Promises Treatment Centers

Promises Treatment Centers Employee Reviews

Promises Treatment Centers insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Disaster

Promises was the most poorly managed company I have ever seen. The company was completely in the red and placed on the public auction block and purchased by Elements Behavioral Health. The only thing that saved the company was its name

Pros

the clients

Cons

too many employees "sober in recovery"

Facility has closed

This facility was remarkable. Unfortunately as of December 2018 it has closed its doors permanently. The staff was freindly and supportive. Great collaborative environment.

Pros

great environment

Cons

facility has closed

Very rewarding

Working at promises was very rewarding. It gave me so much experience with admin and management and was awesome to watch he clients grow into healthy people.

Great managers

Worked for 17 years until layoffs started happening. Had a great run during my tenure there. Met many great people. Wished the company was in better financial standings so I could keep my job.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Cut hours

Poorly Run

Promises will cut off its foot to save its neck. There is no employer loyalty, plenty of long time employees were terminated to adjust the budget and then their positions were filled with unskilled, underpaid workers resulting in sub par care of the clients.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Awful

They charge their clients surgeon money. They are making millions off of patients and paying their staff very little and a lot of times understaffing to save a buck. The work environment is negative and almost oppressive. I am fortunate enough not to have to work, so I decided to end my employment with Promises.

Pros

Cons

Many

High Turnover, Unethical, Low Pay

This company is owned by a managed care organization that does not care about clients or staff. Clients are viewed as "heads in the bed" by Admissions and Senior Management. Staff was pressured to keep clients for money and staff morale was very low. High turnover of staff with no replacement hires after staff leaves. Pay was low and client load was high and not manageable. Paperwork was intolerable and company is completely disorganized. I would not recommend Promises for employment or for clients.

Pros

clients, location

Cons

low pay, large client load, unethical admissions department and senior management

Not what they appear

This is 100 % a sales job in the call center Numbers are all that matter!! The motto used to be "at the end of the day its about our clients"this is now a joke all that matters is dollars. if you have a client in tears on the phone and their broke they want you to get them off the line becasue poor people or people with good insurance but no other money mean nothing to them give them SAMSHA and get off the line. only people with money lots of matter... Shift leads in am and weekend horrible people. Dont ever need help because one lead will be watching TV on phone at night and one day shift will bite your head off and be rude but say sorry later and the other 2 are Their yes puppet .. Coffee is cheap and will make you sick never seen them clean the coffee maker other Co-works gossip and are mean and they do nothing but most of the times shift leads are the biggest gossipers. When you go to the three main three boss they pretty much sweep any issues under the rug and you cant tell on a favorite becasue they will try and twist it to be your fault. Their is one of these three MGRS that lie to your face so cold its amazing and she talks a lot of bad things about employees. No training set in place people who have been their a few months train new people and no one does anything the same. They change the rules according to which click you are in .. So the lead click does no wrong and if your not in that better not make a mistake. the move mean girls if you compare them to shift leads at elements the move those girls in the -

Pros

free cheap nasty coffee

Cons

mean leads who gossip, total sales job, numbers are all that matter not clients

Forgot what it's about

This company was great to work with in the beginning of my start. But, no, corporate level decision makers as well as my direct supervisor has adopted the corporate greed mind set. The work flow has tripled and the team work aspect does not exist. The motto used to be "at the end of the day its about our clients" The company as a whole has lost sight of helping others and have adopted the greed mindset. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company.

Promises is family

I loved working at Promises. I worked there previously for 7 years and made a year commitment this past year. Being an Admissions Coordinator it's all about customer service. I learned so much about customer service at Promises. It's not about letting the client "be right", as much as being able to set boundaries enough to keep the client safe, with a soft hand. ;) The hardest part of the job was not to work when I was off! It's so easy to get caught up in a case and wanting to control the outcome, so it takes experience and faith in your team to be able to delegate..not abandon, but delegate and trust that your teammate will give the same care you would. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the light come on in a client's eyes. How amazing to see hope!

benefits

Cons

close quarters- our offices were overcrowded. not enough space.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Promises Treatment Centers?

Renowned Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center

Promises is an amazing place where people overcome addiction and learn to live happier, more fulfilling lives. I was honored and privileged to be part of a team who facilitated the needs of clients undergoing treatment. My co-workers and I worked closely with each and every client through what is often a very difficult time in their lives. In addition, I was the go-to guy when it came to taking clients on hikes, runs or other forms of physical activity. The most difficult part: Addiction is an insidious and heartbreaking disease. Many who go though treatment revert back to their old behaviors and some don't ever get sober again. Most enjoyable: Watching people's lives change for the better.

Pros

Making a difference.

Cons

Quite often understaffed.

Excellent learning experience

A typical day included: -running 1 or 2 groups on substance abuse-related topics. -seeing 2 or 3 clients for 60 minute psychotherapy sessions. -case management, contact with families -writing notes and treatment plans -staff, development meetings I learned everything under the sun about treating alcoholics and drug addicts in early recovery. I learned how to collaborate as a treatment team with other therapists, psychiatrists, marketing and admissions representatives and outside support systems. I learned how to run groups and work with the loved ones and families of addicts. Hardest (but a fun and challenging) part of the job was continuously developing fresh ideas for groups. Most enjoyable part of the job was doing one-on-one therapy with clients.

Pros

Team treatment approach, wonderful clients

Cons

Working holidays and weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Promises Treatment Centers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about Promises Treatment Centers in popular locations