Prometric Employee Reviews

Productive and SOP/Client Practice Strict
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 30, 2018
Good company to work for, hours are adjusted to fit your needs and all other employees needs to make sure enough people schedule to assist the testers. Fair pay but no benefits. Small office of employees, familial because it's so small and most employees know one another based on how long they've been there. The office is neat and clean, everyone works together with a smooth follow thru when things go wrong (i.e. computers not responding, admin computer down, candidates arriving with questions and attitudes, weather issues, site closing due to holidays being observed) Slow paced once everyone is signed in, picks up pace again if there is an influx of testers in the afternoon testers but overall smooth slow pace and easy job if you follow the SOP.
Pros
Small, Quiet, Clean, Location, Flexibility with Schedules
Cons
Little to no break, cannot leave center during break
Not worth the time
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJAugust 22, 2018
After being hired at Prometric 2 years ago I was under the impression that there were advancement opportunities. However, there were none. Over the course of 2 years I put everything I had in myself into this company. Being threatened by candidates for things not going their way and lack of Professional Management and a completely uninvolved partner it just wasn't worth the time or the money anymore. The partner decided to raise starting salary to the same rate as what people who have been working there a very long time were currently making but didn't consider raising the other employees salaries. After being told by my manager that I wasn't a "good candidate for anything" and that it wasn't my place to worry about my salary unfortunately I could no longer work for the company. Would not suggest Prometric to anyone I know.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management, low wages, no benefifs, no time off, no solid break policy
Not worth the time
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJAugust 18, 2018
Testing Accommodations Advocate
Educational Testing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 30, 2018
This is a good company, the salary and benefits met my needs every two weeks so I have no complaints. The training & development prepares the employee to be successful it is well paced. The co-workers are very supportive of each other even when the supervisor is out of touch. The atmosphere that I worked in is professional although there are other departments that I interacted with that were ignorant However there is no perfect job, there will always be a few difficult, resistant employees who are unprofessional and need more home training. I will not blame Prometric for this some people slip throught the cracks that should not be in certain positions. Overall, my experience was a positive one. However, I became ill had to have surgery and they ended my position. That was not right but I was not eligible for FMLA so that is not their fault. I do recommend this Co.
Pros
The Salary, excellent paced training, a slightly professional atmosphere
Cons
Politics its about who you know and who likes you for things to work for you.
It is good for what it is
Test Center Administrator (25hr weekly) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2018
This is a great job for a student or someone who is retired and are still functional to work. There's no room for advancement at this job and the benefits are not worth it.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
pay not great for anyone who have children, benefits are not offered like they're suppose to.
Easy and repetitive
Test Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2018
Overall the job itself is easy to catch on to because it is very repetitive. Flexible hours for someone in college. The day consist of checking in candidates, proctoring the test room and calling candidates to confirm their test for the following day. The hardest part of the day is the morning rush and the turn over in the afternoon. Nonetheless, very poor management and HR. The company does not value their employee. The managers gossip just as much as their worker which made the work environment uncomfortable.
Pros
Flexible hours, sometimes relax, benefits
Cons
No room for growth, boring, poor management
Na
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2018
Job doesn’t not pay well enough for the amount of work being done. Do not give raises often and not much room for growth. Yes, try a different company.
Terrible
Service Manager Expert (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDMay 22, 2018
Theyre real good at promising things that will never happen. They will use you constantly and set the highest expectations, but not give you the proper equipment to meet them. The website never works, constantly being yelled at by customers about things that are out of your control completely. You are lucky to get a 10 cent raise, which doesnt compensate for the amount of work that you do. Dont do anything extra they ask you to do, youll never get compensated for it. This place is a joke. Youre better off.
Pros
Coworkers wer enjoyable.
Cons
Dude, everything.
Bad Compensation
Test Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHOctober 8, 2018
For the amount of knowledge and screening one has to do for their job it is not compensated well. I enjoyed the job itself and was very knowledgeable about the process but the bad compensation was the reason to leave.
Love
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 3, 2018
Great for students or someone looking for part-time work. Management is great and very laid back, as long as you are able to do the job you'll have no probelm at this company.
Pros
fixable hours
Cons
No benefits, no advancement
its okay
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 11, 2018
I worked in this office for 5 years. the manager resigned without notice and I thought I was the next best qualified for the position, no one even recommended me. very disappointing and unfortunate, considering I had dedicated my hardwork to this company.
Pros
Cons
no benefits, no advancement
Run away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 3, 2018
Management is incompetent and changing so often, company is losing a lot of clients and downsizing so there's no job security. Pay is not worth all of the responsibilities and when you complain, they fire you. They are hiring lots of temps because nobody wants to work there and they can't keep the good ones either. Unless you have tenure or are an office snitch, you won't last. Good for a job to slightly pay your bills but don't get comfortable.
Pros
Set schedule, no holidays, or weekends in most departments
Cons
Chaotic environment, management changes regularly so nobody knows what your job or their job duties consist off
Team work is necessary
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 6, 2018
The work can be continuously busy or slow. There might be technical difficulties which occur and need prompt efficient solutions. Team members need to be aware of what is going on regardless of whether it is slow or busy. and able to coordinate any solutions for testing candidates.
Pros
Benefits and team cooperation
Cons
It can be hectic, focus and attention to detail can be challenging, remaining aware of entire testing area can be challenging
Easy work place
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 3, 2018
The office is small but very easy going. Lots of rules from corporate and candidates must pass an IRS background check including fingerprints. Owned by Franchise business owners each office is run differently depending on the owner.
Pros
Easy Going
Cons
No benefits
For college students, not a career choice.
Test Center Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 8, 2018
More concern with the financial end and very little focus or acknowledgement of those not in management status. Authoritative culture and beconing more punitive. Low morale and even lower pay and is becoming more stressful due to recent changes in structure. TCA's are given more directives and very little to, no support in the position they operate in.
This is not a career employment choice.
Good job for someone who is not in need of a means of self-preservation -to pay mandatory life altering bills (rent, house notes, car notes, food etc..). Great for students or even retirees but, is most certianly not for someone who NEEDS a dependable means of living!
Pros
Meet alot of people
Cons
Awful culture, low pay, low employee morale
Great working place
Test Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 5, 2018
Prometric was a great place for me to work part time. Has great benefits, but the pay was good for extra spending money, additional income or for someone that is retired.
Pros
Great management and working environment.... awesome benefits.
Cons
Pay is low
Don't waste your time
TCA (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 26, 2018
This was by far one of my worst work experiences in my life!
The job itself has lots of rules which comes directly from the company. You are being watch during your shift by Big Brother the whole time is what I was told. Yet, management and long timers have the "do I as I say not as I do mentality." Also, witnessed co-workers and test takers being mistreated. There were many times I witnessed test takers being talked down to. Myself and co-workers were working during our breaks and lunches. Of course if you are the new employee you will get the tasks disliked by management.
It was a very negative environment, not a second would go by without something negative being said by co-workers.
High expectations but low compensation
Test Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Prometric's management expects employees to follow all types of specific protocols, but is unreasonable in terms of compensating employees for actual hours worked. Employees were expected to work at least 15-20 minutes at the beginning of every day, without being compensated. This may not seem like much, but the time adds up very quickly. After 18 months I received an increase of only $.25 per hour!
Pros
Some interesting experiences
Cons
Short breaks, minimal salary increases
A Great Starter Job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2018
A great started job but the culture does not lend itself to developing employees for continued job growth. Favoritism existed when I was there and employees often were overlooked for advancement, even if they were focused on their work and the best candidate for new opportunities.
very boring at times but very easy job
TEST ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 28, 2018
this job is a good job overall. I didn't like that the hours were inconsistent because it was hard to pay bills sometimes but this is a good job for people who just want an easy job to make money.
Pros
easy
Cons
inconsistent hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prometric. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight