Proliance Surgeons Employee Reviews

A work environment filled with Adults with a high school mean girl mentality
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAAugust 22, 2018
This place was the worst job I've ever had. 0 training, horribly toxuc co-workers, clueless management. No one here understands how to work as a team. It is filled to the brim with drama and jealousy. Since I left 5 people have quit without notice directly after. A new girl even had a mental break down after working here a week and no one cared enough to ask if she was okay. Avoid this place at all cost.
Great Place to Work
Process Improvement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 9, 2018
The management at Proliance Surgeons is stellar. I loved working with the managers to enhance the patient experience and delivering excellent patient care.
Pros
Great Managers
Cons
Short Breaks
No advancement and high school behavior
Medical (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 7, 2018
I worked for Proliance for several years. I excelled in everything that I was tasked to do and was constantly given above and beyond tasks to handle a side from my day to day work (given by management of course). Trained, taught, oversaw several new/old employees. Basically, overworked with very slight increase in pay and no advancement. Although this was a discussion many times with new management.

Once management had changed it was poor and management would rather be everyone's friend instead of handling crucial situations appropriately that had been brought to their attention many times. There was constant high school behavior by employees, which was overlooked by management. I stayed for a little over a year after management changed. After that I could not take it anymore.

I was also never able to advance do to again, poor management. The leadership was there from the willing employees, but the advancement/pay and appreciation from management was not. I would suggest if you are a highly-motivated person, want to succeed/advance, and want an active manager, then you should stay clear of Proliance.
Pros
Fun enviornment at times, Some good employees, good teamwork at times
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of Advanement
Hostile work environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAMay 26, 2018
In 20 yrs experience in Medical billing and coding, I was never treated as badly as I was there. Not a lot of training and the management is sorely lacking. Talk about throwing people under the bus, especially when you pointout that another person is not billing correctly. Sad!
Upper management was unprofessional
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 26, 2018
They make promises they will not fulfill and then leave it to somebody else to break the bad news. They claim they will resolve conflict and they really just brush it under the rug and roll their eyes as soon as you leave the room. The people who are long-timers here are under appreciated and over worked, 100%. I actually feel bad for a lot of them.
Pros
Cons
HR and the Director
MRI Coordinator
MRI Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJanuary 6, 2018
Daily I would open the office and start the MRI machine. I would greet the first patient and get them ready for the MRI. For every patient I did a safety pre-screening to make sure they were safe to go into the machine. Whenever a doctor referred a patient for an MRI I would obtain the prior authorization then schedule the appointment. When results were completed I would send them electronically to the physicians desk top for their review. If needed I would schedule the patient back to see the doctor for review and potential surgery. If a physician requested multiple procedures I would get insurance approval them all, coordinate the appointments for all the testing, when completed make a follow up appointment back with the doctor to get the results.

I worked with a great group of ladies who would back each other up when the office was busy. The most difficult part was getting previous patient records from facilities in other parts of the country. Sometimes the patient didn't remember the name of the facility where they had treatment so I would call every hospital in that area. I always found them but sometimes it took a lot of phone calling.
Pros
Working so close to home was the best benefit. I worked about 5 minutes from home.
Stressful work environment
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WADecember 13, 2017
Very stressful and demanding job. Lots of micro managing, no appreciation, no room for advancement, too much favoritism. Adding very large surgical cases and doctors, but they don't have proper equipment or staff needed to process the instruments
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful, no advancement, equipment constantly breaks down, poor communication, no appreciation, long hours
Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Burien, WANovember 30, 2017
The doctors are great to work with. The audiologists are free to choose which manufacturers to work with, make their own hearing aid patient schedule, and order supplies etc that we think are essential. The Audiologist also support each other if someone has to be absent. Also, the days vary, there are days where the schedule is tight and busy, but there some days where there is down time to work on projects, so it is balanced.
Pros
Doctors, not too busy, and colleague support.
Cons
No meetings, so you have to actively inquire about changes in the clinic.
Exciting and lots of opportunity
SENIOR PROJECT AND PORTFOLIO MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 22, 2017
Fast paced and growing company - lots of opportunity! Proliance is continuously growing and has lots of opportunity for evolving into a large force in the healthcare community!
Great clinical staff and patients, not so great management
Surgical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 24, 2017
I loved my job (the position itself). I worked for great Doctors and knew the position inside and out, well before being hired. Lucky for me, because their training was lacking, but I made it work with the tools and resources provided. Typical day would be back to back patients at my desk and a back log of phone calls to return/things to do. Unfortunately the management has zero tolerance (even if you're following instructions) on a few things and will fire great people unexpectedly. The hardest part of my job was all the side work I was expected to do while seeing back to back patients in clinic. I enjoyed how complex everything was and loved that I was never bored at work.
Pros
Friendliest doctors I've worked with, free lunches
Cons
work volume, poorly managed, outdated EHR software
Omg!
Medical (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 24, 2017
Wonderful place to work, Team Culture daily cultivated, a focus of excellence in patient care,........Then the management changed and a black cloud of throw anyone under the bus came, no one wanted to help anyone else, total survival mode.....Awful!!! And the focus on excellence in patient care disappeared. Couldn't take it, so stressed, so frustrated, so sad.
Pros
The good days
Cons
No more good days when management changed
Good company; management issues
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAMay 2, 2017
Overall they are a good company to work for however there are some issues with the management that make things overly complicated sometimes and makes for a not so great work environment at times.
Stressful work environment
Billing (Former Employee) –  Washington StateApril 25, 2017
Attendance is a HUGH thing for them they look down on you for that. So if you have kids they won't be understanding. Even on snow days. Work load was outrageous everyone is extremely over worked. High expectations that are impossible.
Pros
Free parking, local shopping and restaurants near by
Cons
Stressful work environment, over worked
ProOrtho is a great place to work!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAApril 7, 2017
ProOrtho, a DIVISION of Proliance Surgeons, is a great place to work. What some do not realize is that Proliance has a ton of individual care centers, so these reviews do not accurately reflect the care centers themselves. ProOrtho has 20+ providers and a large reception and clinical staff to accommodate. It is extremely fast paced, but everyone seems to work well together. Staff input is welcomed and they hold monthly back office and reception meetings. Management also supports promoting from within before looking for external candidates, which allows for a lot of opportunity. I have worked in larger "corporate" medical offices before where you feel like you don't really matter. ProOrtho is a nice change from that.
Pros
Free Parking, Internal Advancement Opportunities, Monday through Friday
Cons
Poor managers and administration foster negative environment
Former RN (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMarch 31, 2017
No one works as a team, no one was genuine, stressful, cold, not caring environment, no support or positive reinforcement from management, high turnover, inadequate staffing, management is angry if working overtime. Not worth the stress.
Pros
occasional free food provided by doctors, good learning PACU experience for a new grad
Cons
poor ambulatory surgery management, stressful, anxiety provoking negative environment, inadequate staffing
To much drama
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAFebruary 24, 2017
Management had favorites. she made it clear it was not a good place to work no advancement in life and the staff sucks. location was good not far from my house
Pros
Working with the Dr.
Cons
Dealing with the messy staff
Overwork with no real way to progress
Desktop Engineer/Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 27, 2016
The BAD

-Not enough pay for what we do
-No real way to advance
-Management is clueless
-You will learn but no training
-They make you use your own car

Most of the tech stuff I learned was on my own time but never got recognized or rewarded for implementing better systems. Just more work piled on top of more work.

The Good

-We have access to everything. Domain rights, server builds etc
-Most people are friendly

It will seem like a great place to work in the beginning but as you learn management is incompetent and people start to not care anymore; you can't help but want to leave. The turnover rate since I started has been over 70%
A very productive workplace
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 14, 2016
There is no such thing as a slow day at Proliance Surgeons. I've worked at both the Seattle, WA and Renton, WA location. The day consists of constant multi-tasking, and providing proper customer service.
Pros
Free game tickets
Cons
Constantly undrstaffed
Worst place to work ever
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tri-Cities, WAJuly 14, 2016
So glad not to be there any longer ... Worked for proliance a few years and the last 9 months were the worst and I couldn't wait to get out of there
Cons
Short breaks .. No one to cover you
The ASC is a great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  RentonJune 20, 2016
Fortunately there have been some very positive changes in the last year. This is a really great place to work if you are a team player. Everyone is very encouraging and non-judgmental. It's full of hard workers and it feels like family.
Pros
Great environment, we feel appreciated