Project Genesis, Inc.

Working at Project Genesis, Inc.: 31 Reviews

United States31 reviews

workingtimemanagementgreatjobworkhouremployee

It’s a great job

It’s a great job but the lack of consistent hours is extremely stressful. Sometimes you have clients and sometimes you go weeks without one. If it’s your main income source you’ll definitely need to consider a second job. But it’s great for those going to college or who enjoy multiple jobs! I love it.

Pros

Great pay, great mission

Cons

Not enough consistency

Lots of promises nothing else.

Their ILST positions are paying the exact same rates as they were 10 years ago. Management has had several raises. The training is poor, expectations are not set when it comes to the clients. There are very few full time positions despite the promises they make upon hiring. Mileage reimbursement is horrible despite having to use your own car for transportation. If you are a college graduate and they are setting up their job fairs, please walk on by. It's not even a decent place to start a career. If direct care staff aren't allowed in team meetings, it's not the place to work. A lot to hide.

Official response from Project Genesis, Inc.

October 31, 2022
Hello, I am sorry that this was your experience and I thank you for your feedback. Our rates have gone up periodically over the last 10 years including increases this year and all eligible staff received increases. As a nonprofit, we continue to seek opportunities to increase wages based on reimbursements from our funders. In addition to wages, we also have robust benefits plan included medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disabilities, and a 401K plan. Many benefits are free or heavily subsidized.We provide training shifts with consumers and a regular staff member so that new employees meet the consumer, get to know them a bit, and ask any questions. We have full time opportunities available. These positions are dependent upon your location and where you are willing to work, your availability, the openings we have, and your fit with the consumers. Our mileage reimbursement is comparable to similar companies in CT and the standard within the non-profit human service sector.We have had several employees return to work for us and are a great place for those starting out in the field to gain experience. College students also benefit from our per diem scheduling options, which allows them the flexibility to pick up shifts around school and family commitments.Our staff are involved in team meetings, which are typically held during first shift hours. We do not ask second and third shift staff to attend these meetings, as that is outside their normal working hours. Again, I am sorry that this was your experience and thank you again.

Project Genesis, Inc. insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Just don’t do it

Just don’t do it. Trust me and this review and the fact that they have extremely high employee over turn. No breaks Be ready to be frozen in for employees who are no shows.

Great place to work and get your feet wet if new to the field.

Great company to work for. Very big on work/life balance. The pay isnt the greatest but not the worse. Benefits are just okay, can be better but that's with most companies these days. Management is very understanding and willing to meet you half way.

Company cares about consumers but not for staff.

Project Genesiss cares for their clients but they don’t show the same for their workers, employees are overworked for minimum pay; Harassed on their days off to work due to lack of employees and unorganized schedules. The mileage pay isn’t worth the gas money you spend and the wear and tear on your vehicle. They claim they have a 25 mile limit yet most consumers have appointments hours away. There was no Hazard pay and barely any enforced preventative measures against covid 19. Staff were supplied a Cingular mask and consumers were not social distancing nor wearing masks around staff. Management had gone down hill, hard to get a hold of, no care for personal life or time of employees. Multiple different managers who never look at the schedules, five different managers will contact you on your day off or if you’re already scheduled with an survivor because they refuse to actually look at the schedule or simply don’t care. You have to request time off A MONTH in advanced. You get no breaks at all and managers will often times try to talk you into working entire days then complain you hit overtime. Project Genisis has gone down hill and needs to do better.

Pros

Care about consumers

Cons

Low pay, no breaks, harassed on days off, vehicle damage, bad management

Left for career advancement, but enjoyed it while I was there

Worked night shift while I was in school and left when I finished school but the organization was wonderful and my manager was always very supportive and appreciative.

Extremely Rewarding position, supportive and encouraging management

Everyday was a new challenge in the onward progress of a young adult on their educational and/or independent transition lifestyle/journey. To be given the opportunity to help become a strong support and motivational building block in the accomplishments of a student, makes the intricate and (at times) overly consuming, off-the-clock curriculum planning absolutely worth it! What was extremely important to me as a mentor, was having a supervisor/management team that supported and encouraged my own ideas and thoughts and outside-the-box strategies i creating a students program. I believe that when working in the human services field, it is vital that, (as humans ourselves), communication and constructive criticism among agency employees is par fr the course when working together, as a team to create the most beneficial person-centered planning/programs/student goals as possible to keep our students moving onward and upward to achieve anything they put their minds to.

