Protection One, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Sales Job.
Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2018
It's a great job to have if you can handle sales. A lot if door to door knocking and you can't be shy. You must be a people person otherwise you honestly won't do well. You are your own boss. Which was nice. Upper management was always nice and helpful.
Pros
Your own boss
Decent company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 9, 2018
The work wasn't hard to do in customer service. You mostly deal with helpimg people turn off their alarm systems, troubleshooting alarms, set up aervice appointments and take payments. It was a fun enviromemt.
Cons
Lack of promotions
Chicago IL
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILApril 2, 2018
I loved training sales representatives and I love meeting new people every day but the charge backs when people didn't pay there bill really hurt me. Thanks
Good Place to Work
Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 26, 2018
Protection one was a great place to work. It is a stressful job, but can be rewarding as well. You get to know your co-workers well because you work with the same people every day.
nice co-workers
Level 3, Sercurity/Fire Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2018
Bad management but co-workers are good peoples. no advancement, company is likely to fire you for anything. no training, no good benefits, work with no good equipment,
Pros
nice co-worker
Cons
bad managment
productive/ laid back
RESIDENTIAL OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 22, 2018
worked for protection one for over 10 years. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of family between coworkers. Laid back but productive environment.
Billing Representative
Billing Representative I (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 15, 2018
I enjoy coming to work everyday because you never know what type of billing issue will need to be resolved. You are also able to speak with people all over the United States.
Quick paced and room for advancement
Telesales Representative, Outbound sales calls (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67202March 8, 2018
Quick paced work center, always adjusting to new equipment and alarms . You learn new things ever day per commercial and or residential security. Seminars were held at the location to keep everyone on same page with change.
Pros
Great pay and advancement opportunities
Fun
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 2, 2018
part time job helped out my sister and brother in law. revised alarm contracts. worked very few hours but loved it. i went on house calls to try and sell the system. technicians were nice.
Why I left
Commercial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Fun job but there were more experienced sales reps that continuously got the bigger accounts. I understand giving leads to the people you think have the best chance to close it but for the people who had been there a year or so should have been given some of the leads to improve their skills and learn.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Little training
Most enjoyable job ive ever had.
Alarm Installer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 7, 2018
Work load was great, customers were great to interact with. My operations manager was the best ive ever had. Was always out in the field, company vehicle and phone was provided. Some wire runs were difficult. Interacting with many different people from all walks of life was the most enjoyable part of the job.
it's decent, enough.
Commercial Accounts Rep (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Micro management. They have implemented assigned seating, which is ridiculous in a call center environment. Management shows too much favoritism and unfortunately, if you are not well liked you will not get promoted. If you fall in a certain age demographic, you do not get promoted. The open book policy is too open, meaning, nothing is kept confidential to include HR. Management wears its feelings on its shoulders and comes in with unfavorable attitudes. They preach being positive and team building but tend to promote the opposite.
Great Company to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm BeachFebruary 1, 2018
Fast Paced, End Of Month is stressful. Company needs to plan for future workers by creating an internship program, bringing in fresh talent and training them in the culture.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Stressful environment
nothing
Tier 2 installation technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2018
nothing to say but i like the company and wish i still worked there but we couldnt come to an agreement so i had to part ways. they did try there best to make me happy but it just wasnt a fit.
Alarm Monitor
Alarm Monitoring Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR 97005January 29, 2018
I loved this job it was my second professional alarm monitoring position/ job. I had great staff, great training, great tools to work with and help if needed. I learned alot from this company. I even saved some lives. I was very upset when they decided to downsize the call centers and laid everyone off at this location
Poor lack of management and employee relations
Monitoring Rep (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 11, 2018
After the merger with ADT things became a mess. Managers didn't know what they were talking about because they weren't informed so us as employees were even less informed about new procedures and what we were supposed to be doing under adt and their management.
Fast paced environment
Commercial Accounts Rep I (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working as an Alarms Dispatcher. It was fun, easy, not too stressful and the employees were a great help with training. It'd not a bad company to grow with.
Pros
working weekends
Cons
short lunches
Cool job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP1 (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 8, 2017
very easy job once you get the system down. You have friendly co-workers as long as you show up and show that you are coachable you can easily do your job. morning shift are pretty fast paced while evenings are more slower.
Fun Place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 5, 2017
Dealing with customers daily can get stressful, so the company has recognitions, and competitions that make the time fun! The management for most part will work with you, and help you understand the matrices that you need to do your job, and do what ever training assistance they can to help you do better. They are very good about advertising/promoting from within, so the skies the limit with this company. PTO and sick days are based on hours worked.
Pros
accumulative pto, supportive atmosphere
Cons
no part time schedules
Good benefits and advancement possibilities
Sales Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 14, 2017
Company was sold after my leaving the company. I am unfamiliar with the new management. But, at the time I was employed the management was great to work with. I held several positions starting in customer service, accounts receivable to analytical analysis. Good possibility for advancement and benefits.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Multiple acquisitions and company being sold causing layoffs