Pronto Freight Ways

Working at Pronto Freight Ways: 19 Reviews

United States19 reviews

It easy work for pay

Good company,sad they left Chicago. Gave out great bonuses,work when you need cash,uber took you and picked you up from work. Multiple places to choose from to work. They trained you before you could certain jobs if you had no experience and it was paid training.

Management is fair. I have a work/life balance. Solid pay. The dispatch team is great, just have to communicate. Lots of added benefits and perks once you start with the company.

Pros

pay, hours

Cons

Easy job, boring on the beginning

Easy job when you do what you supposed to do with no micromanagement.Lots of hours, 7 days a week operation, new equipment in very good condition, expensive health insurance

Pros

More waiting than driving

Cons

Expensive health insurance

Awful dispatch

Dispatch is awful. Company is unorganized. Many owner operators. Dispatch can not give correct addresses. The acceptable pay does not compensate for the aggravation.

Pros

Acceptable pay

Cons

Dispatch

It was ok

It’s a driving job… didn’t mind the people I worked with and dispatch was ok. No overtime pay and wanted me to work more then 40hrs a week which is a joke. Straight pay you get straight 40hrs. Could only handle working there a couple months, pretty much all the trucks smell of cigarette smoke and is god awful I would be sick to my stomach and have a headache about halfway into my shift.. would have stayed if it wasn’t for that.

Pros

Nice dispatch and awesome dock workers

Cons

No overtime pay, and trucks smelled of cigarette smoke

Great place to work!

I am so proud to be part of the Pronto team! Overall great team and morale, very much a family atmosphere. The team is relatively tight-knit. Plenty of opportunities to learn new skills. You do have to have a strong sense of urgency and work hard, but you are definitely recognized and rewarded.

Pros

Casual, relaxed atmosphere. Great place to learn and lead.

It's a Trucking Company

Old school mentality when it comes to what's expected out of your work ethic and they reward you if you take care of business. Not a place for entitlement, it doesn't fly with management, you earn your keep. Hourly wages, straight pay, did receive a $100 gift card for passing a road side inspection and they praise keeping the equipment up. Management like to have fun with you but they take care of business. Job security is here, they're busy.

Pros

Decent equipment, fair pay and benefits

Cons

Healthcare is pricey, no overtime

Busy all the time nice

Pronto lacks Respect and appreciation towards employees is the only defect pronto has.They take your hours , you don’t get the raises on time. Sad yet true.

Pros

Busy

Cons

Bad bad management not human.

Run dont even apply

Its like working for a senior citizen company. When the bozo show got canceled this placed hired bozo and cookie as their managers. This place is not a good company to work for unless your friend is the boss.

Pros

Cons

Management. Bad equipment. And very old workers no overtime pay.

Great first impression for a narcissistic ran company

. The manager is an excellent micro manager and has a nasty disposition. The key to having a successful company is treating employees as if they're human beings not robots do you get more work done of the company understood that.

I’m telling my father

The owners kid is a stroke! Was told my unpaid lunch break was the time I was either in a dock or waiting at Ohare Airport. Expected to work more than 14 hours a day with no overtime pay! They’d work you more than 60 hours a week for straight time & try to lay a guilt trip on you because you refuse to work on Sunday!

Pros

Direct Deposit

Cons

Idiotic management from the top down. When the kid gets the company, he’ll run it into the dirt!

No summary at this time

I cannot provide a summary at this time. I only worked there for a short time and do not feel that the amount of time that I worked there would provide sufficient feedback.

Great place to work, kind people, great owner. This is the perfect job.

Awesome atmosphere. Everybody is friendly an concerning. I never had any problems an everything that was told to me was stood behind. No lies or deceiving.

Pros

Everything is awesome here

Horrible place to work

If you decide to take a job here you will learn on your first week what horrible ownership is. And if you decide to stay you will regret it every day.

Pros

Cons

No lunches have to eat at your desk. They say there giving constructive criticism it just criticism, They want you to do as many jobs so they can save money, Turnover rate probably 80% because they think they own you.

Easy going people to work with

Cannot complain, except for no overtime pay. My paychecks are very nice. There could be more paid vacation days available. Companies trucks are in pretty good shape, and they I have a great mechanics here!

Pros

Easy-going atmosphere

Cons

No overtime pay

Micromanagment

Stressful position with the owner. Hard work environment, often belittled and spoke to poorly from owner. Great pay and other employees extremely helpful.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Poor management from the owner

Happy employee

Ive been offered jobs at several other trucking companies and after researching pros and cons, I continue to stay at Pronto. Here's why; First I find that if you do a good job and have a good attitude, it is recognized and rewarded. Secondly, the wages are comparable for the work being done. And thirdly, management is reasonable and easy to work with.

Every day brought new challenges.

I had 3-5 employers/employees giving different directions every day, from collections, HR, invoices, driver check in, filing, reception, and customer service. I came in each day ready to do my best, be challenged, and stay motivated. l have also learned you can't please everyone, all the time. Trust and respect was given, but not returned on many occasions.

slow pace job

learned how to dispatch and was a good job for someone just getting into the trucking field

Pros

close to home

Cons

small companie

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pronto Freight Ways. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Pronto Freight Ways in popular locations

• Pronto Freight Ways
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?