Prosperity Home Mortgage Employee Reviews

Lack of Communication
Senior Processor II / Junior Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 18, 2019
Lack of communication companywide. Mortgage is ever changing and these changes are never relayed to employees. Employees are not given feedback on how they are performing in their position.
Sinking ship- just don’t do it
Processor (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 1, 2019
This company is very disorganized and it isn’t until you are in the trenches do you realize the enormity of it. Huge pay disparity amongst the ranks. Don’t waste your time and look elsewhere.
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
Underpaid, lack of advancement, lot of talk but nothing to back it
Secure Company
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 6, 2019
It wasn't a bad place, just not for me. The work/life balance seemed lacking, however, that appeared to possibly depend on seniority and what department you were in.
Pros
training, securitye
Cons
work / life balance
Productive Work Place
Licensed Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 18, 2018
Productive Work Place - Commission Based - Loan officers work 24/7 - high stress job - Multiple Real Estate offices covered - excellent upper management
Great Company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 16, 2018
The harder you work, the more opportunity you will be given. Company is continuing to grow even during a declining mortgage market overall. Affording career growth to its existing employees
Incredible opportunity to succeed
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 14, 2018
Love Prosperity. Great career opportunity. The people are first class. Now owned by Berkshire Hathaway is a huge plus. They recently merged with a sister company making them national.
Most unfriendly atmosphere I ever worked
Processor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 24, 2018
Every one here works around 15 hours weekly OFF the clock and upper management is fully aware of it, they make employee feel they will lose their job if outrageous quota is not met. Management in this office an embarrassment to the company
Pros
Lunch
Administration Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 24, 2018
Great place to work, co-worker are great, lots of moral building activities. Benefits are excellent and timely. Good location and parking on site. Open door management style.
Pros
Laid back atmoshpere
Cons
at my positions there is no advancement
Low Compensation but Great Job Work/Life Balance
Post Closer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 9, 2018
Great job work/life balance but low compensation! The company is growing and changing the way the industry is perceived and how we treat customers. Excellent communication from management regarding expectations on quotas, but not many opportunities to move up within the company. The benefits are extremely attractive (healthcare, 401K, etc).
Pros
Great Job Work/Life Balance
Cons
Low Compensation
I would never recomend anyone to work there worst place
Processor (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCDecember 26, 2017
The manager there was the worst didn't know how to talk to you. They don't provide training they just throw in a chair and give you work. The staff not friendly at all and everyone is for them selves no team players.
What, what?
Processor (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 27, 2017
The most rewarding and stressful job I have ever done in my life.

I enjoy helping people get their dream homes which makes the job rewarding, but dealing with a complicated transaction like this can make things very stressful.
Supportive Management Team
Mortgage Consultant NMLS ID (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 11, 2017
Supportive Management Team, great programs, knowledgable Processing Team. I would rather have an office that was producing more business with a shorter commute.
Pros
Various training programs, exposure to Realtors
Cons
My locations are not profitable offices. Travel time is 1 hour or more each way.
Learned a lot
Real Estate Instructor (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMay 30, 2017
I learned a great deal working at Prosperity Mortgage. Great support team and lots of training to keep you up to date on ever changing guidelines. Would recommend them to anyone.
No Consistency
Senior Post Closer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 26, 2017
There is no consistency at this place. Since I have been here my job duties have changed three times and my job title has changed twice. Management makes decisions regarding moving people around without discussing it with the employee or the employee's current supervisor.

Management asks for suggestions for process improvements but your ideas and suggestions are not heard. I asked for an updated job description every time my job duties changed and I have yet to receive one.

The job that I got hired to do is not what I do on a daily basis.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Poor Management
Good company to work for
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2017
I learned a lot about the mortgage industry while working at prosperity mortgage. Hour were mostly normal for the banking industry with some Saturdays as needed by realtors.
Fast Paced and Professional
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 2, 2017
I enjoy working at Prosperity, it is a fast paced working environment, that carries a lot of stress, but high rewards.

I enjoy working with the team, Mortgage Consultants, Underwriters, Closers, etc.

My co-workers are helpful, along with the management team.

The hardest part of the job are the time constraints and some things being beyond your control.

However, nothing beats the excitement of getting someone their house.
An okay job, but not a career.
Valuation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 27, 2016
Was there for a year as a temp doing appraisal coordination. The job was manageable, but stressful at times. The loan officers could be really snide and jerky when the appraisals were late. Was never hired on full time. The job was a steady pay-check, but not a place I'd recommend for anyone who has career ambition.
Pros
Flexible schedule, occasionial free lunch.
Cons
No advancement potential, have to wear a shirt and tie if you're a guy.
Intelligent Need Not Apply
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 18, 2015
Management's only concern is quantity. Unless you threaten to leave they will not pay what the market is offering. We have had massive turnover and they still threaten our jobs. Even the high producing MC's are leaving. We are closing loans that should have been denied and trying to fix them on the back end. This is a chaotic and toxic environment which I am soon to leave. There is no effort to develop employees. When underwriters leave, management will just grab anyone, clerks, secretaries, junior processors and let them underwrite files.
Pros
Cons
Management indifferent to employee job satisfaction
Productive and successful
Senior Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 1, 2015
Actively seeking new opportunities due to rumors of layoffs. Process mortgage loans for 3 loan officers and overflow volume.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Unfriendly atmosphere
Best job I've ever had
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  rockville, mdMarch 26, 2015
I was a loan officer assistant and I was given the opportunity to learn A LOT about mortgage banking. I worked under a very professional loan officer who taught me a lot. I loved working here and I still rant about how well they treated me. I truly enjoyed being part of the team.
Pros
Generous pay, management treated their workers well.