ProMedica Senior Care

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Stable Job

I’ve worked for this company for 3 years and begun low and just over time got small raises. Management shows favoritism and you are constantly watching your back. On the bright side free drug rep lunches and the RNs try their best to help guide you to be a nurse.

Cons

Traveling, Low Pay Starting off, Management Favorism

Good Place to work

Great place to start my career as new professional. offered an in depth training program. Pay is competitive related to years of service with the company.

Pros

good employee discounts with vendors, good benefits.

Cons

no real support to get breaks, lunch.

Great place to work.

I’ve been with HCR since 2018, I started with no medical billing experience and was completely trained on the job. You definitely have to be a self starter and have good motivation as you will be working on your own with minimal management supervision. You are expected to handle your workload and have good time management. I have had awesome experiences w it h the management, as long as you are honest with your expectations as well as ask questions about theirs. Yearly raises, start off with 3+ weeks of PTO and you gain additional time off at 5 and 10 years. No weekends or holidays, management is very understanding about time off needing only a days notice. Now working from home all equipment needed was supplied to me, I did need my own internet connection though. No additional compensation is given to cover utility cost but the pay more then covers, especially not needing to pay for gas or parking downtown. Also now being owned my Promedica we were able to get additional COVID relief if needed and were rewarded with bonuses for working through the pandemic. Overall, this is an amazing company to work for with little to no complaints. As long as you are able to grasps the concepts of the job and be willing to work you will do great!

Pros

Pto, Remote Working, Great Schedule, Great Insurance

Official response from ProMedica Senior Care

February 25, 2021
We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience as a Billing Specialist with the ProMedica Senior Care family! It's reviews like this that make us honored to be able to provide for dedicated employees like yourself. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review!

Fun and rewarding

Best RN job every, plenty of PTO, great salary and 401k. Mandatory OT is low and coworkers were great. Management didn’t care about staffing it was up to current shift to find covert.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Under staffed

Depending on your department and position!

As a dietitian I don't feel there is incentive to work for this company. It pays the bills and if you like your department and your work it is fine and the benefits are good. But if you ware looking to grow as a dietitian, increase your pay and move up. There isn't much opportunity at this time. Again depending on the person and your goals. Also, this is more of a dietitian problem than the company problem. Hence a career swtich!

benefits

Cons

low RD pay, low incentive for growth, disconnect with higher leadership

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Productive and fun work place

I love working for ProMedica! I have been there 8 years and plan to be there till I retire! The pay is good, the workload and balance is ok most days. The staff are quite friendly.

Pros

Bonuses, free lunches on holidays

Cons

short staffed sometimes

Go to UM

This company is nicknamed promafia. They don’t pay well and the work conditions aren’t always the best. They have terrible benefits. You make great friends.

Pros

Free lunches sometimes

Cons

No breaks. Terrible benefits

Steady reliable

Steady and reliable work great benefits Nd PTO. Pay leaves something to be desired. Consistent with schedules. Most managers are busy in meetings and make it hard to communicate any issues

Only stayed one year

I was not impressed with HCR. Very unstable company, the benefits were absolutely horrible. And the other employees must be miserable too, no one would talk to anyone. Very rude people and cut throat. My supervisor was great, but left shortly after I did. Company was basically folding.

Official response from ProMedica Senior Care

September 16, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We're always looking for ways to improve our processes and procedures as employee satisfaction is crucial to the success of our employees and patients/residents. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Ok place to work

Good work environment. Management was ok. Expected you to know everything within a short time frame. One week. 😠Some co-workers were really helpful and others not so much.

Short Staffed - Short Paid

Do not work here. Benefits and pay are all the lowest in the area. 8 years of experience and they will offer you $22/hr HAHAHA. I make $30/hr after 3 years of RRT at my other jobs. No raises. No advancement. Short staffed ALWAYS. Don’t run. FULL ON SPRINT AWAY.

Pros

People, Learning

Cons

Stress, Overworked, Under-appreciated, Understaffed

My .02

There are better paying positions out there, but this has 5 star ratings in Insurance, Job Stability, and PTO than any other job I've ever had in the 35 years in the field.

Na

The company provides benefits. It has a diverse culture. The hours are long. There is room for advancement. It is quite a long company . Management can be involved.

Lead cook

I moved up quickly in this postion. I felt appreciated, valued, and like what I did made a difference. Even as a cook I matter to the Promedica team. My input was part of the warmth ir journey.

Pros

Friendly, benefits, hours

Cons

Mangement, communication issues

Overall a good job

The insurance is good, job is overly stressful due to high demand, and the pay is very low. I made more working retail, but I stay because the pharmaceutical reps bring in food so at least I'm saving money that way. I am looking for other employment simply because I can't live on less than thirteen an hour and HR will absolutely not increase pay after 90 days.

Pros

pharmaceutical reps brought in lunch, insurance

Cons

low pay, high stress

Wonderful people with good benefits and hours of operation.

Working at HCR was very refreshing as you had the ability to meet interesting persons on a day to day basis over the phone. Family oriented and the co workers were great.

Pros

good benefits, no weekends day shift full time opportunity

Cons

on call was sometimes challenging

Ok Company

Work in MRI was ok. The pay is fair and no on call hours anymore. The health benefits promedica offers are ok. The job was very hectic all the time with with very little assistance for management. Little to no focus was put on patient care or experience every thing is focused on the amount of exams done in a day and productivity. Most days you work with no lunch break. It is very little ability to transfer to another department or move up with in the organization even with a bachelors degree. Leadership was unconcerned about issues in the department. Co workers were always understress and very rude to other staff members and to patients. The department was always understaffed and they still would over work us. Its an ok place to work if you have no other options would not stay there more than a few years.

Pros

Health insurance

Cons

Bad management

Great

Great company to work for. Great benefits and great people to work with. And that’s all I would like to say so I am going to keep typing until I hit the min..

Great place to work!!

Leaving HCR for my current employer was the worst decision ever!! Outside of a few annoying coworkers and low raises, the job was great and this is a great place to work!!

Leader in the Nursing Facility Industry

Together with Promedica, HCR ManorCare is one of the countries leading companies in the nursing facility, assisted living facility, Hospice and home health care industry. As a follow-up Medicaid biller in the central billing office, it was my responsibility to analyze and resolve account balances 30 days and older. I covered several Managed Care and straight Medicaid carriers across several states. My coworkers handled other carriers and may have covered different states. Management style was team-based and was typically dealt with employees on a fair and considerate basis. The daily Medicaid account quota for was unreasonable (30 accounts per day). This quota was originally established by upper management when there were only state-run Medicaid. Once Managed Care became the norm, it became much more time-consuming to resolve account balances. If 10 balances were worked on for one patient, that counted as only one point on the productivity log. All employees (including CBO supervisors) felt that was unfair. It often felt like quantity was rated above quality. As a quality-oriented worker, that was a frustrating part of the job. While wages at HCR are slightly better than other companies in the industry, it often seemed like we didn't get paid enough for the level of stress involved to make quota. The maximum wage increase could never top 2% per year. With that being said, there was enormous personal satisfaction in seeing balances get resolved and knowing I was responsible for that. I felt my immediate supervisors valued my skills and appreciated a -

Pros

Great company benefits; caring and responsive supervisors in my department; team-based management

Cons

Unrealistic quotas; small raises

This is not a career job

You would think this would be a career job thinking i got into the hospital..No they work you hard & short your checks! This is a corporation disguised as a family business! Human Resources are there for the management, not you the employe!!! if they short your check they will not say an word if you don’t notice! There’s no paper check You will never see that money by the time you get paid again!