Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc.

Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States23 reviews
Poor communication with contractors / consultants. Underfunded and poor collaboration with the business. It unfortunately is one of those companies that you feel like a number vs a true business partner - collaborator
Most effective and collaborative team to work with and had a chance to learn new modules that Oracle introduced during the time i was working with the client.
Focus on providing the client with the best product and ability to meet deadlines. Leadership was actively involved and easily accessed. It was immediately apparent that we all had one goal and we were a team.
Over time with updates to management and overall direction within the project the workplace became a good place to be. At the end of the day being able to assist the end users with their questions and to be able to show them how to make their job easier was the most rewarding.
The clinic can get busy even though it's mostly appointment first and possibly walk ins depending on the accommodation you get. The company provides patients with several resources so they are able to understand their insurance and the benefits that come along with it. They are always looking for people willing to help others.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Working as a consultant under a 1099 contract with very little support from recruiting company. Staff are let go on this project for no apparent reason while others are kept that aren't visibly doing much of anything. Year long contract has ended with no communication about extension, suppose it is just implied. Very limited communication overall
The manager is promoted to higher level management team in a short term. The reason is that she has a long-tern AFFAIR with a higher level manager in the other team.

Yup, that's the culture in the company.
I worked from 8 am until 9 PM - It was not required of me. I simply wanted to make a major difference in the community I served. I enjoyed the work environment and the people I worked with - However, it was difficult to build a meaningful relationship with corporate types who did not respect the direction you were driving the operation.

At the end I which I had more control over my workforce leadership
Poor upper management. High turnover at the C-Suite level. Some facilities are poorly run. The VP level individuals are not smart or industry leaders. Blemish on my resume.
Very toxic environment. Layoffs do to poor management and leadership.
Entitlement environment, not looking to improve the company, only concern with profits and bottom line...
The line managers are great to work with. The company leadership needs to be changed. The culture lacks a positive attitude. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
None come to mind
Cons
Leadership, Technology, Culture
Learned how to work efficiently in a fast passed environment. Work culture is nice and helpful. Keeping up with the work can be hard. Its a good place to learn skills.
There is an tremendously negative work environment. Zero appreciation for your positive work ethic and achievement. The only focus is on what you did not do. No chance for advancement, pay raise or benefit.
Pros
Cons
Negative environment
Enjoy working for Visiting Nurse & Health Services of CT. Since acquired by Prospect Medical Holdings, many layoffs. My job will be the next to be eliminated in the next round of layoffs.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
layoffs, poor health insurance
The "for profit" mentality really drives and negatively influences operations and staffing. You are flexed a lot and basic resources to do your job are unavailable (wheelchairs, working lifts, printers, office supplies). Doctors are not readily available and make rounds late at night when family and friends are not present and do not round on patients daily. The care they provide is questionable and very often delayed and up to community standard. Nurses are apathetic and uncaring and take a long time to respond to patient's needs. Hospital management and Corporate are not in alignment and often conflict with each other's goals and use of staff/productivity. There is a clear disconnect between Corporate and the hospital and hospital management is not held accountable for their actions/lack of. There have been two lay offs within 3 years.
The work is easy and loving the people at the hospitals. Management is poor and not very supportive. Outsourcing Helpdesk without notifying users. Offshore supports are poor and hard to communicate with daily. Offshore lacks the troubleshooting skills and communication skills to support the hospitals.
Pros
Likes the works and people
Cons
Poor Management
It is usually a productive 8hrs of work in a warm relaxed environment and the teams collaborate with one another. The work volume for each employee is a little overwhelming. However, the flexibility is one of the enjoyable part of the job at PMH Inc.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
work volume
I was lied to and forced to use vendors that made no scents My time with Alta was I back stabbing environment . There is a lot of turn over at Alta do to the cut corner unsafe practice of Corp. management
Hospital Work - I work as a driver for the hospital. I courier and provide patient transportation services for seven hospitals.

The corporation is a nice place to work. The hospital administration is very professional and care about employees.
The best part of this company is the staff. The hardest part is pay and benefits are not good. Very small hospital every one knows everyone. You get flexed a lot.
Pros
lots of potlucks
Cons
benefits are expensive. flexed often
Interesting place to work, I learned a lot about the 3 main pay groups and how to handle them on a day to day basis, Their policy on escalate was helpful because there was always someone there when you had questions. The most enjoyable part was nice co workers.
Pros
ice cream socials in appreciation