Proshred Security Employee Reviews

First Job Out of College
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 26, 2018
I was given the chance to learn what sales was all about. Learned a lot about business and how companies work while in this role. Set me up for success in my future roles.
dont waste your time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  torontoAugust 15, 2017
Don't waste your time if your looking for a sales career this is a company acquiring other company's for size little emphasis on the staff that they acquire and quality
Pros
no pros
Cons
all cons
ok
Driver - (Customer Service Professional) (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 12, 2017
A typical day was collecting customers documents for destruction.We serviced commercial and residential customers on site.Depending on amount of collections,we would dump the paper at a recycle facility.
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
A great place to start Sales career
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2017
It's a great place to begin a sales career and get your name out there. A fun fast paced environment without much micromanagement. I'd highly recommend working there.
Its more of a place for retired workers or college kids..not a place for someone trying to raise a family or looking for advancement
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILMarch 5, 2017
Pretty easy job no room at for advancement an the pay is bad it doesn't meet the requirements of the actual job..we are horribly underpaid but on a good note after 3 years on the job they finally added insurance
Pros
Supervisor is a very fair guy an the labor is not bad
Cons
Mom and pop company so maybe aftet about 10.more years things will be significant better
Proshred - A Great Place to Work
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 8, 2017
Proshred is a small office that is friendly and fast-growing company-
A typical day at work involves greeting clients who bring in their shredding (small amounts) - my day includes posting checks, making deposits, collection calls, creating statements and reconciling bank and credit card accounts.
I have learned about finance and also have a deeper knowledge of accounting.
Co-workers are great! We get along fabulously and help each other out when needed.
The hardest part of the job is collections from late-payers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the small office atmosphere and an easy-going boss.
Pros
The owner buys lunch when he's in town.
Cons
Small office.
Worst place to ever work
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIApril 7, 2016
I would highly recommend no one work for proshred in Brookfield, WI the branch manager has no idea of what's going on and loosing market share and the competition is fierce. Branch manager was treating employees very disrespectfully and micromanaging
Pros
Not stuck in the office
Cons
Benefits were horrible
A peoples person
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 20, 2014
I am a full time college student at GMU, working on earning my bachelors degree in Events a Management as quickly as I can. Planning events has always been a serious passion of mines, so I figured why not make it a career. I feel that with my experience, I'd make a perfect candidate for any company looking to hire a part time event coordinator, assistant or even a receptionist at an event planning company. My hours are flexible, I am able to learn new things and adapt quickly to a new environment. Working with people and as a team player has been a strength of mines in the past and I plan to keeping it that way.
Pros
Hour long paid lunch breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Sales and Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Elmsford, NYNovember 10, 2012
I learned a lot about Operations, Sales and Business Operations
Pros
a lot of freedom to learn
Cons
small company without a lot of room for growth
Drudgery
Inside Sales/Teleprospector (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 18, 2012
Little interaction with others to exchange company related information and no chance for advancement.
Solid growth company with room for advancement as business expands. Owner at times reacts to feeds,without research of reasons behind what he hears.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 29, 2012
ISO2000 company providing boutique shredding of secure documents. Small company,but growth/service well managed over time. Still learning the ropes,but owner is trying. Good field of service work. Wear earplugs. Customers range from doctors,lawyers and other professional associations to homeowners who don't want someone ID thefting their bank accounts. Customers are the best part of the job.
Pros
good uniform service provided, business cell phone, area maps (good ones) provided. street finder quality.
Cons
spotty truck maintenance, internal politics way out of balance juxtaposed to size of workforce.