Awful place to work

I worked here for about a year and would not recommend this job to anyone I know! Management is awful, and promised me that I would start off working a town over full time. This did not happen, I worked about 25 hours a week for at least 7 months and got pushed to work about an hour away. When I would ask for more hours they would tell me that the only way I could was if I went an hour and a half to other locations, which is ridiculous. Management is so unorganized... How it was named one of the top places to work in 2018 baffles me.

Pros

None!

Cons

terrible management, little to no reimbursement for traveling

Good start-up job

Nice job to start if you're thinking about entering the mental health field. If you are willing to be flexible with your hours and relocation the company is very happy to help with that.

Terrible management and no support

The disorganization of this company is staggering. There are too many people involved with the client care and zero communication. The standards are very low and anyone who actually tries to advocate for the client will encounter issues. There is way too much gossip, not enough staff support and no clear goals for these ABI clients in a great deal of instances.

Cons

Work hard and get thrown under a bus when it's convenient for them

Not every client is the same

As an employee, you learn to connect with different clients. Depending on the behavior plan in place and structure provided, this can lead to a slow versus active day. The challenges faced stem from the level of independence that each client presents. Associated with each client is a specific program manager. I have found management to be at times more or less helpful. I find I am often encountering daily work day battles on my own with no direct line of assistance present. The hardest part of the job is finding a client that you connect with and who you will be able to work with long-term. I've personally experienced several client changes in the last 4 years that I have been working for Project Genesis, Inc. Challenges faced in my time with Project Genesis, Inc have been management turnover and regrouping and re-establishing connections with various managers. Moments of enjoyment are found when you experience a glimpse of progress made by your client in an area of struggle or when a client teaches you something new. Overall, it has been a learning experience.

Pros

Benefits, Recreational activities

Cons

Lack of appreciation for efficient work

Great Company to work for.

This is a great company to work for. People in the office are courteous and helpful. I never had any problems ever. Communication was excellent! If thy assigned a client and you did not get along with the client for personality reasons they would move you.

Not what I expected

When I was interviewed for my current full time companion job I was told I would make at least 11.50 an hour but I only made minimum wage. The communication is horrible between management and staff. I have worked more then one over 20 hour shift days due to people calling out of shifts. If you work with a 24 hour client and someone calls out you can not leave. There are no breaks unless you’re lucky and get to work with a client who gets free time. 4 months into my employment here I started looking for a new job. Many people call out of weekend shifts or refuse to work and don’t call anyone. I would never suggest this job to anyone I know.

Benefits

Cons

No breaks, poor communication, low pay, inconsistent hours

Great ompany to work with

This is a good company to work with. They are very open and close to their employees. They have great benefits and offer advancement within the company. I would recommend this company to anyone.

project genesis

Great place to work, you learn how to time manage and take care of others. although the job does test your patience but it all worth it , time management does really help with this job.

great if you need a flexible schedule

This company is great for the working parent as your schedule can be pretty flexible and you get school breaks, holidays and snow days off when you work in the sess program.

Pros

flexible schedule, pto

Cons

requires a lot of driving, poor company communication

Decent Management Poor Pay

Management can be difficult to reach. Pay is not outstanding-especially with a degree. Hours are good for someone in school, but a first shift mon-fri position is almost impossible unless a new program happens or someone quits.

horrible communication

believe themselves to be a career employer, but they pay minimum wage, no advancements and have no communication skills. Make everything your fault and dont know anything about how to actual help people.

Great place to build confidence and be help to ABI patient

Working with Individuals with acquired brain injury is a great experience by seeing Individuals progress daily and as employee making a difference to your client is amazing from your client gaining self confidence and independence.

Pros

take your client on outings

Cons

be prepared at all times to respond if a medical emergency happens

Productive and a good workplace

Productive and a fun workplace. great staff and management team. a typical day at work can be very pressed at times when that individual has appointments and we are 15 mins behind, it slows and changes everything. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have Team meetings to recap on everything for that month.

Pros

good benefits, Team meetings

Cons

short breaks

Great work life

I greatly enjoyed working for this company. My only complaint was the compensation but it was only an internship. Other than that, no complaints.

Pros

Great experience

Cons

Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Project Genesis, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits