Prospera Hospitality

Working at Prospera Hospitality: 22 Reviews

United States22 reviews

workpeoplehotelemployeecompanymanagermanagementteam

Terrible!

Prospera recently took over our property as our management company. It has not been an easy transition. They clearly did not have a plan in place to have this change go into effect smoothly. People lost wages, insurance went up,corporate level management did not have answers for line level staff. Vacation hours were not paid out or transferred correctly. The task force team did not include property managers in helping transition the team and instead created a hostile and unwelcoming atmosphere. After just a couple of months our property has lost staff and management that had been there for years due to the new policies and lack of respect shown by this company. My advice would be to look elsewhere.

Pros

Free lunch, ample vacation

Cons

Completely disorganized, micromanage management with unclear or no direction

Challenging and fulfilling work.

The field of human resources is ever-changing and challenging; however helping people personally and professionally is rewarding and fulfilling. The leaders at this company are knowledgeable, experienced and ethical people. They care about the business and the people doing the work.

Pros

Strong leadership

Cons

Can be stressful at times

Prospera Hospitality insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Great Experience

Everyone on the Prospera team is easy to work with and very professional. I've had the opportunity to grow and thrive, building my knowledge and experience in the process. I would highly recommend a position in this company and wish you the best of luck!

Not the best place to work

The Hilton Austin Airport could be an amazing property. But. It has absolutely horrible management. Meaning the top managers in the hotel. They need to go. It needs a complete overhaul. Very negative attitude throughout. Favoritism shown by top managers. Low employee morale. Just a stressful depressing sad place to work.

Pros

the employees

Cons

the managers

Hilton Austin Airport

Complacent Managers,Low Pay,Poor/Expensive Benefits,Depressing Culture,Lack of Co Workers who share hospitality passion,Rumor and Petty gossip is common,Low morale is common,Lack of care by staff is common,Manager Favoritism is common,Failure to see value in certain employees,Failure to keep talented/rockstar employees,

Pros

Good Stepping Stone

Cons

Management/Leadership

Don't work here, you will be very dissapointed

The first thing the GM of this property said to me in a meeting is that he hates Hilton, Should have been my first red flag to leave. Pretty sad when it says HILTON in big blue letters on the building, and this is how the GM feels about the brand he works for.

Horrible.

Hilton Chicago Oakbrook hotel front desk is the worst place to work at. Poor management. They have no clue what they are doing. Human resources is also terrible. the lady is new once she came in she cut peoples wages and benefits randomly. they are very shady. As well as the management. it is all favoritism. They give you a big responsibility with a workload & little pay. they take off 30 minutes automatically even if you don't take a lunch break. They stand over you and demand you to do things like you're a child. & if you don't abide by their rules. they go behind your back and write emails to upper management behind your back. some of them are fake in your face but behind your back they talk about you and the mistakes you've done to other co-workers. Some are racist. they fire and hire 'people so quickly thats why they are hiring people now.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

poor management

Dis fictional lack of organization poor management

Of course at the beginning they paint a beautiful picture what they don’t tell you is there always lack of staff and you’re forced to do everything which they expect you to stay from morning to night and complete all deadlines and you get blamed for miss management on your days off Plus if you have two emergencies in less then 60 days and you have to call out that’s a automatic write up company policy overall I’m not really sure 100% about prospera but I’m sure about the doubletree in Sunny Isles if you’re going in as the Hotel Sous Chef be prepared to be a dishwasher a prep cook a line cook a purchaser and make sure you can do from 12 to 16 hours daily

Pros

none really bad management lack of training filthy environment

Cons

Negative environment poor management not organized lack of employees worst kitchen ever filthy

Fun place to enjoy a night out or go to dinner with the family. Sports bar with 10 foot tvs.

I enjoyed going to work at Damon's. It was a fun atmosphere and i loved my co-workers. I enjoyed talking with my customers at the bar and the fact that I had many regulars that would only come on my shifts. I enjoy entertaining guests and insuring everyone is well taken care of.

Pros

Paid vacation was definantly a good thing

Cons

healthcare prices were too high, and still had to pay so much when i actually used it.

Horrible and corrupt to say the least.

As soon as prospera took over it all went down hill fast. Bad insurance that HR screwed up on enrolling us in so we all got back charged for their mistake. As well as our taxes were filed incorrectly. To top it all off if you try To do your job and follow the law the chef and general manager gang up to get you fired and falsify documents to discredit the employee. Good luck trying to talk to their corporate location, they literally never answer or call back. Avoid at all costs!

Pros

Employee meal

Cons

Corrupt and poor to non-existant management

Micromanaging, retaliation, and telling you to hurry up..

Be careful working for this company. They just hire to look for a reason to write you up, and fire you. High turnover rate. They don't treat new people well. Favouritism, and Assistant Controller talks rude, belittles people that ask her questions. No professionalism and gossiping.

Pros

Free decent lunch.

Cons

Short lunch break and healthcare is expensive.

Productive and Fun workplace

Working in Doubletree Cranberry was such a great experience for me, I can say that "Everyday is a new learning and experience" Especially working with my workmates and meeting different types of people such as socializing with people with different cultures. It was a great experience!

Pros

meeting new people very fast paced

Started out great and went down hill fast

There was a really great team in place when I started. Folks that really cared and worked hard. They have either been laid off or quit. Poor communication from upper management leaves lower managers and supervisors to guess which way to go without any guidance what so ever. Favoritism to certain staff and office politics everywhere. Too much drama. Literally come to work feeling stressed and left every day feeling physically and mentally drained.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Micromanagement, office politics, favoritism

ok place to work

Great people at all levels of the company - joining makepositive is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone

Terrible management

Prospera took over our hotel and had NO IDEA what they were doing!! Couldnt answer any basic questions! I would never recommend anyone to work for them ever!!!

Cons

Productive, creative and fun workplace

I had the chance to work hand and hand with their wedding planner and learned many techniques and creative ideas to use in the future. I also had the chance to work in the Sales office and learned the basics of their sales team and what their typical day is like. Many of the workers have become family to me and I truly enjoy the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South team.

Managing day to day operations with total yearly sales of $16 million dollars for a 262 room hotel with 48,000 sq. ft. of meeting space and 150 hotel

Great hotel team with superb work ethic and great team work everywhere. The company provides a great environment at Prospera and allows the team to use their entrepreneurial spirit.

Pros

Great hotel with history and excellent associates

Cons

N/a

Great Company to work for

Always busy and learned something new during my tenure with them. Lots of opportunities to advance and grow, as well as relocation and transfer opportunities. Competitive salary Continuous training for their employees and managers Hardest part with any hotel is the hours can be long certain seasons and high turnover/short staff issues

Pros

Always learning and room for growth

Cons

Overtime for salary managers working beyond 40-50 hours

Hilton Austin Airport

Working at HAA was a great experience going into the position and meeting great co-workers who helped to sell and exceed.

Great Company

Worked for Prospera for over 5 years. They are a very fair company. They allow managers to manage with their own style. As long as the numbers are good they are going to take care of you and let you do your job--but if you are not making the goals they will be on you like a hot potato. Even when things are down they ask how they can help rather than tell you what is wrong with you. Pay tends to be better than most and benefits are almost up to average. They do give raises, their bonuses are real and earned regularly. It is not a huge company but if you are willing to move around and show the ability and desire to grow they certainly will consider you first. They do like to promote from within when they can. While the hotel business in general is not 9-5 and there are often times a 60 hour work week is par for the course, there has never been a time where I missed an important school event because of my job and they do understand people and kids get sick. If you don't take advantage of the company they will give you every opportunity to keep your work and life in balance.

Pros

good pay, nice people, understanding management

Cons

expensive health insurance, Memorial Day is not a holiday

Productive task oriented workplace

A typical day would include removing entire contents of room and replacing it with new material to facilitate re-branding. I gained valuable leadership skills with this position. I managed a team of ten people to complete this project on time and on budget.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prospera Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Prospera Hospitality with

• Prospera Hospitality
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?