Property Management Employee Reviews

Hard career to move up in
Property Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2018
My Boss was great. Very hard to move up in the business. Lots of responsibility for a little pay with no benefits. Vacation time was scarce and hard to come by.
Pros
Really liked my boss
Cons
No benefits
A very productive place to work
Maintenance Supervisor/Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VAMay 10, 2018
I come into this company looking to achieve certain goals. I was moved to a higher position from laborer to maintenance supervisor in just a short period of time. I have learned to accomplish set backs to the best of my ability. This was a friendly based job in other words I had to be people oriented. Enjoyed working with the staff and the people that resided in the apartment complex. I overlooked 3 different properties, 2 of which were in separate cities. One in Broadway Virginia and the Other in New Market. I really enjoyed working at this company and the people.
Pros
Good healthcare benefits
Cons
Certain staff members
Excellent Owners
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 18, 2018
Enjoyed working for the Company in my role. Downsized unfortunately, I loved my work. ..................................................................
Position required me to be on the outside face of the company. Remote office was fine with me. They handled the back office so I could focus on Sales and Business Development role. Enjoyed working directly with Property Owners and Renters.
Overall rating very positive experience.
Fair and ethical workplace.
Pros
Pleasant people to work for.
Cons
Low end of pay scale. Short term employment due to downsizing.
Work was steady
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 27, 2018
Enjoyed working for them. Was a fast paced and friendly environment. Learned many new skills while working there as well. However was unhappy with not having employee benefits.
Pros
Was my own boss
Cons
No benefits
I am self employed
Principal Broker/Owner (Current Employee) –  Otis, ORJanuary 14, 2018
Naturally I get a 5-star review for my own work. I have always made an effort to go beyond the expectations of my clients. The most difficult part of this line of work, is keeping all the forms required by the real estate board.
Fast paced fun place to work
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 13, 2017
A typical day at work included:

Advertise vacant units in newspapers and website of the apartment complex
Greet, interview and screen prospective tenants and perform background checks
Record telephonic conversions and personal meetings with prospects
Arrange for apartment tour for renters
Discuss with renters about the changes they prefer in the unit
Type lease agreements and get is signed by renters after confirming their understanding on terms and conditions
Inspect property and fix problems relating to plumbing, electricity, leakage, etc.
Collect rent regularly and maintain records of resident files
Attend and solve tenant complaints
Work with the property manager on extension of apartments
Stay current on the property rental rates
Change policies of the apartment complex as needed

The hardest part of the job was having to refuse prospective tenents, and the best part of the job was helping people find their new home.
Pros
Working with good people.
Cons
Refusing people due to poor credit, evictions, etc...
Terrible Management!!!!
Property Management (Former Employee) –  Quincy, CAOctober 11, 2017
They have poor attendance issues and they pay terribly!!!! Do not work here!!!! They will work you past the point of exhaustion and then pay you as if its the 1920's!!!!!
It was a great learning experience.
Leasing Agent/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 14, 2017
Working for CV HOMES WAS A GREAT opportunity. I wished I was able to continue but I got pregnant and they refused to give me my job back. For this reason I had to quit when my doctor was the the who pulled me off work.
Pros
Free lunch every Friday
Cons
No benefits
fun and productive working environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  DetroitJuly 9, 2017
Processes are easy to learn. Though most of the time, we do self learning, still, the guides provided are easy to understand. I'm up to the challenge whenever there are changes and updates of the processes. It just gives us room for growth for learning. Bottlenecks that I mostly encounter is when new processes were implemented and we're not given the ample time to review.It's all about being plug and play. Nevertheless, my work is fun and it gives me the liberty to work on my own with less supervision.
Pros
unlimited time off with pay
Cons
no health insurance
Busy work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTJune 26, 2017
Hard. Back breaking and have to be done in 3 and a half hours. Always busy and have to be perfect for inspections. Will never work there again. Low paying job for high quality standards
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Not enough money
Property Management
Maple crest apartments (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIJune 6, 2017
Being a property manager was amazing! Yes it had it ups and downs but it was a very busy job! Never knew what they day would bring! did not have much family time though!
Pros
Always something new
Cons
not much family time
Horrid place to work
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 30, 2017
Property management and maintenance company owned by wife and husband, respectively.
Both in it for the money, trying to get all they can without regard to who or how. Including each other.
No written guidelines.
No training.
The longest any other employee had been there was 20 months.
Pros
Cons
No respect for others.
Best job I've had
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2017
Working for this company gave me more skills than I know what to do with and I had a lot of fun almost every day I worked here. The reason I left is because I felt that it was time to find something where I could have more, I am still good friends with a lot of the people I worked with and from time to time I still do some jobs for them.
De valls bluff headstart van driver
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stuttgart, ARApril 24, 2017
Daily pick up of children and drop them off at school, serve breakfast, clean , get prepared for lunch, clean building, serve food, clean up, serve snacks, do paper work get children in place on van take them home. I enjoyed working with the children, fun atmosphere. There was nothing too hard to do. Playing with the kids was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCApril 19, 2017
Family atmosphere. Management was very helpful. Great training. great people to work with. Once the procedures are learnt the work is not hard. Helping others is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
family atmosphere
Carpenter
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 1, 2017
Home Improvement and roofing are your typical duties for everyday work at Property Management. This job is very physical and requires patients and a passion for Home Improvement.
Janitorial Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Awesome management and they are very supportive. All for one and one for all. . . Supervisors are hands on and very involved.
Part Time Job, always fun in the sun
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 7, 2016
Ownership needed someone to oversee a new marina, I took on management - started with 4 boats in marina, now we have 52 boats. Mainly work on Weekends
fun place to work very organize
Property Manager/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 25, 2016
I love working as a property manger I love people i wlways been the type to help anyone. I know this is my calling i enjoy interacting with people ...
Pros
happy residents
Cons
not paying rent on time
It was ok being the manager.Had to deal with some undesireables.
On-site manager and Maintenance man. (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJuly 3, 2016
I would do the job again if giving the opportunity. Some days were better than others..I had to kick a lot of people out because of non payment of rent or they were causing a lot of problems within the complex.
Cons
no health care