PROPETRO SERVICES (MIDLAND) Employee Reviews

Its a cool place, but no benefit
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR/ FRAC TECH (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 30, 2019
A fast place working environment,but no benefit for employees, no housing, no paid time off ... you work your out on 15 dollar an hour , no compensation as the company promised.
worst company ever
Coil Tubing Operator, Level II (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 6, 2019
Management has no structure You are expected to be on call 24/7 without pay Insurance cost $1100 a month! Watched a couple of people almost lose their life. witnessed supervisor having to blow into a breathalyzer to start his truck. Fast paced company that fully disregards safety and employees are treated poorly EPA would have a field day there.
Pros
Cons
Liars
Poor Management
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Low pay and management. only good thing they do is provide your tools for you.
you live in your vehicle, they have one shower for everyone to share, and you eat what you keep in a cooler. than you go to location and deal with no one speaking English, EO's try and messing with you by purposely braking things, than they ask you to work for 4-5 days straight than yell at you for having
to many hours
Pros
coworkers, tools
Cons
no man camp, no real leadership, and Low pay
i'm done
Truck driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 20, 2019
nothing to write about.I did my job as I was hired to do so theirs not much I have to say about pro petro. I did my job professionally without any crashes or tickets so i'm satisfied with my standings with pro petro
Pros
na
Cons
na
Hard work when stuff went wrong.
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 16, 2019
Work very long hard hours never really slept allwaya on the go. Fun place and environment to work in made lots of people an and lots of friends that work for another company now.
Pros
Lunch great
Cons
Healthcare
Amazing atmospheric, staff & awesome Management
Frac AP Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 13, 2019
ProPetro is by far the best company I've ever worked for. Amazing benefits, competitive wadges, warm and extremely friendly staff. Management is extremely family oriented, and understanding. Helps the community, by doing fundraisers, or coat drives. They don't pay the vendors via ACH, so the hardest part of my day is having to explain to my vendors that we have to cut them checks. All in all, i truly enjoy how well my entire team and I get along!
Pros
Wonderful Management, lots of free food
Cons
parking lot is always full
No room for advancement
Frac Field Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 11, 2019
No room for advancement. Lead engineers chose their friends to move up. Advancement in the department is not work based. Also, salary is very low compared to other frac companies in the permian basin.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
low salary
Fair good job
Frac Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXuFebruary 7, 2019
I love learn something new on a job and get along with co worker on da job and working as team and coming home to my family and knowin* I’m doing this for them and my love one friend
Pros
LaDavius
Long work hours
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 26, 2019
Long work hours
They don't care about employees
Field Engineers are not taught anything about engineering
No room for advancement
2 weeks on, 1 week off schedule is played out
If you don't absolutely need a job, take your time and look elsewhere
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Everything else
ProPetro just bought us out - From first to worst.
Unhappy New Field Hand (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 30, 2018
ProPetro just bought part of the company I work for. I'm about to become a very unhappy ProPetro employee.

The company I came from offered 100% paid health insurance for employee and family. We also had access to two separate free health clinics (also for our families). ProPetro pays nothing towards the premium for your family members (even the worst mom and pop oil field service company I've worked for has paid SOME of the family premium). Basically, my new benefits are going to cost $800-$1000 a month.

ProPetro has told us they will "try" to renegotiate the price of our insurance soon with the insurer. Personally I don't care if they renegotiate or not, they should be paying part of this cost. Don't they understand when employees families are taken care of the employee focuses better on their job.

84+ two week on/on week off hour weeks run from Monday to Sunday where I am now. Apparently ProPetro starts workweeks on Wed in order to screw employees out of overtime pay. A completely ridiculous thing to do in an economy with 4% unemployment, I have no idea how they retain employees.

So far we are being told the workweek won't change for us, but how are they going to justify that to all their other employees? Especially since they are bringing those employees to this yard.

The onboarding process to come to this company is also a joke. I have to make an appointment with a benefits counselor to get my benefits instead of doing it in the meeting to come on board. We have been given zero information about the benefits other then cost. No materials from which to make
  more... good decisions. It almost seems they are trying to hide this information.

The one good thing is that if we stay with them for 4 months we will be able to quit and get full severance from the old company, but even then they won't pay it out until two months after the "one time" quit date. It is like being held hostage with the hostage taker hoping you get to the point you like them. I expect a mass migration out of here after April.

I went from a company with the best culture and benefits in the industry to one of the worst. Every employee talks about how they are getting constantly screwed.
Pros
None found yet
Cons
Worst Benefits in the industry
You will work your butt off only to be passed by for promotion to someone’s friend or family memeber
EO (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 6, 2018
It’s an ok place to work if you are not an experienced hand. Treaters with little to no experience know more than hands with years of experience. You will be told your getting your raise then you will get it 3 or 4 months down the line. No housing offered but they give 75 per diem that is taxed so it’s really about 52 per day. If coil is on the well you will not be able to work with a different crew to make hours even though the crews consist of 5 people you will get little to no hours when that happens. Be prepared to be the fall guy because treaters are not to blame. If you have experience you will train everyone on your crew because nobody else will have experience. Benefits like the review above are free if your single but you will pay close to 500 a check if you have a wife and kids.
Pros
A place to work
Cons
Poor management
Good money bad management
Fluid Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 15, 2018
Have a history of lying. They lie about incentives, about time off. Always unorganized with the employees. From one day to the next you can be moved from different frac crews without 24 notice.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Not a good place to work
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 2, 2018
Culturally insensitive to workers who are not Spanish speaking individuals. My department was highly disorganized and lacked sense of direction. It was basically a family affair where nepotism was favourable to those who had family connections.
Productive place to work has showers and takes care of empolyees
Frac Equipment Operator, line boss (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 9, 2018
Overall best placed I've worked. Great people, great work environment, great equipment, benefits great pay ....................etc........... ... . ..
Pros
Great company great people
Cons
Long hours and no advancement
Frack Operator (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Essentially, you're working 14hr days, 7 days a week, and you're making a base of $17/hr. That sounds fine until you weigh your take home pay against the minimum $2k a month rent in Midland for a decent 2br apartment. Your whole cheek goes to rent, and the mandatory 4 days off for every 14 worked keeps you from getting the overtime you need.
Alot of hours
Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 21, 2018
Work wasn't very hard at times. there where occasions where it was extremely labor intensive, but they're was always a team effort to get the job done. management was extremely appreciative of all the hard work and long hours everyone put in. There is a schedule here also which is nice.
Its an alright place to work but not for years
Cement Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 14, 2018
Management needs to step up and see who is a GOOD worker and who is NOT. Their motto is "Anyone can be replaced". A lot of people have been fired for dumb reasons. They need to keep good workers based on how they do at work and attendance. Some workers flat out dont pick up the calls when they are called out for a job, while other people dead tired still come and work. They really need to get out there and see who is doing what and who is actually working and busting their butts for the company. Those are the people that need a raise not the people who dont do squat.
Pros
Somewhat good pay, somewhat flexible
Cons
hardly any time to spend at home
Company with a strong work ethic and patience for little else
Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 10, 2018
Tough, rewarding job with long hours and great pay. Team oriented company with an emphasis on growth and a desire to grow from the inside. Working here has been great.
Pros
free lunches
HSE Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 14, 2018
There's no structure at all. Its all about who you know not what you know. Hours are long and there are no scheduled days off. Only good dept. they have is the HSE...
on the go stay prepared
Frac Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 25, 2018
decent pay and plenty of work, room for advancement. Great crew and team work was good. Somewhat miscommunication with the supervisors but other than that loved the job!
Pros
decent pay plenty of work
Cons
schedule unpredictable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PROPETRO SERVICES (MIDLAND). Our community is ready to answer.

PROPETRO SERVICES (MIDLAND) Reviews by Location