Prospera Hospitality Employee Reviews

Terrible!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton-OhioOctober 28, 2018
Prospera recently took over our property as our management company. It has not been an easy transition. They clearly did not have a plan in place to have this change go into effect smoothly. People lost wages, insurance went up,corporate level management did not have answers for line level staff. Vacation hours were not paid out or transferred correctly. The task force team did not include property managers in helping transition the team and instead created a hostile and unwelcoming atmosphere. After just a couple of months our property has lost staff and management that had been there for years due to the new policies and lack of respect shown by this company. My advice would be to look elsewhere.
Pros
Free lunch, ample vacation
Cons
Completely disorganized, micromanage management with unclear or no direction
Fun place to enjoy a night out or go to dinner with the family. Sports bar with 10 foot tvs.
Shift Supervisor/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMarch 1, 2018
I enjoyed going to work at Damon's. It was a fun atmosphere and i loved my co-workers. I enjoyed talking with my customers at the bar and the fact that I had many regulars that would only come on my shifts. I enjoy entertaining guests and insuring everyone is well taken care of.
Pros
Paid vacation was definantly a good thing
Cons
healthcare prices were too high, and still had to pay so much when i actually used it.
Horrible and corrupt to say the least.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAFebruary 28, 2018
As soon as prospera took over it all went down hill fast. Bad insurance that HR screwed up on enrolling us in so we all got back charged for their mistake. As well as our taxes were filed incorrectly. To top it all off if you try To do your job and follow the law the chef and general manager gang up to get you fired and falsify documents to discredit the employee. Good luck trying to talk to their corporate location, they literally never answer or call back.
Avoid at all costs!
Pros
Employee meal
Cons
Corrupt and poor to non-existant management
Micromanaging, retaliation, and telling you to hurry up..
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2018
Be careful working for this company. They just hire to look for a reason to write you up, and fire you. High turnover rate. They don't treat new people well. Favouritism, and Assistant Controller talks rude, belittles people that ask her questions. No professionalism and gossiping.
Pros
Free decent lunch.
Cons
Short lunch break and healthcare is expensive.
Productive and Fun workplace
Hourly Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAJanuary 30, 2018
Working in Doubletree Cranberry was such a great experience for me, I can say that "Everyday is a new learning and experience" Especially working with my workmates and meeting different types of people such as socializing with people with different cultures. It was a great experience!
Pros
meeting new people very fast paced
Started out great and went down hill fast
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Twp, PAJanuary 24, 2018
There was a really great team in place when I started. Folks that really cared and worked hard. They have either been laid off or quit. Poor communication from upper management leaves lower managers and supervisors to guess which way to go without any guidance what so ever. Favoritism to certain staff and office politics everywhere. Too much drama. Literally come to work feeling stressed and left every day feeling physically and mentally drained.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Micromanagement, office politics, favoritism
ok place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 22, 2017
Great people at all levels of the company - joining makepositive is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together

A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone
Terrible management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 27, 2017
Prospera took over our hotel and had NO IDEA what they were doing!! Couldnt answer any basic questions! I would never recommend anyone to work for them ever!!!
Cons
Productive, creative and fun workplace
Wedding and Sales Assistant (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 6, 2015
I had the chance to work hand and hand with their wedding planner and learned many techniques and creative ideas to use in the future. I also had the chance to work in the Sales office and learned the basics of their sales team and what their typical day is like. Many of the workers have become family to me and I truly enjoy the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South team.
Managing day to day operations with total yearly sales of $16 million dollars for a 262 room hotel with 48,000 sq. ft. of meeting space and 150 hotel
Task Force General Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2015
Great hotel team with superb work ethic and great team work everywhere. The company provides a great environment at Prospera and allows the team to use their entrepreneurial spirit.
Pros
Great hotel with history and excellent associates
Cons
N/a
Great Company to work for
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2015
Always busy and learned something new during my tenure with them. Lots of opportunities to advance and grow, as well as relocation and transfer opportunities.
Competitive salary
Continuous training for their employees and managers
Hardest part with any hotel is the hours can be long certain seasons and high turnover/short staff issues
Pros
Always learning and room for growth
Cons
Overtime for salary managers working beyond 40-50 hours
Hilton Austin Airport
Catering Manager, Hilton Austin Airport, Austin (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2015
Working at HAA was a great experience going into the position and meeting great co-workers who helped to sell and exceed.
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 24, 2014
Worked for Prospera for over 5 years. They are a very fair company. They allow managers to manage with their own style. As long as the numbers are good they are going to take care of you and let you do your job--but if you are not making the goals they will be on you like a hot potato. Even when things are down they ask how they can help rather than tell you what is wrong with you.

Pay tends to be better than most and benefits are almost up to average. They do give raises, their bonuses are real and earned regularly.

It is not a huge company but if you are willing to move around and show the ability and desire to grow they certainly will consider you first. They do like to promote from within when they can.

While the hotel business in general is not 9-5 and there are often times a 60 hour work week is par for the course, there has never been a time where I missed an important school event because of my job and they do understand people and kids get sick. If you don't take advantage of the company they will give you every opportunity to keep your work and life in balance.
Pros
good pay, nice people, understanding management
Cons
expensive health insurance, Memorial Day is not a holiday
Productive task oriented workplace
Assistant Foreman (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMarch 3, 2014
A typical day would include removing entire contents of room and replacing it with new material to facilitate re-branding. I gained valuable leadership skills with this position. I managed a team of ten people to complete this project on time and on budget.
Great staff and ever changing environment
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAJanuary 31, 2014
I worked with a team to create rooms, catering and restaurant sales for the hotel. My focus was soliciting and contracting with clients on a daily basis to achieve budgeted goals for the hotel. I worked with an energetic team of employees to insure that each guest had a positive hotel experience to generate repeat and referral business. I serviced the internal and external guest to insure a healthy and happy work environment.
Pros
Travel benefits, employee meals
Cons
Some weekend and Holiday work required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prospera Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.