Prosperity Bank Employee Reviews

Favoritism towards some employees
New Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 13, 2018
Bank manager did not discipline tellers for dragging in late every day... I would be by myself from 730 am till bank opened at 900 am. Manager acted like she was a friend to the tellers more than a boss.
Pros
One hour lunch, favorite customers
Cons
Hardly any breaks
Don’t work for them
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 3, 2018
The managers have their favorites and those are the only ones that get anything good. If you do one thing wrong, they’ll either right you up or just fire you. There’s a high turnover for a reason. The top manager literally only cares about herself and no one else. Not only that, but they’ll tip you on the pay. If you don’t get paid much already, they’ll barely raise it to make you think that it’s so much better when it’s not.
Pros
Vacation pay
Cons
Low pay, not willing to work with you.
A part of the family
Banking Officer, Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2018
Working at Prosperity Bank made it seem as if you were a part of the family. Always supportive and inclusive. Company picnics and parties that joined branches together.
My Experience
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 5, 2018
I was in training, thought I was doing great because I Would check in with my bank manager about my work. Until, I was let go unexpectedly. I was jobless and the manager could have told me more of where I needed to improve.
Good job
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TX 77901June 5, 2018
I was happy for the most part in my position here, the manager that I had was less than desireable but didn't hinder me wanting to be there. I left to stay home with my last child.
Not a very personal caring employer.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2018
This employer doesn’t give anything to the employees that I could see such as rewards for good service. It seems to make it impossible to advance or even qualify for a raise based on the metrics it uses in the review process.
Discouraging Work Place
AVP, Lobby Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 4, 2018
I've been in bank management for years and this bank is the worst. Pay is extremely low compared to their competitors, Benefits are $700 a month medical only to cover family, raises have been decreased to 2% and incentive pay is ridiculous. There is no proper training for employees and their technology is extremely outdated. I think the worst thing about Prosperity Bank is the neglect in their employees. Employees are the most important asset you can have as a company. Without them your company doesn't exist. There is absolutely no room for growth and no encouragement to do so.
Rewarding
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 20, 2018
If you have a great work ethic, then you will succeed in banking. There are many federal guidelines that must be learned as well as company guidelines. Great customer service is key in any position, but giving banking customers the peace of mind that you care about their privacy and financial stability is crucial.
Pros
Paid time off for Federal Holidays
Cons
Turnover
busy place with a poor salary
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 1, 2018
Is a small place for work but with a lot a work, that is good because keep you busy. but they have expensive healt benefits, no over time, management problems, in general the manager don't know about the roll in the banking center, and give the all responsibility with the issue for all.
the salary is very very low
and every year the raise is just 2%.
they always say "work in team" but always some people does work like a team and another not"
Cons
health care benefices expensive and low salaries
An ok place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXApril 22, 2018
Prosperity Bank in El Campo Tx was awesome however my experience in Cypress Tx location was NOT.
the management was very hard to get along with. The management time was very unprofessional at times.most times
Cons
their management in Cypress Tx
productive work place
Bank Teller/ Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Hitchcock, TXApril 4, 2018
I took deposits of all kinds, checked on peoples bank accounts, and help them figure out what problems they had when they called. The hardest part of the job was when we had to involve management.
Currently Unorganized
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 1, 2018
A typical day of work is usually fast-paced but very personal as Prosperity is used by a majority of individuals in comparison to businesses.
I learned the mannerisms and etiquette required to work in a professional customer service environment.
Management is stretched thin and can be very unreliable. Delegation of responsibilities is inconsistent. Training is inconsistent across all branches.
Enjoyable part of the job is the relationships formed with customers.
Pros
Can be a good entry level college job
Cons
Inflexible scheduling, disorganization
Prosperity Bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 28, 2018
Although the job may have been hard at times, and it got to be very detailed on the money handling side of things. It is a great company to work for..
Productive, fast paced and a good place to work
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79707March 24, 2018
Great customer service. Mortgage Broker and Bank Portfolio options. I loved working at Prosperity Bank, however ,there was no room for advancement.
Very productive and great place to learn banking.
FT Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2018
You deal with customers face to face or over the phone. This bank is a great place to gain experience how the bank procedures work. Good work environment and great co workers.
Limited and hostile work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Unfortunately it was very difficult to advance from within, which contributed to leaving this bank for a higher position within another bank. Being behind the teller line felt like being in a hierarchy. It was difficult to do the job without full training. I learned quite a bit considering I knew nothing about banking before working here. However after a while I felt like my thirst for knowledge was not supported. It's as if my manager felt that the less I knew about other positions within this bank, the better.
Pros
Gain lots of banking experience.
Cons
Opportunity for advancement is difficult.
Don't waste your time
Teller (Current Employee) –  Beeville, TXFebruary 15, 2018
You are treated very unprofessionally at prosperity bank.The Lady that was supposed to train me went on vacation during the training course.I was Left with Sally who didn't train but had me stand there and watch.They will target you if you and use to do the little things they don't want to do.Because you are new they will take your lunch from you and make you go later so they can go when they want.The schedule clearly states NO OVERTIME.When your work schedule is up and you start counting down they get mad because they did not tell you to leave thus giving you overtime.They don't ask but tell you to volunteer your time (OFF THE CLOCK)So you have to volunteer rather you want to or not.You are asked to do things for the bank off the clock by Sally and Pam.
Pros
Full Time Job
Cons
Sally, Maria, and Pam
Okay job, but has its drawbacks.
Commercial Teller (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 8, 2018
I worked at Prosperity as a commercial teller for 10 months. I got paid $10.50 per hour with the promise of periodic raises. I found out last week that I was only getting bumped up to $11.25 an hour, despite the fact that there were part time entry tellers making $11.50. I loved my coworkers and most of my customers, so that's why I stayed as long as I did. I was let go because one customer, who was notorious around town for having his account forcibly closed by several other banks for his verbally abusive behavior, was being hateful and belittling me and I stood up for myself. Apparently Prosperity would rather fire a good employee than tell a man he can't treat employees like they're dirt. I'll miss my coworkers who became my friends over the last year, but I do look forward to something that pays better. Something is wrong when you work at a bank yet barely have enough to support yourself.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, birthday parties, sick time, etc.
Cons
Working Saturdays, rude customers, unfair pay, favoritism
Fun workplace
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Great company to work for. Everyone was easy to get along with and always worked as a team. Didn't have to worry about sales goals, was very easy going.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
health insurance
Do not work here unless you are desperate!
Teller (Former Employee) –  El Campo, TXFebruary 4, 2018
Office culture and politics were that of a High School. No room for advancement and lousy pay and schedule. Customers were almost always a joy to work with, can't say the same about the management or fellow employees...