Project HOPE Employee Reviews

Nightmare
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 14, 2019
I worked here for a couple months and there's a lot of favortism here. Alot of gossiping and high schoolish behind the scenes and if you report to HR about any issues such as harrassment and bullying they will tell the other party what is said and will not do anything about it you will be terminated soon after like me.
Productive and fun place where you learn about computers
Student (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 22, 2019
A typical day consisted of learning about computers that included how they worked, taking them apart and putting them together. Detailed expereince of computers
Review
therapist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 28, 2019
Students are great, but staff is sometimes difficult to work with. Communication is a bit of a struggle. Some opportunity to grow in the company. overall, good company.
Pros
growth in company
Cons
not flexible with work hours.
High pressure job culture
Sr. Vice President (Former Employee) –  Millwood, VAMarch 5, 2019
High risk/reward for key positions. Everything is bottom line focused. NGO that combines elements of profit and non-profit characteristics. Collegial.
fun and amazing place
Farmhand (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 26, 2019
it was a beautiful place to work at taking care of horses an helping kids ride them and to see how much fun they had was worth every bit of effort. I loved this job it was my favorite.
Best Job I Ever Had
Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 26, 2019
I worked with people who were homeless and helped them find services. It was a wonderful experience and I enjoyed working with people in need of assistance.
Project Hope
VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 3, 2019
We spent time building and forming a company. We worked hard to provide low income families with food and clothing. We volunteered outside of our organization. I learned how to record meeting minutes, create documents, create contracts, and create mission and vision statements.
Teamwork
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 1, 2018
Provides teamwork within and communication.
Very efficient with getting the work done.
Worked well with others.
Worked with providers on helping and making situations work well.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
No overtime
Amazing mission, great people and lots of opportunity to learn.
Outreach and Medical Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 19, 2018
I loved working at Project H.O.P.E. - great team, CEO and manager were always supportive and fair. I left because I found a job that matched my school schedule better. The culture is focused on patient care and safety. I learned so much about patient care, grants, networking, etc.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Under funded
Judge mental Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 27, 2018
The employees their care less about the homeless and uninsured . They judge them and treat them poorly.
Management does not tend to employees complaints.
Witness a lot of illegal actions taken place on the clinical floor .
Pros
Free Health Center
Cons
Need new Employees who care for the patients in need
Overall Experience
Reception Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 16, 2018
Very fast paced office, handled walk-in and appointments along with an influx of phone calls. Worked with very diverse patients from all backgrounds and many different health issues.

One of the hardest parts of my job was is having to witness crisis situations. However, the most enjoyable part of that job was watching the homeless patients return with stories of how they beat the odds and have been able to get back on there feet.
heloo
Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 30, 2018
I would like to say it's was an amazing experience , I got a chance to work at Immokalee, Copelande ,Everglade doing out reach in the community ,guide them with the right ressources.
Horrible Work Environment
Admin (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 17, 2018
Project Hope's management yelled and screamed - they were under a lot of stress and they took it out on their employees.

They ruled using fear as a driver to get things done - yelling from across the floor in anger.

The CEO would walk by you and never even acknowledge you or look your way. They may have a new CEO since I worked there in 2010.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, very hostile work environment
Intership
internship (Former Employee) –  Oroville, WAJune 26, 2018
I was only an intern when I was a high school student. I liked the orientation and the opportunity I got. I would recommend it to others seeking a job or to get experience in the health field.
Great People Small Family Style
Medical Case Management (Former Employee) –  Eagleville, PAMay 9, 2018
I loved it there, it was very far to work but if they were in the city opposed to the suburb or just closer I certainly would have stayed for a while.
Good organization with a great mission.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 9, 2018
Constantly busy in an environment that allowed for varied tasks and responsibilities. Learned a a greta deal about the health care industry daily. I enjoyed the job generally. The part I disliked the most was transcribing meeting minutes.
Great mission
CREATOR AND GROUP FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2018
I only worked here for a short time as a part time employee. They have many great things they do to help the community. We all are aware that Human Services generally pays low wages.
Educational Experience
Grant Writer & Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Millwood, VAApril 30, 2018
I got a lot of experience working at Project HOPE, but it was a high pressure place to work given the financial needs of the organization and the lack of brand awareness.
Pros
Good educational experience
Cons
High pressure
Senior Administrative Assistant - Finance Department
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Millwood, VAApril 20, 2018
My responsibilities were wide and varied. I dealt with legal documents both internationally and domestic. I also had international requirements and financial responsibilities. I was able to receive an accounting certificate from Shenandoah University through the organization. The people in my department were great to work with and we all shared knowledge, and assisted each other as needed.
fun working enviroment
Receptionist Clerk (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 20, 2018
will always return to say hello staff here is always supportive project hope works with ur hours and days off when needed hours are great full time hours
Pros
willing to work on hours
Cons
not enuff pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Project HOPE. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Project HOPE.

Powered by Comparably