Prosper Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very high turnover
Other (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoSeptember 24, 2018
I was definitely not happy here and yes they are trying to change the culture but it's because they after seeing a HUGE amount of people leaving their doors.
Pros
snacks & co-workers
Cons
management and work life balance
Good place to work and learn
Marketing Optimization Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 11, 2018
good start up environment, challenging projects and smart people to work with. there is always more than what you can do so it is very important to prioritize and balance your work.
Great Job!
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 10, 2018
It was a great job helping people receive financial coaching. It felt fulfilling giving people hope where some people felt like they had none. There are a lot of very poor and desperate people in the World today that need financial education. It's nice to be able to offer that to them.
Pros
Great co-workers, easy job, and good working equipment.
Cons
Heathcare and low pay.
Casual team environment, lots of perks & good pay.
Customer Experience Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2018
Lots of negative reviews from 2-3 years ago but I have to say since I got hired in 2017 I have not seen ANY examples of the negativity regarding management, in fact just the opposite. There's an open door policy and a monthly town hall with the CEO, CFO, etc. where they share Corp goals, new and those achieved. Lots of morale boosting and employee recognition events. Great benefits and pay.
Pros
Large stocked comfortable cafeteria, awesome health care benefits, 401k match up to 5%, generous paid time off, casual comfortable work environment.
Cons
Sometimes even though busy can be repetitive (boring)
great place to work also a growing company
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILNovember 15, 2017
This is a great company and is very helpful to all of their clients.This company has helped so many new and old clients since I been with them! There is no better place to work
Great job but management of the business is poor.
specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 11, 2017
I have a passion for the hard work and providing a great skill but the management of the company is unprofessional and not managed properly. I am currently working her but in need of something new.
Prosper
Sales (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 13, 2017
I wish Prosper was still around so I could work there now. It was a great place with amazing culture and we all made really good money. Ownership changed, company name changed... everything changed.
Fast Paced, highly stressful
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SALES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 25, 2017
Company outsources to reduce cost but offers poor benefits to outsourced employees with higher expectations of work output. High employee turnover rates.
great company
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI 48098August 23, 2017
one of the best company's I've worked with They're very professional and are very family oriented this job is all about their employees and are there for them when they are needed.
I didn't prosper, at Prosper
Loan Verification Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 30, 2017
I have been in the workforce for nearly 15 years and this is my first truly negative experience. The company has a definite culture problem and management treats employees as a number versus a person. I left a fairly lucrative (albeit chaotic and stressful) position to accept this job and felt it was definitely over-sold to me. I would not recommend Prosper to others.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Management culture
Relaxed Environment with minimum chance for growth
Underwriter- Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2017
Prosper offers great pay and benefits but in a call center environment it is very tough to move up to higher positions unless you are a favorite to management and get on their good side
Great benefits, great people, fun place to work
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2016
Start-up company with a great culture. Newly updated office with state of the art computer systems, pool table, ping pong and fully stocked kitchen. Great for recent college grad starting out.
Pros
Benefits and perks
Cons
Constant change
Good Company
Verification Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2016
Good Benefits, Stressful environment that is riddled with work place politics. Most people there are miserable but they wear their happy mask because the pay is good
Prosper Healthcare Lending
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 17, 2016
I can not attest to the life at Prosper Marketplace as I worked mostly with Prosper Healthcare Lending, which has now been move from Utah to San Fran. My time in Prosper Healthcare Lending has been the best job I've ever had. But I'm not sure where that goes from here.
a fun place with a lot of healthy snacks
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2016
This is a fun place with a lot of healthy snacks.

It is in the downtown San Francisco, 20 mins walking from cal-train station.

The gym membership is up to $1000/year.
Mess of a company
Director, Verification Services (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2016
Horrible culture, High level management are crooks, stole from the company after investors invested with prosper. stay away!
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
horrible culture and management
Laid Off
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 2, 2016
Work was amazing until layoffs
was making great money, loved the environment, laid off entire SLC office. Would have wanted to work here for next 5-10 years.
Not a place to progress your career
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2016
Even though the compensation is good, there is no culture in the company. Management seems to be have no vision on how to progress.
Pros
Free Bagels Friday
One plus one does not equal two.
Accounting/Finance (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 8, 2015
Most employees that I worked with felt they were misled to come and work for the company. The team building events were decent as money was no object. The benefits were top of the line. I learned that no matter what goals were met, it wasn't enough.
Pros
Employee kitchen stocked with lots of snacks and drinks.
Cons
Company lures potential employees by promising them one job and once they've onboarded, they have them do something else.
Unprofessional Environment with unstable management
Assistant Manager, Customer Experience (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2015
The management is unprofessional and the environment is toxic. I personally witnessed the director of operations making his support staff cry and generally acting like a bully on multiple occasions. There is literally no communication, only draconian rules that must be followed without question. They completely disregard their own policies and procedures whenever it suits their needs. I would encourage anyone who is serious about further development of their career to look elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prosper. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight