Proofpoint Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
NOC Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 26, 2018
Proofpoint is an awesome place to work. People are helpful and care about your wellbeing. They have a game room and tons of snacks to eat. The culture is great and everyone seems to get along with each other fine. I have no problems working here, however I am forced to relocate.
Good Job
Technical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 18, 2018
Good job, if you want to excel in email security and encryption. The benefits are great and the management wants to see people succeed. Seems that the IT team is more stable then the Sales.
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
Can't think of any
Good on paper but not for long term
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 1, 2017
Pros: Awesome team, relax environment, long lunch hours, good product training, great life/work balance, no micro-manager, free snacks, milk, soda water, coffee...Great place to start out, learn and then move up. Must be liked by upper management in order to obtain good territories. Field reps are performing very well. Great place to come in, collect pay check, hang out, get work done in a relaxing environment, and then go home and forget about work until the following business day. Next gen email cyber security company is doing great in terms of investing for the future! High stock value.

Cons: no 401 match, no investment in sales training, low salaries, over promised under delivered on $$ exceptions (how many reps hit quota? very low %), low number of accounts per rep, territories annually changing and unfair distribution of accounts, low moral due to uncertainty, management promotes unqualified reps, hires new people to close accounts but only a few will succeed depending on vertical and patch.
Great engineering place to work
Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 3, 2017
I was a part-time automation engineer while I was at this company. The product was very interesting, which made creating the framework for running automated tests fun. The people I worked with were great. The atmosphere was low stress and productive.
Good product, bad leadership
Filed Account Manager (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 7, 2017
Company's only focus is to reach the Billion $ revenue mark, no reps are hitting quota, leadership does not care about compensation or employee satisfaction, attrition is high, average tenure is 17 months.
Nepotism, mediocre benefits, not my preference of work culture
Director (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAMay 23, 2017
The industry of Cybersecurity is relevant, and the revenue of this company are the high points. During my time, I saw change and progress in some areas, but also a lot of dysfunctionality and areas that needed improvement. This is just my experience, but I know some people were happy here, it was my least favorite company to work for in my 20 year career.
Pros
Cybersecurity is a relevant industry, I learned a lot while there.
Cons
High in churn, core mgmt should be refreshed with new blood, nepotism over talent, there were some not so great people that made going to work on a daily basis hard.
No Comment
Sr Channel Account Manager (Current Employee) –  NortheastMay 17, 2017
Company is very monetarily stingy. there are no annual reviews, they do not pay for your home office and only pay a minimum amount for cell phone. There is little to no room for growth and the company puts themselves above anything and does not value the channel.
Lots of changes
Corporate Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 12, 2017
I really enjoy working for Proofpoint. The people that work here are some of the best I have ever worked with. A big issue is recent changes that have been made that make it very hard to hit quota.
Exemplorary Work Place, With A Relaxed Environment
NOC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 10, 2017
My time at ProofPoint was amazing. The people there were kind, my manager made sure everyone was treated fairly, and it felt like it was someplace you could almost feel at home working in.Unfortunately, I had to leave in order to take of things back home in a different state but would hihgly recommend working there to anyone who is interested.
Fast growing, outdated culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 22, 2016
Good place to work if you're an entry level employee or low level management. Company is extremely frugal with tight controls over spending to the point where areas of the business are starved for investment. IT Department is extremely weak and it is difficult to get things done.
Pros
Average salary and benefits
Cons
No 401K match, salary increases are below standard, parking is limited. Product management is B grade at best.
Great product
Account Executive - Canada (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 6, 2016
Proofpoint has a phenomenal product set and is better than anyone in the industry. I was glad to have the opportunity to help businesses protect themselves against the #1 threat vector, email.

Ghostery could be better at giving sales people autonomy, and have crossed the line of cool start up to more corporate. However, the people I worked with were amazing, and I know they all will do extremely well.
Learning environment and great people to work with
Account Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 3, 2016
I answered all incoming e-mails and helped with everything asked of me, including working long hours and being flexible. I entered deal packets for computer software and submitted them to sales reps supervisors.
Pros
Great opportunity for a long term career
Cons
Hired through a temp agency
Productive and Fun
Salesforce Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Great place to work,fun,fast paced and room for growth. This company will pay for certifications. Great challenges and great people to work with.
Great company with serious potential
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 19, 2015
Great people and fantastic knowledge among the engineers and others. Great guidance from managers. Ability to learn on the job and advance.
Best in Class Product, Execs are personable
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 13, 2013
Love proofpoint, not only does this company have the best product in their market, but pay is solid, work life balance is awesome with an unlimited vacation policy. Lots of autonomy, just hit your numbers and no one bothers you. I gave them only 3 stars for comp/benis because there is no 401k match or profit sharing. They do a great job with strategic marketing and focused efforts to develop business. Love the execs, Gary Steele CEO is very personable and approachable.
Pros
work life balance, best in class product, competitive salary
Cons
no 401k match
Worst Place To Work!!!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 3, 2012
Poor training, sterile environment, poor energy within organization. Do your homework before coming here, that is what I learned from this experience.
Cons
everything