ProScribe, LLC Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Scribe (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 19, 2019
The management team is so unorganized. No one knows anything. All these reviews are truthful and I wish I had listened and not taken the job. After you get hired expect at least 2-3 months before you actually get placed in a clinic. None of them talk to each other. I highly do not recommend.
Worst Company I've Ever Worked For
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 15, 2019
I graduated from college many years ago and worked in the business field for quite some time. I've worked for my fair share of companies, and have been around the block a few times. The level of unprofessionalism in this company is like none I've ever known.

The moment I started training with this company, I knew it was going to be poor. Management was clueless throughout the entire process, and they throw you to the wolves as soon as you start. They also expect you to know four years of anatomy and physiology in your 2 weeks of training, all while paying you minimum wage ($7.25 an hour) during your training process.

Avoid this company like the plague unless you've exhausted all other options. While the job itself isn't bad, this company is. And they do not care about you at all. You are strictly a number.
Pros
medical experience
Cons
poor management, poor pay, poor training
Medical Scirbe
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2019
Typical day at work includes obtaining badge before shift, clocking in, reviewing patients transferred to shift doctor. Assist doctor in medical charting throughout shift.
Reactive vs. proactive
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 14, 2018
The company in itself is a very reactive company instead of being proactive. Proscribe offers effective and efficient scribes that can handle various locations to include Emergency Department, Primary Care, and several others. However, at this location they seemed to be unable to attract qualified, competent personal to serve as a Medical Scribe in the Emergency Department due to various reasons. Some reason may include lack of competitive salary for the region or certain shifts. Overall, the I rather enjoyed working for Proscribe and would have no problem seeking employment from them in the future.
The worst company in america
Scribe/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2018
ProScribe is the worst company I have ever experienced. They are the definition of unprofessional. The hiring process took 4 months before I received my first paycheck. I did countless training's that I barely got paid for that were mandatory before I was in the field. The communication from management was abominable, deplorable, and egregious. Between myself and the collaborating physicians, ProScribe never relayed the necessary information in a timely manner. Physicians were not notified of schedule changes, etc. and left in the dark about where their Scribes would be. ProScribe never took ownership of their lack of communication and actually placed blame on us as scribes for their failure to relay vital information to the Physicians. I feel bad for those that have to work with them to make ends meet. Trying to work with a company like this knowing you need the money to live is frustrating. They take everything they can out of us as workers for bare minimum pay. The management is inconsiderate and not reliable in any sense. I am ashamed to say I was associated with this company and feel sympathy for anyone that has to deal with them.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Good experience and get to work with many healthcare professionals
Emergency Room Scribe (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 14, 2018
ProScribe is a good way to get experience in the emergency care setting and work with many different physicians and PAs/NPs. The environment is quick paced and allows for growth in medical knowledge.
Great clinical experience, AWFUL management
Certified Medical Scribe Specialist (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 7, 2018
The hiring process, clinical training and workplace culture and healthcare experience were great... but the remote management was an absolute nightmare.
Good work experience
Good place to work (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 19, 2018
Good company to work for if interested in the medical field. You will be able to learn a lot of medical terminology and observe how physicians work in the ER.
Has Pros and Cons
MEDICAL SCRIBE/TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 16, 2018
The company has its pros and cons. It is very new so it feels very unorganized at times. The pay isn't very competitive as I could make more working at walmart or target, but the experience is worth while.
Bad pay, horrible management that isn't local
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 1, 2018
Bad place to work. horrible pay. 20-30 hours max as a full time employee. No benefits. Good for someone looking for introduction experience in the medical field. No advancement available.
Pros
experience
Great experience for pre-health careers
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Waco, TX; Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Invaluable exposure to physicians as they see patients in both the Emergency Department and clinic settings. Offered opportunities to interact with patients, document their complaints and medical treatment plans, and participate in the medical environment as part of the patient care team.
The hardest part of this job is learning to deal with death as a reality of life. The medical community is uniquely positioned to greatly effect the experiences of the patients and family members that pass through our care. As a medical scribe, I was able to observe how different physicians and other medical professionals help patients and family members deal with new medical diagnoses and possible death.
The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling like I was able to make a difference in the life of the patient through making the physician more efficient. Taking responsibility for the documentation piece of a doctor's visit allows the physician to focus on patient care.
Pros
Flexible schedule, medical field experience
Cons
Low pay
Great stepping stone
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2018
You spend your whole shift filling out the medical record alongside the doctor as they see patients. Excellent exposure to the medical field at an entry level. There is opportunity to advance within Proscribe and become a site coordinator or trainer.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay
Worst company I have ever worked for!
Scribe (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILAugust 29, 2018
My experience with ProScribe has been absolutely HORRIBLE! I was hired in June and did not start my first training shift until the end of August. I was told I would have 36 hours a week including 3 days a week 12 hour shifts. I am lucky if I get 2 shifts a week. They pay you minimum wage for training and the training literally takes over a month. No one communicates with me or with other people in the company. If you ask questions you either don't get a response or the response you get is so rude and unprofessional. I was told to quit my job and be available starting July 30. Since I didn't even begin the training until the end of August I went an entire month with no paycheck. No income what so ever. It is absolutely inexcusable to run a company like this. In addition you have to sign a contract to work for them for so many months. If you quit before this time then you have to pay them back money for your training. You also sign a noncompete meaning you cannot work for another scribing company for an entire year. The experience I do get at my job site is great but the company is horrible. I would not recommend anyone work for them. Find another company to get scribing experience.
