ProSource Wholesale

Clear
4.0Pay & Benefits

ProSource Wholesale insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good Job - Lots of Strong Personalities

The Sales Staff are the engine that drive each location, so they are of course receive the best compensation and the most personal attention and support from management. If you are support personnel, you can expect to be worked hard, and not given a lot of support. Fair compensation, for the most part, but the us vs. them between sales and support can be a little tiresome. Job is stressful at times, but the staff is small, there does tend to be a sense of team-work. Manager's and sales staff salary is almost 100% commission, so if you are support staff don't let yourself get in the way of profit, or you'll be in jeopardy.

Pros

Well-Compensated, Small Staff

Cons

Stressful, Us vs. Them between Sales and Support

Professional work environment

Decent place to work but the salary for a kitchen/bath designer should be higher given the goals they give you. Commission bonus comes out to be a whopping barely 1% of your overall million dollar sales goal if that.

Pros

Independent

Cons

Bonus is terrible

Working

Great people to work with in a a good environment make it feels like family u can borrow money in ur check if things and situations get tight make you feel like a big family environment

Pros

Hr paid lunch

Cons

No benefits

Worst job experience of my life.

I think it is important to note this company is a franchise, the location I worked at has filed for bankruptcy. Other locations may be running very smoothly however the one in Denver was intolerable. Disorganized, poor management, constant customer complains. The customer complaints were totally valid, endless and impossible to address with no help from management. It was also a practice to promise a certain salary then pay less, promise to fix it when confronted yet never actually fix it.

Pros

None.

Cons

Pay, benefits, stress.

Enjoyable Company

Had a great team of people to work with! You meet so many new people, most whom you build strong working relationships with. My Manager was amazing and always tried to show appreciation to the employees. I really enjoyed working there!

Pros

Coworkers, meeting new people, bonuses

Cons

Cost of benefits and growth potential

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Tough but rewarding

Learn something new everyday and have control over how much you earn. You get what you put in. Pay is livable but you'd prefer to hit sales goals and get commission. You have to network and build your own territory as walk-in customers are limited and often tied to other account managers. Takes a while to earn clients trust and earn their business. They are not a turn key company so you need to have product knowledge and experience working with contractors to understand how to sell to them. Communication is vital with your customers since the company does not advertise. You have to do a lot more than just show up, it can be highly stressful at times but I like the benefits and pay structure. Management expects you to build your own territory and prospect but doesn't force you to, it's relaxed and could be tougher. The hardest parts in my opinion are learning the the showroom and pricing as nothing is labeled with a price or getting motivated for cold calling new business in. You have to be computer literate and ask a lot of questions. A typical day at work is arriving, opening up shop, helping customers, entering in quotes/sales orders in the computer, following up with previous clients, prospecting, cleaning the showroom/putting away samples, calling vendors for price inquiries, learning new products, doing take offs, following up with customers. The most enjoyable part is the office is pretty relaxed, everyone works hard and wants you to succeed. It is a team driven environment.

Pros

Flex your creative muscle

Cons

Product Backorders

Many hours in and not rewarded for my efforts

Many hours were put into working at ProSource. Typically I would work 11 out of every 14 days, Often I worked over 50 hours per week but was not compensated for all of my time. Management was flexible with requesting time off for urgent tasks but not with compensation,

December 9, 2019
Account Managers are paid a base salary, which is exempt. An exempt employee is not entitled to overtime pay by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Account Managers also earn commission on their sales, so earning potential is unlimited; the harder you work, the more you earn. Account Managers need to earn the trust of their members and cultivate positive relationships with their members.

I love working here!

ProSource has 150+ franchise locations in the US and Canada; each is independently owned and operated, so pay and benefits vary by location. I work in the corporate office assisting showrooms with Talent Acquisition and Development. Your attitude and effort play a big role in your success with ProSource Wholesale. Our Account Managers are paid a base salary plus commissions with unlimited earning potential.

Pros

Opportunity for Advancement, No evening hours, Excellent training programs, Easy access to corporate staff for support

Forklift Driver-Hudson Valley PS

Due to a lack of reviews for logistics positions in the company I feel obligated to provide my own experiences. The receiving process for inbound orders was both disorganized and highly dated. The size of an incoming shipment as well as the priority of the merchandise is entirely random. Further the scheduling of most deliveries was equally as random and made for utter chaos for the receiving coordinator. You could literally not have a truck all day and the next day you have tractor-trailers lined up around the corner one after another impatiently waiting to be unloaded. Combine that with high pressure sales antics coming from the pushy account managers and over all the "warehouse" adds up to one chaotic place to work. I would not advise anyone that did not really know what they were doing in terms of dock work to take this job. Although there are computers in use pretty much everything is done by paper and pencil. I would say in regards to my past warehouse positions this location is about 10 to 20 years behind in terms of technology. That lack of connectivity falls on your shoulders as an employee. Mediocre health benefits, okay hours, disinterested ownership/upper management.Fairly smooth customer pick-up procedures is about the only positive thing I could say about the dock. Its job but that's about it. I would not recommend this position to anyone who values their sanity.

August 12, 2019
This is good feedback for the owner of this franchise location. We are always looking for ways to improve. We do work in a very fast-paced environment that requires excellent time-management skills. All deliveries and inventory are maintained within a computer system.Incoming shipments are not random. Shipments contain only what is ordered by our Members; we do not keep on-hand inventory.

Fun place to work

Prosource offers quality products at wholesale prices. It is a commission based position so your income is variable. You have control in maintaining your accounts.

June 17, 2019
We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your work at ProSource! The account manager (sales) positions are commission based, but other positions are either hourly or salary. Some positions also include opportunities for bonuses.

