Prospect Park Alliance Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Prospect Park (Brooklyn), NYFebruary 28, 2018
I enjoy my job. The people i work with are nice and understanding. We all get along well. My boss is very kind and understanding with me. If the commute was not to far i would stay working for the park.
A fun learning experience
Park youth representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 16, 2017
This job is an amazing learning experience and it helped me improve my people skills and communication towards others. This job also taught me about animals and the study of nature and a lot of other things.
Pros
Outdoor environment
Relax work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 9, 2017
I worked at the Alliance as a part-time employee. I was not eligible for benefits or paid time-off.

It was one of the most enjoyable work place and was able to take advantage of the city's park.
Fun if animals are your passion.
Zoo Tour Guide/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 1, 2017
While volunteering at the zoo I got hands on experience on working on animals. Some skills I got to indulge in were my communication skills and disciplining myself to stand up for long period of times. One of the most difficult parts were being out in the open exhibit in the summer. On the other hand you get to meet different people from around the world who come to visit the zoo.
Pros
Long breaks, free admissions to other zoos
A great learning place.
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Extremely high rate of turnover. Great if you want to learn on the job with a higher than average salary. Retention is a big issue, but one that the park is working on. There is also a strategic plan to raise wages and offer more opportunities for growth.
Lakeside Gardening Work
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Hard, strenuous, physical work.

Beautiful park, beautiful environment.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Food Services (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 2, 2014
Management is great. co workers are fun. I learned communication skills
Great organization with a heart
Fundraising Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 18, 2013
Over 25 years of making a great Park greater. Honored to help raise over $150,000 in the short time I have worked here through two large fundraising events.
Serene and peaceful
Office/ Graphics Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 27, 2013
This is the same company as the one before I was promoted within the company
Pastoral workplace with good pay and great management.
Working under Landscape Architect Crystal Gaudio (Current Employee) –  Prospect ParkMay 30, 2013
Typically, my day working with the Lakeside Center landscape effort includes planting trees, shrubs and herbaceous plant material. Additionally, I am expected to identify desirable and undesirable weeds, follow architectural landscape blueprints, and assist in the assembly of irrigation systems.

I work from Monday through Friday, from 8 am - 4 pm. The landscape architects for whom I work are kind, courteous and eager to pass on knowledge they feel will facilitate a pedagogical environment. As all of the work is done in the southeastern area of Prospect Park, I am able to ride my bike to and from- which compounds upon the active lifestyle necessary to perform work such as this.

With about a week to go until planting, and thus, the job, ends- I could not be more satisfied.
Cons
No benefits
Grill Cook/ Porter Review
Porter (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NyJune 8, 2012
This job is the best job on the planet. Located right in the middle of Prospect Park. I learned everything I needed to know about having a real job here. management is fair and so is the pay. dco-workers become best friends. the hardest part of the day is going home after your shift. everything is so enjoyable.
Pros
free food
Cons
cook it yourself lol