Prospect Medical Systems Employee Reviews

Overworked and Underpaid
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 7, 2017
Prospect Medical is understaffed and has a high turnover rate. Management tends to hire people weaker than them for job security instead of building a strong team. The hire you at a low rate and pile on work after you have finished your training. It can be very political.
Pros
Great benefits, fun staff
Cons
Low salaries, long hours
Prospect is Painful
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 31, 2017
This organization is not worth your time, avoid them at all costs. The management team has fired more than 15 people in the finance dept. since 2014 that I know of. The organization is under constant investigation. Their contract management team will never adhere to contracts as a matter of business practice nor will they pay incentive payments to Doctors until the last second they are due. They are narrow network hospital healthcare, business if you are unfortunate enough to get healthcare through them you may have to travel 25 miles or more out of area to see a specialist.
Pros
Cons
These people are allowed to continune by CMS
This is a great company.
IDX Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 7, 2017
I did learn a lot from my co-workers when I was working in the company. I also obtained more working experience with GE/IDX Managed Care System there. I like to be working there again if I have an opportunity again.
UM Out Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at Prospect Medical, but I had an family death that happened and had to be there for the grieving part of the family or else be there still.
Pros
No body there is nosey.
Cons
Need better air conditioning system and writting supplies for staff, you have to provide your own.
Glad I finally left
Former Employee Network Mgt (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 28, 2017
One hears regularly in elevators, walking to car, and in lunch room how stressed everyone feels. Managers don't train, just say 'get it done'. I was told by multiple employees that the company does not care for their employees and after many years, I was convinced. It is evident in their high employee turn over, it is likely high due to bad management, poor tools and conditions. No value on employees but only on outcomes for unachievable goals. They took away annual bonuses. Pay other bonuses late - very late. Cant grow due to poor performance. Upper management rude and trickles down. I am so happy where I am now, worth the move.
Pros
If you are willing to say what they want to hear and on the right team, you could be a favorite
Cons
Upper mgt. No support, poor benefits
Low company morale
Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 1, 2017
After just one week I had multiple employees within the Finance Dept telling me I should not seek permanent employment at Prospect Medical.
Pros
Enjoyed coworkers, daily hot meals for purchase
Cons
Bad management, belittled employees, low pay/long hours
A company that is trying to turn around
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 31, 2017
I loved working there, but the problem was that we didnt have the correct tools to be able to do our jobs effectively. The people there were great, but it was stressful due to all the compliance issues that they had as a company.
Great Co-Workers Horrible Managment
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 31, 2017
This is the absolute worst place I ever worked for. I worked here about a year and I have never seen a place that was so unorganized. Protocols and procedures were changed almost daily. It was a very hostile environment between employees and management.

The manager seemed to not know what she was doing most of the time. Fights would almost break out in meetings. The Vice President resigned after stating in a meeting that she was "unhappy". The overturn of employees is very high causing which affected work productivity. Every time you would get one person trained one orr more employees would quit.

When you express general concerns to upper management you are ignored or blamed for the multitude of problems the department.

I end up leaving because it started to affect my physical and mental well being. Work here at your own risk.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, pay, parking, software, procedures and protocols
Bad management, overworked, bad training, no appreciation
Prospect employee (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 15, 2017
I worked at Prospect for a few years and although I loved the people i worked with and others around the company, the management in my dept was horrible. I dont think the "manager" really had a sense of the anount of work one person was expected to do especially since we were always short staffed with people on vacation & calling out. The manager didnt even know how to do what we were expected to do so training was almost non existent. I think i was trained 1 1/2 days then expected to know it.. Luckily my experience helped me catch on quick. However i saw this bad training go on with every person that came on board. Their are definitely favorites and the way my manager communicated with each of us it showed. Manager in my department made me feel uncomfortable even going to her for any help and when i did she wasnt much help. Everyone in the dept was not pleased with the management but stuck around because honestly we all need a job. Sometimes we felt she was bringing her personal problems to work and taking it out on the staff... Very unprofessional. If u like bad benefits, low compensation for what youre expected to do, unorganized management, and 40 -50 cent yearly raises then PMG is for u. Dont let the new fancy building fool you.
Pros
Co workers, lots of free food at times
Cons
Bad management, compensation, no employee appreciation
always lots of work to do
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 20, 2016
Never a dull moment! Never ending tasks. Keeps me busy. Need to recognize our hard work (not direct manager) but the company executives.
Pros
great teamwork! lots of free lunch!
Cons
too much work expected for one person to handle.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 25, 2016
It is a great company to work for. Management is very flexible and co workers are very easy to get along with.

The most that I enjoy about the job is that I am able to help others and make an impact in their lives on a daily basis. It is very rewarding and satisfying.
Pros
Free lunches during meetings
Benefits
Busy work environment
Quality Management (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 19, 2016
I learned how to interact with various vendors at different levels. People were fun to work with and as in any work environment there were favorites. The hardest part of the job was to tell a member that their limited healthcare coverage did not cover their DME or a certain service. The most enjoyable part of the job was the very nice end of the year party for all employees.
Cons
Having to continuously train staff from other PMG entities that didn't understand Quality Management
A place that makes things happen for their members
Member Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 29, 2016
I enjoy my job. I love my coworkers .
I enjoy helping our members with authorization status,
claim status, provider information.
All departments work together respectfully.
Team work is very big in this job.
Pros
Awesome holiday parties, 8:30 start time
really good workplace
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2016
everything is great with this company. i loved every bit of it. really outgoing people and they all cared about your well being with the company
friendly knowledgeable co workers.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 21, 2016
great learning experience but case loads for the nurses are to large to manage patients appropriately. most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients and making a difference in their life. Hardest part of the job is having a huge case load and attempting to complete everything on time to meet compliance to pass audit.
Pros
salary
Cons
huge case load
Employees are not valued
PM employee (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 15, 2015
I was told by multiple employees that the company does not care for their employees and saw this to be proven, after giving 110% of my work ethic and dedication. Sad but the turn around is high due to bad management and overworking conditions. No value on employees but only on their output. Employees seen as replaceable and only a body that fills space. No work life balance here, everyone is expected to come in early, skip lunch, and stay late everyday! You won't hear a 'thank you' or 'well done', in fact the management would rather no interaction between employees, and communication is rare.
Pros
hard working employees
Cons
bad managment, depressing work environment, poor communication, antiquated work methods, restrictions on all computer use which hinders essential job duties.
Fun place
CS (Current Employee) –  Orange, CaJune 2, 2015
Exciting place to work, close to various freeways, the Block in Orange and Angel stadium! If you are interested in a career, give Prospect an opportunity.
Welp, at least you have a job.
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 29, 2014
Prospect has a good name unfortunately many of their employees aren't happy. The cheapest medical insurance benefit for 1 person is 50 bucks per check. God forbid you have a family. The pay periods leave you broke because you get paid on the 7th and 22nd of each month, if they fall on weekdays. If not you get paid the following day. We have to hide our cell phones because they can not be visible on our desk. Because its data entry things go a lot smoother listening to music but nope, not allowed. We can't even lock our personal belongings in our desk, manager wants it unlocked. Manager WILL go through your things, your email if you leave your computer unlocked, and will answer your phone. Unable to talk to your co workers because if manager catches you talking she will give you more work to do. Manager does not trust your work so will be extremely micromanaging and makes a very uncomfortable work environment.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
pay periods; micromanaging;
Performance Program Coordinator Manager didn't offer permanent position for current part time or temp employee because she's save for her friends only
Temp employee of Performance Program Coordinator. (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 30, 2014
That's really suck manager. Performance Program Coordinator Manager was violated the company policy to submit the 2 referral forms to get $500 from the company because she'd like received money for her self that why she didn't offer jobs for current part time employees or temp employees. They worked hard for nothing.
Pros
They're not team help.
Cons
Poor Performance Program Coordinator Manager, Medical Manager, etc...
Not a healthy place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orange,caMay 2, 2014
Let me start by saying that Prospect Medical is not a healthy place to work at. They over work you to the max. Management has high expectations from customer service but yet they don't provide the tools that customer service needs. The training is horrible. There is no room for advancement. People are always calling off and we are always short staff.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, training is bad. High expectations and upper management not aware

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prospect Medical Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6