ProTec Building Services Employee Reviews

Unpaid overtime, promises they don't keep, every man for themselves.
Tech (Current Employee) –  Stanton, CAJuly 24, 2019
Do not work here: Mangement takes no responsibility for the mistakes they send you into head on, they can't even mange to get you an address to the property they want to send you to. Real "figure it out culture." You work overtime, they want to negoiate you "leaving early the next day" rather than pay you. Lots of really suspect things go on inside those walls, but they know you need a job. You'll never know where you truly stand because if you were unlucky enough to be on a job that went bad, and had nothing to do with what went wrong... poor you because to save their own butt they'll lie on you. Mangement sits on their rear billing work off your hard work, while they lounge at the office. Harassment, Nepotism, Fraud, Backstabbing, OSHA violations, and I only worked their a short time. Take the job if you need it, but have a back up plan and a tape recorder. OSHA should send undercovers.
Hard save fun working company
Rafael Orosco/Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 13, 2018
Hard working company. Also the managers are fair and understanding and will work with you if needed.
The owner of the company is always checking up on all his employees and making sure he's known in the company and is connected with all the employees and knows them by name I have meetings every last Thursday for safety meetings and prizes and giveaways and raffles to save this person working
It was a good company
plumber (Former Employee) –  Stanton, CAAugust 15, 2018
I was laid off due to the lack of plumbing jobs. The benefits were great and I enjoyed the people I worked with. I learned a lot from the other workers doing construction.
I had a great experience working there.
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2018
It was a great work atmosphere. All of the employees treated me with respect and in turn I respect them. I still have friends that keep in contact from protec.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Coordinating its HOA in different buildings.
Wonderful company to work for.
Lead Concierge/On-site Community Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2018
ProTech was an incredible company to work for. The position granted me the opportunity to learn many new aspects of residential management.

The best part of the job was the team I worked with and the ability to work independently on several projects.
Great People, Laid Back Environment and Good Compensation
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  San DiegoJuly 28, 2015
The management team really cares about its employees. If there is an emergency, they always understand. BBQs, food and rewards are monthly, if not weekly sometimes.

If you work hard, you will reep the benefits of salary increases and bonuses. They give plenty of time for breaks and opportunities for vacation. They don't want you to burn out and respect your work/home life.

It is like any other job where you don't always want to go in, or the days can get demanding, but the people are awesome and make it a fun environment.
Pros
Rewards, Salary Increases, Good Benefits, Fun People
Cons
The big jolly guy eats all your food
Good medical benefits
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 3, 2014
Enjoyed my 8 years of employment at Protec doing what I love. Protec gave me much of my experience in accounting.
Pros
Fulltime work
Cons
Hostile environment
Fun place to work & varied tasks each week
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 28, 2013
Data entry & some outbound phone calls. Backup for company's receptionist. Lots of great support from field personnel as well as fellow office workers.
Pros
Company picnic, paid vacation
Cons
Sometime work would be very slow
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 23, 2013
fixing anyone fence broken i learned more skills from each other co worker. management was good. the hardest part was driving several miles to each one job but enjoyable too
Pros
miles paid
Cons
sometimes i worked part time