Protective Industrial Products Employee Reviews

No opportunities for advancement
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 29, 2018
There are no opportunities for advancement. Management does not communicate internally if there are positions available you have to find them on job posting sites. They do not promote from within. Lack of good benefits, after 5 years they only offer a day per year rather than a week like most other companies.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Healthcare benefits, Vacation time, ability to advance, no communication of positions available within the company
Do not work here!
Headquarter Employee (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 26, 2018
No career advancement. No job security, firings happen weekly. Compensation was at the distacretion of the owner who you did not interact with unless you were getting your hand slapped. Some department leaders were extremely unprofessional and did not know what they were doing.
Pros
Co- workers, comfortable chairs
Cons
Disorganization, unprofessional management, old systems
A Good Place to Learn
BI/IT (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 3, 2018
I enjoyed my time with PIP for the most part. I was able to learn great skills at that job and have turned those skills into a career and for that, I'm grateful.
What I didn't like is that after years of acquired skills and experience, doing the jobs of 4 different roles at any other company, PIP acted like they were rewarding me by paying me $25K below market value for my position.
I'd say, if you're related to or friends with the owners, there is great opportunity for advancement and fair pay. If you aren't related to or friends with the owners, there is very little opportunity for advancement or fair pay...so if you intend to pursue an actual career as opposed to just working a job, PIP will probably be a temporary employer...a good place to learn before moving on.
Pros
co-workers were nice people
Cons
poor medical, micromanaging execs
Interium job
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 26, 2018
Located in beautiful upstate New York. Other than that I don't feel it's appropriate to discuss company business in an open concept such as the internet.
PIP review
Territory Account Mgr, Custom Order Rep (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 16, 2018
PIP is a company that continues to grow. However i had reached a maximum level of job advancement. Hardest part of the job was the extremely busy and hectic work load. The best part of the job was the fellow co-workers I had worked with over the years.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Healthcare, lack of advancement
hard work lonly
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 14, 2017
the job was hard slinging boxes all day some were very heavy some weren't the place was filthy the people were friendly though not the worst place but defiantly not for everyone
gloves
Administrative Support / Inside Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 27, 2017
manufacturing of gloves, different types of latex.

learned how to do inside sales and manage 50 accounts.

a very fast paced job which entailed pricing bids..
Pros
Dinner with the company
Cons
no healthcare offered
pull orders while listening to music
Order Puller/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 13, 2017
Prep all forklifts for daily work, refill batteries, restock all packing products. Take inventory of all product for periodic audits. Process special orders such as folding gloves and repackaging them. Get to listen to music while you work.
Pros
relaxed work, listen to music, free lunch every now and then
Cons
early start time
Boring
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 10, 2017
Very boring, little to no chance for better opportunities or advancement. very repetitive work, most employees very friendly. To many managers. Very isolated.
Pros
generous vacation and personal days off
Cons
Little to no advancement
Great job culture with lots of pizza
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 8, 2016
A typical day at PIP would include answering phones and gathering data for distribution to management. I learned a lot about how specific departments work separately and the significance of how all the separate parts come together for one complete project. Management made a big deal about collaboration and how efficient communication can help separate teams reach a common goal. My co-workers were always upbeat and busy which inspired me to work harder. The hardest part of this job was processing the volume of incoming data. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with other teams and eating lots of pizza during our meetings.
Very Fair Employer
Payroll and Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYDecember 17, 2014
PIP is a very fair employer I enjoy working there and the management is approachable. This company is growing very fast and has a bright future.
Pros
Management treats employee great.
Cons
Many new employees and no written procedures.
fast paced work environment
Territory/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 10, 2014
ongoing phones and over 100 emails a day. order entry, return authorizations and product recommendations
Pros
close to home
Cons
small work force for work volume
Basic workplace
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2014
the job was your typical come in and same routine everyday . The people in management positions were fair in all decisions and the work was easy
Great People
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Latham NYFebruary 8, 2014
PIP is a welcoming company with great people who are always willing to help.
traveled extensively and enjoyed my team
PPE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2014
I had 14 guys working for me. We called on mainly refineries. My main lesson was people skills. Management was great. I was my own boss and was pretty much left alone. I covered 6 states and was responsible for 14 peers. I had total support from all my coworkers. Catching planes on time seemed to be one of my toughest challenges. Again, winning a big contract fro a competitor seemed to be my biggest joy.....
Pros
Winning new yearly contracts
Cons
6 states and 14 peoples different attitudes seemed to be the biggest challenge
Pip
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 7, 2013
fun people good place to work.Very easy to learn new thigns.
Good Overall Company
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 26, 2012
Overall good company. Many changes and weakness in communication from the main office to the satellite branches but if you are flexible and open you can do well.
Pros
family owned, job security
Cons
training