Promedica Employee Reviews

Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHNovember 16, 2018
Promedica is a nice place to work and I can only speak for the office I worked at. The most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers and the patients
Do not recommend In-Patient Psych
RN (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHNovember 11, 2018
I applied for a day shift position several times and the position was given to someone else. The first time was between myself and another person who both hired in the same day and he got the position. If that happens they have to use the first number of last 4 of SS # so he must have been lower than my 0. Second time a person transferred in who had more seniority. 3rd time, they gave the position to a girlfriend of the guy who got the 1st position. She hired in after me!!! After that happened, I decided to leave. I could see the writing on the wall!! I wasn’t getting a day shift position!!! I don’t recommend this organization!!!
Pros
Cons
Partial to some
ProMedica is terrible
Monitor Tech/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MINovember 3, 2018
ProMedica only cares about the bottomline, aka their pocketbook. They couldn't care less about their employees and how things they do as an organization effects them.
Cons
My opinion of working nights
Nursing Assistant/Unit Clerk Float (Nights) (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHNovember 3, 2018
I love working with the patients/ families and love patient care. Also enjoy working with some of the nursing staff. I do not like the pay.....I can make the same or more working at McDonalds. I feel that we as nursing assistants are not compensated in wages what we should be making... at least $14 or $15 dollars an hour. I am a float and work nights. I do not like sleeping all day long because I can not get daily things done. I would like to go back to days and have a normal life during the day with my family. I have gone down to part-time at the hospital and working a second job during the days that I am not at hospital until I can find an accounting job during the day.

I would like to go back to working in accounting since I am no longer pursuing a nursing career. Working nights is very difficult on family live and trying to sleep proper and maintaining a normal household. This can be very challenging.
Pros
enjoy paitient care
Cons
need more pay aand staffing of nursing assistants
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pharmacy CounterNovember 1, 2018
Job Title-Customer Service representative

Great place to work, sometimes it can be frustrated, because of patients not being happy. Overall good company.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Under pay
good
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHOctober 29, 2018
promedica was a good company to work for. they care about their patients. The pay was low and the scheduling was low as well. Not enough breaks were given when needed.
Productive place tovwork
Sleep technician (Former Employee) –  Sylvania.OHOctober 29, 2018
Good place to work. Teach you your job well. Very helpful employees to work with. Management is very supportive. They take patients safety and treatment there first priority
Productive and fun work place
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 16, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at ProMedica and gained so much experience and knowledge in the medical field that I can continue to integrate into my future career.
Highly stressful and competitive
Cook (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIOctober 15, 2018
People are out for themselves and do not set new hires up for success. Food service area is constantly under staffed and mandatory overtime is the norm. Poorly run operation in the kitchen.
very productive day
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 14, 2018
The typical work day started at 7:45 and ended around 5pm. I see about 30 patients a day. The hardest part about this job is learning about what each doctor likes done. Working at this job the enjoyable part of my day is helping the patients.

Want to know more about Promedica?

Ask a question
office manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 11, 2018
Overseen 7 Urgent Cares, overseen schedules, day to day operations. Overseen training and employee engagement. Took care of hiring new employees and ensured proper training
Activation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, MIOctober 9, 2018
Helped nurses and doctors understand the software so they can do their jobs efficiently. McKesson HEC Activation. Assisting staff with any problems with HEC.
Excellent Company
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHOctober 8, 2018
Excellent company to work for; supportive leadership and mission driven. Many company discounts and opportunities to learn and do new things and be challenged.
Fun Work Place
Patient Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 3, 2018
Great place to work, love the staff. however there was no room for growth.
The distance was a bit far from home. There were opportunities for great tiles, but there was not much to expect from salary growth.
Pros
great staff
Cons
no room for growth
Low morale among employees
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 25, 2018
The culture within the company among the upper level management is very cut throat. They do not value their employees and care more about spending money purchasing buildings and land than they do paying a fair wage to their employees. Their treatment of employees is very unethical.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 23, 2018
Always met someone new. The environment was peaceful to come into everyday & I enjoyed working on the floors I was assigned too. The crew I had the pleasure of working with was great I got along with everyone which made working comfortable.
Pros
Lunch hours
Cons
The choices in lunch on campus
Sold to CVS
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 21, 2018
No longer a place to work. It was sold to a competitor. It was a good place to work before being sold, I was there for 23 years. Nothing else to say about it.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MISeptember 17, 2018
8 To 5 kind of days working for promedica was such a learning experience they always gave you reasons to advance in your career this is one of the reasons that I don't work for them anymore.
Pros
Great people to work for
Promedca
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MISeptember 16, 2018
Great place to work.Management took care of you, at least in the ICU. The hardest part of the job was loosing patients and we couldnt do anything more. I loved the people I worked with, we were a family.
Culture promotes collaboration
Manager, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 7, 2018
Great community partner
Promotes worklife balance
Sincere focus on patient experience and quality healthcare outcomes, driven by all departments not just clinical.
Strong focus on safety

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Promedica. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Promedica.

Powered by Comparably