Promark Research Employee Reviews

I do not work at this company anymore.
Political Surveyor (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX 2005 and 2014July 18, 2019
I haven't worked at Promark Research since 2005 and 2014 and it definitely was not my favorite place to work. It was dangerous then and a lot of my ex Co workers were there on assignment to distract and to disappoint me. I need a loyal work assignment. They fired me becausemy dad passed away and I couldn't make it to work. I called in and I left a message like they requested but...training
Promark Research is a great working opportunity, i recommend this as your very first job.
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJuly 4, 2019
Promark Research was a great learning experience, it teaches you not to be shy when speaking to the many different respondents and to always be relaxed and never tense up because the promark company wouldn't be stressed.
Pros
Talking to the respondents in a well mannered way.
Cons
The respondents can be rude at times but its our job not to say anything bad back to them.
Run Away.
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJune 23, 2019
I worked there for three months, that was all I could handle. I had cockroaches crawling out of my desk at one point. You are not allowed to have anything at your desk except for your piece of paper and a pen (not provided). The software is out of date and the headsets are falling apart. 90% of the chairs are broken so get there 10 minutes early and move around. The place is dusty and either cold and somehow humid at the same time, or on fire. Sometimes you work for 7-8 hours before receiving a break, for about 15 minutes. You do not get to leave the premises at that point. You have to sign in and out to use the bathrooms which are regularly broken and nasty. They will take your phone if they see you on it. I went about two months without getting paid once. They gave my money to someone else and I had to be compensated later which for a college student supporting herself, is not a good situation to be in. Do not even look or consider being promoted. There are very interesting people that work there and some drama has been caused because of that. I wouldn't recommend working here, it's not worth the pay, if you get any. The schedule is based on how many surveys you get. For instance; if you request to work a Monday shift from 3-12 and you get about 10 surveys a day, and someone who averages about 15-17 a day wants that same shift, you will not receive that shift. Hours are NOT guaranteed.
Pros
Pick the days you work if available (rarely is)
Cons
Just about everything else
Fun Place to work
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TX 75961June 7, 2019
Good place for college students, picked your own schedule and basically worked as many hours as you wanted. Only downside was limited to one area and sometimes had to work until a certain quota was met.
Interesting environment
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXMay 15, 2019
The monitors I had we're laid back, chill and polite but the uppers we're kinda grouchy ultimately it's a decent place to get some experience into the world of clerical but if u can't take the stress don't step into the fire get what I'm saying.
Pros
Cool monitor
Cons
Quota's
Slow job, making tons of phone calls
Telephone Interviewer/Typist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXApril 15, 2019
People could be pretty angry with you when you called them, people do not like telemarketers or telesurveryers. I didn't sell people things, I just got their opinions on political issues. Sometimes I would get some very strong words.
Pros
Scheduled breaks
Cons
Angry people on the phone often
its a job
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  huntsville texasApril 9, 2019
it pays my bills if i have a shift. theres nothing more to say about the job of working at promark research corperation in huntsville, texas. i call people and do surveys.
Great for pregnant moms and disabled
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 25, 2019
This is a great job for moms and moms to be, very simple and easy job. Also a good starter job if you've never worked before, I would highly recommend for high school and college students. They only let you go on break for 15 minutes though, I feel like the break should be at least 30 minutes.
Pros
Easy sit down job
Cons
Breaks too short
Poor work environment
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJanuary 24, 2019
The administration has no business sense. They only do political surveys and when there is none no one comes into work. The cleanliness of the workplace in non-existent, no exhaust system to get rid of all the airborne germs.
Cons
short breaks if any, no benefits.
Typical day
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXDecember 18, 2018
Would make calls to individuals in order to interview them about specific events or political opinions. I would then have to keep the person on the phone while I asked all the questions. This could be stressful as you could deal with uncompromising people and you had to complete the interview for the work to count. Incomplete interviews would not count to your goal and could count against you if too many incomplete interviews happened.
Pros
walking distance from home
Cons
short breaks
It's a nice place to work when the work is steady, but lately the hours have been reduced drastically.
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXDecember 2, 2018
I give it a 4 star overall. My supervisor was really awesome to work for. We called out to conduct political based surveys all over the U.S. I learned so much while working here. I was able to talk to people who were personally affected by the issues within their community and get their opinion listed for poll readings. The hardest of the job is to keep the persons on the phone and keep them engaged. It was a calm, somewhat competitive workplace culture.
Pros
free dinners, and snacks, sometimes gifts for highest performances
Cons
breaks are too short and sometimes no break depending on the work load
Not a fun job, quotas you can't meet, and high-school girl-level management style
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXNovember 26, 2018
If it weren't for the management being so ridiculously juvenile it wouldn't be a totally miserable place to work. For the job and the ability to create your own hours, it was a fair pay rate. The managers, however, are all grown women (I'm talking women in their 40's-50's) that gossip all shift long and pick their favorites to not work and sit and chit chat with them. They take 20 minute smoke breaks every hour and then yell at employees for low production. Corporate obviously doesn't care about this as long as they get their numbers in. No benefits and no breaks, or if management feels like it, a 15 minute break every 6 hours. Even restroom breaks are timed and recorded.
Call Center
Marketing Research Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXNovember 16, 2018
Just as good as a call center can get. Nothing too exciting or productive. Not a career job. Its long hours and a bland work environment. The culture can be a lot better
Pros
Helps with communication skills, and telephone skills
Cons
Long hours, short breaks
Slow-paced, frustrating, offensive, and a waste of time.
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXNovember 12, 2018
This job was by and large the worst job I have ever been in.
A typical day at work would start with having to either call the hotline for the shift time or by signing up for regular text messages with the shift times. An employee would only get the shift times that day, and the shift times would often be irregular. When applying for the job, management had made me sign a contract to be available from 4 p.m. to 12 a.m. Frequently the shift times were 30 minutes to an hour earlier than I had agreed, which caused me a lot of strife. Tip to any parents: If you need to pick up your children from school at 3:30 or 4:00 p.m., don't even bother with this job. The schedule is not very lenient, and absences are grounds for immediate termination, no matter the circumstances. The rest of the day was typically spent sitting for hours at a computer, constantly calling and hoping that God is merciful and you don't get a respondent who threatens you or sexually harasses you. From this experience, I learned that God is not merciful. If you don't have a thick skin, the near-constant threat of police and violence will wear you down. Bright side, I suppose, is laughing at the people who really think that you are threatened by legal action. Even with all of this, the hardest part of the job would have to be sitting at the computer all day and just listening to the phone ring. Management used to allow stuff like puzzle books and crossword books and coloring books for interviewers, and while I was there, management had banned those items. There is nothing like sitting for 8 hours listening to the
  more... constant ringing of a telephone with nothing to occupy one's attention other than thought and dissociation. Were anyone interested in psychological torture, I would definitely recommend this job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that you might get sent home early if you aren't able to do your job because nobody picks up the phone. And who would? Millennials know better than to answer the phone for an unknown number lest they be stuck in a 20 minute survey about stuff that they don't particularly care about. Boomers and Gen X'ers know that you can just ask to be taken off the calling list. And yet they resort to threats and name-calling. Hm.
Anyway, if you have better options, or any other options really, try for those. If you absolutely need the money immediately and don't mind absolute boredom, hateful people, and not being able to remember happiness, then this is the job for you!
Pros
Sometimes there would be free snacks, will hire ANYONE
Cons
15 minute breaks were the longest given, breaks were infrequent, management was never to be found, you had to bring your own supplies (pens and paper), shifts were limited, lunch thieves abound, mind-numbing, training taught behaviors management would get mad at you for, you had to sign in to use the bathroom, the lights were reminiscent of a horror movie
Relaxed setting
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Ammon, IDOctober 19, 2018
It was relaxed over there and it was fun to talk to people over the phone, some times you got people on the phone who liked to joke around and sometimes they viewed their opinion but the main thing that was important for me to do is stay focused on the subject of the survey.
Pros
got alot of surveys
Cons
I was hard on myself sometimes and had to sometimes deal with rude people
Working At Promark
INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXOctober 12, 2018
This is the worst job ever. I hated working here, the managers are mean for no reason, I don't know how they even got to run that place. This place is NOT professional at ALL.
Don't work here
Interviewer/serves (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 8, 2018
I mean yes it is a good temporary job if nothing else but unless your bilingual, you are only going to get paid 9 an hour. 10 if you are and don't try.
Pros
good people
Cons
Not that well paid to survive
Call Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXSeptember 27, 2018
A typical day at work is that you have to get a survey within 2 hours of being there and if not they will send you home. I think that's a waste of time because its a job and you're there because you need to make money. They give one break and it's 15 minutes, which I think should be longer. Also, the hourly wage is different at different locations, which I think is unfair.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
VERY short breaks
Welcoming work atmosphere
Surveyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Managers and other staff members always welcoming and in good attitude about the day. They didn't stand over our shoulders putting stress about meeting quotas which is why I think we always met our quotas. Liked the surveys learned alot about other States and people's point of views.
Pros
Casual Dresscode
Cons
Listening to the phone ring over and over again in your ear.
quite area boring no one talked or associated
Telephone Survey Interviewer (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 16, 2018
it's not a job for everyone, for example, I love manual labor jobs it's what drives me but promark is quiet and you don't move much. The hardest part was the call ratio to there production ratio it's construed and does more damage than help