This company is full of it
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2018
THIS COMPANY IS UNORGANIZED AS ALL GET OUT!! Nobody knows what is going on, its completely a mess. It's a good job for someone who is in school, needing part time work. Otherwise stay away. Try and get a scribe position through a hospital or doctors office. Avoid this company at all cost. The work you do is NOT worth what they pay you. Trust me! They don't hold up their end of the contract, the managers know just as much as you (nothing), its a total mess. S.T.A.Y A.W.A.Y!
Pros
Great opportunities/experience
Cons
Company sucks
Pretty awful, consider this first:
ED Concierge (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2018
You work 9.5 hours with only a half hour lunch break. No other breaks. Also because you are working for a company located in Texas, that means wherever you live and are working, you are alone and have no supervisor or boss there to ask questions after the trainers leave you. Due to HIPAA you can't have your personal cellphone out so you're really stuck if you run into trouble and don't have all of your bosses numbers written down. And even if you have them written down, good luck getting them to answer the phone. Communication with this company is HORRIBLE, especially during training. In my experience, they won't tell you things they need until the last minute then you have to drop everything and stress about finding a solution to what they require by the deadline. HR is rude. Now let me tell you how much money comes out of your pocket. YOU have to buy your scrubs, and if you aren't up to date on your vaccinations, those as well. You may have to purchase a copy of your transcript if you don't have one, as well as your immunization record. (They're cheap but it all adds up.) ProScribe pays $250 for your training. You have to order scrubs from the website they give you (so they say, turns out cheaper scrubs of the same color from Wal-Mart will suffice but they don't tell you), and if you order the wrong size, you aren't refunded for shipping. If you quit, you can't return the scrubs if they've been worn or are embroidered, so you wasted money there. You waste money (like I did) if you buy non-slip shoes that they say is required because it turns out you can just wear tennis shoes.  more... What is taught in training and what the documents you sign say sometimes differs from what they actually allow and it's frustrating. You have to pay for your vaccinations which depending on which ones/ how many you need can get pricey. If you have any visible unacceptable piercings you have to take them out due to health risks and my piercing closed so now I have to pay to get that redone. And last but not least, you owe them $250 back for your paid training if you quit before your contract is up. A place like this in my opinion isn't worth investing so much in.  less
Pros
Pay
Cons
This company and authority figures within it, One 30 min break, Disorganized, Lack of communication
I loved working here!
Emergency Room Scribe (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 17, 2018
I worked for Proscribe in the ER at St. John Medical Center. It was a fantastic experience. Almost all the scribes there are pre-health students and love learning and talking about medicine. The doctors are great, and so is the management. It is very easy to work the hours and days that you prefer, and its easy to move things around. Working part time, if you want to take a long vacation you can work all of your shifts for the month in the first couple weeks and have the rest of the month off.
Pros
You learn a lot - great experience for a med school application
Cons
Short breaks
Interesting Job
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2018
Great job if you're pre-med or pre nursing, but the pay isn't that great. The pros to working at this i\place is the flexible hours, but due to constant hiring of new people, sometimes you barely have enough hours.
Good Work Experience
Emergency Department Scribe (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2018
This was a great company to begin introducing yourself to relevant work experience. The environment is as difficult as you would like to make it, and the work is consistent.
Cons
Low compensation
Good job for getting in the field
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 30, 2018
I enjoy the job itself, taking notes for the doctors is a great way to keep your brain up to par with terminology. The downside sometimes outweighs that since there isn't much room for moving up in the company and they pay you terribly for how hardcore the training and job itself is. Everyone that works the job I do has to have a second job because there is no way you can live off of the little hours they give and the low pay.
Pros
recommendation letters, practice in the medical field
Cons
low pay, not many hours
Very fast paced and productive
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 22, 2018
A typical of day at work varied between quiet, or all hands on deck. however, I was so excited to be in the position I was in and about this job for the ability to get my foot in the door for the medical field. I am a hands-on learner, and just in the short amount of time, I learned SO much about how to identify certain issues with patients. I loved the environment. however, the hardest part of the job in the training was all of my trainers all taught me differently. I understand every scribe works in their own way, but when it came to my final shift they were not comfortable with leaving me on my own shift due to the way the training was and imputing either irrelevant information or not being updated due to the entire system changes that were being enforced and changed at the time where new information was being needed. Due to that being an issue, I was let go by a manager due to "not being up to their standards) after that but invited to be rehired 30 days later. The most enjoyable part of the job was working side by side with Doctors and nurses. I loved learning from them and I got comfortable knowing what those physicians required on their charts and how they liked to do things which it is vital to adjust to your physician's needs due to being their right hand and make the job easier for them.
Pros
Lunches bought by the physicians, learning and just being in that envronment
Cons
benefits, pay, not all of that branch of managers and trainers were on the same page about training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ProScribe, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight