Prosperity Home Mortgage

Prosperity Home Mortgage Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA16 reviews
Tend to overwork you and underpay you. If you are a high performer you feel the impact much more, instead of being rewarded you just get more work piled on top of you when you already were at capacity prior.
Management is worthless. Unless you’re one of the top tier producers, they will do nothing for you. The back office is hopelessly incompetent. They have no sense of innovation or ability to develop underperforming business, largely because of their out of touch management who all believe they have all the answers
This company is very disorganized and it isn’t until you are in the trenches do you realize the enormity of it. Huge pay disparity amongst the ranks. Don’t waste your time and look elsewhere.
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
Underpaid, lack of advancement, lot of talk but nothing to back it
Enjoyed the work and the commute.
learned how to process condo loans, and learned how to use Encompass.

Working in the condo department was a great experience and management was very professional.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Leave a review. Help people like you.
It wasn't a bad place, just not for me. The work/life balance seemed lacking, however, that appeared to possibly depend on seniority and what department you were in.
Pros
training, securitye
Cons
work / life balance
Productive Work Place - Commission Based - Loan officers work 24/7 - high stress job - Multiple Real Estate offices covered - excellent upper management
The harder you work, the more opportunity you will be given. Company is continuing to grow even during a declining mortgage market overall. Affording career growth to its existing employees
Love Prosperity. Great career opportunity. The people are first class. Now owned by Berkshire Hathaway is a huge plus. They recently merged with a sister company making them national.
Great place to work, co-worker are great, lots of moral building activities. Benefits are excellent and timely. Good location and parking on site. Open door management style.
Pros
Laid back atmoshpere
Cons
at my positions there is no advancement
Great job work/life balance but low compensation! The company is growing and changing the way the industry is perceived and how we treat customers. Excellent communication from management regarding expectations on quotas, but not many opportunities to move up within the company. The benefits are extremely attractive (healthcare, 401K, etc).
Pros
Great Job Work/Life Balance
Cons
Low Compensation
The most rewarding and stressful job I have ever done in my life.

I enjoy helping people get their dream homes which makes the job rewarding, but dealing with a complicated transaction like this can make things very stressful.
Was there for a year as a temp doing appraisal coordination. The job was manageable, but stressful at times. The loan officers could be really snide and jerky when the appraisals were late. Was never hired on full time. The job was a steady pay-check, but not a place I'd recommend for anyone who has career ambition.
Pros
Flexible schedule, occasionial free lunch.
Cons
No advancement potential, have to wear a shirt and tie if you're a guy.
Management's only concern is quantity. Unless you threaten to leave they will not pay what the market is offering. We have had massive turnover and they still threaten our jobs. Even the high producing MC's are leaving. We are closing loans that should have been denied and trying to fix them on the back end. This is a chaotic and toxic environment which I am soon to leave. There is no effort to develop employees. When underwriters leave, management will just grab anyone, clerks, secretaries, junior processors and let them underwrite files.
Pros
Cons
Management indifferent to employee job satisfaction
I was a loan officer assistant and I was given the opportunity to learn A LOT about mortgage banking. I worked under a very professional loan officer who taught me a lot. I loved working here and I still rant about how well they treated me. I truly enjoyed being part of the team.
Pros
Generous pay, management treated their workers well.
Cons
My day at the office started with saying hello to who was already in the office, turning on my computer and starting all the other software. I answered emails and phone messages and when my boss arrived and settled in, we talked about clients and what he wanted me to do for the day. I would work with current clients, making sure we had all the necessary documents needed for loan processing.
When we had new clients, I would introduce myself by email or phone and work on their loan applications if brand new or instruct them on what the process was and what documents were needed for loan processing. If necessary, I would print the loan disclosures or send them by secure email to new clients with new home contracts.

I worked with the agents in the office and agents outside the office, giving them updates on their clients loans and getting information from them if necessary. Once a week, I would have a call from our processor at our operations center to get updates on the loans in process and answer any questions the processor had on any of the loans.

My boss, the mortgage consultant would average about $3,000,000 or more in new loans each month and closing about the much in the month as well.

My other daily activities were to complete reports when necessary on sales volume and opportunities, checked on the marketing software for status of the marketing pieces, adding new clients or referral partners.

During the football season, we would have a company football pool for the agents as well as the Superbowl pool. This was an enjoyable activity as the agents were very
 - more...
Pros
Working with my boss and the agents.
Cons
Long evening commute each day and salary not enough
Constantly learning from my coworkers and others about the mortgage industry! Great place for moving up and learning how to do things right!