Protect America Employee Reviews

Protect America doesnt protect squat
INSTALLATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 18, 2018
Horrible call center job. No real training. Lack of morals. Big boss is never seen. Product is extremely old an outdated. And i cant think of one instance where the customer was priority.
Great place to work for
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time employed at Protect America, Inc. The people there were absolutely fantastic and the environment was very laid back and modern.
Pros
Laid back environment, Base pay plus commission plus bonuses, interactive leadership, effective training, etc.
Cons
Sales- Cut throat
Strict
System Programmer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 5, 2018
The company has a lot of guidelines regarding presentation. The management is reactive rather then proactive when it comes to job satisfaction. They worry about their KPI rather then employee satisfaction.
May 11, 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! We are always looking for ways to improve on our employee satisfaction - and to reward our employees for their hard work. We also promote from within so everyone has an opportunity to grow.

Good culture of people but the management is terrible
Customer Sales & Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Overall i had a very bad experience working for this company,Management is HORRIBLE i would not refer anyone to work for Protect America. They have bad business and management ethics
February 14, 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, even though it sounds like you didn't feel the role was a fit. We do our best to make sure all of our employees are treated fairly and managed in a way that allows them to reach their potential.

it a fun place to work
Building Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 18, 2017
Monday and Tuesday is a very busy days because costumes have to receive their order on time,i learn how to program the alarm systems ,my management was great to me.my workplace culture was great.if people are calling in ,is the hard part of the job.everybody is happy for payday
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Misleading
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 14, 2017
The pay is very lopsided. Reps make more than the managers working fewer ours. CEO dictates every thing. Very micro managed. There is not much stability from a financial perspective
February 9, 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! We value your feedback and view every day as an opportunity to improve. We do offer varying starting pay for those who have higher levels of education and experience. There are always opportunities to earn more with Protect America and many positions have a competitive commission structure.

Customer Experience Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 12, 2017
I have worked for protect america for almost 2 years. Hard work is recognized on a daily basis. I have grown with the company and every one has knowledge to offer. I plan on staying with protect america as there is no other place with such a great culture out there.
Bad
Quality assurance (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2017
Worked there for too many years and mad less than new hires. Job was not fun, poor leadership. If your weren’t in the “in crowd” you were treated differently. Job was more favoritism than hard work. Would not recommend this job to anyone
February 14, 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! We do offer varying starting pay for those who have higher levels of education and experience. We also do our best to reward all of our employees based on their work. We are sorry to hear that you felt unrewarded, and appreciate your candid story.

It was great until it wasn't
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXNovember 15, 2017
I was in quality assurance but also was able to make sales which was great. I had a great team, great training, the only problem was when I was pregnant the on duty manager tried to write me up for using the bathroom too much. (he did not know I was pregnant) When I was presented with the paperwork I refused to sign and explained the situation. I was told to sign it or leave. So I left.
Up and down like a pogo stick
Inside Sales Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2017
Job started off well liked 3 month quarterly schedules, pay was good at first then company struggled and brought in hachet guys to lower morale to fire you or make you so miserable you wanted to quit.

Want to know more about Protect America?

Ask a question
Money
Installation Technician Rep and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2017
There is potential for you to make a lot of money but you have to grind everyday, every month, and every year lol. Its a non stop hustle at PA and there is lack of leadership for the company moving forward.
Pros
Money is in Sales and Installation department
Cons
Schedule, Poor Choice for Advancement, Upper management favortism
Fun Coworkers, stressful work
L1- General Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2017
Coworkers there are just the best I have had the pleasure of working with. Some calls can be the best while others can be stressful. Sometimes there are mistakes from payroll that can impact how you view the place. If your Q.A score is low it can and will impact your bonus and commission.
Pros
Supervisors, Coworkers, Bonus and commissions.
Cons
Mistakes with Payroll
Ever Changing
General Care (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2017
It is an ever changing environment with very high expectations. On a daily basis you need to be able to adjust at a moments notice and change directions frequently.
telemarketing
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXOctober 11, 2017
I called customers and set up appointment times to have a security system demonstrated to them at their home. it was a very easy job and not stressful at all.
Pros
easy job
Cons
better pay
Great Work Atmosphere with Advancement
Sales Manager / CSR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Starting with the company your in a 3 week training that thouroghly teaches the employees how to operate the equipment. Once on the floor the management work one on one to make sure you succeed and have a great growth with the company. Advancement are given in the company and great benefits are offered. Hands down one of the best companies in Central Texas!!
Pros
Advancements
Cons
10 hour work shifts
Review
Care Operations (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2017
Almost anyone who has worked at Protect America can agree with most negative reviews. I don't feel comfortable providing too much information in my review but, all in all it isn't absolutely terrible. It has it's good/ bad moments and for the most part it is a friendly working environment.
Teamwork makes dream work!
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2017
Protect America is a great place to work, fun, and a great place to make money.

Lots of events.

Management doesnt micro manage.

Hardest part of job was having to leave
Pros
Money can be great if you put in the time and hustle, Managers work with you and the team is cool with each other
Cons
Not very close to quick restaurants, but at least there are food trucks.
Very welcoming environment.
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 12, 2017
People here is very professional and they'll do whatever it takes for you to succeed. The harder you work, the more they will help you to succeed. If you can succeed in the General Care, you can do about anything in this company.
Culture good
Operation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 9, 2017
Okay place to work.
Advance is there if you work hard enough
Management can be over bearing at times.
Fun activities done, every now and then
Compensation very low
Fast pace work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78728June 28, 2017
Coming into work check emails from customers with questions or issues with security systems, be ready to answer the phone and assist customers with issues promptly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Protect America. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about