Prosource of Hampton Roads

I have been working for Prosource for 3 years now. Definitely involves some hard work but at the end very reward-able. Love seeing projects come to life with clients. Also the hours are reasonable as well as the salary and compensation you receive. Would love to advance in the Prosource company! Management is superb but would like to see some change every now and then.

Pros

Great Hours and Decent Pay! Also Great Employees

Cons

Working every Saturday

December 18, 2018
It is great to hear that you enjoy working with the ProSource team in Chesapeake. Keep up the hard work!

October 18, 2018
Sounds like you enjoy what you do. Working Saturday mornings might be a downer, but at least you have evenings off ;-). Many of our showrooms rotate the Saturday morning hours so that each person works 1 or 2 each month.

Miles of product and fun!!

One of the best places I have ever worked. Home building industry can be cut throat, but here feels like home. I love coming to work and enjoy all of my members and my clients!!

Pros

Showroom events, pay, benefits, atmosphere

Cons

I don't have any right now

October 18, 2018
So good to hear! It is employees like you that differentiate ProSource from the Big Box and other Retail stores. We are able to provide a level of customer service they don't.

Overall great place to work

Rated as top sales #1-#3 in all Prosource stores nationwide (approx 180 stores). I have made great friends and have met lifelong clients! It's a high volume store, but they offer excellent commissions and spiffs to offset the salary. Prosource has an overall great energy.

Pros

Commissions and spiffs, in addition to salary

Cons

Exuberant hours 55-60 hours per week

April 30, 2018
Nice work! There are 145 ProSource Showrooms currently in operation. That number will increase to about 150 by the end of 2019. ProSource of Orlando has been in the top three for several years.

a decent company to work for

selling flooring and cabinetry. constant product knowledge training. pay is poor for the work you are doing. benefits are good. some management is okay.

April 30, 2018
We like to make sure our account managers keep up with the latest trends so that they can have the knowledge needed to make every sale. Account managers are paid a base salary plus commissions, so actual earnings are dependent upon individual efforts. The showrooms in Chicago are also under new ownership as of April 1, 2018.

very corporately runned

They help sales associate get started with good compensation package. they do give you the tools to succeed. competitive market. great insurance program

December 7, 2017
ProSource of Naperville is a true example of the ProSource model, utilizing all of the tools for success provided by the corporate office. The relationship between the corporate office and the showroom is unique - the corporate office's main goal is individual and showroom success. Have a question or suggestion? Give us a call!

Great place to work.

Everyone knows what their role is and gets the job done. There is great team work and cooperation among coworkers. The customer comes first and everyone strives to give a great customer experience. Fast paced, friendly atmosphere. Compensation is more than fair and PTO is earned on a monthly basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship we have with our customers, installers, and vendors.

Pros

Great pay and benefits.

Cons

Do not get the day after Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve off with pay.

November 30, 2017
It's true. Our showrooms are closed on major holidays, but most are open on the days surrounding the holiday. On the upside, it's not retail and open during business hours only.

Best ran company I've ever been apart of

The entire Prosource Family is welcoming and supportive. Unlike any atmosphere I've had before. They offer trading for both tenured and new employees and continue to progress as a company. They are among the best with benefits they offer, and are generous with time off

Pros

Great training and support, Pto

Cons

Takes some time to gain traction in sales

November 30, 2017
All things we love to hear! ProSource of Fort Worth is also one of largest Family groups within the organization. The showroom is also blessed with managers dedicated to hiring the best and training them well.

Great place to Work.

We are taken care of extremely well! Everyone gets along like family and really we almost spend as much time here as we do at home. The job itself can become stressful at times when you're dealing with vendors and trying to max out the customer's expectations but having a good team to support you makes the load bearable.

November 30, 2017
It is so important to be taken care of. It's not just about making a profit, but about making sure our people are happy and enjoy their work and environment. We all support each other well.

It is an ok sales job

Not the best commission set up but overall the place is good. The days can get long when traffic is slow. All of us work all of the open hours which seems a little inefficient.

November 30, 2017
The best way to improve traffic is to bring on more members, which means prospecting more during the slow times. Eventually, you will have less time to prospect because you are too busy helping members and clients with product selection!Regarding the hours, at least it's not retail; ProSource is a business-hours business, that typically does not employ flex or part-time employees. The commission schedule is unique to each showroom.

Definitely not for the lazy or uninventive

ProSource is a high paced workspace. You have to be able to adapt yourself to different types of people and personalities and if you can't then as a salesperson you will not succeed. I have been with ProSource for over 10 years and have worked in every aspect of the place. I prefer being a salesperson over warehouse, expeditor or management. I like working with different people and feeling awesome after helping design multiple homes and spaces for people. Adaptability is a key personality trait you must have or the ProSource environment will be hard for you. As with any place you work management can make a difference in how you view your workplace. I have worked with good and bad managers here mostly good though. I have even acted as an interim store manager in between hirings! ProSource is not an easy do nothing job, it is active and demands your attention. If you don't give it attention you won't get any reward.

Pros

family flexible, benefits, fun

Cons

possibly not good co-workers

November 30, 2017
Well stated. Unfortunately hiring is always a risk; sometimes you get a bad seed. It is great that you have enjoyed working for ProSource. 10 years is quite a stretch, especially in the sales world. We look forward to working with you for the next 10!

Never a dull moment!

No two days are exactly the same at ProSource Wholesale. Lots of new challenges and exciting happenings each and everyday. Watching your client base grow along with you salary is a pretty cool thing! Great culture and lots of incentive to do your best.

Pros

exciting atmosphere, personal growth, very competitive compensation

November 15, 2017
Yes, your income equals your efforts! Keep it up! We especially love that this success is in one of our newest showrooms!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ProSource Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ProSource Wholesale