ProMedica Senior Care

ProMedica Senior Care Employee Reviews

United States5,729 reviews

Found 5,729 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,824 reviews
manorcareresidentmanornursepatientpromedicanursingfacility

I am enjoying working with team member of this facility.

I was brand new CNA. When i started to work at this facility, i got to learn more about caregivers. I got to see different kinds of resident. Now i am pretty much confidence to face whatever situation.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Tight schedule

Unpredictable

You can't trust what this company says. They tell you one thing and will literally change the information one week later. Very unpredictable and untrustworthy.

ProMedica Senior Care insights

Based on 2,255 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Revenue before staff and patients

Continue to admit more and more patients without enough staff to provide care. Push nurses to work on call and extra hours. Managers play favorites and create toxic environment where you can't trust anyone. Rewarding job but not with this company.

Productive with many responsiblities

The hardest part of the job is the disorganization and too many authority influences. Promedica suffers from too many wanna-be managers and pigeonhole departments. The direct staffing pulls together wit, humor, and compassion for our residents and each other. Unfortunately, it feels like the authorities care more for themselves and their image. Dumb processes and policies can override the good without explanation ignoring recognition or explanation of the constraints.

What is the best part of working at the company?Making patients smile and make their dayWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Nurses or cnas dropping off patients without telling me their name or room number so I wouldn't know who they are or where to return them to.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The departments are like cliques What is a typical day like for you at the company?Start with setting up for morning activity and finish paperwork to be filed. Event announcements

One of the worst places I have ever worked

At Night you have 90 patients. How many patients can be Nurse have before its not safe? You have unlicensed caregivers passing meds. The management would never get up or leave their offices which results in the caregivers running the place. Everyone calls in and the management wont cover the shift. So expect to work a lot of double shifts.

Pros

Cons

terribly understaffed, violent combative patients, low pay, low benefits, incompetent lazy management, you are forced to work double shifts.

Very Understaffed and Toxic work environment

It's so sad to see residents receive low quality care. The facility is always so understaffed and workers seem to only care abou the money not the residents. Management is more worried about saving money than properly staffing and correcting employees on absanses. It is very unprofessional.

What has happened to Nursing?

Some days are definitely worse than others. Teamwork, better communication, and the goal of great care is what is fading in this company. The safety of the patient is supposed to be first!

Overall negative experience

Overall negative experience. Training is non-existent. Minimal to no support from upper management. Lot's of very unprofessional favoritism. Very "cliquey". Very dishonest about nearly every thing to do with the job. Horrible benefits. Insurance companies are actually sister companies of Promedica. Insurance Very high with little to no coverage by insurance companies. Minimal care for patients or staff. Management is focused on bodies in bed more than care of patients. Constantly understaffed. Over worked and underpaid is the standard.

Cons

Basically everything

Flexible hours but corporate lies

Loved the job, coworkers and patients! Found out via the news that our division was sold and we essentially had no jobs. Corporate lacked transparency and wouldn't answer any questions regarding severance or if one would be paid out. Kept wanting "business as usual" with no real answers on where our paychecks were coming from or if they were coming.

Pros

Flexible schedule, challenging

Cons

Corporate, lack of ability to move up, below average pay

Eh

Don’t care about employees. We are just numbers to them. Top executives wasting money buying building just to leave them empty. Throwing us out like garbage.

Stressful to the max.

LN staff to patient ratios are inconsistent. There is little backup if a nurse calls out. There are no longer unit clerks to help with appointments, transportation, answering the phone.

The company needs more staff because it is always short of staff. Very overworked for the amount we get paid. The company also needs better management.

poor ethics poor focus on patientneeds

patients signed on by people not legally authorized. People on hospice for 3,4 or 5 years when guidelines are for 6 months or less poor orientation and support

Pros

no focus on patient needs

Cons

poor ethics

It has a lot of ups and downs

At first it was a really nice place to work at, but as I was there for only a month, my hours have gotten cut a lot, I did receive good training, but there is still stuff I don’t know or have access to. The administrator is okay, but is very overwhelming, and tries to tell you how to do your job that you know how to do. And there is a lot of changes as well.

What is the best part of working at the company?The residents What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Unstable more mgmtWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Hostile,more mgmt What is a typical day like for you at the company?Under staffed,and pressured

Good work environment, mediocre benefits

Good work environment, met some great nurses and staff. Pay could have been a lot better. Staffing was a huge issue, overworked most of the time. Benefits were okay to say the least

What is the best part of working at the company?Policies for everythingWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management does not care about you.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Management and office staff doesn’t work. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Patient to staff ratio is awful

At Home Care Giver Nurse Aide

Clients are what made it all worth it. The company's management is definitely disconnected from the overall service. More numbers related than taking care of their people and their clients.

Pros

The people I worked with were great and made some longterm friends.

Cons

Low pay for the demanding work, rushed travel, poor scheduling

good work life balance

good work life balance, charting was reasonable, no call, for a snf it was very clean and well ran. therapy was a great team. Very autonomous in my role.

Pros

easy to take time off

Cons

company financial issues as a whole

Was better when it was heartland

This used to be a great hospice company. They not put a time on how long you can spend with clients and only offer overtime to friends of people that work in the office. Stand up for yourself and you start losing client. Find somewhere else to work!

Pros

Basically you're own boss

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ProMedica Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight