Promise Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great Teamwork and lots of opportunities for learning.
RN (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 27, 2019
I have worked at Promise for 15 years. There are a lot of growth opportunities and Promise has a culture that likes to develop it's leaders from within and learn from the newest members of its team as well. If you are even slightly interested, it's worth coming in for an interview and see the place and the team for yourself.
Pros
great team work, job growth, small but busy hospital
Cons
small and busy hospital
I advanced in the Company . The work load was heavy. The management was fair. The workplace culture was friendly. We celebrated all the holidays .
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 22, 2019
A good place to work. Was a full time position but I decided to retire . I want to work part time at this time in my life. It was a fun place to work with a lot of fun activities.
Pros
401k, plenty of time off. It was a fun place to work
Cons
Just wanted to work less than 40+ hrs a week
Marked Unprofessionalism at Every Turn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Unprofessional, unsupportive, & dismissive management. Direct nursing manager is essentially useless with the exception of their ability to convince management that they are effective in any way.

Other departments (PT,OT,RT) are allowed to dictate primary nursing care causing risk to patients despite instances of complications occurring and management being aware of the nursing departments input to prevent further harm or adverse events.

No security on site with family members and some of our patients this is a serious concern for staff.

No clinical educator present with high acuity patients requiring advanced skills and knowledge base. Mistakes are inevitable with the lack of system in place.

Admission department receives commission for each admission causing unqualified patients to be admitted on either end of spectrum (i.e. they require palliative care or are clinically too well).

Lazy, borderline negligent staff, even those caught sleeping continue to be employed with management's knowledge of their perpetual wrongdoings.

Company struggles to keep vendors/suppliers and services up to date on payments causing lack of supplies needed to care for patients including major things such as no ultrasound, no specialty beds, no shredder service, no acute ambulatory services, no linen service, etc. Recently filed for bankruptcy. Plenty of money for corporate-funded dinners and trips to the bar. They are a for-profit facility and it shows. The examples are endless and quite saddening.

Nursing staff downstaffed causing increase in nurse-to-patient ratio while
  more... other departments are fully staffed having pizza or craft parties (yes, this really happened more than once).

Benefits are extremely expensive for a family-extremely.

They hire a lot of people whom can no longer work elsewhere in the area for varied reasons which is a struggle for nurses who have this career as a passion and not just a paycheck when following the previous nurse's care.
Pros
Increase skills/knowledge, Handful of tremendous nurses, Cheap meals during limited cafeteria hours
Cons
Apathy from administration, Corporate greed, High ratios, High acuity level, Poor interdisciplinary team work
Awful place to work
Floor nurse/intern DON (Former Employee) –  Overland, MODecember 9, 2018
I am a former employee I would not send my worst dead enemy there. Staff does not care , everyone is only there for a pay check not to care for patients. No attempt to retain long term employees
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Dirty, very low pay and poor staffing
A good place but building old and need repairs closed down one yr after I retired and all managers lost jobs
Registered Nurse Director of nursing (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXOctober 3, 2018
Working for this company would have been great. Except the CEO. at the time was the worst .I have ever worked with. Promise had 14 hospital at the time. .main office Florida. The president very nice and family oriented. We provided excellent nursing. Our staff provided monthly meeting and weekly educational opportunities.
Pros
Good nurses
Cons
Ceo horribly mean
Registered Nurse and Wound Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 30, 2018
Good place to work, no hours in down season, Summer . unable to build up PTO due to having to use for down time. otherwise good place to work, good nurses.
Pros
good work
Cons
no hours in down season
Respiratory Therapist CRT (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 30, 2018
I’ve been at Promise for 3 years and enjoy my job. I have great coworkers in the respiratory department and throughout the facility. The Rt director and other management are all helpful and deserving of their positions.
Pros
Pay, schedule, location and coworkers
Cons
No 401-k
Stressful and overworked
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramount, CAAugust 29, 2018
The job was stressful with pressure applied daily. Best part of this job are the co-workers. Some department heads aren't experienced enough to manage staff. Favoritism is the rule. Frequent turnover of department heads.
Pros
good pay
Cons
see review
hard working environment
Intern and Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 23, 2018
Promise healthcare is a caring and hard working operation. They truly care about their patients and always look for new ways to innovate and improve the practice.
Very stressful
Office & Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 29, 2018
The position became very stressful and extremely difficult given the unmanageable amount of responsibilities. The position requires some support staff in order to perform accurate and complete tasks.
Benefits
very culturally diverse place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 5, 2018
a typical day at work would consist of being extremely busy assisting providers with patient care yet being extremely understaffed to accomplish the job sufficiently.
Compassionate team, Halls filled with Laughter, Quality care
Clinical (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 29, 2018
Staff work hard but still have fun. This is a great place to learn about different health problems. It's fairly easy to build rapport with the doctors. The team genuinely cares and helps each other out to make sure that those we serve receive the best care. Even management answers call lights and will hop on the floor or pick up a paint brush to help out a co-worker. Management has been working hard to improve the lines of communication... Even if it's not a liked answer! They are transparent which has not always been the case with previous management.

It is hurtful to see negative comments about this facility from disgruntled employees or patients. Issues are addressed. The facility isn't perfect but the facility listens and will always do what is right.
Pros
Competitive salary and benefits, Pto, laid back environment, good place to learn
Cons
Limited parking, few educational trainings, no 401k match
Internship Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 16, 2018
I gained very valuable experience during my time at Promise Healthcare. Because it is a smaller company, I was able to gain experience in many different realms of the company. The people I worked with were also very kind and willing to help with anything!
Fun and exciting place to work!
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 4, 2018
Teamwork is number one here. When in a crunch, everyone pulls together. This is by far the best place and team I have ever worked with. My job is exciting, challenging (in a good way) and rewarding.
Pros
great compensation, excellent benefits, teamwork
challenging, a very business oriented healthcare company
Dietary Manager/Sup (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 19, 2018
Pro's and con's, as in any job. I was in the position when Promise took over management of the facility. It was interesting to learn the "business" side, but hard to reconcile that with the "healthcare" part at times.
Good company to work for.
Billing Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 4, 2018
The culture at this company is great and everyone I worked with was amazing. My experience at Promise Healthcare is very educational and productive. The atmosphere was great and I learned so much about LTCH billing.
Pros
Open door policy and competitive benefits.
Cons
The company is trying to advance.
good schedule
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 4, 2018
I've had better jobs. I've had worse jobs. It's all a matter of what you are willing to put up with. The schedule is great. Once a month you get seven off in a row,
Pros
schedule
Cons
poor communication
The most enjoyable part of my job
Staff RN - Long Term Acute Care (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 7, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and helping patients and families. Its very hard when one of your family members becomes ill or is involved in an accident that causes them to lose their independence. I love helping the family and patient to become as independent as possible again while preserving their dignity.
Pros
The patient and staff are great to work with.
Cons
The full-time scheduling includes too many days of work consecutively.
Strong Administration Department
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 27, 2017
Hospital is under new management starting in late 2015. Highly involved upper management, they are familiar with all staff! Great place for patients, great place to work.
i was happy to work there
Charge Nurse/ Relief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paramount, CANovember 9, 2017
it was an acute long care hospital.had great benifits,we had muticutural staff,learned alot from different staff,cuturaly and was great.focussed on patients quality patient care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Promise Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.