Promise Healthcare Employee Reviews

Very stressful
Office & Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 29, 2018
The position became very stressful and extremely difficult given the unmanageable amount of responsibilities. The position requires some support staff in order to perform accurate and complete tasks.
Benefits
very culturally diverse place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 5, 2018
a typical day at work would consist of being extremely busy assisting providers with patient care yet being extremely understaffed to accomplish the job sufficiently.
Internship Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 16, 2018
I gained very valuable experience during my time at Promise Healthcare. Because it is a smaller company, I was able to gain experience in many different realms of the company. The people I worked with were also very kind and willing to help with anything!
Fun and exciting place to work!
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 4, 2018
Teamwork is number one here. When in a crunch, everyone pulls together. This is by far the best place and team I have ever worked with. My job is exciting, challenging (in a good way) and rewarding.
Pros
great compensation, excellent benefits, teamwork
challenging, a very business oriented healthcare company
Dietary Manager/Sup (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 19, 2018
Pro's and con's, as in any job. I was in the position when Promise took over management of the facility. It was interesting to learn the "business" side, but hard to reconcile that with the "healthcare" part at times.
Good company to work for.
Billing Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 4, 2018
The culture at this company is great and everyone I worked with was amazing. My experience at Promise Healthcare is very educational and productive. The atmosphere was great and I learned so much about LTCH billing.
Pros
Open door policy and competitive benefits.
Cons
The company is trying to advance.
good schedule
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 4, 2018
I've had better jobs. I've had worse jobs. It's all a matter of what you are willing to put up with. The schedule is great. Once a month you get seven off in a row,
Pros
schedule
Cons
poor communication
The most enjoyable part of my job
Staff RN - Long Term Acute Care (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 7, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and helping patients and families. Its very hard when one of your family members becomes ill or is involved in an accident that causes them to lose their independence. I love helping the family and patient to become as independent as possible again while preserving their dignity.
Pros
The patient and staff are great to work with.
Cons
The full-time scheduling includes too many days of work consecutively.
Strong Administration Department
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 27, 2017
Hospital is under new management starting in late 2015. Highly involved upper management, they are familiar with all staff! Great place for patients, great place to work.
Most of the staff is nice
Clinical Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 30, 2017
Lack of room for advancement. Lack of direction from management . The company is trying to advance but does not look for logical ways to have their employees assist in the process.
Pros
salary
Cons
poor managment
Awesome
Contract Administrator - Legal (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Good place and plenty to learn.The people there are friendly and pleasant. The training process is excellent and every job related question is always answered fully.
Hard to see Future
Director of Plant Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2017
This facility has show me how to get the most from the least. People are nice to work with but Financial issues make the job harder than it needs to be.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Financial Issues
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 8, 2017
This facility was not great about a year ago... since then, new management came into place and it has been wonderful! They have a great leadership team and the atmosphere is now positive. Any negative reviews for this company come from bitter employees who were held accountable and didn't like it. I've been working for this place for over 4 years and can tell you that it really is a wonderful place. Benefits are great- no 401k, but the health insurance makes up for that. Compensation is good too.
Pros
Management, clinical staff and physicians
Cons
No 401k
Administration Intern
Health Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 2, 2017
This was an unpaid internship that allowed me to gain experience in Healthcare Administration. Manager was excellent and I was able to work not only in Administration but also on the clinical side assisting Nurses.
Pros
Location, pace, people
Cons
compensation
Good work enviroment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 14, 2017
Good staff very nice Kitchen Manager and a very good kitchen staff and a very good Administration. Very comfortable work environment. Dedicated nursing staff great and appreciative patients and family members. Clean work environment. Maintenance crew that is always available when needed from administrator to the Ceo available when you have any problems to listen or to help if possible.
Pros
Good Benefits, Employee appreciation weekly
Cons
Never fully staffed low pay for dietary staff
outstanding Leadership
Vice President of Business Dev & Physician Ed (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Just a little too much travel strong support and outstanding leadership.Needed more local community interaction less CBO purchasing and less top heavy oversight.
Pros
Great company
Cons
too much travel
Excellent Workplace
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Promise Hospital of Fort Myers is a rewarding place to work. I have found the interdisciplinary and leadership team to be very supportive. In addition, the pay is competitive, and the opportunity to learn and advance professional skills is appreciated.
Friendly Work Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Friendly staff, clean, well kept environment. Open door policy and competitive benefits. Hard working employees who strive to get the work done right.
Pros
Cafeteria onsite for affordable breakfast and lunch
Great place to work. Supportive team and great opportunity to build a career off of.
Clinical Liaison (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 9, 2017
Great place to work. The department is very inviting and everyone supports each other. When you go on vacation, there's no worry that your work will pile up or not get done. The support and built friendships are what make this environment great. There is a genuine care for the patient's coming in and how they are doing weekly. Any job has its set backs, but this job has many positives to build a career on.
Pros
Management listens, pay is competitive, bonus' are decent, coworkers are supportive, care given by healthcare team is above the rest
Would Not Recommend
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 30, 2016
Firstly, you will not receive anywhere near 40 hours per week if you take on a full-time position (unless you are a nurse in any capacity). The management in this facility is a joke; their turnover rate is unlike any I have ever experienced before. Retaliation is their favorite thing, if they do not like ANYTHING you have done, they will make sure you pay for it. The schedule I had was great, except being off one day during every week and missing out on 8 hours, even if I did not work the following weekend. The hourly rate was nice, but by the time they took out my voluntary benefits and the 3% 401k, I could barely pay my bills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Promise Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.