Prometric Employee Reviews

Not worth the time
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJAugust 18, 2018
After being hired at Prometric 2 years ago I was under the impression that there were advancement opportunities. However, there were none. Over the course of 2 years I put everything I had in myself into this company. Being threatened by candidates for things not going their way and lack of Professional Management and a completely uninvolved partner it just wasn't worth the time or the money anymore. The partner decided to raise starting salary to the same rate as what people who have been working there a very long time were currently making but didn't consider raising the other employees salaries. After being told by my manager that I wasn't a "good candidate for anything" and that it wasn't my place to worry about my salary unfortunately I could no longer work for the company. Would not suggest Prometric to anyone I know.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management, low wages, no benefifs, no time off, no solid break policy
Ultimate Staffing
Office Assistant/ Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2018
Great Place always finds the greatest careers. I have never had a bad experience with them. They look out for you and recommend the best places for you to work and grow.
Pros
Find amazing places to work
Relaxed atmosphere; best for stay-at-home moms, college students and retirees.
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 9, 2018
The atmosphere is usually relaxed. I enjoyed the work. It's repetitive, but I still liked it. You are told that it is part time, but the hours are much lower than you could ever dream of. We are expected to remain flexible enough to accommodate the schedule, but we are only scheduled 5 -10 hours per week on average. It's impossible to live on that amount of hours. There are only four people in this office. One coworker, from the day I started, was unbearable. Her demeanor was always horrible, cold and non-communicative. It was disappointing behavior to witness and experience. The hours and the terrible co-worker were the main motivating factors for me to give a two week notice recently. There were also some inconsistencies in what I was taught, and what other people practiced. That was frustrating at times.
Pros
It's easy, once you get the hang of it.
Cons
Very low hours, inconsistent...
Poorly managed
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 8, 2018
The job in and of itself is very simple. The lack of screening for employees, draws in a certain quality of people who have no work ethic. Which can be frustrating for those of us who take pride in our jobs whatever it may be.
Pros
You get to meet people from all over the world
Cons
poor management
TCA job with security details
(TCA)Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAAugust 5, 2018
A great place to work at, with people that come in to get certified for their professions. You work with one other person at a time, proctoring exams.
Pros
get to meet people from around the world
Cons
watching a DVR screen for hours
Love
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 3, 2018
Great for students or someone looking for part-time work. Management is great and very laid back, as long as you are able to do the job you'll have no probelm at this company.
Pros
fixable hours
Cons
No benefits, no advancement
Testing Accommodations Advocate
Educational Testing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 30, 2018
This is a good company, the salary and benefits met my needs every two weeks so I have no complaints. The training & development prepares the employee to be successful it is well paced. The co-workers are very supportive of each other even when the supervisor is out of touch. The atmosphere that I worked in is professional although there are other departments that I interacted with that were ignorant However there is no perfect job, there will always be a few difficult, resistant employees who are unprofessional and need more home training. I will not blame Prometric for this some people slip throught the cracks that should not be in certain positions. Overall, my experience was a positive one. However, I became ill had to have surgery and they ended my position. That was not right but I was not eligible for FMLA so that is not their fault. I do recommend this Co.
Pros
The Salary, excellent paced training, a slightly professional atmosphere
Cons
Politics its about who you know and who likes you for things to work for you.
Do not intend to write one
Test Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 19, 2018
Not Applicable

I have nothing more to say --the one thing I do know is that they will try to gip you out of your Unemployment whenever they find a way to terminate or get rid of you.
Pros
Hostile
Cons
Falsehoods abound
Rip up your resume...
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 15, 2018
Run away!

The advertisement says 'Shrewsbury,' but the location is in Worcester, Massachusetts. You won't be traveling between locations either.

So, you got a call to interview at this location. If you are breathing you'll likely be offered a position. If you've accepted, you'll likely be told the number of hours they have available to work, beware, the reality is that they hire people based upon the assumption that someone is leaving. The person who is expected to leave may not leave and you might find yourself working ten hours a week with zero hope of getting more hours, unless someone leaves. You'll be expected to work a ten hour day with the concept of a break being a quick run to the restroom and eating at a desk. You'd better make sure you bring your own food or have a meal delivered because you're forbidden to leave the property.

A typical day begins with revving up the computers and hoping the candidates all show up on time. At nine o'clock sharp you're going to be confronted by a host of people ready to begin a test. The test people are, for the most part, pretty nice people, but there are exceptions to every rule. Gaze over the list of tests that you'll be proctoring and look at how many hours those people will be in the office. Your day started at 8am or a few minutes before, their day started at 9am and you're going to have people who have nine hours to complete a test, if they show up late (up to 30 minutes is allowed and you MUST seat them) and your day just got a lot longer. So, the first batch of candidates is all seated and you hope
  more... they are working on their tests, not so fast, that's just about when the people taking the nine hour tests begin their breaks. They all need to sign out and (typically) have their fingerprints taken, they're going to begin to get impatient. They (typically) have forty five minutes over the course of the day to take breaks, they (usually) want to take a two or three minute break and it's up to you to not 'waste their time.' You will eventually get stressed out over this because they can complain about you, and they will. In between being stressed out, you'll get to walk through the testing area, and it has to be done every ten minutes. You will be glared at while you do this. In time you will develop a 'paranoia' over the idea that the test center may be 'secret shopped,' that is when someone poses as a test candidate and tries to cheat the system, you are graded on how well you handle this situation, and if your grade is bad it can cost you the job. The second wave of candidates comes in during the afternoon, and the same worry persists, you have to hope and pray that they aren't late, because how late they are impacts how late you'll be stuck at the location for longer than your scheduled ten hour shift. After the final candidate leaves, it's then your job to shut down all the computers and wipe down the debris/dirt of the day from each station.

Remember that in most states not having any kind of scheduled break is illegal. Accepting a position here means that you have surrendered the legal right to a break. You are not allowed any paid sick time, nor can you just call out sick. It is your responsibility to call your co-workers and ask if they'd be so kind as to cover your shift. You will find yourself going to work sick because you couldn't find coverage, and if you refuse to cover for someone, you'll get a phone call from the manager demanding to know why you didn't provide coverage. So, your free time really no longer belongs to you. You will also be asked to provide an e-mail address, you will get e-mails from them during your free time. The work/life balance is a joke, and the pay is not exemplary. No health insurance or any type of benefit is offered here. Some of the candidates are nice and want to be engaging with the staff, beware as if you are perceived as being too friendly, you will get reprimanded. So, you aren't allowed to be nice to people either.

This position is good if you just want a easy job to make a few dollars in the short term, and if you are soulless robot.
Pros
zero
Cons
bad manager, free time is no longer yours, lousy pay, long hours, no breaks
its okay
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 11, 2018
I worked in this office for 5 years. the manager resigned without notice and I thought I was the next best qualified for the position, no one even recommended me. very disappointing and unfortunate, considering I had dedicated my hardwork to this company.
Pros
Cons
no benefits, no advancement
A typical day at work
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 11, 2018
Typical work shifts are 10 hours long with a 30 minute lunch break and two short breaks throughout the day. You get to meet a lot of interesting people, the part time hours work well with your schedule and the work team is awesome.
great consulting job
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 3, 2018
Great job with flexible hours as a consultant, subject matter experts are well respected , pay is good, fellow SME are very top in their field , I would recommend this company
Pros
pay, hours
Cons
short term
No balance
Test Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, RIJune 22, 2018
Many hours when its busy time. And if you cant cover a shift when they have a call out, well then plan on not getting any hours for the following week. They never acknowledge ANY of the good you do. Its a stand still going no where position.
Pros
Cons
Run far away from them
Not worth it
Test Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2018
This job depends on the test center administrators but pays them poorly and does not acknowledge good work. Hours range from 5am-8pm, and they are always tedious. High security center with little competency in management.
Office is great, supportive people
Test Center Manager (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJune 10, 2018
The company head office is in Baltimore, Maryland so everything is done by email or telephone with the home office that can't be handled locally when an employee at Prometric. Generally the Test Center Administrators just reports to, and gets information from, the Test Center Manager unless help with technology is needed to successfully deliver an exam. You learn quite a bit about basic networking and trouble shooting computers. The best part of the job is seeing people successfully complete life changing exams to become licensed or certified in a variety of professions. The hardest part of the job is the repetition, and having to perform security checks with test takers. The culture of our local office is one of friendly support, and competent people doing the job to successfully deliver the exams people come to us to take to move ahead in their careers.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great people in office to work with
Cons
Short breaks, can be monotonous
Prometric Testing
TEST CENTER ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 3, 2018
I relatively underpaid position. I do not mind the atmosphere, but I could due with getting more hours and getting paid more than once a month. Otherwise, my coworkers a very easy going and enjoyable to be around.
Easy work place
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 3, 2018
The office is small but very easy going. Lots of rules from corporate and candidates must pass an IRS background check including fingerprints. Owned by Franchise business owners each office is run differently depending on the owner.
Pros
Easy Going
Cons
No benefits
Easy and repetitive
Test Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2018
Overall the job itself is easy to catch on to because it is very repetitive. Flexible hours for someone in college. The day consist of checking in candidates, proctoring the test room and calling candidates to confirm their test for the following day. The hardest part of the day is the morning rush and the turn over in the afternoon. Nonetheless, very poor management and HR. The company does not value their employee. The managers gossip just as much as their worker which made the work environment uncomfortable.
Pros
Flexible hours, sometimes relax, benefits
Cons
No room for growth, boring, poor management
Terrible
Service Manager Expert (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDMay 22, 2018
Theyre real good at promising things that will never happen. They will use you constantly and set the highest expectations, but not give you the proper equipment to meet them. The website never works, constantly being yelled at by customers about things that are out of your control completely. You are lucky to get a 10 cent raise, which doesnt compensate for the amount of work that you do. Dont do anything extra they ask you to do, youll never get compensated for it. This place is a joke. Youre better off.
Pros
Coworkers wer enjoyable.
Cons
Dude, everything.
The Company Takes Care of Their Employees
Data Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 18, 2018
ProMetrics has come a long way in the past four years. They have doubled in size since I have arrived and are relocating to a new office in KoP this fall.
Pros
Growing company that has not peaked. Company tries to offer a relaxed work environment
Cons
Nepotism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prometric. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight