you voice your concerns, you are pacified. Employees are forced into positions with little compensation. Office locations are left with little to no direction unless it involves making more money - which means calling clients to harass them to come to groups/appointments. Management monitors schedules, skype availability, and treatment recommendations all day and will micromanage you. Schedules are overloaded with back to back appointments leaving no room for documentation. The company doesn't hold themselves accountable for the high turnover rate. There is absolutely no job security, they hire and fire on a whim. Pros: Coworkers and clients.

A place where you are valued and appreciated

I've worked for Project Chesapeake for almost two years. I moved up VERY quickly and am compensated very well. I am always recognized for my hard work and effort. I've created a great rapport with my in office co-workers, outside referral sources and those in other offices. I enjoy coming to work and couldn't ask for a better company to work for.

Pros

Recognition, paid lunches

I love working here.

I love working here. I feel included in decisions made from corporate. They let us leave at 3pm on Fridays and I feel great helping the population. It’s frustrating to see other posts about getting let go because of something the company did. If you’re let go, it’s because you did something wrong. This company goes above and beyond to ensure they do everything to the highest standard. They want to make sure to retain good employees!

Pros

Salary, collaborative, clients.

Cons

Dealing with this population can be draining.

Never did what I was hired to do.

I was not hired to do Direct Services but that is exactly what I ended up do and the reason that I left my previous job. They had also recently fired 4 managers and had a "layoff" that I was not aware of yet I was expected to fill in for those people all over their locations. I spent all my time driving from locations to locations. The "partners' would never speak to you and had the HR Director do their dirty work for them. They let me go when I got back from vacation which was fine with me because I would have quit. And the HR Director., Also quit. They hire and fire through emotion.and if they like you or not. I have to thank them though because I now have a job that is perfect for me!

Pros

the staff really want to help the clients

Cons

they are only in it for the $$

Do not recommend

I was let go because my FIL was diagnosed with cancer. I was told by HR my offer would be retracted because something "might" happen to him and they needed someone in the office. During my training he was diagnosed I asked HR if I could resume training next week without being penalized. HR said that if additional time was needed to let her know. My offer was then retracted! knowWeI did and the same day they retracted the offer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Project Chesapeake. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Project Chesapeake