Promedica Employee Reviews

Unequal treatment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHApril 27, 2018
Very poor management at this establishment. Unequal treatment to employees. It's a popularity contest, it doesn't matter how well you do your job. I would suggest staying as far away as possible from Promedica.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Two many chiefs not enough Indians
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHApril 10, 2018
There are too many bosses not enough workers. Mangers don't know how to manage, they want to be friends and they are not willing to advance the people who deserve to be advanced.
Dishonest incompetent management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHMarch 28, 2018
Inconsistent hours, could not accumulate any vacation time. Employees are given time off when census is low. Lost hours faster than they accumulated. On average list 30% of annual hours/income to low census. Management is dishonest and incompetent. Would not reccomend working at Flower Hospital.
terrible
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 21, 2018
very boring, training didn't really help just going through the motions instead of helping each other. Had to deal with drunk people more than actually doing security work
Summary of responsibilities
RESEARCH CONTRACT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 9, 2018
I currently work for three different departments. They include Academic Affairs, Clinical Research and Legal. I handle all negotiations involving clinical research contracts and budgets (mostly sponsored research) but some grants. I am also heavily involved in contractual matters with the ongoing academic affiliation between ProMedica and The University of Toledo and its Medical Center, which started in 2012. Finally, I handle and negotiate affiliation agreements with various institutions nationwide for clinical internships.
Coworkers are nice and friendly management is very poorly handled
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 6, 2018
The supervisor and managers aren’t very kind and treat you very poorly they aren’t understanding or flexible don’t handle their jobs well at all and they do very nasty things to some of their employees and supervisor and managers
Good company, unknowledgable manager
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 16, 2018
I enjoy working for this company. I do not feel management is very well versed in their job as they have no healthcare background . I know much more than my manager does about all things healthcare related including billing.
Pros
Decent pay, good coworkers
Cons
Inexperienced manager, expensive health insurance
Office atmosphere
Patient Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 15, 2018
Poor management, supervisor is unaware of job expectations, sit at a desk all day but up and down on feet, most enjoyable part of job is the patients.
Productive work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIFebruary 15, 2018
Patients treated with respect. Employees treated fairly but I don't feel equally. Working for a large company can create challenges when trying to communicate with HR
Promedica, Inc.
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Review purchasing requirements and process purchase orders daily
Parts and Vendors, Peachtree, Excel, Word
The owners were great people to work with
Everyone worked well together
Having to leave it
The owners taking care of their employees
Pros
Healthcare, time off, the owners
Cons
Nothing to add at this time
It was a great place to do my internship
Externship (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 18, 2018
Enjoyed being there Had a great experience. The doctor and the staff was friendly and made the work place very comfortable. I enjoyed getting up going there each morning.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
not enough time there
ProMedica
SUPERVISOR OF TRAINING, DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 13, 2017
ProMedica awards hard workers. It has its own internal politics as any other job may have but overall, the people care about your general well being. I would absolutely recommend someone to take a job with ProMedica, because it is a place that makes you want to stay throughout your career. It does not pay as well as it should when compared to other healthcare conglomerates, but it definitely feels like home.
Dissapointing
Health care management (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 11, 2017
If ProMedica worried about their employee satisfaction 1/2 as much as they worried about patient satisfaction the work environment would improve exponentially. Unfortunately, this is not currently the case.
ok place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHDecember 7, 2017
A big benefit of working for this large company is that you can change jobs after 6 months. I have been in a few departments and it is hit or miss with management. The training is good and the pay is ok. You do get decent benefits and they do offer great discounts.
Pros
ability to move
Great doctors to work for!!
Clerical and Clinical (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MINovember 13, 2017
I have worked with really great doctors and the hours are much better. I have learned a lot working in many different practices. I think there could be more opportunity for employees to advance within the company. Overall it is a good place to work.
Clearly all about the $$$ with this company
RN (Former Employee) –  Clyde, OhioNovember 13, 2017
Well, I started one job which was going well. Liked my co-workers and the working conditions seemed realistic. That lasted two months when upper management came down to our department in Fostoria and announced 'we need to do MORE with LESS. We are cutting back on hours and having the manager of Fremont also manage Fostoria' --- basically all about $$$ nothing about safety or compassion for the patients we cared for.

So I took a job in their home health sector -- and quickly came to see that they push home health down almost every patient's throat, want it / need it or not. Weather it's safe household or time of day (active alcoholics, 11 pm IV visits out in the boonies, etc, etc) or not. The nurse management/supervisors don't seem to care about nurse safety whatsoever. Apparently, ProMedica attracts 'yes' people to such positions. No common sense. No practical understanding (or concern) for what their front line staff does.

I quit and wouldn't work for this company again.
Great Place to Work
Senior Cost Accountant and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLNovember 1, 2017
Great place to work, unfortunately the company was sold. The new company was also a great place to work. Unfortunately the company was not turning a profit and was forced to eliminate positions.
Zero credit for experience
Flight nurse (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 29, 2017
As a well experienced provider I spent nearly 70 hours in front of a computer taking online 'classes' about basic medical knowledge. While I may be able to buy into the pitch 'everybody has to do it', at least have me do it during a working orientation. I lost interest in the job after about two weeks of nonsense.

After 24 years in the business I learned something new. If an organization is offering a $7500 sign on bonus it must mean they have problems recruiting and keeping people and to steer clear.
Pros
Good pay and equipment
Cons
Managers who give you zero credit for experience
Horrible place to work for
Patient Clerk (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Promedica has been the worst company I've ever worked for. Was on bed rest during my pregnancy, even had two notes from the women's center and the doctor and they still wrote me up. They don't care about their employees.
Pros
Co-workers
Micro-management ruins the atmosphere
LPN (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 19, 2017
The job itself is rewarding by helping patients. I learned that you don't quit the job, you quit the boss. Terrible work environment that could often be viewed as hostile. The office manager is allowed to be a bully to the employees and HR does not help fix the situation. Extremely disappointed.
Pros
no holidays
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Promedica. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight