Promedica Employee Reviews

Management is the worse I have seen in a while
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHMarch 13, 2019
Promedica does not care about the little people just management. We were always understaffed in which management never helped out.
When you assist the community it's supposed to be all hands on deck, but not them.
They are too busy playing on Facebook and playing games.
Pros
Coworkers are great
Cons
Management, underpaid
Forward thinking teaching hospital, many opportunities for growth
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 8, 2019
ProMedica is a great company to work for if you are looking to learn and further your career. There is always a learning opportunity available and many areas to grow your education and advance your career. In house training classes are always being offered to keep employees up to date
Pros
Lots of learning opportunities
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
review
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHMarch 6, 2019
I love the cohesion with the multidisciplinary parts of our team and our comradeship. I have learned many different roles in my healthcare careers and look forward to only expanding on all of those.
Beware of Bed Bugs and dishonest, uncaring HR and upper management
Biller (Current Employee) –  HCR Corporate, Toledo, OHFebruary 13, 2019
Supervisors are not trained to do your job, so if you dare ask for help, don't expect much. New employees are not trained, but expected to know how to do their job, and made to feel stupid and burdensome. If you are efficient and do well, you will be given your unproductive co-workers' work to do, and you re not allowed to say no.

HR is dishonest. Corporate offices have been dealing with BED BUGS in the building since August. They do not keep staff updated and safe when new bugs are found; instead they complain about the cost of treatment. They are unsympathetic to the struggle it would be for low-level employees to get rid of any bugs brought home from their office.

Pay at HCR is less than pay at Promedica, even though they are the same company now.
Pros
hours, personal time accumulates quickly
Cons
Supervisors, lack of training, dated office cubicles/equipment, bed bugs, dishonest upper-management
very good experience
Observing physician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 6, 2019
Attended meetings and rounds with other residents. Attended pulmonology outpatient clinics and bronchoscopies. Took patient history and help in data entry in EMR system
If you're not part of the "click" don't expect much
HIM (Former Employee) –  HIM DepartmentFebruary 5, 2019
Employees are overworked. Management positions are being given to millennial's who think they have a lot to prove and no real job experience, just a piece of paper that says they have a degree. If you're not part of the "click" don't expect to get anywhere or advance. It's pretty sad that long time loyal employees are being treated badly. There used to be a time when employees were appreciated and small things were done for employees (for example turkeys at thanksgiving, x-mas gifts/bonuses, employee appreciation week perks) but all of that has gone by the wayside. Everyone is now just a number.
Pros
average pay, decent benefits
Cons
lack of loyalty or appreciation of employees, no flexibility
Very large hospital, easy to get lost, pay could be a lot better
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 28, 2019
Could use some classes on culture and sensitivity , towards patients and employees, Should stop buying land all over Toledo, and, give better raises to their over worked employees
Promedica is a very diverse company to work for.
NA/UC (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 22, 2019
I learned a lot of clinical skills and clerical skills working for Promedica. They have great staff at Promedica. There is room for advancement, you just have to apply yourself and be consistent.
Would not recommend this place.
RN (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHJanuary 17, 2019
I worked here for a little over a year. It was pretty clear early on that management here is substandard at best. If you aren't in the clique or have any concerns or complaints expect to be retaliated against. In 20 years of job employment I have never encountered such a poorly and mismanaged company. The floor staff were all friendly, however their training and clinical experience is not great. Most of the staff, day and night shift are all new nurses. The management believes that 6-8 weeks of orientation along with two 12 hour shifts in the ICU in Toledo is sufficient training for a new grad to competently function as a nurse and care for critically ill patients. Another downfall is the on-call. When census is low, don't be surprised to be put on call sometimes for an entire week of your scheduled shifts.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Management, management, management & on-call.
It’s a very nice place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 9, 2019
Working at PROVINICAL House is a great place. They are understanding and keep you busy always a steady place. Have great management offer advancement . Clean and safe place to work
great
STNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 23, 2018
it is a very great place to work fast pace competitive great co workers learning experience is awesome and you get great discounts and meet many great people and the job is rewarding
Pros
great place
Cons
low pay
Promedica
Environmental Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 20, 2018
Great company poor management. Promedica is a great company to work for but poor management. Little to no opportunity for growth and development. Hopefully this will change
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management
Great employees to work with
Certified Surgical First Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 19, 2018
ProMedica offers a lot of career advancement . ProMedica offers tuition reimbursement and overtime almost anytime. ProMedica’s rate of pay is comparable to surrounding hospitals.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Not enough praise for good work
Fairly fun place to work with a drive to betterment
Training and Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 7, 2018
While working for ProMedica, I was able to work at the CBO, which was one of the best places I've ever worked. Warm and inviting work place with friendly faces and welcoming smiles. However, when the department that I was in moved from the CBO over to the Junction, it was not so warm and inviting.
Pros
Free coffee and and endless supply of bowls, plates, mugs, and silverware!
Cons
Did not get any breaks, not even lunch
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHNovember 16, 2018
Promedica is a nice place to work and I can only speak for the office I worked at. The most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers and the patients
Do not recommend In-Patient Psych
RN (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHNovember 11, 2018
I applied for a day shift position several times and the position was given to someone else. The first time was between myself and another person who both hired in the same day and he got the position. If that happens they have to use the first number of last 4 of SS # so he must have been lower than my 0. Second time a person transferred in who had more seniority. 3rd time, they gave the position to a girlfriend of the guy who got the 1st position. She hired in after me!!! After that happened, I decided to leave. I could see the writing on the wall!! I wasn’t getting a day shift position!!! I don’t recommend this organization!!!
Pros
Cons
Partial to some
ProMedica is terrible
Monitor Tech/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MINovember 3, 2018
ProMedica only cares about the bottomline, aka their pocketbook. They couldn't care less about their employees and how things they do as an organization effects them.
Cons
My opinion of working nights
Nursing Assistant/Unit Clerk Float (Nights) (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHNovember 3, 2018
I love working with the patients/ families and love patient care. Also enjoy working with some of the nursing staff. I do not like the pay.....I can make the same or more working at McDonalds. I feel that we as nursing assistants are not compensated in wages what we should be making... at least $14 or $15 dollars an hour. I am a float and work nights. I do not like sleeping all day long because I can not get daily things done. I would like to go back to days and have a normal life during the day with my family. I have gone down to part-time at the hospital and working a second job during the days that I am not at hospital until I can find an accounting job during the day.

I would like to go back to working in accounting since I am no longer pursuing a nursing career. Working nights is very difficult on family live and trying to sleep proper and maintaining a normal household. This can be very challenging.
Pros
enjoy paitient care
Cons
need more pay aand staffing of nursing assistants
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pharmacy CounterNovember 1, 2018
Job Title-Customer Service representative

Great place to work, sometimes it can be frustrated, because of patients not being happy. Overall good company.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Under pay
good
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHOctober 29, 2018
promedica was a good company to work for. they care about their patients. The pay was low and the scheduling was low as well. Not enough breaks were given when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Promedica. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Promedica.

Powered by Comparably