Promedica Employee Reviews

Not too bad
Supply Chain Technician (Current Employee) –  Oregon, OHJuly 22, 2018
Promedica is a good company to work for. They are usually very understanding when it comes to needing time off. Im only per diem so I dont receive any of the benefits. But it is still a pretty good place to work.
Pros
the people
Cons
hours
still working on culture
prefer not to say publicly (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 19, 2018
something is lost in translation to practice between exec management and front line staff. too much time and effort are focused on clinical roles; no opportunities or appreciation for non clinical
Pros
flexible
Cons
no opportunity for non-clinical advancement
Working under the knife
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIJune 24, 2018
My opinion of the Dietary Aide job at Promedica's Provential House is a mixed one. I love coming into work and knowing that my job is helping the residents feel better and making their time there more enjoyable. But, I hated how some of my fellow Aides would act to awful to one another. All they would do is back talk on another or be rude and talk down to you. The worst part is that some of these people are great workers but have terrible teamwork experience. I started to hate my job because their behavior and judgement they had about how you were doing your job was overshadowing the joy I have for helping the residents. It is not easy to walk away from the job after your eight hours and not feel terrible about yourself when all you feel is disgusted glares. All this job is is a very stressful environment where as soon as you fall behind you are treated like you are useless. This is no way to have a job or to earn a livable income.
Pros
Good hourly wage, opportunities for more hours
Cons
Breaks are not guaranteed, Extremely stressful, Lack of communication among coworkers.
Good Company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIJune 11, 2018
A nice company to work for. Feel appreciated. You can bring your problems or concerns to management. They pay extra for picking up shifts. The DON assistant is easy to talk to and very understanding if you have issues.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
mandated once in awhile
Productive workplace
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 7, 2018
ProMedica is an all work, no play company - as it should be. Long shifts (12.5 hours, but you only work 36 hours a week.) You get paid Bi-Weekly and there are shift premiums.
Cons
Short breaks, mandatory shifts
Productive and great discounts but poor management
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 5, 2018
Loved the envoirment disliked the manangment if you weren’t in the clique then you got that hard end of the stick need real team leaders and understanding compassionate supervisors the same kind as the employees they hire !
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Scheduled breaks poor management
Horrible management
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJune 4, 2018
Management terrible, do not work with their employees.Do not care about problems that you may have. Staffing terrible, no one to talk to because everyone are in clicks especially hr and management.
Pros
401K benefits and matching
Cons
Short breaks, Terrible staffing
Great workplace
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fostoria, OHMay 27, 2018
I loved my job with promedica and everyone i worked with. It was a great enviroment and all the employees were Great to work with. Im sad i have to leave
productive
Nutritional Service Assistant (NSA) (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHMay 18, 2018
-productive
-slow paced
-hard work
-everyone works as a team
-workplace culture is excellent
-I learned how to communicate well with patients on the floors
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no free lunches
Unequal treatment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHApril 27, 2018
Very poor management at this establishment. Unequal treatment to employees. It's a popularity contest, it doesn't matter how well you do your job. I would suggest staying as far away as possible from Promedica.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Two many chiefs not enough Indians
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHApril 10, 2018
There are too many bosses not enough workers. Mangers don't know how to manage, they want to be friends and they are not willing to advance the people who deserve to be advanced.
Dishonest incompetent management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHMarch 28, 2018
Inconsistent hours, could not accumulate any vacation time. Employees are given time off when census is low. Lost hours faster than they accumulated. On average list 30% of annual hours/income to low census. Management is dishonest and incompetent. Would not reccomend working at Flower Hospital.
terrible
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 21, 2018
very boring, training didn't really help just going through the motions instead of helping each other. Had to deal with drunk people more than actually doing security work
Summary of responsibilities
RESEARCH CONTRACT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 9, 2018
I currently work for three different departments. They include Academic Affairs, Clinical Research and Legal. I handle all negotiations involving clinical research contracts and budgets (mostly sponsored research) but some grants. I am also heavily involved in contractual matters with the ongoing academic affiliation between ProMedica and The University of Toledo and its Medical Center, which started in 2012. Finally, I handle and negotiate affiliation agreements with various institutions nationwide for clinical internships.
Coworkers are nice and friendly management is very poorly handled
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 6, 2018
The supervisor and managers aren’t very kind and treat you very poorly they aren’t understanding or flexible don’t handle their jobs well at all and they do very nasty things to some of their employees and supervisor and managers
Good company, unknowledgable manager
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 16, 2018
I enjoy working for this company. I do not feel management is very well versed in their job as they have no healthcare background . I know much more than my manager does about all things healthcare related including billing.
Pros
Decent pay, good coworkers
Cons
Inexperienced manager, expensive health insurance
Office atmosphere
Patient Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 15, 2018
Poor management, supervisor is unaware of job expectations, sit at a desk all day but up and down on feet, most enjoyable part of job is the patients.
Productive work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIFebruary 15, 2018
Patients treated with respect. Employees treated fairly but I don't feel equally. Working for a large company can create challenges when trying to communicate with HR
Promedica, Inc.
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Review purchasing requirements and process purchase orders daily
Parts and Vendors, Peachtree, Excel, Word
The owners were great people to work with
Everyone worked well together
Having to leave it
The owners taking care of their employees
Pros
Healthcare, time off, the owners
Cons
Nothing to add at this time
It was a great place to do my internship
Externship (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 18, 2018
Enjoyed being there Had a great experience. The doctor and the staff was friendly and made the work place very comfortable. I enjoyed getting up going there each morning.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
not enough time there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Promedica. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight