ProQuest Employee Reviews

Very good place to work
Senior Solutions Architect / Developer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 18, 2018
The company is big, very good IT sector, full of good people in IT. Working on fringe technologies what was awesome. One of the best places I ever worked. They even haven a developers day at the end of each quarter that was awesome to develop 'pet projects' and learn new technologies.
Pros
Good managers, projects, working with cutting edge technologies.
Cons
nothing bad.
Senior Management lacks strategy
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Ann ArborOctober 15, 2018
Management is constantly in survival mode and new people are brought in annually. Lack of support for employees and a complete lack of a strategy. Male only management environment.
Good company, okay management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 7, 2018
Good benefits package. Good people. Little (selective) mentorship. Management a bit difficult at times. Reward and recognition very limited and selective.
Management lacked leadership skills
Client Engagement/ Customer Accountant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 11, 2018
ProQuest as a whole is a great place to work. I knew numerous people in other departments who loved their job and manager. Finance had a lot of problems. There is a high turnover and Top managers lacked any sort of leadership training which caused low morale and inefficiency.
Pros
Free coffee, good people
Cons
Lack of leadership skills
Paid well
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 6, 2018
Great job but the climate may have changed.Paid well. Direction of the company was confusing and product launches were having failure. Hopefully the company is back on track.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
Senior leadership seemed as though they didn't know what they were doing, Too much confusion of the direction of the company
Great
Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 3, 2018
Good company
Great people around you
very localized and narrow in vision
Things move very slowly and some of the old timers do not let things go out of their hand ; trying to control everything.
good place to work
Shipping and Receiving/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 30, 2018
good place to work.relaxed atmosphere,friendly people,clearly defined parameters,management is willing to work with you to solve any job performance issues that may come up
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
some jobs are monotonous
Work from home a big plus
CONTENT EDITOR (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 29, 2018
I've been a contracted employee for ProQuest for a few years and have not been given the opportunity to become a full-time employee. This means that I get paid hourly, have no benefits, and have to use my own money to get to work. The best part about the company is that they allow employees to work from home a lot.
Enjoyed my time
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at ProQuest. Unfortunately, the project I was on was cancelled, which ended our development team. I left shortly before the layoffs.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 21, 2018
Very diverse relaxed job and the people were very nice. You basically are own your own at work no one is watching you or checking you but they do know when you are messing up.
Good
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  AnnarborMarch 5, 2018
Very good working culture!! And also used learned a lot of new tools and technologies and had actually learned how to do wonders in less time and achieved the functionality!!!
Great people, flexibility
Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 30, 2018
For the most part, I did not work at the client site - Proquest, but traveled there as needed. I worked mostly at MaximGroup. I had pretty free reign on who and when to talk to, how to design and implement the software. I simply needed to submit expected schedule information. Proquest people were great, and open to new ideas.
Pros
Great people, freedom to act
Slow Executive Decision Making
Sr. Director - North America Academic Segment (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 11, 2018
Many of the executives were slow to make positive/revenue generating decisions. Initiatives would stall or get stale. This created some frustration within the organization.
Provided customers with technical solutions to problems with document delivery.
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 10, 2018
I position required me to help customers with hardware and software solutions. I made many site visits to setup the ProQuest system. Which included intergrading it to their network systems. When not visiting customers sites I worked in the call center taking customer calls.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
No real cons
Unappreciated
Corporate Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 8, 2018
In my 2 year contract at ProQuest I watched some of the greatest minds leave the company because management would rather pay someone less to do their job. I love what the company does as a whole but they were focusing on quantity and not quality. They also were not building up the team they had but rather in constant search for outside talent. After 2 years of my contract being threatened every three months, no benefits, Michigan pay in the expensive Silicone Valley I had to call it quits. There was no future for me there.
Pros
You feel satisfied with the product's worth
Cons
Bad Management, low pay, disorganized
Progressive, Cutting-edge and personally rewarding place to work
Director, Operations (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 29, 2017
Progressive, Cutting-edge and personally rewarding place to work with great people and management. Leading provider of research software for academic research.
Pros
free coffee
Good workplace friendly people I am not directly hired at ProQuest I am a contractor that is my only real complaint.
Content Editor (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 1, 2017
ProQuest is a good company to work for I have no qualms with the company or my management the only thing that I dislike about the company they have too many temps and it seems to be difficult for you to be hired on as a permanent employee that is my only complaint.
Pros
Free food and coffee.
Cons
I am a contractor not a direct hire.
Big company, moves slow.
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 22, 2017
They seem to be in a slow-moving market. This company has grown through mergers and acquisition of older properties and consolidation in the newer academic e-content markets. Now they have to digest and integrate what they have bought. That means cutting costs while trying to combine products, leaves no room for real product innovation. More nimble niche competitors will continue to emerge in their markets, while they look like an 800-lb gorilla while not dominating like one. Internally, there is a lot of challenging work and opportunity for good engineering experience, if they are willing to fund it.
Pros
Full benefits, fair pay
Cons
Uneven leadership, turnover.
Flex time
Editor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 7, 2017
Pay is on the low end, but offset by flex time & extended vacation time. No possibility of advancement. Possibility of layoffs within the next year.
Pros
4 paid development days per year.
Cons
No advancement potential.
fun place and good work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 27, 2017
Good work and nice people but upper management is clueless of the direction
Free lunches and good Healthcare plans.
Good team building activities and festival celebrations
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
More contractors than FT, Narrow minded managers